Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris PC After Scrimmage

Started by TebowHater, March 03, 2018, 08:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldman1015

Soooooo no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at halftime?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

twistitup

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 12:13:18 pm
I'll let you figure it out but don't hurt yourself trying..

Coach Mickey Mouse is now unemployed
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 12:12:23 pm
Told by who? I thought we had a great nutrition program ....wouldn't those same great employees have discussions with the coach about what was needed to improve our athletes? We switched from a Wisky offense to a spread type offense....but we forgot to change our diets to match the change in scheme?

Sounds like we have some very bright individuals running that awesome nutrition program.

Our nutritionists have the proper meals and to go bags packed for them, they aren't going home with them to make sure they eat it, or eat properly. I don't think our offense ever made that shift as you describe, we did open it more with Enos, but I don't think they changed their recruiting tactics or S&C philosophy. That doesn't fall on the nutrition program, that goes a little above their pay grade. If you want to have a discussion on that, fine, it's been discussed a lot, but is definitely a downfall under Bielema.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 04, 2018, 11:56:10 am
Sounds to me like CMM is making excuses for a poor season next year. The schedule sets up for at least 6 wins at a minimum. He performs below that level and he'll be off to a bad start.

I don't think that is the case at all. This staff is just now getting an opportunity to see these kids on the field and evaluate their on-field abilities. I played with a couple of guys that were absolute all stars in the weight room. They out-worked everybody and provided impressive work-outs, they were also fast running 40's. But put them on the field with everyone else in live action and their performances left a lot to be desired. My point is, the real evaluation begins now, on the field.

Once this staff has had an opportunity to evaluate everyone (and the hand that they have been dealt) they will have a better idea of what they have to work with to put together a competitive team. Let's remember that this staff has been putting the "fast break" on recruiting since they have been here, so there has been little time for evaluation of the existing team. Heck, they are still learning the names of the players.

As for judgement of Morris in his first season, if he can get this team to play hard and fast for 4 quarters and get them to stop blowing leads in the 2nd half of games, he may pick up a couple of more wins each season that we should have had the last couple of seasons.

I think the first judgement of Morris will be how the team plays for 4 full quarters. If they play hard and aggressive for entire games and still lose by 7-10 points, that will be a positive for Morris with the PTB and the fans. If they win 7-8 games, that will be another plus in the first season out of the chutes.

Right now, Chavis has to be Morris' best friend because what he can do with the defense this first season is going to make the difference between what Morris was able to do at SMU and what he will be able to accomplish at Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2018, 12:22:39 pm
I don't think our offense ever made that shift as you describe, we did open it more with Enos, but I don't think they changed their recruiting tactics or S&C philosophy.

...and now we found the 'real' problem. We switched offensive philosophies (hired Enos) but kept the same nutrition, s&c, and recruiting tactics we had for a Wisconsin type offense

CBB was really on top of things -

jgphillips3

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 12:24:56 pm
...and now we found the 'real' problem. We switched offensive philosophies (hired Enos) but kept the same nutrition, s&c, and recruiting tactics we had for a Wisconsin type offense

CBB was really on top of things -

More or less, I think that is exactly what Fan On The Hill has said, that we changed philosophies on offense but never really committed and thus accomplished neither the wide open offense nor the bruising Wisconsin offense.

hawgon

Personal accountability is a rather hollow message when it comes from someone pushin four and a half bills in weight

twistitup

I am glad we have a more professional person leading our program - I'm excited to see what CCM can do at Arkansas

Vantage 8 dude

Sounds to me like CMM is making excuses for a poor season next year. The schedule sets up for at least 6 wins at a minimum. He performs below that level and he'll be off to a bad start.
Well read into what you will. However, I honestly believe that Chad is merely giving an honest assessment of his INITIAL impressions/viewpoints based on what he's seen thus far in only a LIMITED number of practices and observations from meetings with players. At this point there's no legitimate reason to could anything in/out as far as next season's concerning. And yes, that includes the number of wins/losses.

BTW I can GUARANTEE you that some would be all over CMM if he went on and on about the boatloads of great talent already on campus. Yep, can hear it now: "Ahh, the man is just trying to blow smoke up our rears. No way we have that much talent on the Hill".

AirWarren

Here we go........

thebignasty

Quote from: AP85 on March 04, 2018, 12:46:01 pm
Here we go........

Someone ought weaponize Chad Morris using Fayetteville being nice as a recruiting tool on you.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 12:09:23 pm
Nothing debunked....CCM said it HIMSELF (when he arrived we were overweight , out of shape and slow).....he proves my argument for me. We lacked leadership in all areas - including nutrition
Im sure you are a nice guy and we could have a beer and argue till the cows come home.  So this is the last I'll say.  Every new coach coming in is a savior and every coach exiting is a bum.  New coaches typically have a completely different scheme which has different needs so I'll meet you halfway there cause Im not going to change your mind or your agenda.  I am rooting for our new coach, I like him more and more and want him to be successful.  And I am rooting for you to be right.  I just hope that the new meal plan that is so superior to the previous one is effective.  I sincerley hope our 160 lb receivers are greasy fast because if they arent, they are going to get blown up by big physical linebackers.  This is the SEC not SMU. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: presidenthog on March 03, 2018, 10:56:52 pm
We had one of the worst S&C programs and everyone here kept saying it. We all complained that guys got slower as they stayed here. It was true. This staff was taking major swipes at the last staff, and for good reason.

I posted many times that the S&C program was a fail. Got hammered by those that loved the guy. We also were not strong at the point of attack on defense or offense.

Will take a couple years but you will see better looking players this year. They are young and will adapt pretty quickly. It still takes time though.

kaiserhog

Bielemers have to fight rear guard action because I've never seen a group that got it as wrong.  The most complete group fail I've ever seen on this board. 

thebignasty

Quote from: kaiserhog on March 04, 2018, 01:27:58 pm
Bielemers have to fight rear guard action because I've never seen a group that got it as wrong.  The most complete group fail I've ever seen on this board.

You, uh, been around many coach searches here?
But they win

kaiserhog

farmhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 10:36:39 am
Is it just me or does anyone else want to suit up and run through a damn wall for that guy after listening to him?
Hell Yes! Anyone that doesn't like what this coach is doing needs to go have their head checked. He will be the best coach we have had.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: kaiserhog on March 04, 2018, 01:27:58 pm
Totally Agree with you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

twistitup

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 01:07:18 pm
  This is the SEC not SMU. 

You don't say...be sure to tell CCM  - he may not have heard that yet.

Bielemers are a trip.

Hawgboy64

Quote from: tusked on March 03, 2018, 08:47:10 pm
He's almost got me.  I'm full tilt and looking for a reason to boogie.
Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 04, 2018, 11:09:05 am
I am still on the fence....

But I am willing to watch listen and have belief!
There's room, climb on board!
It's going to be a fun ride.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

farmhawg

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 01:35:30 pm

Bielemers are a trip.
They are something.....
From theflyinghog

kaiserhog

Quote from: farmhawg on March 04, 2018, 01:46:28 pm
They are something.....
I really don't pay attention to them.  Theirs are not opinions to  give credence, but it is beyond tacky to attack a new coach trying to correct this mess.

twistitup

Quote from: farmhawg on March 04, 2018, 01:46:28 pm
They are something.....

We finally have a serious head coach that is no nonsense instead of just a babbling buffoon - I'm excited to see what happens. I'm also excited that he mentioned an improved nutrition program this soon in his tenure. If he walked into a program that already had a good nutrition program - why in the hell would he have brought it up in his press conference?

He's not part of the Twist nutrition conspiracy - he came in, saw a bad situation and now he is going to improve it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kaiserhog on March 04, 2018, 01:52:15 pm
I really don't pay attention to them.  Theirs are not opinions to  give credence, but it is beyond tacky to attack a new coach trying to correct this mess.

So I guess I have missed it, who is attacking Morris as the new HC and defending Bielema? I see a lot of folks in "wait and see" mode, but that probably has more to do with disappointment in what Bielema produced than anything else. I see folks who believe that Morris has the pedigree (Clemson OC) to produce a creative and high flying offense at Arkansas. I also see folks who rightfully say that he hasn't been a HC at a P-5 program and despite his success as an OC at Tulsa and Clemson, they are withholding any judgement. I can understand that since no one knows for certain how this will turn out. Could be another Petrino in terms of success or he may not be.

But I haven't seen anyone say that this is a bad hire because they are taking up for Bielema. 
Go Hogs Go!

thebignasty

I like Morris and think he can do well here, though he ain't going to walk on water for me because he can talk the talk.

But they win

housecat

I really liked most of the things Bielema was doing and think he is really good person.For whatever the reason the halftime adjustments were bad, really bad.I was at the Belk bowl and remember thinking.. this is the best and worst game I have ever been too.The first half was great.the second not so much.I really hope coach Morris can put it all together.Right now it all looks and sounds good,I cant wait for his final product.Im trying not to get to excited and drink the koolaid like I do every off season.

twistitup

Quote from: thebignasty on March 04, 2018, 02:08:44 pm
I like Morris and think he can do well here, though he ain't going to walk on water for me because he can talk the talk.

he won't ever walk on water in the eyes of our fanbase, but I don't believe he will embarrass us at every turn either.

#Titolife

farmhawg

Quote from: housecat on March 04, 2018, 02:42:50 pm
I really liked most of the things Bielema was doing and think he is really good person.For whatever the reason the halftime adjustments were bad, really bad.I was at the Belk bowl and remember thinking.. this is the best and worst game I have ever been too.The first half was great.the second not so much.I really hope coach Morris can put it all together.Right now it all looks and sounds good,I cant wait for his final product.Im trying not to get to excited and drink the koolaid like I do every off season.
A good person? Huh.....ok. You and others probably thought Sutton was a good person as well. Guess we all have different opinions on what good is and judge off of that.
From theflyinghog

housecat

From the outside and not personally knowing him .Yes from what I could tell he ran a clean program and his kids went to class and as far as I know he wasn't riding around on a motorcycle.The only thing I can see he did wrong is lose games.

Al Boarland

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on March 04, 2018, 10:38:40 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=654771.0

Actually what I think is strange is that some posters continue to beat a drum to a false tune just to villify the past regime.  All they did was not win enough.  They have paid for that already with their jobs and we have turned the page.  Suggesting they didnt have a good meal plan and then trying spin the coaches comments to support your previously debunked position is pretty funny. But hey welcome to hogville, where all opinions are welcome.

It's all part of building CCM up. In order to believe CCM will take the program to greatness you have to differentiate from the most recent failures. Slow is now fast. Weak is now strong. CBB did nothing right. CCM does everything right. When the next cycle occurs CCM will have done nothing right and C__ will be doing everything right.

Al Boarland

Something tells me some teams on your 6 minimum wins are actually tossups.

Snout team

I noticed the comment about how much the TE were targeted. I imagine we will see a lot of passes to the TE this year.  It is one of the deepest positions on the team.  It is one way to get the ball out of the hand of the QB quickly.  And a certain recruit whose last name starts with H will be watching closely to se how they are used.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Farmer Hogget

The biggest total group fail I've ever seen on this or any other message board is the Beliema Haters Club.  They got their way and he is gone but they still can't let go of the hate.  And every word Chad Morris says is a justification of their hate.  So they rehash that same crap over and over and over and over.  Why, I've never seen a so many people angry at flip flops in my entire life.  Some of you folks need to listen to Elsa and just let it go! 

Al Boarland

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 04, 2018, 03:30:04 pm
The biggest total group fail I've ever seen on this or any other message board is the Beliema Haters Club.  They got their way and he is gone but they still can't let go of the hate.  And every word Chad Morris says is a justification of their hate.  So they rehash that same crap over and over and over and over.  Why, I've never seen a so many people angry at flip flops in my entire life.  Some of you folks need to listen to Elsa and just let it go!

Those same posters called him a "players coach" before they were done with him. It's quite funny.

farmhawg

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 04, 2018, 03:30:04 pm
Never liked him.....you must be Jen.
From theflyinghog

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 04, 2018, 03:23:01 pm
It's all part of building CCM up. In order to believe CCM will take the program to greatness you have to differentiate from the most recent failures. Slow is now fast. Weak is now strong. CBB did nothing right. CCM does everything right. When the next cycle occurs CCM will have done nothing right and C__ will be doing everything right.
Amen brother, rinse and repeat.  Sometimes you just have to laugh at what we argue about on here.  We all want to win, go Hogs!

twistitup

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 04, 2018, 03:31:46 pm
Those same posters called him a "players coach" before they were done with him. It's quite funny.

Nothing about our old coach is funny....the Bielemers are funny,yes.

The CCM era is here and most are very thankful that we are moving on. We will now have a coach that takes his job very seriously - I don't know if this will equate to wins, but the effort level will at least be there.

Morris could have been brutally honest when that dumb question was asked of him in the presser.  The correct and smart assed answer was.  What a dumb question.  I have spent my entire waking hours working on new recruits, getting the staff in order, taking questions from Administrators, the general public, trying to reset this program, dealing with High School coaches and truthfully, my current team has seen little or nearly nothing of me or me of them.  Hell, I don't even know many of their names and without a roster, likely couldn't identify many of them by position without seeing their numbers and guessing.  I inherited an overweight, mentally marred, losing team of players and have just turned my full attention to them.  Ask me that question again in 3 weeks and I might have a sensible answer for you.  Instead Morris was polite and did a credible job of answering by not answering.  I hope he doesn't go home and beat his wife after dealing with the crap he deals with daily.

twistitup

Quote from: 12247 on March 04, 2018, 05:09:56 pm
Morris could have been brutally honest when that dumb question was asked of him in the presser.  The correct and smart assed answer was.  What a dumb question.  I have spent my entire waking hours working on new recruits, getting the staff in order, taking questions from Administrators, the general public, trying to reset this program, dealing with High School coaches and truthfully, my current team has seen little or nearly nothing of me or me of them.  Hell, I don't even know many of their names and without a roster, likely couldn't identify many of them by position without seeing their numbers and guessing.  I inherited an overweight, mentally marred, losing team of players and have just turned my full attention to them.  Ask me that question again in 3 weeks and I might have a sensible answer for you.  Instead Morris was polite and did a credible job of answering by not answering.  I hope he doesn't go home and beat his wife after dealing with the crap he deals with daily.

I'm just glad the guy settled the debate on the quality of our nutrition program. I've said we needed more focus on nutrition for the past few years and we will finally get a guy who understands the importance of the it.

Quality Fuel, Quality Practice, Quality Play

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 01:35:30 pm

Bielemers are a trip.
You seem to have a problem with CBB. You and a few others. I keep coming back to this thread to see if anything new has come out about THIS years team. But I spend wasted time wading through posts like yours and others.  Hasn't the divorce lawyer delivered the divorce settlement yet?  Can we please start talking about this years team. This staff. These Kids. 

twistitup

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 05:15:52 pm
You seem to have a problem with CBB. You and a few others. I keep coming back to this thread to see if anything new has come out about THIS years team. But I spend wasted time wading through posts like yours and others.  Hasn't the divorce lawyer delivered the divorce settlement yet?  Can we please start talking about this years team. This staff. These Kids. 

Did you miss my post about CCM improving our nutrition program because we were slow, fat, and out of shape? That's about all he knows at this point.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on March 04, 2018, 05:09:56 pm

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 04, 2018, 12:23:36 pm
I don't think that is the case at all. This staff is just now getting an opportunity to see these kids on the field and evaluate their on-field abilities. I played with a couple of guys that were absolute all stars in the weight room. They out-worked everybody and provided impressive work-outs, they were also fast running 40's. But put them on the field with everyone else in live action and their performances left a lot to be desired. My point is, the real evaluation begins now, on the field.

Once this staff has had an opportunity to evaluate everyone (and the hand that they have been dealt) they will have a better idea of what they have to work with to put together a competitive team. Let's remember that this staff has been putting the "fast break" on recruiting since they have been here, so there has been little time for evaluation of the existing team. Heck, they are still learning the names of the players.

That's a bit of an overstatement in some ways but generally speaking, I agree, as you can see above.
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

You mean like all the Bielema sunshine pumpers immediately stopped talking about Petrino?  Or, after we hired Petrino how everyone quit talking about Nutt immediately.  Yeah...you might want to come back in 2020 or after if the Bielema talk bothers you based on history. :)

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 05:27:12 pm
Did you miss my post about CCM improving our nutrition program because we were slow, fat, and out of shape? That's about all he knows at this point.
I've read most of your posts,, I know cause I have a beliemer syle headache. hate hate and more hate.  I swear the divorce lawyer will show up soon with your settlement. Time to move on? or are you still moaning over the pretty girl in second grade that laughed at you when you said she was cute.  My gosh. I wonder how many hours a day you spend going over past relationships if your this upset about a coach who is gone. 

jkstock04

This transition of the program will inevitably have Bielema in the conversation. Majority of these kids are his recruits and differences in how Bielema did something vs how Morris is doing something is going to be a topic for conversation.

This is a huge change that shouldn't be simply ignored because some may get their feelings hurt. It'll be at least a full football season before this transition is completed.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

wildhogman

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 05:33:36 pm
You mean like all the Bielema sunshine pumpers immediately stopped talking about Petrino?  Or, after we hired Petrino how everyone quit talking about Nutt immediately.  Yeah...you might want to come back in 2020 or after if the Bielema talk bothers you based on history. :)
The biggest thing I remember about petrino is people saying we would never be good again lol. How he was going to end up at a Texas or FLst or USC and win multiple championships. blah blah blah.  He went back to looserville and still hasn't had a 10 win season.  Nutt I think everyone except for the blind were ready for that end.  The lawsuit just feels like vindication for all that was said and the warnings about his character. 55 years old, do the math. I seen a lot of coaching changes. But now each one is more about trashing the previous staff then welcoming or getting to know the incoming staff.
Like I said, I was looking forward to coming on this thread and reading news of our CURRENT team and staff.  I am sure there are many others that feel the same, wanting to get any news of CURRENT events.  But please,, lets turn alllll 5 million threads to Hate former coaches starting with that obscenely obese fat slob wearing flip flops and listenting to reggae music. Because "we as hog fans" have a god given right and DUTY to proclaim to allllll message board gods that everyone must know Beliema sucks. We will make sure everyone knows HE SUCKS because we will infect everything Arkansas with Beliema hatred and pound it into and drill it into and dunk heads in to huge boiling vats of beliema hatered.  why???? because we are Arkansas fans and THAT(the hatred) is infinitely waaaaaaaaaaay more important then something as trivel as CURRENT events(team and staff)

JIHawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 10:36:39 am
Is it just me or does anyone else want to suit up and run through a damn wall for that guy after listening to him?

Careful-people said that about Nutt.  It lasted a year.

twistitup

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 05:50:49 pm
I've read most of your posts,, I know cause I have a beliemer syle headache. hate hate and more hate.  I swear the divorce lawyer will show up soon with your settlement. Time to move on? or are you still moaning over the pretty girl in second grade that laughed at you when you said she was cute.  My gosh. I wonder how many hours a day you spend going over past relationships if your this upset about a coach who is gone. 

I don't equate the Bielema era with a bad relationship...it's more like the feeling I had when I was living in Baltimore - I got robbed from behind by a guy with a gun while peeing at a urinal.

On a brighter note- I'm happy we are moving forward with a coach who takes the job at Arkansas seriously.

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 06:59:03 pm
I don't equate the Bielema deal with a bad relationship...it's more like the feeling I had when I was living in Baltimore - I got robbed from behind by a guy with a gun while peeing at a urinal.

On a brighter note- I'm happy we are moving forward with a coach who takes the job at Arkansas seriously.
And judging by how you post now on CBB, you prolly still to this day tell people that Baltimore is a great place to visit if you want to get robbed. 

twistitup

Quote from: wildhogman on March 04, 2018, 07:03:33 pm
And judging by how you post now on CBB, you prolly still to this day tell people that Baltimore is a great place to visit if you want to get robbed. 

No, but I do tell people Bielema is a great coach to hire if you want to hear a lot of bluster and nothing on the field to back it up.

...anyway, I'm super excited to have CCM steering the ship...I like my ship to be guided by a sober captain

All Aboard