Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We’ll Beat Ole Miss

Started by WilsonHog, October 22, 2017, 10:27:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Not because they are any good; Patterson would have beaten our defense by himself. With him out, that suddenly becomes a winnable game. Call it the Battle for the Cellar.

We'll beat Coastal.

I see nothing that makes me believe Mississippi State or LSU will be competitive.

We'll roll into the Friday after Thanksgiving 4-7, hoping to not be embarrassed by a bad Missouri team. I'll be there, hoping we get a win for our seniors and very thankful that this season is fast coming to a close.

TexArkHogFan

A problem with our defense, and this is not new, is our inability to wrap a player up after he appears to be stopped. I cannot count the times that we either have a missed tackle or we hit him head on and he somehow manages to gain another two or three yards, especially if he going for a first down.  I guess he wants it worse than we do.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

go hogues

Didn't he play the second half?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawginj

Coastal is the only win left. Ole miss is bad but this team doesn't have the direction to go into Oxford  and win.

Dark Helmet Hog

I wouldn't bet we'll beat anyone at this point.

The NewEra

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 10:27:12 am
Not because they are any good; Patterson would have beaten our defense by himself. With him out, that suddenly becomes a winnable game. Call it the Battle for the Cellar.

We'll beat Coastal.

I see nothing that makes me believe Mississippi State or LSU will be competitive.

We'll roll into the Friday after Thanksgiving 4-7, hoping to not be embarrassed by a bad Missouri team. I'll be there, hoping we get a win for our seniors and very thankful that this season is fast coming to a close.

I disagree for two reasons.  Ole Miss will plug someone in at quarterback that can run on us and it will be game over.  Second:  We can't win any game in only two quarters and this team has shown time and again they will fold up their tent somewhere in the third quarter.

jgphillips3

We all know we are beating Coastal.  I have believed for about three weeks we would probably beat Ole Miss mainly because they don't run the ball well and, without Patterson, that only furthers the cause.  LSU will shut us down.  MSU should beat us too without too much difficulty.  Mizzou is bad, but they can score.  Unless we blitz darn near every down and knock their QB out, I don't think we can score enough to beat them and, if we are indeed 3-8 or 4-7, how much fight will be left in this team when the inevitable adversity strikes in the second half.

Ex-Trumpet

Ole Miss will have their best game of the year against the Hogs...just like everyone else does.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

shown006

Bielema is 4-18 in SEC games away from Fayetteville.  Unlikely, he gets his 5th win this year.
WPS!

porkrindjimmy

We'll beat Coastal.

You can bet if we do win, Bret will dance and believe all is well....

And the posts of we are back baby will be out in full force...

PRJ

Redhogs

Quote from: The NewEra on October 22, 2017, 10:54:30 am
I disagree for two reasons.  Ole Miss will plug someone in at quarterback that can run on us and it will be game over.  Second:  We can't win any game in only two quarters and this team has shown time and again they will fold up their tent somewhere in the third quarter.
Isn't Bert something like 0-18 now when trailing at halftime?? Got to love those second half comebacks...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

3kgthog

We provide obscure players with their career defining days. That'll happen for the Black Bear backup on Saturday. Besides, they don't have to score a lot. Lord knows our offense won't.

King Kong

Redhogs

King Kong

Quote from: shown006 on October 22, 2017, 11:02:21 am
Bielema is 4-18 in SEC games away from Fayetteville.  Unlikely, he gets his 5th win this year.

It's all about the match up. The State of Miss has provided 2 of this 4 wins

King Kong

factchecker

Quote from: shown006 on October 22, 2017, 11:02:21 am

3 of those came in one season.

In 2015 we went into Knoxville, Oxford, and Baton Rouge and won but couldn't beat Toledo or Texas Tech at home.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FIOG

You will know the name Jordan Ta'amu after the game. He played last night and looked as good as Patterson.

tophawg19

our worst nightmare is winning 3 out of the last 5 and it's doable because of the lousy teams on our schedule .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 11:04:01 am

PRJ

FSU fan got a reaction you would love

https://mobile.twitter.com/joerondone/status/921824405075955712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcbssports.cbsi.com%2Fremote.html%3F1507685388117
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

factchecker

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 22, 2017, 11:23:25 am
our worst nightmare is winning 3 out of the last 5 and it's doable because of the lousy teams on our schedule .

Why is that our worst nightmare?

Going 5-7 isn't saving anybody's job.  Going 6-6 isn't saving Bielema's job either.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TrueBlue

Ole Miss Black Rebel Bear Sharks will beat us with a backup QB going away. You guys forget about our QB and o-line situation. OM has a really good d-line. We will be sacked at least 8 times and the OM players will be doing that "fin symbol" on their head each time as well.

Black Rebel Bear Sharks from the Land - 31
Razor-Bertz - 6

1highhog

We'll beat Coastal.

I am not at all counting Ole Miss as a win,   The only win I can see us maybe getting for the rest of the season is Coastal Carolina and I'm not 100% sure on that.

Polecat

Missouri will absolutely murder this defense
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

factchecker

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 11:23:50 am
FSU fan got a reaction you would love

https://mobile.twitter.com/joerondone/status/921824405075955712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcbssports.cbsi.com%2Fremote.html%3F1507685388117

That's funny.  Jimbo escalated that confrontation pretty quick simply because someone yelled "New Coaches".
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TrueBlue

Quote from: Polecat on October 22, 2017, 11:26:47 am
Missouri will absolutely murder this defense

MIzzou will be the proverbial nail in the coffin for CBB. They will hang at least 56 points on us. And after they do, Bret will not be able to pack fast enough to leave town.

DemiHOG

I quit predicting wins for the hogs, I hate it but I think it's over for the year.

HoggyCat

Quote from: King Kong on October 22, 2017, 11:17:11 am
At 5-7 we go to a bowl

Not as far down in the SEC academic progress as we are.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Redhogs

Quote from: King Kong on October 22, 2017, 11:19:44 am
Yes, we will. The team has good grades
Oh goody, you may be right...another toilet bowl bowl....that we don't deserve...no thanks.

Redhogs

Quote from: factchecker on October 22, 2017, 11:25:46 am
Why is that our worst nightmare?

Going 5-7 isn't saving anybody's job.  Going 6-6 isn't saving Bielema's job either.
Jeffie says different.  ;) ;)

HotlantaHog

I think Hogs could well win 4 of the last 5, maybe 3 of 5.

The schedule is A LOT easier in the remainder of the season.

EastexHawg

Quote from: The NewEra on October 22, 2017, 10:54:30 am

This one is interesting, only because the only teams Bielema can beat are those without quarterbacks.  I know the freshman made a nice scramble or two against LSU last night, but he/that was a novelty.  A QB who can't execute in the passing game is really no QB at all.  He's just another running back who throws the ball when a pass is called for by down and distance.

If there hadn't been so many terrible QBs in the SEC the last five years Bielema's awful conference record would be even worse than it is.

Hogs-n-Roses

;)

We'll beat Coastal.

Would you bet the farm ;)

Gladstonesmoans

I wonder how many hog fans will go to Oxford.

Al Boarland

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 12:15:18 pm
This one is interesting, only because the only teams Bielema can beat are those without quarterbacks.  I know the freshman made a nice scramble or two against LSU last night, but he/that was a novelty.  A QB who can't execute in the passing game is really no QB at all.  He's just another running back who throws the ball when a pass is called for by down and distance.

If there hadn't been so many terrible QBs in the SEC the last five years Bielema's awful conference record would be even worse than it is.

So, are you saying CBB is going to put AA back in?

Redhogs

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 11:04:01 am

PRJ
All will be well. In their world this is but a hiccup. The donations are still coming in, 71 plus thousand paid attendance last nite, Academics,academics,academics, large projects are being fulfilled, Bot is issuing new contract to Long....Come on Jimmy get with the new program, buy one of the remaining boxes, up your donation and keep coming up there and partying and having a good time like the 80 people left in the stands last nite were doing.

go hogues

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 22, 2017, 11:51:19 am
Not as far down in the SEC academic progress as we are.
This will be the ultimate ironic situation if we do win 5 games. Jeff/program constantly tout our academics without having to really prove it. If we win 5 and our gpa still keeps us out, it will be major egg on their face.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

arlhog

I don't see how anyone can say we will be anybody unless we make some serious changes.

thebignasty

I have  no faith we can win any of the games not against Coastal Carolina that are left.

Afraid that if the team gets down enough that we could screw around and lose that too.

rude1

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 12:15:18 pm

Didn't aTm bring a true freshman backup to Dallas who wasn't much of a passer, yet left there looking like a star along with the win?

ricepig

IronHog

We'll beat Coastal.

OM backup is pretty athletic

I say Hogs lose out except CC.......that's a toss up.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Bacons Rebellion

Arkansas State beat Coastal Carolina 51-17.
Western Illinois beat Coastal Carolina 52-10

They are 1-6 with a win over Massachusetts, who is also 1-6.

I makes quite a statement, however, that I went and checked.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: FIOG on October 22, 2017, 11:23:10 am
You will know the name Jordan Ta'amu after the game. He played last night and looked as good as Patterson.

Yeah, haven't seen him play, but he's a dual threat guy; that will be enough to beat Arkansas at Ole Miss.  Especially, if AA is not fully recovered.

jgphillips3

The South Carolina game was the most critical of the season.  This is #2.  When South Carolina, a very average team, blew our doors off, it was obvious how poor of a job CBB is doing.  This is the decisive game of the CBB era.  The one team left on our schedule that isn't an offensive or defensive juggernaut and has flaws in the coaching staff almost as bad as ours.  If we lose this one, 0-8 will become a reality and it will be CBB's dethknell.

King Kong

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 22, 2017, 03:23:28 pm
The South Carolina game was the most critical of the season.  This is #2.  When South Carolina, a very average team, blew our doors off, it was obvious how poor of a job CBB is doing.  This is the decisive game of the CBB era.  The one team left on our schedule that isn't an offensive or defensive juggernaut and has flaws in the coaching staff almost as bad as ours.  If we lose this one, 0-8 will become a reality and it will be CBB's dethknell.

Agreed

EastexHawg

Quote from: FIOG on October 22, 2017, 11:23:10 am

He's nowhere close to Patterson.  That's why he didn't throw a single pass this season until last night.  Now he has thrown 11.  Our defense is terrible, but is it getting lit up by an almost totally inexperienced freshman QB who is going to be one dimensional terrible?

Plus...Ole Miss has a porous defense of their own.  Put up 21 points against them and it's probably a win.

I'm not predicting an Arkansas win, just saying if there is going to be an SEC win this game is by far the best opportunity to date.  Patterson's injury is a huge break for Bielema.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 22, 2017, 11:16:45 am
We provide obscure players with their career defining days. That'll happen for the Black Bear backup on Saturday. Besides, they don't have to score a lot. Lord knows our offense won't.
AND we likely won't have a lot of film on their QB which means adjusting on the fly which likely will be a disaster.