Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema On Talented Freshmen: "I'm Not Going to Sit Them."

Started by Mike Irwin, August 12, 2017, 09:39:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 15, 2017, 02:35:51 pm
If a guy has Sunday potential, you do not redshirt him.  The only possible exception being offensive linemen who need more time to develop.  If you redshirt a guy who can play on Sunday, you are running a big risk of only getting two years out of him ala Darius Philon.

Philon was injured his true freshmen year. Him having to redshirt his freshmen year is essentially the reason we were able to have him in the first place as his injury was a key reason in Bama signing somebody else and asking him to greyshirt.

Secondly, speaking of Sunday potential, recall that he wasn't used very much his redshirt freshmen season either until the back half of the year. His main obstacle to playing time was Robert Thomas being ahead of him. The same Robert Thomas who has been in the NFL for one more season than Philon and was the favorite to be one of the starters at DT for the NY Giants.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 12, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
Good cause it time to WIN NOW!

Bobby Boucher was a True Freshman. Albeit a 33yr old true freshman...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.