Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone needs fired

Started by draftkings33, August 12, 2017, 08:18:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Quote from: factchecker on August 13, 2017, 03:18:01 pm
1. The extra point against Bama was blocked.  We didn't miss a field goal against Bama.  Alabama's kicker (Adam Griffith) missed a 30 yard field goal in the 2nd quarter.

2. Chipshot does not = 44 yard field goal.  We missed a 44 yard field goal against AnM in the 4th quarter.

3. Both goalposts in the NFL and NCAA are both 18 feet - 6 inches wide.

http://www.stack.com/a/the-dimensions-of-a-football-field

"Arkansas had a pair of kicking miscues in the first half, a high snap that halted a 43-yard field goal attempt and a blocked extra point by Jonathan Allen."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400548365
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

factchecker

Quote from: Jim Harris on August 14, 2017, 02:38:28 pm
"Arkansas had a pair of kicking miscues in the first half, a high snap that halted a 43-yard field goal attempt and a blocked extra point by Jonathan Allen."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400548365

Yep...... still not a missed field goal - at least not in the sense I replied to.  The snap being bobbled and downed or blocked does not fall on the kicker.  It's not the kicker's fault if the ball is snapped high and then downed.  I don't know how anyone blames the kicker if his foot didn't even touch the ball.

The field goal "kick" in question is at 26:24 and the blocked kick (extra point) is at 1:01:35

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jim Harris

Quote from: factchecker on August 14, 2017, 02:49:03 pm
Yep...... still not a missed field goal - at least not in the sense I replied to.  The snap being bobbled and downed or blocked does not fall on the kicker.  It's not the kicker's fault if the ball is snapped high and then downed.  I don't know how anyone blames the kicker if his foot didn't even touch the ball.

The field goal "kick" in question is at 26:24 and the blocked kick (extra point) is at 1:01:35

Right. I was just trying to get the facts out there from the game story. A lot of people seem to remember that as a missed field goal try, but it was a botch on the special teams with the hold. Best way to maybe say this is that special teams cost four points. Not so special.
This whole thread is kinda dumb for thinking the coaches missed the boat not using Erwin-Hill for field goals three years ago. No doubt Henson was not prime-time ready for A&M or Alabama but that's way past now.
If anyone botched it with kickers, it's HDN not having a scholarship available for Dan Bailey when he came to try out, so he goes and makes All-American at Stillwater.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson