Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net CFB Pick'em

Started by WilsonHog, July 24, 2017, 01:58:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Hogville.net will once again do a weekly college football pick 'em in 2017. All you need to do to participate is go to the top of MMQB, click on the "Football" button under Quick Links, and proceed.

I will sticky a post on MMQB each week to announce the results from the previous week and the opening of the pick 'em for the upcoming week. 

Here are the general rules: 

(1) The first week of games will start on Thursday, August 31st. Games for that week will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

(2) The pick 'em for each week will be opened no later than Sunday evening, which will allow me time to return from Fayetteville on home game weekends. Standings will also be updated no later than each Sunday evening. The exception to this rule will be the first week of the season, which will include games on Sunday and Labor Day. Deadline to submit picks will be 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays, unless earlier games require an earlier date (i.e., Thanksgiving). If that is the case, posters will be notified by sticky on MMQB.

(3) There will be 15 games per week. I may select those games from Division I-A, Division I-AA, and small college. Most games will involve BCS schools, but I reserve the right to pick at least one non-BCS game every week. Preferences will be given to SEC games and to rivalries. Arkansas games may be included, unless we're playing directional schools (i.e., we ain't gonna pick Arkansas vs. Florida A&M). I spend about an hour each week selecting the games to be picked; my goal is to pick games you'll have to put some thought into. If that means I need to throw Harvard and Yale in there, so be it.       

(4) The winner will be determined by the total number of games picked correctly over the course of the entire season, which will end conference championship weekend. I also anticipate putting together a separate Hogville.net Bowl Pick 'em this year. More on that later.   

(5) Winner-take-all.

If anyone has any questions, please either post them in this thread or PM me and I will be glad to help.

The summer doldrums are almost over!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Thank you very much WilsonHog.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

panhandlepig

It's happening.  Summer will grind to a halt and we will have Football!  I'm all in. Go Hogs.

hogcard1964

When will the first week be posted?

sowmonella

$1,000 to the winner again this year?😜
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WilsonHog

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 02, 2017, 08:29:02 pm
Perhaps this weekend.

Awsome!!!

Any chance week one has a few more games thrown in there?

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 03, 2017, 07:44:32 am
Awsome!!!

Any chance week one has a few more games thrown in there?

No. Same number as all other weeks. I'm OCD that way.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 03, 2017, 08:44:11 pm
No. Same number as all other weeks. I'm OCD that way.

Fine regardless.

Looking forward to this season!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig Power

Wilson,
When will wk 1 be available? I've got that college football itch after watching terrible NFL preseason games last night...

HOGfaninLA

HUNGLOWHOG

looking forward for some pick'ems !!!

Pig Power

RagingHawgOn

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pig Power on August 14, 2017, 10:33:12 am
Gosh.. Tough week for CSU

Seems like it's a tough week for SEC teams.  How many are on the road?

Headhog32

Headhog32

never mind I assume just bragging rights lol

ricepig

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 17, 2017, 11:42:15 am
what does the winner get?

Last year's winner got a free year's subscription to Hogville!

Headhog32

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2017, 11:54:01 am
Last year's winner got a free year's subscription to Hogville!
LOL

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Pig Power on August 14, 2017, 10:33:12 am
Gosh.. Tough week for CSU

No wonder they've started using "2-0" as their new catchphrase.  Do they do this concurrently or consecutively?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hogcard1964

Florida-Michigan?

Does Michigan curb stomp them?

hog.goblin

HF#1

Colorado State playing two teams. Impressive.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on August 21, 2017, 12:54:07 pm
Colorado State playing two teams. Impressive.

They play in what's considered "week 0" against Oregon St. on August 26th and then they play at Colorado in the official week 1.