Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a great day it has been.both Monk and K.Allen lost

Started by forrest city joe, March 26, 2017, 06:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Razorback fan first and foremost. Mike Anderson happens to be the Head Hog and after the way that they bounced back from what was looking like an NIT bid type of season to the screw job they took in the UNC game Mike Anderson got my respect. He did a great coaching job and showed some fire and grit in the NCAAT. I'm actually excited about next season and hopeful for a Sweet 16 run as well as knocking UK off their perch. I hated to see UNC win, but was glad that Calapari was sent packing.

Monk is and will continue to be a traitor to his state in my mind. His whole recruiting was a sham and his brother was at the helm of that ship when it sailed to the enemy. Had he proclaimed Kentucky or bust at the onset of his recruiting then I think that Razorback Nation may have felt slighted, but he would have left with some dignity and ultimately been forgiven for his defection. Allen, on the other hand, was not recruited like Monk was and that is on Mike Anderson. Wish they would have gone after him hard and heavy, but I have no ill will towards the kid. Although, I can't stand the Gators and for that reason alone I was very happy to see them lose to SCAR in the Elite 8.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

JayBell

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 27, 2017, 10:47:14 amThere's more bull darn in that post than in an actual bull...

Then, again, tell me where the vitriol is for Curry, Reaves and Leon.  Where's the vitriol for Payton Willis?  Not all of them were recruited hard by Arkansas, but they could have waited for Anderson to woo them.

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 27, 2017, 10:54:30 amLet me say this about Allen. I have no real issues with him. Leaving the stat is fine if you do it in a reasonably classy way. Monk is garbage.

Monk is garbage?  Because of a quasi-throat slash?  That hand motion means "it's over."  If you've ever seen the Undertaker in WWE, he does a throat slash.

How many times has Monk been arrested?  How often does he talk trash about Arkansas?  How much did he show up Arkansas when they played?

You can make up all these imagined slights if you want to, but Monk represents our state well.  He's well-spoken, mild-mannered and damn good at the sport of basketball.  You're delusional if you think he's some kind of thug or something.

JayBell

And for the record, still every single insight I've ever seen into Monk's decision indicated Marcus pushed him to Kentucky.  The way he was so off against Cabot last year when fans were chanting Woo Pig Sooiee and his slow start against Arkansas makes me think even more than he was very conflicted in his decision.

I have no problem with you cheering against Monk and Allen because they play for other SEC teams.  But cheering against them because they didn't go to Arkansas is childish.

Brandon72

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 10:29:32 am
Ok, fine, but what about after every other Hogs loss this year when we had threads here about how the refs beat the Hogs. Even after the curb stompings in Stillwater and Lexington there were people making threads about how it was the refs that beat the Hogs. It gets old, and it is lame, to blame the refs for every loss. That goes for any fan base, not just the Hogs.

+ 1

phadedhawg

I don't want kids who choose another school over Arkansas to know a moments success but that's not why I'm so pleased that UK lost yesterday. 

Kentucky's way of doing business just creates chaos and I'm glad to see that system proven to be deficient for another year.  Any time Kentucky wins, it's a loss for the rest of college basketball. 

I have no problems with Florida.  They are a great program and do things the right way.  OneAndDone University is a cancer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: JayBell on March 27, 2017, 11:12:20 am
Then, again, tell me where the vitriol is for Curry, Reaves and Leon.  Where's the vitriol for Payton Willis?  Not all of them were recruited hard by Arkansas, but they could have waited for Anderson to woo them.

Monk is garbage?  Because of a quasi-throat slash?  That hand motion means "it's over."  If you've ever seen the Undertaker in WWE, he does a throat slash.

How many times has Monk been arrested?  How often does he talk trash about Arkansas?  How much did he show up Arkansas when they played?

You can make up all these imagined slights if you want to, but Monk represents our state well.  He's well-spoken, mild-mannered and damn good at the sport of basketball.  You're delusional if you think he's some kind of thug or something.

Monk is garbage, not at basketball, at life.  He screwed this state over. There's a reason why none of those other kids deserve vitriol. They never led us on, never used razorback fans, and we're never dishonest.  If you think it's cool that they moved to bentonville, for Marcus a job on the staff, made money off of the fact that he was a hometown hero, all while knowing they would take the slimy route to Cal and U.K., that's your issue not mine. Those guys are scum. The fact that you'll make excuses for a guy because he's a decent basketball player says a lot. Screw monk. I'd not shed a tear if he never played another game of basketball.  I wish all the rest of those in state kids well because they didn't screw the state over.

JayBell

Quote from: SemperFi on March 27, 2017, 11:07:20 amMonk is and will continue to be a traitor to his state in my mind.

I agree with most of the rest of what you said, but this line of thinking has always been absurd to me.  The Razorback sports programs and the state of Arkansas are not the same entity.  Not playing for the Razorbacks has nothing to do with loyalty for the state.  There's huge chunks of the population in NEA and across the southern part of the state who could care less if someone plays for the Razorbacks.

On top of that, we only reserve this judgment for top football and basketball players.  Nobody bats an eye if a baseball player or a gymnast or top swimmer goes anywhere else.

Singling out a handful of teenagers who choose not to be Razorbacks is a dumb practice.  It always has been and it always will be.

Scott7703

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 27, 2017, 11:17:02 am
I don't want kids who choose another school over Arkansas to know a moments success but that's not why I'm so pleased that UK lost yesterday. 

Kentucky's way of doing business just creates chaos and I'm glad to see that system proven to be deficient for another year.  Any time Kentucky wins, it's a loss for the rest of college basketball. 

I have no problems with Florida.  They are a great program and do things the right way.  OneAndDone University is a cancer.

So you would rather a team, UNC, with a proven cheating background to keep players eligible win than one that recruits players that are sometimes capable of going to the NBA after one season? Also remember, the one and done rule is a NBA rule, otherwise a player like Monk would just try to NBA right out of high school.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:28:59 am
So you would rather a team, UNC, with a proven cheating background to keep players eligible win than one that recruits players that are sometimes capable of going to the NBA after one season? Also remember, the one and done rule is a NBA rule, otherwise a player like Monk would just try to NBA right out of high school.

I still can't believe that UNC has been able to keep these type of comments out of the headlines when they are on thes runs.  Also how they've kept the NCAA at bay

hogsanity

Quote from: XavierZane on March 27, 2017, 10:39:52 am
What about every victory?  And during every game, even the ones that don't involve the Razorbacks?  People complain about the refs all the time, because they are relentlessly bad.  The notion that there is only complaint after losses is as false as the notion that only the Arkansas fan base was pointing out the ref errors after the UNC game. 

The defense of the refs all the time and those who complain about other people's complaints are just as tiring and old.

Ok, so when the Hogs win, is it because the refs screwed over the other team? I mean if every loss is because they did over the Hogs, then every win must be because they did that to the opponent.

No one here seemed to think the refs were bad when the Hogs beat old miss in the sect, when the Hogs shot double digit more ft's than old miss. When old miss, leading the nation in ft's made per game at the time, got far fewer ft's than they usually do, and when AR was called for far fewer fouls than they were called for on average per game.

I am not, and have never, defended every call refs make, but the notion that they are crooked, or have it in for certain teams, or are there to support certain teams is absurd.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:28:59 am

I don't share a conference with UNC.  While I have no love for them I don't have to deal with them as often.  Though the NCAA sure does seem to want to put them in our path lately.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2017, 11:32:38 am
I still can't believe that UNC has been able to keep these type of comments out of the headlines when they are on thes runs.  Also how they've kept the NCAA at bay

No idea how the NCAA has not ruled on this yet. As for keeping it out of the headlines, I truly do not think most people care. My guess is a majority of people think this type of thing goes on in some form at just about every institution that plays one sport or another at a high level ( not saying it does, I am saying a majority of people, when asked, would say they think it does ). They would rather gripe about a player playing one year somewhere and then going to the NBA draft or over seas mainly out of jealousy. Either jealous that some 19 yr old is making more money than they are, or jealous because the team they support can not get players like that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: JayBell on March 27, 2017, 11:22:09 am
I agree with most of the rest of what you said, but this line of thinking has always been absurd to me.  The Razorback sports programs and the state of Arkansas are not the same entity.  Not playing for the Razorbacks has nothing to do with loyalty for the state.  There's huge chunks of the population in NEA and across the southern part of the state who could care less if someone plays for the Razorbacks.

On top of that, we only reserve this judgment for top football and basketball players.  Nobody bats an eye if a baseball player or a gymnast or top swimmer goes anywhere else.

Singling out a handful of teenagers who choose not to be Razorbacks is a dumb practice.  It always has been and it always will be.

There's really only one that's gotten much vitriol, which seems to be a fact you like to ignore. It's not about what monk did it's about HOW they did it. They used the state and the program to make money even after the point they decided to go to KY for the money.  What they pulled was bull darn.  Keep making excuses for it if you want but they're the only people catching hell, and rightfully so.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:33:58 am
Ok, so when the Hogs win, is it because the refs screwed over the other team? I mean if every loss is because they did over the Hogs, then every win must be because they did that to the opponent.

No one here seemed to think the refs were bad when the Hogs beat old miss in the sect, when the Hogs shot double digit more ft's than old miss. When old miss, leading the nation in ft's made per game at the time, got far fewer ft's than they usually do, and when AR was called for far fewer fouls than they were called for on average per game.

I am not, and have never, defended every call refs make, but the notion that they are crooked, or have it in for certain teams, or are there to support certain teams is absurd.

Oh look.  More ref boner posts!

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 27, 2017, 11:53:23 am
Oh look.  More ref boner posts!

Oh look, another person who can't answer a question so they go all 12 yr old 5th grade level.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:57:23 am
Oh look, another person who can't answer a question so they go all 12 yr old 5th grade level.

It's just crazy how many threads you show up in to defend refs.  I've never seen anything like it.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 27, 2017, 12:02:59 pm
It's just crazy how many threads you show up in to defend refs.  I've never seen anything like it.

Any more crazy than how many threads get made about the refs? And you still won't answer the questions I asked.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 12:05:06 pm
Any more crazy than how many threads get made about the refs? And you still won't answer the questions I asked.

I'll answer the only question in the post i quoted. No.  Easy peasy. And yes, it's way more crazy than people being pissed about refs.

Kevin

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 11:37:15 am
No idea how the NCAA has not ruled on this yet. As for keeping it out of the headlines, I truly do not think most people care. My guess is a majority of people think this type of thing goes on in some form at just about every institution that plays one sport or another at a high level ( not saying it does, I am saying a majority of people, when asked, would say they think it does ). They would rather gripe about a player playing one year somewhere and then going to the NBA draft or over seas mainly out of jealousy. Either jealous that some 19 yr old is making more money than they are, or jealous because the team they support can not get players like that.

it is unc, that is why they have not ruled
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Next1_04

Monks thought here: "It's Ok, ill be a millionaire in about 3 months."

hogsanity

Quote from: Next1_04 on March 27, 2017, 02:46:25 pm
Monks thought here: "It's Ok, ill be a millionaire in about 3 months."

Heck probably got his first advance from his agent today, right after he dropped all his classes.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Youngsta71701

Sad part is, if both of them would have come to Arkansas we could have done what they done or maybe more. I think the both of them underestimated what could have been on the Hill.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

40MINSOFHELL

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 27, 2017, 03:12:54 pm
Sad part is, if both of them would have come to Arkansas we could have done what they done or maybe more. I think the both of them underestimated what could have been on the Hill.

Allen could have been a huge asset.  I am not so sure about Monk.  IMO

HogAllMighty

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 06:53:58 pm
And i love it. i am one who admits that i do not wish them well.they turn their backs on Mike Anderson,and the razorback program.screw them. i am glad both KY and FL lost.and glad that neither Monk or Allen will get a chance to play in the final 4.WPS---------------------GO HOGS.

Great indeed.

Biggus Piggus

Malik Monk would have been better off playing at Arkansas instead of Kentucky. At Arkansas, Monk would not have been turned into a shoot-only sideshow. Mike Anderson would have made Monk share the basketball, rebound, play defense, and give maximum effort on both ends for fewer minutes per game.

Monk led Kentucky in minutes played. Was that a good strategy? Since March 1, Monk made 29% of his 3-point shots and 40% of his 2-point attempts. Calipari did not have Monk ready to play in March. Monk played 34 minutes per game in Kentucky's last 20 games. It was obvious that Monk was trying to save energy on the defensive end, to handle his scoring burden, but even that failed.

Despite increased minutes, Monk's shots per game dropped 27% in March. Calipari burned out his freshman. Calipari fed Monk opportunities and made him the team's most frequent shooter, but Monk couldn't even average 20 ppg. Diminishing returns.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 28, 2017, 09:06:06 am
Malik Monk would have been better off playing at Arkansas instead of Kentucky. At Arkansas, Monk would not have been turned into a shoot-only sideshow. Mike Anderson would have made Monk share the basketball, rebound, play defense, and give maximum effort on both ends for fewer minutes per game.

Monk led Kentucky in minutes played. Was that a good strategy? Since March 1, Monk made 29% of his 3-point shots and 40% of his 2-point attempts. Calipari did not have Monk ready to play in March. Monk played 34 minutes per game in Kentucky's last 20 games. It was obvious that Monk was trying to save energy on the defensive end, to handle his scoring burden, but even that failed.

Despite increased minutes, Monk's shots per game dropped 27% in March. Calipari burned out his freshman. Calipari fed Monk opportunities and made him the team's most frequent shooter, but Monk couldn't even average 20 ppg. Diminishing returns.

He went to KY partially because he didn't want to round out his game. He thought he was NBA ready out of high school. That was a mistake on his and Cal's part and likely cost him some money. Cal didn't make him the player he could have been.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 06:53:58 pm
And i love it. i am one who admits that i do not wish them well.they turn their backs on Mike Anderson,and the razorback program.screw them. i am glad both KY and FL lost.and glad that neither Monk or Allen will get a chance to play in the final 4.WPS---------------------GO HOGS.
Joe, you are something else :). While I did want the both of them to go to Arkansas I do wish them well. Just not in Arkansas. I wish no ill will on anyone. Monk stay in Kentucky and Allen stay in Florida. We're all Hog here baby. Go Hog, go anywhere else in the state or get gone. #BeArkansas #WooPig!! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

At Arkansas, Monk would not have been turned into a shoot-only sideshow. Mike Anderson would have made Monk share the basketball, rebound, play defense, and give maximum effort on both ends for fewer minutes per game.

You are assuming Malik wanted to do that.......

Biggus Piggus

I don't believe these one-and-done kids understand that what Calipari has done at the best of times cannot necessarily be duplicated.

The 38-1 team had two really good freshmen in the starting lineup, but it also had five sophomores and juniors who gave the team structure. The 38-2 team that won the national championship was primarily three freshmen and three upperclassmen.

This season, Kentucky's upperclassmen were not remarkable players at all, other than maybe Derek Willis (who benefited a ton from the defensive attention everybody else drew). If Calipari doesn't develop enough upperclassmen into solid players, Kentucky can't plug in freshmen and expect to contend for a national title.

Calipari's first one-and-done team went 35-3 with DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall and Eric Bledsoe. You can't even begin to argue that going one-and-done at Kentucky was good for the careers of Cousins and Bledsoe. Wall was not far from going pro out of high school, and he would have been taken No. 1 overall if he'd gone to school at NJIT. Going to Kentucky helped reinforce his career-long poor outside shooting, which has been a blemish on his NBA performance.

I'm not sure how many people realize that four of Calipari's eight Kentucky teams lost 5-6 games in SEC play. They are in a pattern of doing this every other season. Will another big scoop of 5-star freshmen save UK from an ordinary season?

Their backcourt will consist of

Jr Isaiah Briscoe (6-3) - Had a really up-and-down sophomore season.
Fr Hamidou Diallo (6-5) - Enrolled at mid-term and redshirted, 5-star wing.
Fr Quade Green (6-1) - 5-star point guard.
Fr Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (6-5) - 4-star two guard.

Calipari's stretching it even thinner. No way they compete for a title next season. They might not even be able to compete for the SEC crown.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 28, 2017, 09:43:01 am
Calipari's stretching it even thinner. No way they compete for a title next season. They might not even be able to compete for the SEC crown.
If that happens, Kentucky may open an investigation on themselves!

Hogist

Another great post. I wish hogville had a feature, like Facebook, that allowed you to move posts by certain users to the top to avoid wading through the garbage. At the same time, I wish we could completely block those trolls that seem to want to do nothing but argue. You know who I'm talking about.

Jackrabbit Hog

I don't think it's a given that Briscoe comes back.  He's a projected second rounder, and hey, if you stay more than two years at UK you are obviously a failure..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 28, 2017, 09:54:38 am
I don't think it's a given that Briscoe comes back.  He's a projected second rounder, and hey, if you stay more than two years at UK you are obviously a failure..

Goodness. If he leaves too, they're in serious trouble.
[CENSORED]!

userpick

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 07:35:33 pm
I don't hate either.i don't like either. i just don't wish either well. i hope they both fail.

You haven't traveled down too many high roads in your day it sounds like.

azhog10

Quote from: JayBell on March 27, 2017, 11:12:20 am

Says the person who wanted to fire a coach for something that never happened based off a fake report from some random person at the SECT game.

20gauge

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 28, 2017, 09:43:01 am
I don't believe these one-and-done kids understand that what Calipari has done at the best of times cannot necessarily be duplicated.

The 38-1 team had two really good freshmen in the starting lineup, but it also had five sophomores and juniors who gave the team structure. The 38-2 team that won the national championship was primarily three freshmen and three upperclassmen.

This season, Kentucky's upperclassmen were not remarkable players at all, other than maybe Derek Willis (who benefited a ton from the defensive attention everybody else drew). If Calipari doesn't develop enough upperclassmen into solid players, Kentucky can't plug in freshmen and expect to contend for a national title.

Calipari's first one-and-done team went 35-3 with DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall and Eric Bledsoe. You can't even begin to argue that going one-and-done at Kentucky was good for the careers of Cousins and Bledsoe. Wall was not far from going pro out of high school, and he would have been taken No. 1 overall if he'd gone to school at NJIT. Going to Kentucky helped reinforce his career-long poor outside shooting, which has been a blemish on his NBA performance.

I'm not sure how many people realize that four of Calipari's eight Kentucky teams lost 5-6 games in SEC play. They are in a pattern of doing this every other season. Will another big scoop of 5-star freshmen save UK from an ordinary season?

Their backcourt will consist of

Jr Isaiah Briscoe (6-3) - Had a really up-and-down sophomore season.
Fr Hamidou Diallo (6-5) - Enrolled at mid-term and redshirted, 5-star wing.
Fr Quade Green (6-1) - 5-star point guard.
Fr Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (6-5) - 4-star two guard.

I don't know if going to KY helps anyone be a better NBA player. I think players are what they are and depends on how they develop once they hit the league. But Cousins has been and all-star a couple of years hasn't he along with being a top 5-10 big man in the league, plus hes a max player now. Several experts also say Sacramento didn't get near what he was worth in the trade to New Orleans. His main hang up is that he is a head case. So I don't think being a one and done has hurt Cousins. Haven't heard anything on Bledsoe

But being one and done is no guarantee of being a star. Id like to see a percentage of one and dones that have become serviceable players in the NBA. On a roster, getting good minutes and helping a team out. Compared to washed out basically, bench rider types.

JayBell

Quote from: azhog10 on March 28, 2017, 10:59:03 amSays the person who wanted to fire a coach for something that never happened based off a fake report from some random person at the SECT game.

We're just fabricating insults now?  That's what we're doing?  I never wanted anyone fired.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 27, 2017, 10:54:30 am
Let me say this about Allen. I have no real issues with him. Leaving the stat is fine if you do it in a reasonably classy way. Monk is garbage.

This 100%.

Allen said "I do not wish to play here." and that was that.

He didn't use the goodwill of the university to benefit himself and his family and then flip us the bird on his way out.

Monk played in exactly 2 more games than the Razorbacks did. It's HILARIOUS to me. All that work of making sure he pissed off everyone for an elite 8 loss.

The OTR

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 07:31:09 pm
Love me some Frank Martin. he was one of the coaches defending Mike when you fire Mike people were coming after him. that's why i have been pulling for him and the Gamecocks this entire NCAAT. glad they made the final 4.Frank is one of Mike's best friends.and he stood up and told folks what a great coach Mike was when some was calling for his head.Monk is a throat slashing punk. i am so glad he lost.GO HOGS.

Joe on behalf of all the good folks on Hogville I want to say thank you for your leadership and friendly back and forth with all of us this year.  You are the best of the best in my opinion and many others' as well.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 28, 2017, 08:47:43 pm
Joe on behalf of all the good folks on Hogville I want to say thank you for your leadership and friendly back and forth with all of us this year.  You are the best of the best in my opinion and many others' as well.

and that is why ranking our fans 4th was too low.

hogsanity

Quote from: JayBell on March 28, 2017, 11:59:51 am
We're just fabricating insults now?  That's what we're doing?  I never wanted anyone fired.

Yes, because the only reason a few people come here is to defend Mike, so when nothing is actually said about Mike they have to make up stuff. Just like asking if SC will be as good next year as they are this year is somehow worthy of someone saying " yep, it's already started " like asking that question was some slap at Mike.

PharmacistHog

My God what is wrong with you people? You let a WWE Undertaker reference slip by with no comment?  Simply inexcusable.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

JayBell

Quote from: hogsanity on March 29, 2017, 08:30:06 amYes, because the only reason a few people come here is to defend Mike, so when nothing is actually said about Mike they have to make up stuff. Just like asking if SC will be as good next year as they are this year is somehow worthy of someone saying " yep, it's already started " like asking that question was some slap at Mike.

I don't get it.  It's really bizarre.  Mike shouldn't need defending.  Most of us never wavered this season in saying he needed to make the tournament.  He did and he's going to be here for at least 2-3 more years.

I've been over the intentionally contentious divisiveness for a long time now.

JayBell

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 29, 2017, 08:52:45 amMy God what is wrong with you people? You let a WWE Undertaker reference slip by with no comment?  Simply inexcusable.

RIGHT?  I don't understand Hogville anymore.  Too many posters are too blinded by narratives and agendas to have any fun these days.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 29, 2017, 08:52:45 am
My God what is wrong with you people? You let a WWE Undertaker reference slip by with no comment?  Simply inexcusable.

Sorry, but once I saw this stupidity I just blacked out:

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on March 28, 2017, 08:47:43 pm

hogsanity

Quote from: JayBell on March 29, 2017, 08:54:43 am
I don't get it.  It's really bizarre.  Mike shouldn't need defending.  Most of us never wavered this season in saying he needed to make the tournament.  He did and he's going to be here for at least 2-3 more years.

I've been over the intentionally contentious divisiveness for a long time now.

They are just like the group that could not stop posting about HDN, some to this day a decade after he last coached a game here. Or the group that can't stop bringing up BP, 6 years after he last coached here. IT is really all they know how to do, and are incapable of having a discussion without bringing their pet topic into it at some point.