Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did LSU Target Kobi?

Started by hogron, November 24, 2012, 12:15:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogron

Was it just me or did it appear that every time Kobi was tackled that LSU was hitting him at the Knees?

hogron

hawgball9401

hogron

Redhogs

LSU..dirtiest team in college football. Play like absolute thugs.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

LSPRazorbac

No, cobi is 6'2 or 6'3 210 lbs and has the abilityto break tackles.

Its normal for players in the secondary to go low on tackles on big hard running receivers.

Nothing dirty about it.

Its football guys, not synchronized swimming.

sickboy

I didn't notice it being a huge problem. Now, the tackle where Hamilton hurt his ankle, the guy dived right at his legs helmet first. Though, with Hamilton's size and speed, I'm not sure that he meant to hurt Cobi.

carolinahogger

He is 35 pounds heavier than some of those DB's and has good upper body strength.  They can't tackle him high.

Break & Run

They didn't target Cobi.  For the love of God, football is a VIOLENT sport.  Geez.  IT HAPPENS.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Quote from: carolinahogger on November 24, 2012, 12:35:20 pm
He is 35 pounds heavier than some of those DB's and has good upper body strength.  They can't tackle him high.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

tophawg19

when you go across the middle you get hammered . not many recievers are willing to do it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

razorbackcpa

This is absolutely preposterous. No one from Louisiana has ever been been accused of targeting other players, EVER.

Oh wait...

FANONTHEHILL

Our d-backs tackle high. That's why you see them being dragged downfield 90% of the time.
Its just football. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

BrianWPS!!

Please stop making Arkansas the freaking victim people. Dog on there defense but there's not one that wouldn't trade ours for theirs. Were such bitchers about everything.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: razorbackcpa on November 24, 2012, 12:47:25 pm
This is absolutely preposterous. No one from Louisiana has ever been been accused of targeting other players, EVER.

Oh wait...
lol
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

wildcat101

Quote from: hogron on November 24, 2012, 12:15:13 pm
Was it just me or did it appear that every time Kobi was tackled that LSU was hitting him at the Knees?

hogron

That's the proper way to tackle a defenseless WR, according to the NFL.   Better to learn now than pay a fine later.

CR7

4 years and many broken records later...

Still don't know how to spell his name.

Hog fans suck.

hogron

Quote from: CR7 on November 24, 2012, 04:19:06 pm
4 years and many broken records later...

Still don't know how to spell his name.

Hog fans suck.

Post #4 I corrected myself.  And who are you? Do you suck as well or do you not belong here?

hogron

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: hogron on November 24, 2012, 04:26:22 pm
Post #4 I corrected myself.  And who are you? Do you suck as well or do you not belong here?

hogron

A soccer fan?

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 24, 2012, 04:44:39 pm
A soccer fan?

A soccer "player" apparently.
But fact is all hog fans do suck. We're extremely ignorant, we all wear rose colored glasses, and we all seem to live under a rock most of the year. But you know what, tell me how that is different from anyother sec team and I'll call you a liar. I'll gripe at our fans but I know that I'm Definetily one of them. Proud as hell too

Pig In The City

Quote from: hogron on November 24, 2012, 04:26:22 pm

hogron

I will be glad to show him the door.

Pig In The City

Quote from: hogron on November 24, 2012, 12:15:13 pm

hogron

No, that was just our OC or QB continuing to go to the same well too often.  There is more to football than a crossing route.

hogron

Quote from: HogFanDallas on November 24, 2012, 04:51:18 pm
No, that was just our OC or QB continuing to go to the same well too often.  There is more to football than a crossing route.
It wasn't the crossing routes that got my attention, it was the out routes and the one where Cobi was injured.

hogron

MRPRFCT

I don't know. but did every opponent target Taylor Williams, our QB?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

SwazyHog

Quote from: Redhogs on November 24, 2012, 12:26:36 pm
LSU..dirtiest team in college football. Play like absolute thugs.
I wish our players played like those "thugs"
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: hogron on November 24, 2012, 05:04:26 pm
It wasn't the crossing routes that got my attention, it was the out routes and the one where Cobi was injured.

hogron

The fact that it is a crossing route or a out route doesn't change the fact that Cobi is bigger and stronger than most defensive backs.

they were good tackles nothing dirty about them.

twistitup

Quote from: MRPRFCT on November 24, 2012, 05:05:47 pm

?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TanTanFeil

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 24, 2012, 01:02:38 pm
Please stop making Arkansas the freaking victim people. Dog on there defense but there's not one that wouldn't trade ours for theirs. Were such bitchers about everything.

Agreed

TanTanFeil

Quote from: MRPRFCT on November 24, 2012, 05:05:47 pm

This. Ha!

PORKULATOR

The only dirty thing they did on D was tackle around the head. Second tackler to arrive wold tackle the head often. Usually, you'll get penalized for that about half the time, but they got away with a lot of crap.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LZH

Quote from: wildcat101 on November 24, 2012, 01:25:41 pm

That's the proper way to tackle a defenseless WR, according to the NFL.   Better to learn now than pay a fine later.

This.

56Hog

"And a free Sonic Corn Dog with relish for every low tackle on Cobi."
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

TheRealRazorback

Quote from: 56Hog on November 25, 2012, 04:12:10 pm

"And a free Sonic Corn Dog with relish for every low tackle on Cobi."

This locker room looks like complete junk from 1970s, the ceiling tiles are all stained and falling out, lockers are old and faded paint total crap job. How do they impress recruits with this??

Jeffcphog

Quote from: TheRealRazorback on November 26, 2012, 07:34:52 am
This locker room looks like complete junk from 1970s, the ceiling tiles are all stained and falling out, lockers are old and faded paint total crap job. How do they impress recruits with this??

They don't.  This is the visiting team locker room.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Jeffcphog on November 26, 2012, 07:39:47 am
They don't.  This is the visiting team locker room.

Must be at WMS bc thats Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson.

The Kid

It was the same one-yard crossing route into coverage that got Gragg injured.

And just like Gragg, TW had radar lock on Cobi and threw it into a well-covered part of the zone.

I grimaced when I saw both of those plays.
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 24, 2012, 01:02:38 pm

Aren't you part of the problem? Bitching about those that bitch?

bp