Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeweler facing 'tens of thousands' in refunds after Iron Bowl shutout

Started by jbcarol, November 27, 2012, 07:30:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/11/gardendale_jeweler_facing_tens.html

A Gardendale jeweler who offered full refunds if the Iron Bowl ended with a shutout told CBS 42 he estimates that he will owe "tens of thousands of dollars" as a result.

More than 300 customers of Jeff Dennis Jewelers who bought items between Nov. 16-23 are eligible to receive full refunds and keep their purchases.

"I didn't care who won the game, I just wanted one of them to get shutout," Jeff Dennis told CBS 42.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

scottagee

Oh he did it right. Jeff is a friend of mine. He bought insurance much like car dealers buy when they offer a car for a hole in one at a golf tournament. Over half the people that came in for refunds yesterday bought something else with some of the refund. My wife and daughter both bought several Pandora charms on black Friday. They are going to get their refunds today and will spend some of it there. I had told them there was a great chance Auburn would get shut out.

jbcarol

Quote from: scottagee on November 27, 2012, 08:40:23 am
Oh he did it right. Jeff is a friend of mine. He bought insurance much like car dealers buy when they offer a car for a hole in one at a golf tournament. Over half the people that came in for refunds yesterday bought something else with some of the refund. My wife and daughter both bought several Pandora charms on black Friday. They are going to get their refunds today and will spend some of it there. I had told them there was a great chance Auburn would get shut out.

He sure did. Thanks for the update.

Who's not doing it right is the actuary who supported Auburn not being shut out by Bama in this game.

scottagee

Quote from: jbcarol on November 27, 2012, 08:43:30 am
He sure did. Thanks for the update.

Who's not doing it right is the actuary who supported Auburn not being shut out by Bama in this game.

That's a fact. I knew AU had a really good chance to get shutout.

jbcarol