Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Chase 2015

Started by Buff, August 15, 2015, 07:16:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Yes, its time to start discussing. Nascar has announced a rules change for all Chase races and apparently its not either of the 2 packages that have been predominantly used this season.

Racinray

And this surprises who.........

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on August 15, 2015, 07:34:43 am
And this surprises who.........

It's like they're not even trying to be transparent any more.

Buff

Kenny Wallace talking about early favorites

HERMAN: "I see that he's a favorite and I'll tell you why. He hasn't started his mind games yet. He's been real mellow. Once he starts being a hard ass, he'll get into people's heads. He hasn't even used his bumper yet. Once he starts that and using that cage fighting mentality, it's gonna be a different game. He hasn't used his psychology and his mouth yet and once he does it'll be pretty fun to watch." 

Racinray

Does anyone have anything for the JGR cars?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on September 13, 2015, 09:39:44 am
Does anyone have anything for the JGR cars?

It sure doesn't look like it.  I got destroyed in Fantasy again this week.  It sucks that 3 of the 4 Gibbs cars are A drivers in Fantasy, they're going to take up 3 of the top 5 spots every week it seems.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

If Harvick can finish Top 3 every race then possibly.  At this point though, I'm trying to remember if any organization has ever finished 1,2,3 in Championship standings in a year.

Racinray

How does the raceteam of Clint Bowyer get excited about the Chase knowing they are without a job when it's over? Maybe they look at it as auditioning for next year, I don't know, but to me it would be very difficult.

ImHogginIt

Jimmy seemed confident in his post race interview. Talked about how the tracks throughout the Summer have never been his specialty and how lots of chase tracks were to his liking.

riccoar

who is this package going to play too?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on September 18, 2015, 02:20:13 pm

I think it might bring Hendrick cars and Harvick back towards the Gibbs cars and Penske cars.  It seems that the latter two kind of distanced themselves when they started getting in to the high downforce, low downforce, and non-aero tracks.  Earlier in the year at the plate tracks and the mid-distance tracks Harvick and the Hendrick cars led a lot of laps and won a lot of races.

Flying Razorback

And to note, the last time we saw this package on track was Charlotte.  The Gibbs summer run started the week after that when we went to Dover and then all the package changes.  Edwards won that Charlotte race, but not because he was fast, because he backed it down and won on fuel mileage.

Racinray

Quote from: Flying Razorback on September 18, 2015, 04:59:58 pm
And to note, the last time we saw this package on track was Charlotte.  The Gibbs summer run started the week after that when we went to Dover and then all the package changes.  Edwards won that Charlotte race, but not because he was fast, because he backed it down and won on fuel mileage.
A fuel milage race in NASCAR, no way. ;D

Warbirdhog

berryhog

Quote from: riccoar on September 18, 2015, 02:20:13 pm

I'm not sure team-wise who it favors, but you can bet Harvick is gonna be in the mix no matter what they run.  Unbelievable the number of races he's had a legitimate chance to win this year.

ImHogginIt

I swear everytime I select Blaney as my B driver it rains. Come on Allgaier  :'(