Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THIS IS NEVER GONNA END!!!

Started by Redhogs, September 25, 2012, 11:19:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hedgehog79

Quote from: Redhogs on September 25, 2012, 11:19:52 am
And so it continues...http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Arkansas-coach-says-team-can-still-reach-bowl-60223310
When the gaffe was pointed out moments later, Smith responded: ''I did? Where would that come from? I've never even heard of Alabama.''

proof that he had a stand in at the bama game.......

tankfan

texas tush hog

Breems

This gaffe was one of the most over-analyzed/overemphasized/overblown events in Arkansas history.  It's embarrassing to see our fans panicking over it.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

EastexHawg

We can reach a bowl?  Really?  A bowl?

YIPPEE!!!  A BOWL!!! 

You mean as in the Little Caesar's Bowl or the Grand Ole Opry Banjo Bowl, where teams like Western Michigan and Wake Forest go to play against similarly scintillating opponents?

Hot damn, who says things are all that bad?  We may go to a bowl!  They like us, they really, really like us!

sickboy

Quote from: Breems on September 25, 2012, 11:35:31 am
This gaffe was one of the most over-analyzed/overemphasized/overblown events in Arkansas history.  It's embarrassing to see our fans panicking over it.

Yeah, I kinda agree. The guy's a goofy old man, who's had so much on his plate between the death of his brother, his financial strain, us losing, the fans wanting blood...it was a Freudian slip, an unfortunate one, but it's hardly indicative of anything we don't already know about the man. He probably came to Arkansas to win a few games as our figurehead by watching Paul Petrino and Paul Haynes call the shots, heck probably to get away from his troubles...now he's just in worse shape.

I feel sorry for the guy. He's literally in a worse than lose-lose situation and I just hope he makes it out of the state emotionally intact. He's got more important things to worry about than football.

The Great Hogsby

What the hell is he supposed to say? Would it have better if he answered, "Bowl game? No way we're making a bowl game."?

He's trying to keep the team together the best he can, he's just not that good at it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Rockpig5

Breems, you are correct.  However, looking at the big picture no one is over-reacting.  It is just more proof that he has no idea what planet he is on, or how to run this football program.  By itself, yes it's overblown but it's not.

EastexHawg

Quote from: The Great Hogsby on September 25, 2012, 12:01:59 pm
What the hell is he supposed to say? Would it have better if he answered, "Bowl game? No way we're making a bowl game."?

He's trying to keep the team together the best he can, he's just not that good at it.

It's not what he says, it is what has been DONE to our football program.  It couldn't have been dismantled any faster with a wrecking ball and a bus full of ammonium nitrate.

bwbcpa

Thank you! If we were 3-1 instead of 1-3, this would have disappeared as quickly as the laughter died.