Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.22 Ammo Hoarding

Started by Boarslab, August 17, 2013, 08:38:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarslab

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 07, 2017, 11:52:36 pm
Went to Cabelas over the weekend.  Thousands upon thousands of 22s there.  At least 7 or 8 different brands taking up multiple shelves with quite a few signs saying there are NO limits on 22s.
Local Walmart still no go---someone must have not gotten the memo around here.

DeltaBoy

My Walmart started keeping Winchester 100 round packs in stock since May this year other brands are still hit and miss. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

we finally got them in here in Camden
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DeltaBoy

It been a slow process for Wal-Mart!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Walmart been better here lately!

DeltaBoy

Bulk Ammo is still too high.

kodiakisland

The price is the new normal.

Lots of ammo everywhere I look, but I find it hard to get standard velocity stuff unless you pay for match ammo. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

grayhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 02:15:16 pm
Bulk Ammo is still too high.
JMHO but I believe that this mess was designed to raise prices

Hogs run wild

there's a guy around me, see my previous post/pic that sells CCI SV ammo for less than $8 per 100. that's almost what it was before the hoarding.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: grayhawg on October 13, 2017, 08:02:18 am

When you want nearly 30 bucks for Remington Thunderturds it too high for sure. 

Boarslab

Quote from: grayhawg on October 13, 2017, 08:02:18 am
I think you are right.

DeltaBoy

hogginbama

Quote from: Boarslab on October 22, 2017, 06:44:58 pm
I think you are right.

Same way they do the "hot toys" for every Christmas season. They put a toy out, drop some fake articles about supplies being limited and suddenly everyone must have one of the blasted things. This year it was the "Fingerling Monkey" series, last year the Hatchimal. Someone in the ammo arena got smart, followed this marketing approach and it worked.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

DeltaBoy

I believe the drought is over .  It fun to watch some of those greedy SOB who were clearing out Walmart every week and now they can't sell them for the prices they were 2 years ago.   One Hard Head didn't sell a single brick at the last Gun show.