Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita?

Started by hogville38, April 15, 2015, 05:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

Is he going to sign or is he backing out? It seems some cold feet to me. We really need him with BP and Qualls gone. Hope i'm being paranoid.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

onebadrubi

I want to say I read from an RD report that he was waiting till his father figure in the states returned home from some trip as he wanted him there when he signed. 

poloprince

You are paranoid, it will happen by next week. No backout.   :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogville38 on April 15, 2015, 05:42:06 pm
Is he going to sign or is he backing out? It seems some cold feet to me. We really need him with BP and Qualls gone. Hope i'm being paranoid.

It seems like cold feet to wait for your family (Host)? Quit being stupid

This basketball not football. It's not uncommon for kids to wait a couple of days

jry04

Quote from: poloprince on April 15, 2015, 05:53:24 pm
You are paranoid, it will happen by next week. No backout.   :razorback:
Is this a different source than the one telling you we are going to be top 10 next year, and Allen had already signed before today? If not, then I am worried.

Danny J

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 15, 2015, 05:44:25 pm
I want to say I read from an RD report that he was waiting till his father figure in the states returned home from some trip as he wanted him there when he signed.
That is what I heard on the radio as well.

ricepig

Quote from: Danny J on April 15, 2015, 06:19:26 pm
That is what I heard on the radio as well.

His host family's father is actually in NWA visiting his daughter, he'll sign when the gentleman gets back home.

Three and Snout

His offer paperwork was just completed yesterday, so it probably went out in the mail yesterday or today.

Big Nasty 34

The real question with TK is when will he be 100% healthy. That's the biggest concern. Right now, I don't see him contributing much more than Thompson did.

Danny J

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 15, 2015, 07:25:48 pm
The real question with TK is when will he be 100% healthy. That's the biggest concern. Right now, I don't see him contributing much more than Thompson did.
You may be right....he will definitely have a long uphill battle to be in the kind of shape he needs to play not only college basketball but our style. I would imagine he will be brought along slowly as the year winds on. Now Whitt will be ready from day one.

hogville38

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 15, 2015, 06:05:15 pm
It seems like cold feet to wait for your family (Host)? Quit being stupid

This basketball not football. It's not uncommon for kids to wait a couple of days
Listen up buddy, you don't have to be a jackwagon about it. I'm being concerned not stupid. So do me a favor and try to act like you have some manners.

Wild Bill Hog

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 15, 2015, 07:25:48 pm
I agree health is a great concern but also I am hearing he might have trouble meeting NCAA requirements.  Don't know what the deal is there.

Boarcephus

DD had an article in the paper about him today and showed a picture of him.  Man, this kid looks like the type of player that Billy Donovan never seems to run out of at UF.  Just an absolute looking beast of a man. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Etowah

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 15, 2015, 10:53:23 pm
I agree health is a great concern but also I am hearing he might have trouble meeting NCAA requirements.  Don't know what the deal is there.

Seems like eligibility issues and injury issues caused many schools to back off on his recruitment.  The kid can definitely play....at this point it will be a plus if he is on campus and is in uniform contributing in two years. 

-Blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 15, 2015, 10:53:23 pm

Where are you getting that from?  His coach his been quoted as saying his grades and everything is good to go.  He's been quoted as saying he's healthy now.  He just played a couple weeks ago, not many minutes though, because he's on a stacked team and hasn't been in the rotation.  Not sure where the NCAA requirement rumors started, but we know with this staff they aren't going to waste time on guys that aren't going to qualify.  Everything I've heard is everything is good to go and he's ready to sign just wants his host family to be there with him when he does it, I mean who wouldn't want their family with them as they are probably committing to the biggest decision they've ever mad thus far in their life.

Hawg Red

I do trust that he's qualified or will. I don't think the staff would take the risk on someone like that signing.

What I'm more concerned with is his health. I'm saw him play in that tournament a couple of weeks ago, and he did not look good. Obviously rusty, but he's going to really have to bust his tail to get back into basketball shape AND get prepared to play our style of ball. He's behind the eight ball right now. And I worry that this might be a reoccurring thing.

If the injury is gone and he can get into suitable condition for the "Fastest 40 minutes," I have no other concerns with him. A bit raw but great physique and athleticism.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on April 16, 2015, 10:54:44 am
Not sure where the NCAA requirement rumors started, but we know with this staff they aren't going to waste time on guys that aren't going to qualify. 

Aside from Desmond Lee, Tony Mitchell, and Keith DeWitt, of course.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 16, 2015, 10:58:57 am
I do trust that he's qualified or will. I don't think the staff would take the risk on someone like that signing.

What I'm more concerned with is his health. I'm saw him play in that tournament a couple of weeks ago, and he did not look good. Obviously rusty, but he's going to really have to bust his tail to get back into basketball shape AND get prepared to play our style of ball. He's behind the eight ball right now. And I worry that this might be a reoccurring thing.

If the injury is gone and he can get into suitable condition for the "Fastest 40 minutes," I have no other concerns with him. A bit raw but great physique and athleticism.

He's playing in the West Virginia All-Star game on May 1st.  We'll see if he looks a little bit better then.

hoglady

Quote from: -Blu on April 16, 2015, 02:58:41 pm
He's playing in the West Virginia All-Star game on May 1st.  We'll see if he looks a little bit better then.

I wonder if that will be televised?
I watched him play in that televised high school game and it was really hard to tell whether he was just rusty from not playing all year or not 100% healthy yet. Gotta be hard to just step in and take off where you were after sitting all year due to injury.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

-Blu

Quote from: hoglady on April 16, 2015, 03:40:18 pm
I wonder if that will be televised?
I watched him play in that televised high school game and it was really hard to tell whether he was just rusty from not playing all year or not 100% healthy yet. Gotta be hard to just step in and take off where you were after sitting all year due to injury.

I doubt it's televised, may see some highlights from it though.  All I really want to see is him moving fluidly and see a little bit of his offense. 

lefty08

Those rumors started on a Mizzou message board shortly after his commitment to the hogs, at least that's the first I heard of it. I considered it sour grapes then and I still do now
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hawgmasta

He will obviously be a little behind because of the injury and little playing time but he's a man out there. I'm not too worried about him being brought along, the guy was what a top 40 player?  I've often thought about if CMA could try and recruit more highly ranked basketball players from Africa. With Ted and Moses we will have two players from there and it would seem easier to recruit a guy and let him be hosted by another guy from the same area and similar background. Would be great for our program; plus Shittu coming along nicely.

mizzouman

It will be very interesting to see how he develops over the summer.  From what I'm hearing, the guy is about as raw as they come BUT his upside is about as high as it gets.

Coaching will be key with him.  If he gets his fundamentals down over the summer, he will be a force.  But, if it's all just run and gun summer league type ball, it might be a while before we see his full potential.

This summer is KEY.

Hawg Red

I think the summer is more key for him to get healthy and back in basketball shape.

hoglady

What kind of hip injury did he have and what's the prognosis?
Just don't really hear of many hip injuries in basketball.
Everything I've read just refers to a hip injury but no details.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Hawg Red

Quote from: hoglady on April 17, 2015, 07:57:25 am
What kind of hip injury did he have and what's the prognosis?
Just don't really hear of many hip injuries in basketball.
Everything I've read just refers to a hip injury but no details.

All I know is it was an injury to his sciatic nerve. No clue on if it's a thing of the past or could be re-occurring. I would think the staff feels comfortable it's a thing of the past.

Biggus Piggus

No, Kapita is academically eligible. No, Kapita does not have cold feet. No. No. No.
[CENSORED]!

hoglady

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2015, 08:02:21 am
All I know is it was an injury to his sciatic nerve. No clue on if it's a thing of the past or could be re-occurring. I would think the staff feels comfortable it's a thing of the past.

Thanks.

jackflash

I think Kapita is the key to this year recruiting. If he is good to go, he will take Harris place in the lineup. Being 6-9 will help the Hogs. If they could add Frazier or Outlaw I think this would be a good recruiting year. I think next year is Mike year to shine in recruiting

mizzouman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2015, 07:53:24 am
I think the summer is more key for him to get healthy and back in basketball shape.
That's part of what I'm saying.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2015, 08:02:21 am
That is an injury you can fully heal from. How long depends on his body, and how he rehabs. He shouldn't have any issues going forward once healthy, though.

Big Nasty 34

Kapita will not be next year's Harris.  Maybe Miles could be that guy, Kapita won't be ready for that.

hawgmasta

Quote from: jry04 on April 17, 2015, 02:25:14 pm
That is an injury you can fully heal from. How long depends on his body, and how he rehabs. He shouldn't have any issues going forward once healthy, though.

Let's remember he is an eighteen year old athlete. That's probably the best type of human body to recover from an injury except for a small child.

Danny J

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 17, 2015, 04:38:06 pm
Kapita will not be next year's Harris.  Maybe Miles could be that guy, Kapita won't be ready for that.
Correct....IF 100% healthy I bet he MAY play 12 minutes per game...maybe. He is not going to be even close to being in the kind of shape it will take to be on the court for more minutes in our system. He will be about where Moses was his freshman year. I don't think he will play even that many minutes. He is a guy I could see as being one of those guys his Sophomore year that blows away peoples expectations once he is in shape for our style.

The_Bionic_Pig

You have to keep in mind Huntington Prep this year has enough talent to probably  compete in the SEC West.  LOADED!! 

He is no-where near basketball shape but i look for a progression of improvement in these games.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Danny J on April 17, 2015, 08:27:17 pm
Correct....IF 100% healthy I bet he MAY play 12 minutes per game...maybe. He is not going to be even close to being in the kind of shape it will take to be on the court for more minutes in our system. He will be about where Moses was his freshman year. I don't think he will play even that many minutes. He is a guy I could see as being one of those guys his Sophomore year that blows away peoples expectations once he is in shape for our style.
Disclosure: I know nothing about Kapita, except that he was a Top 40 recruit. Since he was, I expect much more than 10 minutes a game. I expect a solid frosh year, if healthy. I agree with above poster that he is the key to the 2015-16 season. We MUST have production from him to replace some of the inside losses of Portis and Harris. He simply must come through, along with Kingsley taking a big step forward, because he's going to get plenty of minutes this year.

Kapita/Kingsley. They gotta bring it.

Big Nasty 34

I think Kapita will get a few minutes per game, but not a ton. I see kingsley and williams starting with Thompson and Miles subbing in. Kapita would be the 5th guy until proven that he's healthy and able to play.

Danny J

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 17, 2015, 11:24:32 pm
Disclosure: I know nothing about Kapita, except that he was a Top 40 recruit. Since he was, I expect much more than 10 minutes a game. I expect a solid frosh year, if healthy. I agree with above poster that he is the key to the 2015-16 season. We MUST have production from him to replace some of the inside losses of Portis and Harris. He simply must come through, along with Kingsley taking a big step forward, because he's going to get plenty of minutes this year.

Kapita/Kingsley. They gotta bring it.
You have to remember he sat out this past season and has only started to play the last game and this next one. So he definitely has the talent to get on the court but he needs to get back into the flow of playing a lot of minutes. That is why I think it will be his sophomore year before he is really ready to contribute. He is a stud though. He looks like he has been in a college weight room for 4 years.

rzrbackramsfan

If he can rebound I'm sure he'll minutes.  Judging on his build, I'm thinking he can rebound.

reddogjcss

Being announced that he picked Ark!
Said Coach A will announce Wed

ricepig

Quote from: reddogjcss on April 21, 2015, 05:18:07 pm
Being announced that he picked Ark!
Said Coach A will announce Wed

He picked Arkansas, months ago, lol.....

reddogjcss

Ricard Davenport said it will be announced he signed Wed.

hawgmasta

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 18, 2015, 08:23:40 am
If he can rebound I'm sure he'll minutes.  Judging on his build, I'm thinking he can rebound.

That's for sure. Someone mentioned before his shoulders and arms look like a young Dwight Howard; I guess that's a good person to be compared to.

ricepig

Huntingon, W.V., Prep forward Ted Kapita (6-9, 240) will sign his letter-of-intent with Arkansas on Thursday during an event at his school.

Hogg_Phan

Has it happened yet?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hawg Red

He's official.

We just need him to shake the rust off and get in shape. Gonna take all summer with how long he's been sidelined with that hip. If he can get on the court, he'll be a factor. Physically (health aside), he's ready.

Paul