Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will commit and sign?

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 18, 2017, 09:04:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Obviously we've lost some guys, but we also had some guys visit. It looks like Fulwider will flip to us and Crawford will sign with OU. Who else are we even going after???
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Bubba's Bruisers

Not sure what's going on with Mason.  Did the Alexander kid visit? 

Frankly, there aren't many names out there right now.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RockyMtnHog

The class will be very average.  No big flips are on the horizon.  We cannot expect miracles with the new staff only being on the job for two weeks.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RideTillIDieHawg

Vin Ascolese have any eligibility left?

Pumbaa

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 18, 2017, 09:16:09 pm
The class will be very average.  No big flips are on the horizon.  We cannot expect miracles with the new staff only being on the job for two weeks.

Which is okay because I believe the right hire was more important than the quick hire (for recruiting purposes). As of today (time will tell) I believe it was the right hire. This is thought to be a small class anyways and I feel as if there is enough talent on the Hill now to be at least bowl eligible next season. This recruiting class won't make or break us and we are adding some nice pieces and some who I feel are a little under the radar guys. But again, time will tell and no need to get our panties in a wad if this staff hasn't flipped any big time names this go around. Look for 2019 to be much more exciting in the Hog recruiting world.

Snout team

I agree as long as the DC is worth the wait.  If we get a very mediocre hire as DC then going into the signing date with no D staff doesn't compute.

If we get a big time DC and staff we could easily pick up some solid flips on that side of the ball
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 18, 2017, 10:03:32 pm
If we get a big time DC and staff we could easily pick up some solid flips on that side of the ball

... and that could come as early as the February signing date with a few big flips.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ChopSooie

Tim Harris

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 18, 2017, 09:38:42 pm

Is he bringing Kane Whitehurst with him?

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Tim Harris

Quote from: scorekeeper on December 19, 2017, 09:57:03 am
Can they also bring Big Tex?

I like it.  Morris really should check out Hogville as we could put together a pretty good recruiting class for him.

davril98

imtad16

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 19, 2017, 09:23:42 am
Fulwider has seemed interested for the longest, and seems the new coaching staff made a big impression, as well as the visit overall. UNC seemed out of nowhere, but makes sense for PT and closer to home. However, Fedora may not be there in a few years. Morris will get his fair shake of time here. Can always use a 6'7 DE, so hopefully we flip him if he decides to sign tomorrow.

Jones looks like he's waiting, so that's a major plus. Banks not sure on. They both have some good offers on the table, and we still need lineman. Really hope to hold on to them.

It's been extremely quiet on Mincey. Haven't heard him comment on new staff, if they've been in contact or his plans on signing early or not.

Pool, Noland, Nichols, Ferrell, Woods have all said they were signing tomorrow. One would figure Bishop is, and possibly Gatlin but haven't seen that as 100%. Not sure on Robinson.

I just looked at Noah Banks's Twitter account to see if he has said anything and there is a tweet from 12/14 that says he will sign Wednesday. His account still says Arkansas commit, but his Twitter pic is now a close up of him wearing a Longhorns helmet. I don't know what any of it means. I think he can help us immediately so I would like to see him sign with us, but not super confident.

imtad16

The Instagram account of the training facility Noah Banks will be announcing at has an Instagram post that says he will sign with either Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, or Texas.

farmhawg

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 18, 2017, 10:03:32 pm
I agree as long as the DC is worth the wait.  If we get a very mediocre hire as DC then going into the signing date with no D staff doesn't compute.

Would not matter during this time. Maybe for February but not enough time to gain commits.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

FraggleHog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 19, 2017, 09:23:42 am
Fulwider has seemed interested for the longest, and seems the new coaching staff made a big impression, as well as the visit overall. UNC seemed out of nowhere, but makes sense for PT and closer to home. However, Fedora may not be there in a few years. Morris will get his fair shake of time here. Can always use a 6'7 DE, so hopefully we flip him if he decides to sign tomorrow.

Jones looks like he's waiting, so that's a major plus. Banks not sure on. They both have some good offers on the table, and we still need lineman. Really hope to hold on to them.

It's been extremely quiet on Mincey. Haven't heard him comment on new staff, if they've been in contact or his plans on signing early or not.

Pool, Noland, Nichols, Ferrell, Woods have all said they were signing tomorrow. One would figure Bishop is, and possibly Gatlin but haven't seen that as 100%. Not sure on Robinson.

FWIW... Richard Davenport just said he likes Arkansas' chances of flipping Fulwider to Arkansas on Wednesday...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

imtad16

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 19, 2017, 10:35:08 am
FWIW... Richard Davenport just said he likes Arkansas' chances of flipping Fulwider to Arkansas on Wednesday...

That would be nice. You don't often get a chance to sign guys with his size and athleticism. If we can flip Fulwider and Mason, that would be a little confidence boost moving into the February signing period.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on December 19, 2017, 10:41:59 am
That would be nice. You don't often get a chance to sign guys with his size and athleticism. If we can flip Fulwider and Mason, that would be a little confidence boost moving into the February signing period.

Haven't heard much on Mason since visit. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on December 19, 2017, 10:10:59 am
I just looked at Noah Banks's Twitter account to see if he has said anything and there is a tweet from 12/14 that says he will sign Wednesday. His account still says Arkansas commit, but his Twitter pic is now a close up of him wearing a Longhorns helmet. I don't know what any of it means. I think he can help us immediately so I would like to see him sign with us, but not super confident.

I wouldn't expect good news.

imtad16

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 10:48:09 am
Haven't heard much on Mason since visit. 

Mason has become a pretty important target. Signing him would off set the loss of Flanagan. Mason has a pretty decent list of offers. Plus, a pipeline to Josh Floyd at Hewitt-Trussville would be a nice to establish. You are right though radio silence on his end. Do we know if he is signing tomorrow?

CallThoseHawgs

Mason and Crawford are both sticking with their commitments to their original teams and signing tomorrow, along with the Moore twin committed to A&M. That's coming from 247.

imtad16

I believe you on Mason sticking with commitment, but where are you seeing it exactly. I'm not seeing that on 247. Is it on the 247 board?

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: imtad16 on December 19, 2017, 01:25:13 pm
I believe you on Mason sticking with commitment, but where are you seeing it exactly. I'm not seeing that on 247. Is it on the 247 board?
Yes. https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Board/59413/Contents/Mondays-Dawg-Biscuits-112412802
It's pay, so I can't get into the specifics of what it says but he is sticking with Miss State.

imtad16

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 19, 2017, 01:42:16 pm
Yes. https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Board/59413/Contents/Mondays-Dawg-Biscuits-112412802
It’s pay, so I can’t get into the specifics of what it says but he is sticking with Miss State.

I read an article yesterday from RD that said Craddock and Mason had only known each other since last Thursday. So, I guess it was a tough task to flip him in less than a week. I was hoping they could at least postpone the signing until Feb to build the relationship more.

Oklahawg

Fulwider is a possibility. Banks is signing with Florida. Crawford signing with OU. One of the Moore's signing with A&M, but the other is still looking around.

Mincey remains a UA commit, and proudly sported his hog gear at the state CG last weekend, but will sign in February. This is good - he needs to be comfortable with the new defensive staff.

That is about how we should have anticipated it working out, although I do get that the enthusiasm over Morris (and from Morris himself) suggesting we might pick up a couple beyond the two we flipped from SMU.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

VBMark

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 18, 2017, 09:38:42 pm

Wayback Machine rises and spits out NJ Vinny.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

LumberBacks

LumberBacks

Baylor's 2 highest ranking commitments ... Bohanon and Hanspard.  smh.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 19, 2017, 01:42:16 pm
It's pay, so I can't get into the specifics of what it says but he is sticking with Miss State.
The MSU guys may have jumped the gun. New stuff coming out saying Mason is going to wait til Feb. to sign, I think that's good for us.

hawginbigd1

Well our early period is going to be, meh, I know this much it's a dang good thing we got Bishop and Ferrell.

imtad16

Still alive on Mason.

Go get him coach Craddock.

imtad16

Hogblog