Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

W--------------------HOO--------------What a big road win.Hogs are in the Dance

Started by forrest city joe, February 24, 2018, 07:31:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

No way in hell anyone can keep the Hogs out of the NCAAT.this game today took away any excuse.congrats to our players and coaches for getting a great road win.won the biggest game of the season.you better realize just how big a win this is.Mike Anderson did a hell of a job coaching this team tonight.Alabama was a big Fav in this game at home. and the hogs went in and beat them.C.J.Jones.Trey Tompson.Dustin Thomas and A.Bailey,all helped win this game.I LOVE IT!GO HOGS.

jst01

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hog Fan from Camden

threeNout

we really looked good when 2, 20 and 23 were in the game together, athletic energy to spare.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

ArkansasI

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 24, 2018, 07:31:17 pm
No way in hell anyone can keep the Hogs out of the NCAAT.this game today took away any excuse.congrats to our players and coaches for getting a great road win.won the biggest game of the season.you better realize just how big a win this is.Mike Anderson did a hell of a job coaching this team tonight.Alabama was a big Fav in this game at home. and the hogs went in and beat them.C.J.Jones.Trey Tompson.Dustin Thomas and A.Bailey,all helped win this game.I LOVE IT!GO HOGS.

Crow away FCJ...you deserve too!  Not only did the Hogs and Mike win but they beat a damn cheater on top of it

SoIndianaHog

Biggest plus about tonight was Coach Anderson's game plan. Defense was great tonight and I believe it's because he went away from the press and played more zone. Tough for any coach to change to what needs to be done and not what he wants to play. Think he deserves a ton of credit for his plan tonight. Still confused about sub patterns sometimes, but  he believes in his bench and they delivered tonight. Love me some Hogs and love the way Coach Anderson led the way tonight!

razorpimp

Quote from: ArkansasI on February 24, 2018, 07:35:45 pm
It was ugly at times, but great job this evening. Go Hogs!

It was not ugly!  It was grind it out, hard nosed ball that Alabama wasn't ready for.  They were ready for up and down, then Mike flipped the script

hawgmasta

ShadowHawg

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 07:38:18 pm
It was not ugly!  It was grind it out, hard nosed ball that Alabama wasn't ready for.  They were ready for up and down, then Mike flipped the script

It was beautiful

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: SoIndianaHog on February 24, 2018, 07:38:01 pm
Biggest plus about tonight was Coach Anderson's game plan. Defense was great tonight and I believe it's because he went away from the press and played more zone. Tough for any coach to change to what needs to be done and not what he wants to play. Think he deserves a ton of credit for his plan tonight. Still confused about sub patterns sometimes, but  he believes in his bench and they delivered tonight. Love me some Hogs and love the way Coach Anderson led the way tonight!

Well said. I get really f I started at times when he benches Macon, Barford, and Gafford at the same time, but to your point, our bench kept us in this game tonight. Then our stars carried us home.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Letsroll1200

Mike Anderson is a dancing machine, 3 appearances in the last 4 years. This program is going in the right direction. Will be a silent night tonight. Hogs have won 5 of their last 6 games.

FATHAWG08

The uglier the game the better chance the Hogs win. Great Road Win!!! This was big because Jones,Bailey & Thomas  had Big moments. This should help them moving forward!!
I love off season Football!!

Mr. Porkleone

riccoar

razorback1829

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 07:38:18 pm

Sure did! Coaching beauty!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Joe, I was breathing fire on these refs for the majority of the game. Tough one to watch with us being so careless with the ball but we made some very very very big shots. This one sews up our bid to the dance! Huge one. Absolutley huge.

Cannot wait for Tuesday senior night.

These guys have been through alot. Tons of ups and downs but they do deserve a packed out house to send them out.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 24, 2018, 07:43:08 pm
Zone defense was a great coach move. Props to MA. Great win

Ill admit. I don't think this year has been Mike's best coaching job. That still remains 2004 UAB but that was a very good move for this game.  I hope we continue improve and make adjustments. Bailey came to play when Gabe struggled a bit.

Very excited about this one. Will watch this one again.

Dropkick

The kids that are gonna have to shoulder the load next year stepped up 2nite

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2018, 07:42:59 pm
Mike Anderson is a dancing machine, 3 appearances in the last 4 years. This program is going in the right direction. Will be a silent night tonight. Hogs have won 5 of their last 6 games.

Not silent at all. Every Hogfan should be happy if not then go kick rocks! Kentucky game was bad but this team has won 5 of 6. Need to finish out strong and win some NCAA games..

Really loved some things today. Several contributors that have talent. Maybe the light will stay on for Jones.

hawgball40

I'm still not buying any stock in this team. We had the same lulls tonight as we did against kentucky, the difference was obviously in level of competition. But yeah, enjoy the win. I'm enjoying it. But i dont expect the hogs to do much in the tourney. We're a flawed basketball team with a bad system and several players who just aren't very good. Props to DT, Adrio, and Jones for stepping up tonight though.

AlmaHog2011

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 07:37:23 pm
Crow away FCJ...you deserve too!  Not only did the Hogs and Mike win but they beat a damn cheater on top of it
We don't need you loser! Get lost!

razorback1829

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 24, 2018, 07:55:41 pm
Ill admit. I don't think this year has been Mike's best coaching job. That still remains 2004 UAB but that was a very good move for this game.  I hope we continue improve and make adjustments. Bailey came to play when Gabe struggled a bit.

Very excited about this one. Will watch this one again.

2009 Mizzou team

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 07:58:35 pm
I'm still not buying any stock in this team. We had the same lulls tonight as we did against kentucky, the difference was obviously in level of competition. But yeah, enjoy the win. I'm enjoying it. But i dont expect the hogs to do much in the tourney. We're a flawed basketball team with a bad system and several players who just aren't very good. Props to DT, Adrio, and Jones for stepping up tonight though.
Yeah they didn't have 5 first round draft picks. That does make a difference

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 08:03:51 pm
Congrats on your play and coaching tonight for the Hogs!  Oh wait you're on a message board...where is the "we"

Woo Pig

bigred223

Quote from: threeNout on February 24, 2018, 07:34:33 pm
we really looked good when 2, 20 and 23 were in the game together, athletic energy to spare.

Bailey needs to be better utilized. Once he knocked off some rust he looked great.

Rooster Hogburn

Those that want mike fired are Russian hackers trying to influence the election of our next coach. It would be unpatriotic to allow them control of this fine American institution.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

hoglady

We really don't have many players that aren't any good - we have players that aren't consistent.
The only player that hasn't contributed lately is Cook. Jones, Bailey, Thompson, Thomas, Hall and Gabe - have all come up big and helped us win games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hoggish1

porkrindjimmy

So we have several players who just aren't any good?

Then surely you will admit what a fine coaching job Mike has done to have this team 20-9 and most likely a NCAA tournament bid, right?

PRJ

hogsanity

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 24, 2018, 07:43:08 pm
Zone defense was a great coach move. Props to MA. Great win

Something some of us have been saying the should have gone to long ago.  Thought it was a great game plan. Same plan would have beaten LSu at least once, Would have beaten A&M and MSu too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gonzo

Oh gee, what a surprise, the MA fan club pres showed up right on cue

Great win Hogs!

Go Hogs!

P.S. I (and others I'm sure) called this hours ago

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 24, 2018, 08:00:49 pm
2009 Mizzou team

Fantastic team and fun to watch but taking a conference USA team and conquering the overall number one seed in the ncaa was remarkable.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 24, 2018, 11:25:57 pm
Something some of us have been saying the should have gone to long ago.  Thought it was a great game plan. Same plan would have beaten LSu at least once, Would have beaten A&M and MSu too.

Run along. I mean you never stop.

I think though Sanity...I have made a decision to have you in charge of my funeral as that is your business. I have three requests.

I know you probably don't bury folks in drawers. I need to be planted with fresh drawers. Cashmere ones.

Secondly, Do not shave my beard. Have it spiced up with a little Sandalwood beard oil. Will make the whole place smell great.

And lastly, I want Dolly Parton's "here you come again" on a loop and played repeatedly. Never stop it. Even when the preacher is saying kind words to my family about me, and believe me kind words will be spoken but keep Dolly singing and finally, when my loved ones, my pall bearers jerk me out of the back of that Cadillac and place me up on that great lowering device....just kick that stereo in after me so Dolly can continue....

Thanks,

PRJ

rtr

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 11:34:02 pm

I think though Sanity...I have made a decision to have you in charge of my funeral as that is your business. I have three requests.

I know you probably don't bury folks in drawers. I need to be planted with fresh drawers. Cashmere ones.

Secondly, Do not shave my beard. Have it spiced up with a little Sandalwood beard oil. Will make the whole place smell great.

And lastly, I want Dolly Parton's "here you come again" on a loop and played repeatedly. Never stop it. Even when the preacher is saying kind words to my family about me, and believe me kind words will be spoken but keep Dolly singing and finally, when my loved ones, my pall bearers jerk me out of the back of that Cadillac and place me up on that great lowering device....just kick that stereo in after me so Dolly can continue....

Thanks,

PRJ
Simply brilliant.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hogsanity

Thanks,

PRJ

So which one of your dozen or so screen names from Hogville should I put on your stone and on the handout for the bereaved family and friends? And fir music I was thinking more of " What a fool believes "  then " Amazing Grace" ( I mean we are still civilized despite out differences ) then close with the Razorback fight song. And we could have a casket for your body and then 11 little ones for your alter egos.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 24, 2018, 11:55:46 pm
So which one of your dozen or so screen names from Hogville should I put on your stone and on the handout for the bereaved family and friends? And fir music I was thinking more of " What a fool believes "  then " Amazing Grace" ( I mean we are still civilized despite out differences ) then close with the Razorback fight song. And we could have a casket for your body and then 11 little ones for your alter egos.

Ummmm.....I have one name on here. One. Ask any mod or admin if I operate under any other alias....because I don't.

You may know about planting and stuffing someone as they pass on to the other side but you know zilch about basketball. I do not care if you toot a whistle, 99% of the time, you blow the call.

I know it is hard for you to fathom, difficult for you to understand but we have won 20 games again this year with a few more left to play. Mike is going nowhere. No matter how loud you scream, no matter how you wail and knash and shout zone, zone damnit, he isn't going anywhere.

Now back to my funeral.....I am paying for the sucker, I make my last requests and wishes...I am debating on preaching my own funeral and if you keep up your disparaging attitude, I damn sure will preach it.

Dolly Parton's, "here you come again". I am a damn American, true and blue. I throw bottle rockets out a ghetto bird, piss drunk, July 3rd and I want Dolly.

And don't forget my cashmere drawers.

PRJ

hogsanity

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 25, 2018, 12:04:19 am
Ummmm.....I have one name on here. One. Ask any mod or admin if I operate under any other alias....because I don't.

You may know about planting and stuffing someone as they pass on to the other side but you know zilch about basketball. I do not care if you toot a whistle, 99% of the time, you blow the call.

I know it is hard for you to fathom, difficult for you to understand but we have won 20 games again this year with a few more left to play. Mike is going nowhere. No matter how loud you scream, no matter how you wail and knash and shout zone, zone damnit, he isn't going anywhere.

Now back to my funeral.....I am paying for the sucker, I make my last requests and wishes...I am debating on preaching my own funeral and if you keep up your disparaging attitude, I damn sure will preach it.

Dolly Parton's, "here you come again". I am a damn American, true and blue. I throw bottle rockets out a ghetto bird, piss drunk, July 3rd and I want Dolly.

And don't forget my cashmere drawers.

PRJ

Actually, if you had been paying attention you'd know I have said Mike is not going anywhere. He's here until he does not want to be. I think thats bad for the program, but hey, he's mac-n-cheese to many, good comfort food, not really good for you, and not great when re-heated, but at that moment it makes you feel good.

That's actually interesting about preaching your own funeral, and would save ob the honorarium for the preacher. You're paying the bill, at least you better pay it.

BTW, I am an accountant so I will be there to help those you leave behind deal with your estate, unless you do the smart thing and take care of that before you depart.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 25, 2018, 12:14:56 am
Actually, if you had been paying attention you'd know I have said Mike is not going anywhere. He's here until he does not want to be. I think thats bad for the program, but hey, he's mac-n-cheese to many, good comfort food, not really good for you, and not great when re-heated, but at that moment it makes you feel good.

That's actually interesting about preaching your own funeral, and would save ob the honorarium for the preacher. You're paying the bill, at least you better pay it.

BTW, I am an accountant so I will be there to help those you leave behind deal with your estate, unless you do the smart thing and take care of that before you depart.

I have it already taken care of.

When you fire bottle rockets out a ghetto bird, you have to plan for these things to take a sudden turn for the worse.

PRJ

hogsanity

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 25, 2018, 12:19:18 am

When you fire bottle rockets out a ghetto bird, you have to plan for these things to take a sudden turn for the worse.

PRJ

So true, so so true

porkrindjimmy

And damnit, I thought you were in the funeral business. That is a downer because you and funeral service would have been a hoot....

Oh well, I am gonna continue to think you are a mortician or a funeral director instead of a bean counter....

Way more fun that way.

PRJ

forrest city joe

Thanks,

PRJ
+1000. love your post Jimmy.it's right on the money.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on February 24, 2018, 10:20:06 pm
Those that want mike fired are Russian hackers trying to influence the election of our next coach. It would be unpatriotic to allow them control of this fine American institution.

Did you come on after the loss to Kentucky? It was at least 75% of the board calling for MAs firing. If there's one thing about Hog fans, they are a fickle bunch.

As for the game, props to the team and MA for going to the zone. As much as I hate and DESPISE a 2-3 zone, it was the best move for this game.

Team cant afford to be sloppy at the end though. They pretty much let Bama back in it by playing lazy defense at the end. Hope we can play our way out of the 8/9 seed or else its one and done in the tourney.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 24, 2018, 11:25:57 pm

This is what drives me crazy. We have played some zone in nearly every game this season, even in the games you are complaining about.

nchogg