Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If MA starts anyone else over Hall at the 4 spot

Started by hogsgolfpro, February 13, 2018, 08:58:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

I am going to lose my mind. Cook better not get the start tonight!

razorback1829

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on February 13, 2018, 08:58:07 am
I am going to lose my mind. Cook better not get the start tonight!

Hall doesn't play the 4.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 13, 2018, 09:14:31 am
Hall doesn't play the 4.

He can play the 4. He has enough size. Hopefully it's Hall or Gabe starting.

PonderinHog

SemperHawg

Did we get any word if Adrio is over the flu yet?

BannerMountainMan

He didn't start last game and we blew em out and again it doesn't matter who starts because everybody is going to get the same amount of minutes as they usually do
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Ole Miss is starting 4 guards and a 6'8" post. We could get away with Hall or Gabe in alongside of Gafford. Hall isn't a 4 though and CMA said so himself.
Hogs up! Covid down!

golfinpig

I don't understand why Cook is still getting minutes. He's not an offensive threat and he's a turnover waiting to happen.

daprospecta

Quote from: golfinpig on February 13, 2018, 02:45:38 pm
I don't understand why Cook is still getting minutes. He's not an offensive threat and he's a turnover waiting to happen.
He is the biggest guy on the team outside Trey.  Cook is basically a space filler on defense which is needed at times against bigger teams.

The_Iceman

If Hall plays the 4, it decimates our depth at the 1-3 spots.

labb

Only player with less minutes that Cook is Gabe and the walkons and Gabe only started getting minutes in the last three games or so. Didn't run the numbers but think that Cook has averaged about 7 minutes per game over 25 games..So It is not like he is taking a lot of minutes from anyone. Problem is that the options at that position are not very good.

Hawg Red

Doesn't have to be Hall for me, but it does need to be anyone but Cook. Thomas, Bailey, Gabe -- I'll take any of them over Cook. Cook's calling card is solid D and Gabe has usurped him there.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 13, 2018, 09:18:58 am
He didn't start last game and we blew em out and again it doesn't matter who starts because everybody is going to get the same amount of minutes as they usually do
But...did you watch the first 7 minutes of the last game?  Although...I do see your point.

sadhogfan

Quote from: daprospecta on February 13, 2018, 02:54:46 pm
He is the biggest guy on the team outside Trey.  Cook is basically a space filler on defense which is needed at times against bigger teams.

Dustin Thomas is listed at the same height and 10 pounds heavier. I *think* Cook might be a slightly better defender, while Thomas is a little better offensively. They both seem to be below average athletically.

So basically, a wash. What is frustrating is you can never tell on a given night if you are going to get good (for them) minutes, or what you got with Cook against Vandy, where he was involved in 3 TOs to start off the game.

I think Adrio has more upside (definitely more athleticism), but I think he got lost in rotations when the other two returned, had his confidence shaken, and has never recovered since.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The starting line up the last game contributed to the slow/poor start.  As much as I love GO he shouldn't have started.  He's doing a great job growing into his role but still needs some seasoning.  We need as fast and clean a start as possible.  Then bring Gabe in as a whirling dervish of energy that just disrupts the other team.  But that needs to happen after our own flow is established. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorback1829

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 13, 2018, 04:27:04 pm
The starting line up the last game contributed to the slow/poor start.  As much as I love GO he shouldn't have started.  He's doing a great job growing into his role but still needs some seasoning.  We need as fast and clean a start as possible.  Then bring Gabe in as a whirling dervish of energy that just disrupts the other team.  But that needs to happen after our own flow is established.

Gabe didn't start last game. Cook did.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 13, 2018, 04:30:05 pm
Gabe didn't start last game. Cook did.

Ok that explains it.  Gabe went in pretty early though didn't he?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

labb

I think he went in after we had the 5th turn over.

TebowHater

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 13, 2018, 04:36:10 pm
Ok that explains it.  Gabe went in pretty early though didn't he?

Yep and we started doing better when he did

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dirty

If Hall doesn't come off the bench to Sub 1-3 then who?