Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Biggest Fear from the Bielema Erorr

Started by HeathWimp, February 12, 2018, 12:32:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:52:16 pm
The money Petrino gave JD came from his own private bank account and Long already knew about the affair. Long knew about it when he signed the contract making her hiring official. That's what I meant by dishonest. He tried to make it look like Bobby was trying to cover it up when Long was actually doing some covering up himself.

Wrong

AHiD

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 12, 2018, 03:53:09 pm
Wrong

This is genuinely funny, but I feel bad for laughing at the mentally challenged
My name...is Jerruh

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:35:50 pm
No it didn't. You are one of those I was referring to in that post.

He hired a person who he was having an extramarital affair with. That warrants a firing with cause.
He lied to his boss, other University officials, and the public by trying to cover up that he was having an extramarital affair and that he was alone during the accident. That warrants a firing with cause.
He gave her $20,000 as a Christmas present. Remember, this was before he hired her. Then he hired her anyway. That warrants a firing with cause.
Because of the $20k present and hiring and firing of Dorrell, this could result in a sexual harassment case against the University. That warrants a firing with cause.

All of this makes Bobby Petrino the only person to blame for Bobby Petrino being fired by Jeff Long.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:52:16 pm
The money Petrino gave JD came from his own private bank account and Long already knew about the affair. Long knew about it when he signed the contract making her hiring official. That's what I meant by dishonest. He tried to make it look like Bobby was trying to cover it up when Long was actually doing some covering up himself.

You can't give people 20k bonuses off the books yo
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:02:28 pm
You do realize that there were members of the BOT that were so angry about Long firing Bobby that they wanted to fire Long too, Right?? They didn't have a majority of the votes so they just gave him enough rope to "Hang Himself" and he did just that. Bobby wasn't perfect, he did some things he shouldn't have but his wrongdoings didn't merit termination. 5 years later, Jeff Long finally paid the price for what he did to Bobby and to the football program. I'm not gonna lie, I felt like popping Champaign corks when Long's firing was announced.

Guv...you live in a fantasy land sir.  Hiring of BP...nothing to do with Jeff Long, forced on him by the PTB.  Firing of BP...ALL Jeff Long, and him standing up and saying that he had discussed it with Gearhardt and that was the determination that was made was a flat out lie, that he somehow managed to say, and remain employed.  Isn't that about right?  Becaue remember...if your world, JL fired BP ALL on his own accord, making him enemy number 1. 

Reminds me of all of the successful attempts to assassinate the President.  Success...obviously a conspiracy, because no one person can change the course of history like that. /sarcasm  Human nature not to want to accept that. 

Unsuccessful attempt....always just some whacko who acted alone...end of story, no conspiracy theory. 

Your stance here is just too black and white Guv.  Decisions that HUGE are not made by one person.  Jeff Long failed to replace BP with a coach that won enough games, so he was fired.  Saying it was in any way because he fired BP....pure conjecture on your part, and it doesn't add up at all that he would survive this long if that was what people took issue with.     

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 12, 2018, 03:54:52 pm
This is genuinely funny, but I feel bad for laughing at the mentally challenged

IKR?  It's one of those situations where even arguing the point gives the claim more legitimacy then it deserves.

HogPharmer

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 12, 2018, 01:24:51 pm
This is why our offense has to be borderline great for us to make any noise. We have to at least have the capability to outscore teams.

I'd even go as far as to say our O has to be borderline erotic for us to make any noise.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hogs-n-Roses

I say we lost quite a few of those games over the " Bielema era" , especially last year cuz of poor leadership and coaching boobs. Its been my well documented opinion that Jeff Long was the problem(not win at all costs) is a horrible leadership statement and Bret was a bad hire for us at the time,we were more suited for a different type of transition than one to the "monsters of the midway" IE put this Morris guy in here at that time and I believe er wouldn't have started 0-20 (or whatever it was) in Brets tenure.
I'll also submit that losing is a cancer that is a mentality which is hard to break out of. I'll use last year as an example. We left 3-4 wins out there and its ridiculous that we lost those games.A$m,State,Mizzou. as they were games we gave away(IMO). Poor coaching at the end of the games and the mentality above mentioned"I just know they're gonna come back and beat us", are the culprits.
Next submission, We could come back next year and because of newly infused enthusiasm and superior coaching,pull of 2-4 more wins and restart the program just as Petrino did.After year 2(which is all it should take for us to get a glimpse of whether its possible or not)I saw that we were on our way and we had good possibilities of winning lots more games than we had been winning and mainly winning all the games we should win.
With this said, I pray that we don't go the other direction as my heart was ripped out when seeing the pics of our stands at the end of the State game. Looked like highschool attendance with 2 minits left and us still in the game and if you win those last 2 games I believe we would have gone to a bowl. Give us 3 more wins and we get this great class of recruits next year and we'll bounce back fine.

I

GuvHog

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 12, 2018, 03:54:55 pm
He hired a person who he was having an extramarital affair with. That warrants a firing with cause.
He lied to his boss, other University officials, and the public by trying to cover up that he was having an extramarital affair and that he was alone during the accident. That warrants a firing with cause.
He gave her $20,000 as a Christmas present. Remember, this was before he hired her. Then he hired her anyway. That warrants a firing with cause.
Because of the $20k present and hiring and firing of Dorrell, this could result in a sexual harassment case against the University. That warrants a firing with cause.

All of this makes Bobby Petrino the only person to blame for Bobby Petrino being fired by Jeff Long.

Wrong again. Petrino didn't hire Dorrell, he was part of a hiring committee that recommended her to Long. Long is the one that officially hired her knowing she was having an affair with Bobby. The money came from Bobby's private bank account and there was never any possibility of a lawsuit.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:02:33 pm
Wrong again. Petrino didn't hire Dorrell, he was part of a hiring committee that recommended her to Long. Long is the one that officially hired her. The money came from Bobby's private bank account and there was never any possibility of a lawsuit.

I feel sorry for you.

AHiD

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 12, 2018, 03:58:44 pm
IKR?  It's one of those situations where even arguing the point gives the claim more legitimacy then it deserves.

Already gave you one, but +1
My name...is Jerruh

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 03:57:03 pm
Guv...you live in a fantasy land sir.  Hiring of BP...nothing to do with Jeff Long, forced on him by the PTB.  Firing of BP...ALL Jeff Long, and him standing up and saying that he had discussed it with Gearhardt and that was the determination that was made was a flat out lie, that he somehow managed to say, and remain employed.  Isn't that about right?  Becaue remember...if your world, JL fired BP ALL on his own accord, making him enemy number 1. 

Reminds me of all of the successful attempts to assassinate the President.  Success...obviously a conspiracy, because no one person can change the course of history like that. /sarcasm  Human nature not to want to accept that. 

Unsuccessful attempt....always just some whacko who acted alone...end of story, no conspiracy theory. 

Your stance here is just too black and white Guv.  Decisions that HUGE are not made by one person.  Jeff Long failed to replace BP with a coach that won enough games, so he was fired.  Saying it was in any way because he fired BP....pure conjecture on your part, and it doesn't add up at all that he would survive this long if that was what people took issue with.     

Wrong. Long himself stated that the decision to terminate Bobby was his alone. He also stated that he informed the Chancellor and the BOT members AFTER he made the decision. He stayed employed because as I stated earlier, those BOT members who wanted him gone were a minority of the BOT. It took them 5 years to finally flip enough members to their side and fire him.

GuvHog

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 03:43:55 pm
Go back into that thread and reread it. Plenty of relevant facts for you. Why didn't you respond in there?

Hmm....seems sort of coincidental that every time you show up, Busta shows up too.  Now you just need Mallet's Ego in here to help you drum up some meaningless statistics, and try to use them to make a point that's irrelevant, and it would be just like old times in this thread too.   ;)

"Here are the win totals we've had since the dawn of time against the SEC and the Big 12.  See...we win more against Big 12 teams, and we even did better versus the SEC before we joined the SEC.  Therefore, it's easy to see that we would win more games if we moved back to the Big 12." 

You can't take things at face value like that.  You have to look at the teams we played before we joined the SEC, and what their records were?  Are you counting our dominance over TAMU as "SEC" wins going clear back to the SWC days, just like you were counting our victories over TCU from the SWC days as "Big 12" wins?  Are you saying the TCU and Baylor of today were the same as they were in the 80's and before?   

What exactly went into those statistics? 

And the funny part is...REGARDLESS of the opposition, you're still arguing the same point.  "We need lesser competition, because we'll win more games." 

You hung your hat on Ego's statistics as proving me wrong, when I never once said we wouldn't win more games if we lowered our level of competition.  I also contend that it would be a lot harder than you think it would be to just run over everyone, and have to get past OU once in awhile to make the playoff.  AND...if we do get there, we'll be less prepared to win the NC than if we prove we can do it in the SEC. 

Your stats don't change my view on that, and me saying lowering goals is the easiest way to achieve them isn't going to change your desire to play against lower competition.  So...what's the end result?  We stay where we are, and don't tuck tail to be TX's B___h.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:13:54 pm
Wrong. Long himself stated that the decision to terminate Bobby was his alone. He also stated that he informed the Chancellor and the BOT members AFTER he made the decision. He stayed employed because as I stated earlier, those BOT members who wanted him gone were a minority of the BOT. It took them 5 years to finally flip enough members to their side and fire him.

OK Guv...if you really believe that at no point there was room for anyone to jump in and prevent JL from firing BP, WHICH IS WHY HE MET WITH GEARHARDT, then you're just choosing to ignore how things work.  You'll carry it to your grave that a POS human being was mistreated and made an example of, despite him bringing it on himself through his immoral and careless actions.  Carry on...not going through this AGAIN. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:18:38 pm
Hmm....seems sort of coincidental that every time you show up, Busta shows up too.  Now you just need Mallet's Ego in here to help you drum up some meaningless statistics, and try to use them to make a point that's irrelevant, and it would be just like old times in this thread too.   ;)

"Here are the win totals we've had since the dawn of time against the SEC and the Big 12.  See...we win more against Big 12 teams, and we even did better versus the SEC before we joined the SEC.  Therefore, it's easy to see that we would win more games if we moved back to the Big 12." 

You can't take things at face value like that.  You have to look at the teams we played before we joined the SEC, and what their records were?  Are you counting our dominance over TAMU as "SEC" wins going clear back to the SWC days, just like you were counting our victories over TCU from the SWC days as "Big 12" wins?  Are you saying the TCU and Baylor of today were the same as they were in the 80's and before?   

What exactly went into those statistics? 

And the funny part is...REGARDLESS of the opposition, you're still arguing the same point.  "We need lesser competition, because we'll win more games." 

You hung your hat on Ego's statistics as proving me wrong, when I never once said we wouldn't win more games if we lowered our level of competition.  I also contend that it would be a lot harder than you think it would be to just run over everyone, and have to get past OU once in awhile to make the playoff.  AND...if we do get there, we'll be less prepared to win the NC than if we prove we can do it in the SEC. 

Your stats don't change my view on that, and me saying lowering goals is the easiest way to achieve them isn't going to change your desire to play against lower competition.  So...what's the end result?  We stay where we are, and don't tuck tail to be TX's B___h.   

Thanks for admitting the premise was correct. We'd win more games and have a better shot at a natty. Not wanting that is your prerogative.

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:22:35 pm
OK Guv...if you really believe that at no point there was room for anyone to jump in and prevent JL from firing BP, WHICH IS WHY HE MET WITH GEARHARDT, then you're just choosing to ignore how things work.  You'll carry it to your grave that a POS human being was mistreated and made an example of, despite him bringing it on himself through his immoral and careless actions.  Carry on...not going through this AGAIN. 

It isn't what I believe, it's what Long said. He stated at the termination press conference that the decision to terminate Bobby was his and his alone. He also stated that he informed the Chancellor and BOT of his decision to fire Bobby AFTER it was made. I can't help that you don't like it, that's what he said.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:13:54 pm

So, was it Hyneman, Waldrip, Pryor, or Goodman that wanted him fired in 2012? I believe those are the only 4 who were serving then.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 04:33:11 pm
So, was it Hyneman, Waldrip, Pryor, or Goodman that wanted him fired in 2012? I believe those are the only 4 who were serving then.

I was told that there were 3 who wanted him fired back then but names were never mentioned. 5 years later, that minority became a majority.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:36:18 pm
I was told that there were 3 who wanted him fired back then but names were never mentioned. 5 years later, that minority became a majority.

How convient, lol. They could have been in the 6 who's terms rolled off. So, in all honesty, you don't know what you're talking about.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 04:38:55 pm
How convient, lol. They could have been in the 6 who's terms rolled off. So, in all honesty, you don't know what you're talking about.

I only know what I was told. Going from a 3-7 vote to a 7-3 vote to terminate 5 years later is a pretty drastic shift.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 04:25:09 pm
Thanks for admitting the premise was correct. We'd win more games and have a better shot at a natty. Not wanting that is your prerogative.

Man, you just love following me around and showing your issues with inferiority, but I wouldn't expect less from someone advocating playing lesser competition as a means to improve.  No reason not to defy logic across the board right?  You might as well go all out now that the cat's out of the bag. 

NEVER did I say it would improve our chances at a NC.  That's your wish and dream.  I guess when you have difficulty making a cogent argument, you just make false claims about your adversary's position.  Nice work....and about as low as you can set the bar in an argument.  "I'll just say what he thinks so I can win."   

Again...not surprising from a position of "Let's lower the bar so we can win more games."     

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:32:09 pm
It isn't what I believe, it's what Long said. He stated at the termination press conference that the decision to terminate Bobby was his and his alone. He also stated that he informed the Chancellor and BOT of his decision to fire Bobby AFTER it was made. I can't help that you don't like it, that's what he said.

Haha....OK.  He fired him all on his own. Who hired BP? 

Vantage 8 dude

Guys, guys, guys......please let's get back on the subject with revolves around what (if any) "hangover" we might or might not have after the CBB regime. We can argue and debate (AGAIN) all we want about whether or not Petrino should or shouldn't have been fired, discuss whether Jeff Long and/or BOT were ultimately responsible for the final decision to tell Bobby "bye, bye"; however, it still doesn't address what happens going forward. So in the mind of members WHAT DOES HAPPEN NEXT ???

steveaustin69

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:43:01 pm
Man, you just love following me around and showing your issues with inferiority, but I wouldn't expect less from someone advocating playing lesser competition as a means to improve.  No reason not to defy logic across the board right?  You might as well go all out now that the cat's out of the bag. 

NEVER did I say it would improve our chances at a NC.  That's your wish and dream.  I guess when you have difficulty making a cogent argument, you just make false claims about your adversary's position.  Nice work....and about as low as you can set the bar in an argument.  "I'll just say what he thinks so I can win."   

Again...not surprising from a position of "Let's lower the bar so we can win more games."     

We can continue this discussion in the other thread if you'd like. I'm not going to hijack this one more than I already have. Also, still waiting on some stats, facts to back you up.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:42:32 pm
I only know what I was told. Going from a 3-7 vote to a 7-3 vote to terminate 5 years later is a pretty drastic shift.

...and they all sat at home waiting their turn, thinking..."Man, I can't wait to get back at JL for firing BP.  He's accomplished so much at Louisville since landing there again.  Just think....we would be winning 8 games with the returning Heisman Trophy winner and losing to Miss. State in our bowl game." 

News flash Guv...fired JL, because we weren't winning football games, and they didn't value his opinion with regard to the next football coach, so why keep him around?  He had his chance...and blew it, THREE TIMES in most people's eyes.  BP...fail.  JL Smith...Fail.  BB...Fail. 

Three strikes, and you're out.  NOT because he fired BP.  You and the 14 other people on Hogville who don't understand how big business works can cling to termination as unnecessary as long as it makes you feel good, but if you took a poll on whether or not he deserved to be canned..even on Hogville, much less the "real world," you would see...you're in the minority. 

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:02:33 pm
Wrong again. Petrino didn't hire Dorrell, he was part of a hiring committee that recommended her to Long. Long is the one that officially hired her knowing she was having an affair with Bobby. The money came from Bobby's private bank account and there was never any possibility of a lawsuit.

Ok, dummy. I'm tired of arguing with you.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 04:49:29 pm
We can continue this discussion in the other thread if you'd like. I'm not going to hijack this one more than I already have.

No need...you proved your point.  We can win more if we drop in competition.   I concede to the immensity of that thought process.  UCF is in a lower conference...and how will everyone remember them after last season?  As a team that WHINED about not playing tough enough competition to warrant anything significant, so they crowned themselves as champions. 

And now what?  Forever more...I will view them, and Scott Frost, as a bunch of whinebags who should have walked off the field, REALIZED that they did the best they could given the cards they were dealt, and let people formulate their own opinions.  Instead...they look like bozos.   

steveaustin69

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:56:10 pm
No need...you proved your point.  We can win more if we drop in competition.   I concede to the immensity of that thought process.  UCF is in a lower conference...and how will everyone remember them after last season?  As a team that WHINED about not playing tough enough competition to warrant anything significant, so they crowned themselves as champions. 

And now what?  Forever more...I will view them, and Scott Frost, as a bunch of whinebags who should have walked off the field, REALIZED that they did the best they could given the cards they were dealt, and let people formulate their own opinions.  Instead...they look like bozos.   

Not P5. Not the same. Been discussed. Try again.

Razorbackers

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:56:10 pm

I mean, I don't want to leave the sec, but comparing the big 12 to a non-p5 conference is silly.

GuvHog

February 12, 2018, 05:00:46 pm #130 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:12:05 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 04:51:51 pm
...and they all sat at home waiting their turn, thinking..."Man, I can't wait to get back at JL for firing BP.  He's accomplished so much at Louisville since landing there again.  Just think....we would be winning 8 games with the returning Heisman Trophy winner and losing to Miss. State in our bowl game." 

News flash Guv...fired JL, because we weren't winning football games, and they didn't value his opinion with regard to the next football coach, so why keep him around?  He had his chance...and blew it, THREE TIMES in most people's eyes.  BP...fail.  JL Smith...Fail.  BB...Fail. 

Three strikes, and you're out.  NOT because he fired BP.  You and the 14 other people on Hogville who don't understand how big business works can cling to termination as unnecessary as long as it makes you feel good, but if you took a poll on whether or not he deserved to be canned..even on Hogville, much less the "real world," you would see...you're in the minority. 

If you believe the football teams performance (or lack thereof) is the main reason Long was fired, I disagree. There was more to it than that and what happened in April of 2012 was part of it. BP wasn't a failure and he really wasn't Long's choice for the job. As a direct result of Long's termination of Petrino and his hiring of Smiley, the Hog football program has spent that last 6 years in the Abyss. Thankfully it looks as if that might be about to change.

As far as a poll goes, one was taken right after Long's termination. The results weren't close to being in Long's favor.

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 05:00:46 pm
If you believe the football teams performance (or lack thereof) is the main reason Long was fired, I disagree. There was more to it than that and what happened in April of 2012 was part of it. BP wasn't a failure and he really wasn't Long's choice for the job.

Can you please provide a verifiable source?

Aren't you the same guy that stated something as fact because "it was talked about a lot on here?"

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 05:05:23 pm

Aren't you the same guy that stated something as fact because "it was talked about a lot on here?"

Ah the good ole 'GuvHog fact'...which is defined as 'When two or more people say something of the same meaning at any point in time on any given thread on www.hogville.net.'

steveaustin69

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 05:05:23 pm

Guv has since PMed me that his source is a former BoT member.

I guess Guv doesn't know what the term verifiable means.

GuvHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 05:16:11 pm
Guv has since PMed me that his source is a former BoT member.

I guess Guv doesn't know what the term verifiable means.

Most on here know who I'm referring to. I gave his name to a Moderator a long time ago.

steveaustin69

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 05:17:29 pm
Most on here know who I'm referring to. I gave his name to a Moderator a long time ago.

Even if this were true it's not verifiable unless he went public.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 04:42:32 pm

Not really, it wasn't the same people, and a vote never was taken, it would have  been made public, if so.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 05:22:59 pm
Not really, it wasn't the same people, and a vote never was taken, it would have  been made public, if so.

An "official" vote was never taken. An Unofficial vote is a different story.

GuvHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 05:21:51 pm
Even if this were true it's not verifiable unless he went public.

You obviously don't know the Hogville  rules. Here if one wants their source to remain anonymous, they can PM the name of the source to a moderator and the moderator will announce that the source is legit without revealing the name of the source.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 12, 2018, 03:31:41 pm
Is Tennessee Kansas?

They've been worse for longer.

This sounds like more "Po' old Arkysaw" to me.

Tennessee is the proper  analogy. We have both won 9 conference games in the last 3 years. Since 2012 Tennessee has won 15 conference games, Arkansas has won 13. Tennessee gets Kentucky and Vanderbilt every year. Our Missouri rivalry game is easier than their Alabama rivalry game. We both could have done better. We're both the single state school in an area that is hard to recruit locally. We're both struggling equally right now.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 05:29:52 pm
You obviously don't know the Hogville  rules. Here if one wants their source to remain anonymous, they can PM the name of the source to a moderator and the moderator will announce that the source is legit without revealing the name of the source.

Lol, so a moderator decides the legitimacy of sources, who knew......

rljjr

steveaustin69

Your really are a piece of work.

Bet your mind is the wildest place in all the U.S. and A.

AHiD

I'm in Dallas, and Jerry Jones told me you're two chips short of a frito pie
My name...is Jerruh

jkstock04

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 12, 2018, 03:12:50 pm
Ok first of all bad take man, you quoted the wrong person.

Second of all, I did the research myself back in the day for an article.

For the 2015 season, We had 14 players left COMBINED from the 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes.

That is just how it is.

And, to continue to prove you so wrong and show that your takes are bad, let's take at look at the 2015 roster. 2015, by the way, was Bielema's best season at Arkansas. Which, by the way, was after most of the Petrino-era defensive recruits were gone and that top 10 defense was no more.

Brandon Allen was a non-bielema recruit. He was our leading passer.

Our leading rusher was Alex Collins, our two leading receivers were Morgan and Henry, and our offensive line was 4/5 Bielema recruits.

Our 2 leading tacklers, 2 of our 3 interception leaders....all Bielema kids.

So whatever point you're going to try to make is probably not going to land like you think it will. I'd encourage you to relax, find a different hobby other than being wrong on the internet.

Have you tried being wrong on a boat? I bet you'd like it.
Why would I like being wrong on a boat? That makes no logical sense. As someone who is on a boat quite a bit...being "wrong" on a boat could very well get you killed. Especially this time of year striper fishing. So with that...this comment has a ring of trying to take this away from football discussion and a move towards making this personal...or am I reading you wrong? (I don't think I am) If you want to move this towards personal shots at each other that's no problem...I can play that game, with you especially. Pro flag burning, country hating liberals like yourself are easy to point a finger at. In case you didn't mean anything personal, I'm just kidding ;).

1st off I didn't quote the wrong person so you are wrong there to begin with. He quoted me, I quoted him back. Did you miss that? That's ok. Back to the original notion at hand...the idea that Petrino left little to zero talent on hand for Bielema to work with is not accurate.

The defense in particular got worse as time rolled on and all of Bielemas players cycled in (I know I know Rob Smith was 100% culprit, not Bielema) Guys like Chris Smith, Darius Philon, Robert Thomas, Trey Flowers, D. Wise, Tevin Mitchel, Rohan Gaines, Otha Peters, Taiwan Johnson are nothing to sneeze at. How many of those guys are in the NFL today? A few of them at least.

I get tired of this notion you guys have pushed the past few years of Petrino=bad, Bielema=awesome. Especially in light of the way it all played out in 2017.....absolute ****show. All of the sudden a thread started speaking of the hole Bielema has put us in (for sure national perception wise vs what we were with Nutt/Petrino) turns into what a great job he has done as far as what is left for Chad Morris to work with vs the dumpster fire Petrino supposedly left. 2015 is indeed your claim to fame. We did put up some big time offensive outputs that year on the back of Brandon Allen and Alex Collins no doubt. We won 8 games...I've said from year 1 and never wavered that Bielemas ceiling here was 8 wins. Lucky guess I suppose.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LRrazorback

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 12, 2018, 03:45:40 pm
Jeff Long didn't hire basketball coach Jamie Dixon at Pitt. He was already there. Long didn't get Jamie a raise (that should sound familiar). He hired Dave Wannstedt as head football coach at Pitt. That was almost as bad a situation as Bielema, and Wannstedt was a Pitt grad.

Hey Jim if I recall, JL named Jaime Dixon coach after Ben Howland left for ucla because the previous AD (don't remember his name) left around the beginning of the year. Is my memory failing?  If I am wrong, then JL has never made a quality hire.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 03:14:16 pm
Well, the blind hog.....

Several times I was very close to being banished from the pay-board that I was hanging out on in 2012.  Warning after warning.

For the entire first year I kept reminding the members why BB would likely fail.  Inability to recruit the players (OL and DL) in sufficient numbers to make his time-of-possession (ball control) offense work in the SEC.

In the early going he could seldom score the last TD in the close games because his defenses were dragging by the fourth quarter.  And as time went along he couldn't outscore much of anybody either.

The only thing that Bielema had down pat was coaching cliches'.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HeathWimp on February 12, 2018, 12:32:43 pm
is that Bert's disastrous tenure resulted in a "hard reset" of our program's potential.  Under Petrino, we were starting to see our potential for moving up to a higher level, say something on par with Oklahoma State.  We wouldn't win a national championship (or even a conference championship), but we would be nationally relevant every year.  We might not get the best recruits, but we would be recruiting at a much higher level.

However, Bert led us down a deep rabbit hole of lost games and poor recruiting.  The closest comparison I can think of is Kansas, after Mangino was dismissed for "integrity" reasons in 2008 (FWIW, I think his "integrity" issues were a lot more serious than Petrino's, but that ground has been covered before).  Since Mangino left, Kansas has gone through two coaches and is well on their way to running off a third, and they have become kryptonite to good recruits.

Sound familiar?  We are on our third coach since Petrino (yes, Smiley counts, since he was seriously thought of as someone who might have the interim tag removed).  We are not loved by recruits.  Heck, I'm not sure that other teams need to negative-recruit against us, since we are an afterthought with decent players.  I can't remember the last time we upset a highly-ranked team. 

Are we as bad as Kansas?  Probably not.  I think we could probably beat them on the field.  But are we similar to Kansas now?  Absolutely.  And we are in a much tougher conference.  My concern is that Bert dug such a deep hole that Morris won't be able to dig us out, and that this will be the new "state of affairs."
well, wimp is a perfect name for you. My God, Son, SACK TF UP!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

DLUXHOG

If it weren't for Petrino....
the Hogs might not have gotten to the Sugar Bowl...
Smiley wouldn't have happened.....
Beliema wouldn't have happened.....
Jeff Long would probably still have his job....
Razorback football wouldn't have been setback 60 years....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

AHiD

can we go back to discussing the fact Guv believes BP was innocent
My name...is Jerruh