• 392,063 Topics
• 22,138 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for latest list of Hogs players that have announced they are moving on..  (Read 4902 times)

rzrbkman

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

since seasons end. I'm just asking about those that had eligibility remaining. Thanks!

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

Hedlund
Rogers
Harris

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rzrbkman

• Varsity

Hedlund
Rogers
Harris

Wasn't there another OL that left due to injuries?

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

Wasn't there another OL that left due to injuries?

Jake Heinreich, medical reasons

KlubhouseKonnected

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!

We are going to be pretty thin at O-line huh?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

Jake Heinreich, medical reasons

I knew I was missing another scholarship player, thanks.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Maybe. I think you ideally need 17-18 guys over there for depth, redshirting, development, etc. Returning from last season we have 13. We added 3 in this signing class to bring us to 16 and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dylan Hays moved back to the O-Line. Also, after having watched his film, speed and agility, I'd love to see Nick Fulwider (6-7, 249) moved to the O-Line, R/S him, put some weight on him and groom him as a LT. I think he could be a great blind side tackle in this offense. That would bring us to a total of 18 on the O-Line, but only 6 who have any playing experience.

oldfart

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!

if fulwider would look into a possible future as an nfl left tackle he should jump at the chance.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest

Maybe. I think you ideally need 17-18 guys over there for depth, redshirting, development, etc. Returning from last season we have 13. We added 3 in this signing class to bring us to 16 and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dylan Hays moved back to the O-Line. Also, after having watched his film, speed and agility, I'd love to see Nick Fulwider (6-7, 249) moved to the O-Line, R/S him, put some weight on him and groom him as a LT. I think he could be a great blind side tackle in this offense. That would bring us to a total of 18 on the O-Line, but only 6 who have any playing experience.

Several on here are hip to the notion of Cantrell bulking into a LT. He has a nasty streak and good feet and hands.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net

Heck no...we are “O-line U”....or is it “Running back U”? Sorry..I can’t remember from year to year.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

We lost a few !

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Several on here are hip to the notion of Cantrell bulking into a LT. He has a nasty streak and good feet and hands.

I think Cantrell is very athletic but with just 2 years of eligibility remaining a move to LT would require adding another 20-30 lbs and learning new technique for a new position. That's a pretty short time period for him to make a switch and learn to play that particular position at an SEC level. That's one of the reasons that I thought that if you were going to make a position switch with a kid, Fulwider might be the perfect choice. Just based on film and his measurables, along with starting out as Freshman, he has the time and seems to possess the skills, to successfully make the conversion.

If they were going to move Cantrell to anything, I would think it would be an easier and quicker transition to move him to a position like DE that he has already played. There wouldn't be a need for any kind of physical transformation to make that move. Or maybe to LB, though he might need to drop 20-25 lbs to be more effective at that position. But again, it is a position that he has already played at one point so the learning curve might be shorter. JMO

stahawg

• Varsity

I’m sure there are a few more players to leave for various reasons but I know of a TE that is leaving our roster that hasn’t been announced yet.

FANONTHEHILL

• Go Hogs!

I’m sure there are a few more players to leave for various reasons but I know of a TE that is leaving our roster that hasn’t been announced yet.

I can confirm this. 

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!

I have been afraid of this.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

Rock City Razorback

• Senior
  • Gotta love that helmet!

My guess is Kraus. Solid player, has contributed throughout his years. But figure he's graduated and might be looking to step away as well. Maybe doesn't see a fit in this offense. I really hope it's not Gragg or O'Grady...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC

Expect more names to be released during the spring. This is a new staff with sew schemes. Players are chomping at the bits for an opportunity to prove themselves, especially those that haven't gotten on the field as much as they thought they would. As they work their way through the spring, it will become evident that some players just don't fit what the new regime is wanting. That's just the way it goes

carolinahogger

• Senior

Heck no...we are “O-line U”....or is it “Running back U”? Sorry..I can’t remember from year to year.

For the last 1 1/2 seasons we have been Second Half U.

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!

FOTH's son left to focus on Law School. Cooper.

Vantage 8 dude

For the last 1 1/2 seasons we have been Second Half U.
Slight correction....don't you mean Second Half "Swoon" U?

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!

Yep, the On-The-Hill family seems to have raised a pretty focused young man. I think I hope to never cross swords with him in the future.

hawg1221

• Senior

I'm thinking Will Gragg.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

hawg1221

• Senior

I hope not!

My first thought is how well does he fit CCM's high speed system. I can't remember, but they were talking about the strengths and weaknesses of the TE's last year. I do not recall what they said, but I was thinking he was one of the slower TE's.

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!

With CM having the 2011 Mackey Award winner while at Clemson, if I were a TE I'd at least go through spring ball and see what's what.

MORAZOR

• Band Nerd

D Hayes moved back to O end of last season
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:09:38 pm by MORAZOR »

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

With that Winkle kid being a genetically gifted left tackle (left Handed) I wouldn't suggest that. Besides. We signed 3 OT's. I think we're going to see enough improvement with off-season workouts and coaching to feel safe about it, but that's just me obviously.

AP85

• Left Lane Ready.

Keep em coming. Gotta make room for coach Morris’ Arsenal.

Cinco de Hogo

Speaking of Cantrell at left LT and needing more weight, doesn’t LT’s get matched up with DE and LBer most of the time?  Cantrell has plenty of experience going against those players as a blocking TE.  I think he would do fine his last two years and that gives a youngster a chance to develop naturally instead of being rushed into service.  Jackson better want a starting spot or he might lose it!

swineology

• Hogvillian
  • WPS!

I think Cantrell is very athletic but with just 2 years of eligibility remaining a move to LT would require adding another 20-30 lbs and learning new technique for a new position. That's a pretty short time period for him to make a switch and learn to play that particular position at an SEC level. That's one of the reasons that I thought that if you were going to make a position switch with a kid, Fulwider might be the perfect choice. Just based on film and his measurables, along with starting out as Freshman, he has the time and seems to possess the skills, to successfully make the conversion.

If they were going to move Cantrell to anything, I would think it would be an easier and quicker transition to move him to a position like DE that he has already played. There wouldn't be a need for any kind of physical transformation to make that move. Or maybe to LB, though he might need to drop 20-25 lbs to be more effective at that position. But again, it is a position that he has already played at one point so the learning curve might be shorter. JMO

Austin was 270 @TE in 2016, putting on weight isn't a problem for the farm boy

oldfart

• Hogville.net Rocks!

austin has been a pretty effective blocker at TE and H back so might not be a big challence to transfer to LT. and then get fulwider to RS to build some muscle and learn the position. for cantrell that might also be a pathway to NFL a la jason peters

texas tush hog

Walk-on, loved him though.

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian

There are going to be at least 4 or 5 more leave because as it stands now, there are 89 or 90 on scholarship. Someone feel free to correct if that number is not current.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

There are going to be at least 4 or 5 more leave because as it stands now, there are 89 or 90 on scholarship. Someone feel free to correct if that number is not current.

That appears to be the best guesstimate by those guessing. My guess, 1 QB, 1 LB, 1-2 WR, possibly 1 S.

Virgil

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hawgs!!

It's my understanding that he signed with us strictly as a DE and he doesn't want to play on the offensive side of the ball.  Now that's not set in stone but my understanding.   

Polecat

• Hogvillian
  • WPS!

Should know a lot more upon conclusion of Spring practices

ballinhog

• Hogvillian

I'm thinking Will Gragg.

Well in the latest video of the team working out, Gragg was in the very front when CCM was talking to the team. Usually when u choose to be up front it seems you're interested. I hope it's not Gragg, O'grady, or Patton. That's the 3 that would be bad to lose

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

TE U

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...

I can confirm this. 
if you can't tell us who it is, maybe you can tell us who it is not...

Hawgphat

• Hogvillian

I don't mean to be insensitive, so I'm not going to ask which of the current roster players may be encouraged to transfer; but do a number of you have definite suspicions as to which ones might be deemed to be "more expendable" in a mandatory paring down of the roster?

Again, I'm NOT asking for names here; I'm reasonably sure that some Hogs players follow HV.  I'm simply wondering how many of you with sharp, incisive insight into the program believe that you already know - beyond any reasonable degree of doubt - which current roster players will end up leaving us in order to reconcile our 85 member roster limitation.

Cinco de Hogo

I don't mean to be insensitive, so I'm not going to ask which of the current roster players may be encouraged to transfer; but do a number of you have definite suspicions as to which ones might be deemed to be "more expendable" in a mandatory paring down of the roster?

Again, I'm NOT asking for names here; I'm reasonably sure that some Hogs players follow HV.  I'm simply wondering how many of you with sharp, incisive insight into the program believe that you already know - beyond any reasonable degree of doubt - which current roster players will end up leaving us in order to reconcile our 85 member roster limitation.

The ONLY speculation I care to make is that the ones that don’t start fall camp for reasons other than injuries have probably/maybe transferred or quit football for personal reasons.  Other than that there are a couple posters that could say there are _ players that are gone and I would believe them to be close within +/- _ players.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

I don't know about expendable, but you would think 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 LB, and maybe 1 S would look to move on after spring practice due to their position on the depth chart. It's been stated above that 1 TE has obviously told his feelings on potentially leaving, there's 5 for you.

Con el Cerdos

• Senior
  • Hogville.net

Not a criticism but Cantrell is probably short (6'3) for the LT position, isn't he, which generally requires length to enable the LT to get hands on his opposition first.  Don't know about the length of his arms.

Goes without saying that the edge rushers in today's game that can get their hands on their opponent first, shuck them with ease most of the time.

Snouty

• Senior

I thought we were "Tight End" U under Bielema.  Not going to be under Morris.

hawginbigd1

With the #s crunch there's at least one secondary player that should be helped to find a new home commensurate with his skill level

Con el Cerdos

• Senior
  • Hogville.net

I don't know about expendable, but you would think 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 LB, and maybe 1 S would look to move on after spring practice due to their position on the depth chart. It's been stated above that 1 TE has obviously told his feelings on potentially leaving, there's 5 for you.

Rice, I can't disagree with your assessment, because I don't know of one name or a specific position where we may see departures.  But I certainly think there will be some, maybe more than a handful.

I played the game and went through more than a few summer practices (against the rules I might add) to understand when the activity is for the betterment of the participants and when the coaches intentions were aimed at gauging the participants commitment to the program.

With that bit of knowledge, the video I've seen of the (winter/spring) workouts the Razorbacks are being put through now appear to have a two-fold purpose.  Certainly to get into better shape, but possibly to see who is committed.

Cinco de Hogo

Not a criticism but Cantrell is probably short (6'3) for the LT position, isn't he, which generally requires length to enable the LT to get hands on his opposition first.  Don't know about the length of his arms.

Goes without saying that the edge rushers in today's game that can get their hands on their opponent first, shuck them with ease most of the time.

We have had such a problem at LT, I just want to see the best player there regardless of size.  If 6’ 3” gets the job done then so be it.  If 6’ 7” proves he is Best then so be it, you play your best players period and don’t worry about Prototypical NFL size.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas