Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osabuohien has become the defensive x factor... Just that quickly.

Started by dsims2k3, February 11, 2018, 04:24:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

The game turned the moment he was subbed in for Cook. He has been  the best on ball defender. Props to him.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Leadbelly

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 11, 2018, 04:24:18 pm
The game turned the moment he was subbed in for Cook. He has been  the best on ball defender. Props to him.
d

Agreed! And btw, Cook should never see the floor unless it's mop up time.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Leadbelly on February 11, 2018, 05:10:53 pm
d

Jonathon Holmes should play before Cook

Poker_hog

As usual the 4 is the weakest link on the team.  Basically they shouldn't touch the ball unless it's a rebound.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

lookawayquick

Gabe brings good D, board work and energy.  Hogs desperately needed a D stopper that played with energy.  Welcome to the court Gabe O!  You're earning those minutes!

hogwood

Agreed. Such a welcomed surprise to see him in conference play.

AlmaHog2011

I really thought Bailey would take that spot and blow up. Hasn't happened.
Gabe seems to be a player he will also rebound opposite of Gafford when the guy doubles. Seem to see the game and be in the right place. No way he's 6/9..I don't understand Cook and I told people on here and on other boards when I drove up to Poteau Ok to watch him. He did just what he does now. Should have never been signed he can't play.

Gabe is the key at this point. None of the other despite being given chance after chance have produced.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: lookawayquick on February 11, 2018, 06:21:40 pm
Gabe brings good D, board work and energy.  Hogs desperately needed a D stopper that played with energy.  Welcome to the court Gabe O!  You're earning those minutes!

I agree he really gets after it. Him and Hall on defense are good. Both have to develop offensively and they will.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Leadbelly on February 11, 2018, 05:10:53 pm
d

Never should play even in mop up time.

labb

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 11, 2018, 08:29:34 pm
I agree he really gets after it. Him and Hall on defense are good. Both have to develop offensively and they will.
Don't know about Gabe but Hall has some offensive skills..

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: labb on February 11, 2018, 08:32:00 pm
Don't know about Gabe but Hall has some offensive skills..

He does but needs to improve. I love Hall! He should play a lot more. Gabe has shown no offense yet but I hope he has some just getting comfortable.
Hall will absolutely fight you. He got switched on their post guy and the guy was trying to muscle him and Hall stood his ground and didn't give an inch. Very talented and plays extremely hard.

mhuff

Quote from: Poker_hog on February 11, 2018, 05:33:45 pm
As usual the 4 is the weakest link on the team.  Basically they shouldn't touch the ball unless it's a rebound.

Actually a major reason they've lost some games this year is the ball hasn't gone inside to the four, nor have we had the right four in the lineup.  That plus poor defense. Playing better now. Hope we keep it up. Expect to win four out of last six games.

Cinco de Hogo

I remember Sutton always had a 6' 6"-7" stopper and playing defense was about ALL that player did.  The one I remember Best was Skulman from Ozark but he was only one of several that filled that role.  Can anyone name some of the others?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 11, 2018, 09:12:43 pm
I remember Sutton always had a 6' 6"-7" stopper and playing defense was about ALL that player did.  The one I remember Best was Skulman from Ozark but he was only one of several that filled that role.  Can anyone name some of the others?
Jimmy Counce,  Tony Brown ?, Leroy Sutton.  Don't hold me to this.  That was a long time ago.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 11, 2018, 04:24:18 pm

Does it make you wonder why Gabe has not been playing more?  We are getting nothing from
Thomas or Cook who are Seniors so why not let a freshman play who has some up side?

jboler96

Thomas lately has been playing well it seems. Hes been scoring and rebounding decent. But cook doesn't give us much

Wooderson

How much did Gabe play in the second half?  It didn't seem like much.  The starting five from here on out should be Macon, Barford, Hall, Gabe, and Gafford.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Rome26

Quote from: Wooderson on February 12, 2018, 06:51:41 am
How much did Gabe play in the second half?  It didn't seem like much.  The starting five from here on out should be Macon, Barford, Hall, Gabe, and Gafford.

That's probably our best starting lineup

AlmaHog2011

Would be the best starting lineup we can have.

Polecat

I love this group. But can't recall seeing these 5 on the floor at the same time this season
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

urkillnmesmalls

With the way this team plays, isf Osabuohien has the defensive prowess to play face up to the opposition's point guard, then I'm dead serious....play a box in one and have him hound their PG.  Sub in Jones or someone to spell him, but we get absolutely KILLED when we play a team with a quick PG, because he just goes around Gafford and Macon like breaking sticks. 

If we can find a way to neutralize opposing PG's this team will have a much better chance of finishing out the season well. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.