• 392,063 Topics
• 22,138 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Poll

Forget Bama.   They'll be beatable someday but let's be realistic for a 1st year coachin staff.  Other than Bama, what victory would make you buy in?

aTm
- 109 (71.2%)
Aubie
- 25 (16.3%)
LSU
- 10 (6.5%)
Miss St
- 3 (2%)
Ole Miss
- 6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 12:10:21 pm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Impressive 1st season win in the new Morris era  (Read 1749 times)

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Most Impressive 1st season win in the new Morris era
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 08:25:09 am »

Beating Auburn puts  us at 4-0

Also they willlikely be highly ranked. A win over  them would make us the talk of college football football l

rzrbaxfan

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 08:28:51 am »

It's hard to pick between A&M and Auburn.  The losing streak to A&M needs to end, but to add a log to the fire under Gus' seat would be pretty sweet.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 09:19:05 am »

A&M AND Mizzou. We have had the better team the last 2 years but we but we always found a way to serve up the win on a silver platter. That was a staple of Bielema during his time here, I expect different from Morris

masbas3

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:04 am »

I think for me aTm is it.  0-6 needs to end now

Wins will come this upcoming season, maybe not as many as some on here will like, you just can't please everyone.  However, for me the win will be seeing a big change in the LINE play on both sides of the ball, especially the Oline.  If I see big improvement here in just the 1st season it'll be a huge win.

jkstock04

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 09:39:50 am »

Ole Miss. We aren’t beating any of the others except maybe Misstake.

I’ve heard this Aggie bull crap before. “We’ll get em this year! Aggies gon Aggie!” How’d that work out against the average Sumlin year after year? We couldn’t buy a win in Arlington, College Station, or Fayetteville. Now they’ve upgraded coaches to someone more stable and we’re all of a sudden going to beat them? No way. Not with this slow, soft roster.
That’s not what the OP asked. What victory would make you “buy in” to Chad Morris? It was a question...not a homer thread of which top SEC team will we undoubtedly beat.

To the OP, I say as well A&M. If Chad Morris can beat A&M this year there will be a lot of “buying in.” Been a long time since we have beat them.

Make no mistake, this coach doesn’t have the seemingly never ending vacation luxury that Bielema had upon coming here. We will have to have some sort of success this season. A less than 6 win year would be detrimental to his future here...my opinion. Agreed we were every bit of soft and slow under Bielema...that was the culture he built. Let’s see if Chad Morris builds a different culture.

HeathWimp

• AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 12:13:14 pm »

Most impressive win?  I think Vandy is our only shot at a conference win.  So that would be my pick for "most impressive win."  It certainly will not be a shoe-in.  For those saying Colorado State, I don't see us winning that one.

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 02:37:47 pm »

I don't care for this thread as I don't believe they have a buy in game for me to say wow, thats the one.

I expect a team that looks like a team, plays like a team, goes all out with a staff that appears from all angles like they really want to be there and seem into the actual game.  No peering into the distance, no trying to dis-associate ones self from the team, no excuses.  No 3 years to install the offense, no failure to have a second team especially at QB, no failure to condition the players.

I believe if we can actually work and try like a team, wins will take care of themselves.  I expect us to beat teh easiest 6 teams on the schedule this coming season.  If they happen to win more, that doesn't mean I/ve bought in to anything.  It just means I under sold them a bit. 

When we start beating the A&Ms, MOs, MSU, and OMs 2 out of 3 or 3 out of five, then we would be considered back to normal for me.  Thats doable.  Anything above that indicates to me we got coaches that can flat out coach.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS JUST HOW PISSED YOU FELLERS THAT ARE SENDING OLE CHAD A DOZEN ROSES WEEKLY ARE GONNA GET WHEN THAT TAKE NO PRISONERS, REFUSE TO BE DENIED, NEVER LET UP APPROACH THAT OLE CHAD HAS CAUSES US TO CLEARLY LOSE ONE THAT WE CLEARLY HAD IN THE BAG.  WILL THE ROSES DRY UP.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 03:03:00 pm »

I don't care for this thread as I don't believe they have a buy in game for me to say wow, thats the one.

I expect a team that looks like a team, plays like a team, goes all out with a staff that appears from all angles like they really want to be there and seem into the actual game.  No peering into the distance, no trying to dis-associate ones self from the team, no excuses.  No 3 years to install the offense, no failure to have a second team especially at QB, no failure to condition the players.

I believe if we can actually work and try like a team, wins will take care of themselves.  I expect us to beat teh easiest 6 teams on the schedule this coming season.  If they happen to win more, that doesn't mean I/ve bought in to anything.  It just means I under sold them a bit. 

When we start beating the A&Ms, MOs, MSU, and OMs 2 out of 3 or 3 out of five, then we would be considered back to normal for me.  Thats doable.  Anything above that indicates to me we got coaches that can flat out coach.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS JUST HOW PISSED YOU FELLERS THAT ARE SENDING OLE CHAD A DOZEN ROSES WEEKLY ARE GONNA GET WHEN THAT TAKE NO PRISONERS, REFUSE TO BE DENIED, NEVER LET UP APPROACH THAT OLE CHAD HAS CAUSES US TO CLEARLY LOSE ONE THAT WE CLEARLY HAD IN THE BAG.  WILL THE ROSES DRY UP.
Well IF and WHEN that happens I'll determine what my attitude and thoughts are. Until then I'll sit back and watch to see progress, assuming there is, beginning this next season. BTW I will judge the staff's performance, good/bad/some-   where in the middle, based on the ENTIRE body of work, not one particular game. One further thought: If, as you propose, the team plays with a TAKE NO PRISONERS, REFUSE TO BE DENIED, NEVER LET UP APPROACH, and yet still comes up short I can very likely live with that. That's because we've witnessed so little of such over the past five or six years that it would actually be a refreshing change. Besides, if the players and staff really give it everything they have and still lose I can't honestly ask for much more.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 03:20:14 pm »

Gotta go with A&M. It's been such a stumbling block the past few years think finally getting over that hump would go a long way towards fixing the team's psyche. 

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 03:31:21 pm »

Fact: Since they joined the SEC. Obviously a ton of other games have been played over the years so don't make it sound as if we've never beaten those guys. Just for the record the all time series record is 41-30-3, good guys.

Dude my wife extended family is 90% TAMU grads what we did in the SWC vs them was great but I am dying at every family gathering since Bobby Left.

31to6

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:37 pm »

I selected LSU because even under Raw Raw I think they will be a better team, and therefore a better benchmark, than the Aggies in their first year under Fisher.

I think ol Jimbo has no idea what he walked into and has some tough sledding ahead.

Sumlin did not have a very disciplined program. That team may not know how to operate *without* drama...

OLEJACKETFAN

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 03:34:41 pm »

Im going with beating A&M. CM thought he had a shot at that job and never really got considered. Chavis being let go from there should really motivate the D. Im an Older guy and never a good idea to tell an Older Man you no longer need him. Chavis will have something to prove! I am going to this game at AT&T!! While at SMU, CM once said during the summer each Coach or a couple Coaches were given the Task to review different Teams they would play in the FALL. I look for Morris & Chavis to really review 3 Teams together. Auburn, A&M, and LSU!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas