Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema & Co were involved....Morris & Co are committed

Started by twistitup, February 11, 2018, 08:44:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Committed vs Involved

There is a big difference between the two...

No rumors of off the job shenanigans

No You Tube dreams taking away from the task at hand

No Flip Flop and Shorts...instead it's business

No trips to FL for fun but labeled as 'recruiting'....instead it's business

No loud mouth promises - instead Morris is results driven

Less Bluster - More Bust Arse

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

swinemaster

twistitup

ricepig

It's day 63??, they still have time to disappoint us, lol.

twistitup

February 11, 2018, 10:44:41 am #4 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:55:12 am by twistitup
Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2018, 10:23:00 am
It's day 63??, they still have time to disappoint us, lol.

Sure they do...now let's give him the support and fan energy we gave these two characters:

......and hopefully no more quotes like this:

Bielema says he didn't wear a windbreaker for the first time as a HC b/c he wanted to change things up. Sat on other side of the bus, too.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielema-said-arkansas-win-famu/

Al Boarland

Let's revisit this in 5 years. You'll either be right or have a list of things about CCM vs the next guy.

twistitup

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 11, 2018, 12:08:06 pm
Let's revisit this in 5 years. You'll either be right or have a list of things about CCM vs the next guy.

I doubt we post a pic of CMM and say "he was terrible, now let's go back to the hard drinking blowhard... THAT was the right fit. " I can confidently say that won't happen. Sure there will be ups and downs - I expect that.

I look forward to seeing what's going to happen the next 5 years and to seeing if he can keep a staff together - that is what has killed us with CBB - nobody wanted to work for the guy

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

From everything I've heard from folks supposedly "in the know" CBB was one of the nicest, friendliest guys you've ever want to meet. Obviously he had a kinda of "lousy-goosey" attitude around the complex. And while there's nothing necessarily wrong with whatever style or personality a coach wants to assume, whatever that would be had better produce results. We all know the answer to that question.

As long as Bret was our HC I was going to try to do everything I could as a long time fan to support the team, staff and him. I felt I owe(d) that much to them. However, as last year wore on and I saw the lack of results, and more importantly effort, I just felt it was more than time for a change. As time went by, even prior to last year, I developed a feeling that things were not right with the relationship that Bret had with many of his staff (after watching many leave for other jobs), and what I felt was a disconnect between him and the overall program. Not sure if he was truly "all in" when it came to his job and his drive to succeed.

While only time will tell, I have a distinctly different feeling with CCM and this staff. Perhaps it's the natural "newness" of the job and it's potential, however, something feels very much different in a positive way. Feels as if Chad understands the uniqueness of the state's flagship football program and the incredible passion that Hog fans everywhere share. Ultimately it starts and ends with relationships on many levels. That's also accompanied by the clear vision and blueprint of how to strive for excellence and success. At this point I honestly feel we've seen hopeful signs along these lines. The future will hopefully see a much brighter day for all Razorback fans. Lord, if anyone deserves it I would think it would be us.  8)

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 11, 2018, 12:57:08 pm
Now this thread Im with you on.

I'm not being negative in the other thread - just realistic. CCM is a player developer - don't worry so much about stars.

I'm excited about the future...

hawg1221

One thing CBB did that wasn't very smart was to make the program sound better than it actually was. He did this often through the media via interviews, on twitter, and by other means. This really pumps up the fan base, and if you don't live up to those expectations that fan base gets pretty angry.

I've seen a few interviews of Morris and he's not blowing smoke up your rear. He's very positive about the future, but he doesn't sit there and promise the fan anything.

bphi11ips

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 01:01:31 pm
I'm not being negative in the other thread - just realistic. CCM is a player developer - don't worry so much about stars.

The concession threads are funny, but +1 on this one.

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rtr

All a coach can promise is to work hard to recruit and develop a system that puts in you in a position to compete for championships.  You have to make it to the big game first.  Nutt did this in 98 and 06, Petrino in 2010 and 2011. It can be done.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 01:01:31 pm

i didnt think you were. it's more for the audience , my arguments.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

elksnort

Side question.

Does Bielema still live In Fayetteville? Is he going to remain there for awhile?

GuvHog

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on February 11, 2018, 03:54:37 pm
"Best DC in college football is coming?"  :puke:

Sigh...

I would say Chavis is without a doubt the #2 active DC in college football.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Sigh...
Well we don't really know what discussions and with whom CMM had concerning the position. Could very well have been Venables and others (which I wouldn't doubt). All we know is that at this point the Chief is a HUGE upgrade. Count the staff as a major improvement.

twistitup

Sigh...

Top 3-5....no doubt.

While your boy Bert couldn't keep a coach on staff

What happened again to Pitt / Chan?

twistitup

Quote from: elksnort on February 11, 2018, 03:45:15 pm
Side question.

Does Bielema still live In Fayetteville? Is he going to remain there for awhile?

Sold his house and is currently renting is what I was told....he's still around, saw him getting coffee on east side of Fville

Waiting but ready to go...

elksnort

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 04:28:44 pm
Sold his house and is currently renting is what I was told....he's still around, saw him getting coffee on east side of Fville

Just curious. I suppose he will have a tv gig this fall?

247Hog

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 08:44:48 am
Committed vs Involved

+1
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

twistitup

Quote from: elksnort on February 11, 2018, 04:30:26 pm
Just curious. I suppose he will have a tv gig this fall?

Will be interesting. After what happened here...tv might be his best bet. I think it would have been interesting if Bo would have kept the Youtube show going after he was fired. The guy is still living his life - it may have been more interesting to see what he was up to after he got fired. Like following him to interviews, the bar, to get groceries while dealing with ex-fans in the grocery store, etc...

ChitownHawg

Committed vs Involved

CBB said he would give us what we have never had - SEC championship.

CCM says he will bring us championships.

Both had / have high goals. Do expect a new coach to say “Well, I’m probably going to be just a little better than the last guy.”

That’s a bit too long for a recruiting slogan.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgboy64

After his recounting of the 16-0 win over LSU that Coach Bezdek was to have said that the team played:
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs."  This is what I am hoping to get from Morris and his staff.
We may not be the most talented but we go Hog wild every game.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

farmhawg

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 04:27:51 pm
Top 3-5....no doubt.

While your boy Bert couldn't keep a coach on staff

What happened again to Pitt / Chan?
Theresa is still pining for motho.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Arky

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 04:35:53 pm
Will be interesting. After what happened here...tv might be his best bet. I think it would have been interesting if Bo would have kept the Youtube show going after he was fired. The guy is still living his life - it may have been more interesting to see what he was up to after he got fired. Like following him to interviews, the bar, to get groceries while dealing with ex-fans in the grocery store, etc...
agree

twistitup

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 11, 2018, 05:01:15 pm
CBB said he would give us what we have never had - SEC championship.

He said a helluva lot more than that. CBB quotes - that would be a GREAT thread. Just digging up quotes starting at day 1 - wow, epic.

moses_007

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 04:28:44 pm

Doubt he will move until he lands another job somewhere.  I suspect Jeff Long is still in town too.

SPAL

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 07:07:40 pm
He said a helluva lot more than that. CBB quotes - that would be a GREAT thread. Just digging up quotes starting at day 1 - wow, epic.
"I'm happy he got to vent, and hopefully he feels a lot better. As a coach who has been in it for 10 years, I know better than to worry about somebody that's been around for a couple and they're .500. So we'll just go forward.

twistitup

Quote from: moses_007 on February 11, 2018, 07:13:05 pm
I suspect Jeff Long is still in town too.

CBB probably sleeps on his couch when J locks him out.

Dammit Tito

Steef

Guys...he's gone.

I understand malice towards Nutt. He went out of his way to screw us over.

I understand malice towards Bobby. He betrayed us for cheap sex.

But Bret is only guilty of failure.

twistitup

Quote from: Steef on February 11, 2018, 07:25:47 pm

He may have failed at coaching but not life. His bank account is huge and the dude can write a powerful letter...he'll be ok. There is lots of power in the written word...ask Jeff

factchecker

I don't agree with you often but this is a key point.

I tried to buy the line about "recruits love his laid back attitude" but it was hard seeing our million dollar coach always wearing flip flops and shorts when recruits visited.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogFoo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 12:58:35 pm
From everything I've heard from folks supposedly "in the know" CBB was one of the nicest, friendliest guys you've ever want to meet. Obviously he had a kinda of "lousy-goosey" attitude around the complex. And while there's nothing necessarily wrong with whatever style or personality a coach wants to assume, whatever that would be had better produce results. We all know the answer to that question.

As long as Bret was our HC I was going to try to do everything I could as a long time fan to support the team, staff and him. I felt I owe(d) that much to them. However, as last year wore on and I saw the lack of results, and more importantly effort, I just felt it was more than time for a change. As time went by, even prior to last year, I developed a feeling that things were not right with the relationship that Bret had with many of his staff (after watching many leave for other jobs), and what I felt was a disconnect between him and the overall program. Not sure if he was truly "all in" when it came to his job and his drive to succeed.

While only time will tell, I have a distinctly different feeling with CCM and this staff. Perhaps it's the natural "newness" of the job and it's potential, however, something feels very much different in a positive way. Feels as if Chad understands the uniqueness of the state's flagship football program and the incredible passion that Hog fans everywhere share. Ultimately it starts and ends with relationships on many levels. That's also accompanied by the clear vision and blueprint of how to strive for excellence and success. At this point I honestly feel we've seen hopeful signs along these lines. The future will hopefully see a much brighter day for all Razorback fans. Lord, if anyone deserves it I would think it would be us.  8)
i agree with this and felt about the same way with things.  I had heard before the season started that Bielema was in bad shape health wise. I had heard he had even thought about stepping away at rnd og last season due to health reasons. I mean anyone that looked at him could tell. Does anyone remember the game this season where he disnt walk across the field. He like took a knee and couldnt get up or something. Never heard much about it.   Anyways, hes gone. If he had just hired a good OL coach/recruiter, hed probably still be coach tho.  But, Anderson figured hed become drinking buddies with bielema and lock himself in deep. Oh well good riddance. They are gone

Bielema signed a total of 11 defensive players with a 247sports composite rating of 8700 or higher in 5years. Morris has signed 6 of them in only 2 months! That just shows you how pathetic Bielema was!

Morris is just completely opposite of bielema. He is high energy. Bielema was a slug. He played rasta put you to sleep music on loudspeakers.  I dont see morris doing that, if he did itd probably be something like techno dance "sandstorm" haha  I doubt we'll ever hear Morris make some loudmouth remarks either. He'll speak with his actions!  Anyways, long story short. I like the new staff energy. They are gonna make things happen. Watch and see!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hog N Bama

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 10:44:41 am
Sure they do...now let's give him the support and fan energy we gave these two characters:

......and hopefully no more quotes like this:

Bielema says he didn't wear a windbreaker for the first time as a HC b/c he wanted to change things up. Sat on other side of the bus, too.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielema-said-arkansas-win-famu/
CCM looks great in his suits

twistitup

Hog N Bama

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 04:35:53 pm
Yes, when do we see the epilogue?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Guys...he's gone.

Did you see that small recruiting class we signed last week. That's the after effects of Bielema beginning to show themselves. He may be gone, but his impact will still be felt for quite some time
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 12, 2018, 09:33:33 am
Did you see that small recruiting class we signed last week. That's the after effects of Bielema beginning to show themselves. He may be gone, but his impact will still be felt for quite some time

So he should have been running off players who were in good academic shape, but weren't playing?

rljjr

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 12:58:35 pm

Yes!!! There's some sort of collective understanding this new staff has for Arkansas the state, the people, the HS coaches, and the Razorbacks. I'm caught up in the tide of positive energy and I really believe CCM is changing things for the better and that bigger, faster and stronger players are going to start knocking on the door asking to come in.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 09:35:22 am
So he should have been running off players who were in good academic shape, but weren't playing?

Yes, it's football. We need players Rice, players.  If we have really smart guys on the roster that aren't good football players...I have a great idea:

We 'find' them an academic scholarship to continue their education.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 12, 2018, 12:45:32 pm
Yes, it's football. We need players Rice, players.  If we have really smart guys on the roster that aren't good football players...I have a great idea:

We 'find' them an academic scholarship to continue their education.

What if they want to play football? You thought they were good football players when you offered them a 4 year scholarship, didn't you?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2018, 12:49:15 pm
What if they want to play football? You thought they were good football players when you offered them a 4 year scholarship, didn't you?

It should be a one year scholarship - renewed each year depending on improvement / playing time / etc...

...but if it's a 4 year ride, hook'em up with in intramural squad - kind of the reverse of what Nutt did.

Put their name and picture on the newly created Wall of Effort.... this wall will fill the gap on the N. Side of the stadium. These days a major apology is necessary too. So....we say 'we apologzie' CBB evaluated you incorrectly, but you are one smart lil devil and we will cover your classes til you graduate as long as you keep a 3.0 or above

hogsanity

BB was involved. When he took the job he went out and in short order put together a good class his 1st year ( Kirkland, Skipper, AC just to name a few )
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 12, 2018, 09:33:33 am

Umm, he did red shirt 13 players last year, you only have 25 scholarships every year if you have a lot of attrition. They only had 17 or 18 available because very few players BB signed left early.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Guys...he's gone.

EPIC FAILURE
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Remember that Bret told his veterans last season before fall practice that he would not Red Shirt any freshman who He believed could help the team this past season.  I felt that was a warning to all that if you could play, you would play.  I also didn't see that as necessary.  I always believed you should play the players, ON THE TEAM, that were best suited to go win games.  To have the HC offer that up as something new and different surprised me.

It seems strange to me that Bret would sell his house and then rent back in the same location.  Hell you can rent anywhere, anytime.  Instead of standing in the crater of the exploded bomb, why not move on. 

Steef

ChitownHawg

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 07:07:40 pm

Let's see - one was here five years and the other not even five months. Of course, you have more quotes. But you cast a red herring to hide the fact your OP failed. Coaches say crap to get the fan base excited.

He is gone now so enjoy watching CCM rebuild. I know I am.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 07:32:45 pm
He may have failed at coaching but not life. His bank account is huge and the dude can write a powerful letter...he'll be ok. There is lots of power in the written word...ask Jeff

So your real issue is jealousy of his money. Interesting.

HognitiveDissonance

I'm not going to pile on Bret Bielema. Great guy, class representative of the program.
He wasn't the greatest coach in the world, and didn't win enough games.

I like Chad Morris a lot, but I really don't care what he's saying right now.
I'll judge his results over the coming years.