Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice win, but....

Started by Sidvicious, February 11, 2018, 08:31:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidvicious

A tournament team will go to Ole Miss and take care of business. Will we?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Sidvicious on February 11, 2018, 08:31:14 am

Not always true.  Even if we don't win we will still be a tournament team.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hobhog

The schedule has set up perfectly for us. No excuses from here on out- if we are going to make the NCAA it has to start with some solid wins and we will have several chances.

k.c.hawg

They definitely need to saddle up and go play a good game at Ole Miss. At this point of the season if you are going to get anything accomplished you have to get past laying eggs.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Letsroll1200

Can we enjoy nice things and leave your but out of it

BoarEd

The goal posts always shift with negahogs. A couple weeks back when Arkansas was winning close games they were pissed Arkansas wasn't blowing teams out, and now that they've gotten back to blowing teams out they are shifting the posts again to find something to complain about. They literally cannot help themselves.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 11, 2018, 10:01:27 am

That is not for certain. We legimately could lose the last 6 games. None are even close to lock wins. Alabama and Missouri will blow us out on the road. Mediocre Mike was blown out by LSU at home, so a&m, Kentucky, and Auburn could all be losses as well.

I actually feel best about Kentucky out of the remaining 6 games.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 11, 2018, 10:51:15 am
That is not for certain. We legimately could lose the last 6 games. None are even close to lock wins. Alabama and Missouri will blow us out on the road. Mediocre Mike was blown out by LSU at home, so a&m, Kentucky, and Auburn could all be losses as well.

Zero chance we lose 6 in a row. I do agree that any of those six can beat us. But losing 6 in a row won't happen.

Arazorbackguy1

So, Florida..
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Letsroll1200

jjdlc

We are playing better right now, the roster shakeup that Anderson has pulled the past few games has brought some life back to the team, but there is a long way to go yet.  Besides, with the potential this team showed early, just making the tournament isn't enough.

hawg1221

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 11, 2018, 10:01:27 am

Well if you listen to the talking heads, we're on the bubble right now. This team can't afford to relax.

TexHog188

We can and should beat Kentucky in Bud Walton.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 11, 2018, 11:31:47 am
Well if you listen to the talking heads, we're on the bubble right now. This team can't afford to relax.
Actually, they do need to relax in order to play their best, which is what it's going to take.

hogwildjoshua

I might get called a troll and a hater for saying this, but if we don't win at ole miss we don't deserve to be in the tourney...PERIOD

HognotinMemphis

Ole Miss will beat the Hogs by 15, at least.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 11, 2018, 11:49:40 am
damn Memphis... I didn't expect this from you. I think we win by 2-3 points. But a late bad call could swing that their way by the same margin.
I predict, like always in Ole Miss,  it'll be a very rough game. Gafford will be bruised and battered at the end of this one. He may even get a T.... Going to need good effort outta Trey and Dustin.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pumbaa

Florida and Bama didn't. Both probably in. Miss St didn't and they are knocking on the door as well. Not great logic here. Hope we win and I suspect a relatively close game. But lose and we aren't out of consideration for March.

BigBlueHell

Quote from: King Kong on February 11, 2018, 10:56:19 am
Zero chance we lose 6 in a row. I do agree that any of those six can beat us. But losing 6 in a row won't happen.

And who thought we would go 2-14 in conference play in the 08-09 season with that team?  This team could easily drop all six in a row.  I'm with Iceman, I feel most comfortable with the UK game.  And that's still not a comfortable feeling.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

Sidvicious

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 11:48:56 am
I might get called a troll and a hater for saying this, but if we don't win at ole miss we don't deserve to be in the tourney...PERIOD
Exactly....it's time to put up or shut up on the road.

HogBreath

The fast forty will squash their rebellion. 

If you see Coach Mike grappling with their bear, it will be the bear who needs help.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

raz1965

Ole miss is not a easy win on the road for any team, all be it they have lost several games, they didn't roll over for anybody. The hogs will have to play well too win , this is a huge game, a win would certainly get the hogs off the bubble. A loss would not put us out of the tourney, but the pressure would mount. I believe the hogs are ready to pull off the win on the road.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HogBreath on February 11, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
The fast forty will squash their rebellion. 

If you see Coach Mike grappling with their bear, it will be the bear who needs help.

Hogville has been helping the bear for a while now.

Hogs up! Covid down!

HiggiePiggy

We can also win them all.  I'm betting on finishing at least 9-9 if not 10-8 in conference. 

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: raz1965 on February 11, 2018, 12:47:32 pm
Ole miss is not a easy win on the road for any team, all be it they have lost several games, they didn't roll over for anybody. The hogs will have to play well too win , this is a huge game, a win would certainly get the hogs off the bubble. A loss would not put us out of the tourney, but the pressure would mount. I believe the hogs are ready to pull off the win on the road.

I expect a war every game from here out. Some great Hog teams didn't get it done in Oxford over the years, hoping this year's bunch can get it done.

Randohoggie

Like Florida did?  Like Alabama did?

Randohoggie

Alabama, Florida and MSU lost there, so they are out.  Florida also lost at Vanderbilt, who is even worse, so they are doubly out.  Alabama lost at Vandy too, so ...

LSU, do they still have a shot to get in?  Nope, lost at Vandy.  TCU?  Nope, lost at Vandy.  St. Mary's lost at Georgia.  They are out too.  Kentucky lost at South Carolina.  Get them out.

Villanova lost at 13-13 St. John's, so they don't deserve to be in.  Texas Tech lost by 18 at 13-11 Iowa State.  Sorry, Tech.  Auburn lost at Temple.  GTFO, Auburn, not deserving.  Gonzaga lost at San Diego State.  Can we even fill the full tournament bracket?

Should I go on or do you realize how foolish what you are saying is?

PonderinHog

Are we gonna be national champions by default since we beat Vandy ???

Don't get me wrong.  I'll take it!

Mjs84

All the people on here replying to you are already trying to defend the Loss!  Too funny...

Mjs84

Oh that's just racist!

mhuff

We can't afford to go into any game thinking we are an automatic winner. That's how teams get beat. We have to play like our tournament life depends on it. We do have to win some road games.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Mjs84 on February 11, 2018, 08:40:39 pm
All the people on here replying to you are already trying to defend the Loss!  Too funny...

No they are just saying his post is extremely stupid. Which it is. 

greenEGnHAWGS

As long as we play like we did when we were up by 17 points at the 7 minute mark last game, we should fine, right?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

golfinpig

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 11, 2018, 09:12:54 pm
No they are just saying his post is extremely stupid. Which it is.
Not a stupid post. I wouldn't say we are out with a loss but it would make it an uphill climb. LSU and BAMA are more than likely road losses. That means to go 3-3 we would have to beat Kentucky and Auburn.

nwahogfan1

I agree.  We need to get a Road win to secure a spot in the NCAAT plus we need to win 2 out of 3 of these games at home.  A&M, UK or Auburn.

sowmonella

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 11, 2018, 11:49:40 am

So your giving 15? I bet you get a few takers.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorbackchamps94

Nope .. cause it's a road game

jabber71

That is not for certain. We legitimately could lose the last 6 games. None are even close to lock wins. Alabama and Missouri will blow us out on the road. Mediocre Mike was blown out by LSU at home, so a&m, Kentucky, and Auburn could all be losses as well.

We legitimately could win the last 6 games. None are even close to lock loses.

"Mediocre Mike" sounds like a nickname Trump would come up with. It keeps popping up and if that's how you feel so be it, but mediocre is defined as: ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish.

If 18k is willing to come away from their TV's, pay their ticket price and watch the game in person, I doubt they view the team as ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish.

Can you imagine 18k people would pay to see ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish basketball?
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

ShadowHawg

Like Florida did?