Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis getting ejected for a block that he got all ball.

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 10, 2018, 10:39:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

That was a pretty horrible call.
He may have gotten his arm AFTER blocking the ball - shouldn't have even been a foul much less led to an ejection from the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

arkansas1994

OMG this is a mans league, as much as the refs let them get away with, this is a joke

maxhog5

Not sure why they called it flagrant, but saying he got all ball and didn't foul him is idiotic.  He hammered his right arm.

alohawg

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 10, 2018, 11:27:33 pm
Not sure why they called it flagrant, but saying he got all ball and didn't foul him is idiotic.  He hammered his right arm.

He did not hammer his right arm. If you watch closely, the block was clean and he powered thru. The size and strength difference just made it look bad for the smaller man. Shaq could tell you about that.
In fact, I wouldn't even call it a foul, but I can see how someone too young to remember before they pussified the league might think so.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hogsanity

That is what I thought, it was the contact on the arm that flipped the guy over. Definitely not a flagrant, but also definitely not clean either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Vantage 8 dude

I'd suggest you have your vision check immediately. Any contact with his arm came AFTER the shot was blocked cleanly. And as for a flagrant foul.......total and complete farce.

hog.goblin

Definitely a foul.  He clips his arm low near the shoulder and turns his whole body. But his hand also cleanly got the ball.  No bad intent, nothing flagrant about it.

TomasPistola

a Foul? Sure. Flagrant? No. Just a bunch of euro flopping crap making the hit look worse than it was. I could see Steve Nash doing something like this.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Sharky

Quote from: alohawg on February 10, 2018, 11:44:40 pm
He did not hammer his right arm. If you watch closely, the block was clean and he powered thru. The size and strength difference just made it look bad for the smaller man. Shaq could tell you about that.
In fact, I wouldn't even call it a foul, but I can see how someone too young to remember before they pussified the league might think so.

He hits arm before ball. Hard. Shouldn't have been ejected but if you don't think that was a foul, you are either blind or delusional or just outright lying to yourself and everyone else. It was clearly a hard found and clearly it was not all ball.

c-townfan

Doesn't matter if contact was made on the arm as it was after he cleanly contacted the ball. Following through on a block is not a foul ever. Getting ejected for a clean foul is why the NBA continues its downward slide.... along with this super team crap going on.

snoot hoggy hog

The one thing I did notice was not one Wizard player got in Bobby's face. I say this because the Wizards are fake tough guys flashing gang signs and trying to fight all the time. I wonder why?

masbas3

Quote from: hoglady on February 10, 2018, 10:43:36 pm
That was a pretty horrible call.
He may have gotten his arm AFTER blocking the ball - shouldn't have even been a foul much less led to an ejection from the game.

Look, I love Portis as much as anyone on here and I keep up with every game he plays, but saying that was not a foul is ridiculous.  Sure, this is the NBA and their rules allow elite players to take 5 steps without dribbling the ball, palming the ball, double dribbling, players camping out in the lane for the whole possesion, etc,.  To foul someone in the NBA, you have to be a fan of the fake wrestling, I can't remember what league it's called these days, but you catch my drift.  You really have to stronger somebody to foul a guy,  and Bobby did foul this guy, was it flagrant?  Heck no!  But a foul none the less.

TNhawgfan

One of the comments on this Twitter link is I wonder if Bobby will be treated this unfairly from now on? Fair question to ask
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

swineology

LA Football fan

Quote from: swineology on February 11, 2018, 08:41:30 am
Sadly not one player on our team has the BP fire.
All Arkansas

Give em hell Bobby!

Yeah it  was flagrant and he deserved ejection.  You flip somebody like that  you are getting ejected everytime.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 11, 2018, 09:18:32 am
Yeah it  was flagrant and he deserved ejection.  You flip somebody like that  you are getting ejected everytime.
LOL
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

swineology

LOLOLOLOL

Razorback_Mack

Two words for the guy that got flipped....WEIGHT ROOM

Grumpypenguin

That was just a good strong foul. Was obviously going for the ball but got a little bit of arm. Should be nothing more than a common foul

hobhog

What happened afterwards? Any pushing and shoving? If players didn't get bowed up I thnk that says a lot.

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

The_Iceman

These puhssies today wouldn't survive in the 80s and 90s NBA.

3of5-2

Pre All Star Game strong play. He will think twice about challenging BP at the rim again, and so will a few others. BP is setting the tone for the rest of the young Bulls. Yes it was a foul, but not worthy of an ejection. BP would have fit in nicely with the Bulls/Pistons years.

Beaverfever

Blows my mind that they called that a flagrant 2.  And people bemoan the lack of defense in basketball nowadays. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 11, 2018, 10:45:02 am
Pre All Star Game strong play. He will think twice about challenging BP at the rim again, and so will a few others. BP is setting the tone for the rest of the young Bulls. Yes it was a foul, but not worthy of an ejection. BP would have fit in nicely with the Bulls/Pistons years.
Yeah the guy was having a great game and had already thrown down a monstrous dunk earlier in the game.  Two minutes left in a relatively close game and he wants to have himself another dunk party ON THE ROAD.  Portis wasn't having it.  They used to call that playing with pride. 

PORKULATOR

He got him a little on the elbow so that's a common foul. If you don't want to come down hard don't go climbing with the trees.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BannerMountainMan

alohawg

Quote from: Sharky on February 11, 2018, 01:48:04 am
He hits before ball. Hard. Shouldn't have been ejected but if you don't think that was a foul, you are either blind or delusional or just outright lying to yourself and everyone else. It was clearly a hard found and clearly it was not all ball.

Their biceps met near the same time that Bobby got all ball so I guess you could argue that, but to say before and hard? No, Bobby is just considerably bigger, as that little female dog found out.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 11, 2018, 10:44:06 am

The emasculated millennial No Balls Allowed league.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawgball40

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 11, 2018, 01:02:13 pm
https://twitter.com/codywesterlund/status/962545462665535488 What a joke
Look, Jodie went to Kentucky. These Kentuckys have hog envy, they would do Anything to help railroad a former razorback. He wouldn't say squat to Portis face.

snoot hoggy hog

pigture perfect

I love Bobby Portis. That's how you keep from getting posterized. No way was that a flagrant 2.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 11, 2018, 10:44:06 am

I would love to see some of the teams today play against the Bad Boys of Detroit - they would have a tough time with Laimbeer or Mahorn.

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on February 11, 2018, 07:10:57 pm
I would love to see some of the teams today play against the Bad Boys of Detroit - they would have a tough time with Laimbeer or Mahorn.

Yep, you can bet bron bron would think twice after meeting them boys in the lane.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Cotton

"All Ball" hahaha FOH

Flip a guy in the air in the NBA and it will be a Flagrant 1 everyday and twice on Sundays.

The force and result makes it a F-1. I do agree it shouldn't have been called a F-2.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

alohawg

Quote from: Cotton on February 12, 2018, 08:43:52 am
"All Ball" hahaha FOH

Flip a guy in the air in the NBA and it will be a Flagrant 1 everyday and twice on Sundays.

The force and result makes it a F-1. I do agree it shouldn't have been called a F-2.

Bobby clearly went for a clean block and got it. It's not his fault the guy is so much smaller and never should've tried that garbage to begin with.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

cityhog

Foul? Probably (but not in the 80's). Flag 2? Nope. Not even close.

hogsanity

Quote from: c-townfan on February 11, 2018, 01:48:05 am
Following through on a block is not a foul ever.

So you go for a block and your follow through smashes the guy in the face, that is ok?

razobak

Quote from: hogsanity on February 12, 2018, 03:47:24 pm
So you go for a block and your follow through smashes the guy in the face, that is ok?

You go for a block, your hand gets all ball, the player whose shot you just blocked has forward momentum that causes your arm to hit his, this momentum also causes him to do a half-assed back flip and land on his ass, and you get a straight-up ejection F2 foul, is that ok?
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

Cotton

Quote from: alohawg on February 12, 2018, 03:30:55 pm
Bobby clearly went for a clean block and got it. It's not his fault the guy is so much smaller and never should've tried that garbage to begin with.
Look buddy, I'm a huge BP fan but that wasn't even close to a clean block. I've watched the replay 8 times now and he gets arm before he makes contact with the ball, and he used excessive force in doing so and flipped the guy.

Quote from: razobak on February 12, 2018, 03:58:27 pm
You go for a block, your hand gets all ball, the player whose shot you just blocked has forward momentum that causes your arm to hit his, this momentum also causes him to do a half-assed back flip and land on his ass, and you get a straight-up ejection F2 foul, is that ok?
He made contact before he got the ball and he raked through the guy.  Same as undercutting a guy going for a layup.  It's a vulnerable position and the force could badly injure the athlete. 
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hogsanity

Quote from: razobak on February 12, 2018, 03:58:27 pm

I already said it should not have been a F1 or F2. But it was a foul.