Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blackout and PK80 uniforms for Kentucky game

Started by bolo1010, February 19, 2018, 10:15:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bolo1010

I know the players and the majority of fans want this to happen.  I think it would pretty damn awesome myself and those uniforms we wore for  that tournament were straight fire.  I know it doesn't matter what we wear as long as we win but I think It's a good idea.   What say you fellow hog fans?   Yay or nay?

Big Porker

Dwight_K_Shrute

Blackout it fine for the fans.  For uniforms stick with what you have been wearing during the streak.  Don't mess with a streak.  I have worn the same pullover for the last 4 games and have not washed it either. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rtr

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 19, 2018, 11:11:29 am
Blackout it fine for the fans.  For uniforms stick with what you have been wearing during the streak.  Don't mess with a streak.  I have worn the same pullover for the last 4 games and have not washed it either. 
I agree, do not change a thing.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

The_Iceman

Why not a "white-out", since our home unis are white.

Also, with the dark lighting, it reminds Kentucky of the 19,000 fans we have in the Arena.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 11:19:29 am

Also, with the dark lighting, it reminds Kentucky of the 19,000 fans we have in the Arena.

This. Should be a fun night. (Hopefully.)

greenEGnHAWGS

I wouldn't mind seeing them do something. They need to have high energy (I know...jerseys shouldn't be the main factor of high energy for this game) but these would help get em pumped.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HeyHogs

McKdaddy

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 19, 2018, 12:06:55 pm
No thank you.

Agreed, I stubbornly wear red to all Hog games, regardless of any color-out. -1 to me.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

rogersvillemohog

I think we should do a "We're playing Kentucky in the Basketball Palace of Mid-America and don't need a gimmick" out. I mean seriously, just show the hell up, be loud, wear red, or white, or black, or camo... JUST DON'T WEAR BLUE! We don't need a blackout to get up for Kentucky. This is Bud Walton Arena, the place where opponents hopes and dreams come to die.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

SemperHawg

Put me in the camp of wanting to do whatever best supports the players... If they want to do a black out, then I will be supportive and wear black.

1highhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 19, 2018, 11:11:29 am

Yep, never mess with streaks.  I've been wearing the same underwear now throughout our current winning streak, and they are streaked a plenty.  But I dare not change them because as soon as I do I know the Hogs will lose.

cityhog

So I was fortunate enough to have some VERY very good seats for the TAMU game which gave me access to some areas of the arena the average fan does not see. What I liked best in the hallways were all these quotes from opposing coaches about BWA being the hardest play in America/the SEC to play. It would be nice to see those quotes in the main fan areas to remind the crowd of their role and ho important they are to the atmosphere and that the intimidation factor is real. I know we know it, but seeing it in print was a powerful reminder.

razorhead94

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 11:19:29 am

Agree with white-out.

I love the PK80 uniforms but might could save those for SEC Tournament?
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 19, 2018, 03:57:22 pm
Agree with white-out.

I love the PK80 uniforms but might could save those for SEC Tournament?
90% sure they were exclusive to the pk80 Tourney. Now we still have the anthracite I guess we could pull out.

razorback1829

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on February 19, 2018, 05:57:49 pm
90% sure they were exclusive to the pk80 Tourney. Now we still have the anthracite I guess we could pull out.

Other participates of the Pk80 have worn theirs again.

hawgball40

i actually liked the pk80 uni's. wouldn't mind to see us bust em back out.

popcornhog

Quote from: bolo1010 on February 19, 2018, 10:15:56 am
I know the players and the majority of fans want this to happen.  I think it would pretty damn awesome myself and those uniforms we wore for  that tournament were straight fire.  I know it doesn't matter what we wear as long as we win but I think It's a good idea.   What say you fellow hog fans?   Yay or nay?

Whatever. Just win.
WPS

razorhead94

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on February 19, 2018, 05:57:49 pm

Florida wore theirs during the Big12SEC challenge
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

CPL HOG

I thought the PK80 uni's looked like practice jerseys.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: CPL HOG on February 20, 2018, 07:45:42 am
I thought the PK80 uni's looked like practice jerseys.
I didn't like them at 1st, but they've grown on me. That style of jersey is what all manufacturers are starting to go towards, even for the NBA
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jkincaid

All I know id Mike better be wearing the red blazer tonight.

Some Nolan snake skin boots would be even sweeter.....WPS

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 19, 2018, 08:34:50 pm
Florida wore theirs during the Big12SEC challenge

Interesting. I guess I misheard someone say they wouldn't be used elsewhere.