Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking at the remaining schedule

Started by HogFansReunited, February 10, 2018, 08:51:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

Looking at the remaining schedule, we should go no worse than 4-3.  That would put us at 20-11 overall and 9-9 in the SEC.  I think this would make us a bubble team depending on how we do in the SEC Tournament.

Here is our remaining schedule:
Vanderbilt at home on 2/10 @ 7:30 PM,  We should win this game

At Ole Miss on 2/13 @ 6:00 PM,  Even though this is an away game, Ole Miss isn't good at all and we should win

Texas A&M at home on 2/17 @ 3:00 PM.  Tough game but we should win

#24 UK at home on 2/20 @ 8:00 PM,  Another tough game but Kentucky is over rated this year, we should win at home.

At Alabama on 2/24 @ 5:00 PM,  I have us losing this game but it is a game that we could win.

#8 Auburn at home on 2/27 @ 8:00 PM,  I have us losing this game as well but I do think Auburn is a little over rated and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we upset them.

At Missouri on 3/3 @ 5:00 PM,  This is a game that we need to win but for some reason I feel like we will lose away from home.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 08:51:11 am
Looking at the remaining schedule, we should go no worse than 4-3.  That would put us at 20-11 overall and 9-9 in the SEC.  I think this would make us a bubble team depending on how we do in the SEC Tournament.

Here is our remaining schedule:
Vanderbilt at home on 2/10 @ 7:30 PM,  We should win this game

At Ole Miss on 2/13 @ 6:00 PM,  Even though this is an away game, Ole Miss isn't good at all and we should win

Texas A&M at home on 2/17 @ 3:00 PM.  Tough game but we should win

#24 UK at home on 2/20 @ 8:00 PM,  Another tough game but Kentucky is over rated this year, we should win at home.

At Alabama on 2/24 @ 5:00 PM,  I have us losing this game but it is a game that we could win.

#8 Auburn at home on 2/27 @ 8:00 PM,  I have us losing this game as well but I do think Auburn is a little over rated and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we upset them.

At Missouri on 3/3 @ 5:00 PM,  This is a game that we need to win but for some reason I feel like we will lose away from home.

Win this one and find a way to go 3 and 3...

Kevin

Whoopi .500 conference in year 7 with 6 seniors.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 10, 2018, 08:59:32 am
Win this one and find a way to go 3 and 3...

The next two are must wins IMO.  We win those two then find a way to win two of the last five.  If we can't do that, we don't deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament.  Every game left is winnable so we just need to take care of business.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2018, 09:08:44 am

Oh, I'm not saying I am happy with how the season has gone.  We should have won at least 4 of the games that we lost this year.  Just by winning the 4 that we should have won, we would be at 20 wins already and in the top 25.

Member #3568

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2018, 09:08:44 am

not the players fault they have a mediocre coach at the helm

GlassofSwine

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 09:14:09 am
Oh, I'm not saying I am happy with how the season has gone.  We should have won at least 4 of the games that we lost this year.  Just by winning the 4 that we should have won, we would be at 20 wins already and in the top 25.

Were not that good and the SEC is tough.  Arkansas should have beat LSU at home, otherwise it's hard to really complain. That game would put us tied for 4th with Kentucky, etc. It would have been nice to beat Miss. State on the road but seriously where are the other games we should have won? You really think this team should be 9-2 in conference and tied with Auburn? We would be Top 15 with that record. Did anyone really think this team is that good heading into the season?

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 10, 2018, 10:43:32 am
Were not that good and the SEC is tough.  Arkansas should have beat LSU at home, otherwise it's hard to really complain. That game would put us tied for 4th with Kentucky, etc. It would have been nice to beat Miss. State on the road but seriously where are the other games we should have won? You really think this team should be 9-2 in conference and tied with Auburn? We would be Top 15 with that record. Did anyone really think this team is that good heading into the season?

Nope I knew when we hit SEC play the superior coaching would take care of its self.  Some Hog fans just can't accept the truth...this team is A-V-E-A-R-A-G-E and not G-O-O-D.  Not necessarily bad...just not GOOD like some Kool-Aid drinkers believe.  We are still under .500 in the SEC last I checked  :puke:

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 10:50:15 am
Nope I knew when we hit SEC play the superior coaching would take care of its self.  Some Hog fans just can't accept the truth...this team is A-V-E-A-R-A-G-E and not G-O-O-D.  Not necessarily bad...just not GOOD like some Kool-Aid drinkers believe.  We are still under .500 in the SEC last I checked  :puke:
31st RPI out of over 300 teams is average? Wow, what an ignorant concept.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 10:52:15 am
31st RPI out of over 300 teams is average? Wow, what an ignorant concept.

Lol and still a bubble team.  RPI is the most flawed measurement in college basketball...that's why people are starting to use the KenPom and BPI. 

you obviously haven't watched this team at all in SEC play.  They are not very good.  They are just very average.  Ignorant Kool-Aid drinker.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:06:33 am
Lol and still a bubble team.  RPI is the most flawed measurement in college basketball...that's why people are starting to use the KenPom and BPI. 

you obviously haven't watched this team at all in SEC play.  They are not very good.  They are just very average.  Ignorant Kool-Aid drinker.
You moron there are only 36 at large bids after the AQ's. Of course a team around 30 is on the bubble. Some of you people know nothing about college basketball.

The team has struggled at times but unlike you losers I'm a fan of the team. I don't troll message boards dogging our team and our coach.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 11:12:41 am
You moron there are only 36 at large bids after the AQ's. Of course a team around 30 is on the bubble. Some of you people know nothing about college basketball.

The team has struggled at times but unlike you losers I'm a fan of the team. I don't troll message boards dogging our team and our coach.

LOL you don't know how to READ.  Stupid Hog fans man.  Like I SAID ABOUT TWICE NOW.  THIS TEAM IS NOT BAD.  LET ME REPEAT THAT:

THIS
TEAM
IS
NOT
BAD.

I'm legit pissed off right now that you are so stupid.  I'm going to shut up now because you aren't worth my time.  I LOVE OUR PLAYERS.  I STRONGLY DISLIKE OUR COACH.  These players deserve better than what they have.  And I have every right to say that MORON. 

Have a good day  8)

razorback1829

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:16:31 am
LOL you don't know how to READ.  Stupid Hog fans man.  Like I SAID ABOUT TWICE NOW.  THIS TEAM IS NOT BAD.  LET ME REPEAT THAT:

THIS
TEAM
IS
NOT
BAD.

I'm legit pissed off right now that you are so stupid.  I'm going to shut up now because you aren't worth my time.  I LOVE OUR PLAYERS.  I STRONGLY DISLIKE OUR COACH.  These players deserve better than what they have.  And I have every right to say that MORON. 

Have a good day  8)

At least you showed your true ignorant colors. Good day sir.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 10, 2018, 11:19:59 am
At least you showed your true ignorant colors. Good day sir.

Lol some of you people are full idiot and may have something wrong with you.  Hope you get it checked.  Good day sir ;D

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:16:31 am

THIS
TEAM
IS
NOT
BAD.

Have a good day  8)
Wow, you're so stupid. Hahahahahahaha

31 RPI

43 BPI

47 Ken Pom

351 eligible teams

By your definition that= AVERAGE
By your definition that= Not Bad (What a compliment)

Get a dictionary and learn what words mean before you use them moron.

MikePiazza

hogwildjoshua was on the selection committee for 20 years after being a college coach for 30 years before that, eventually retiring to post on Jump Ball. He knows that RPI is a flawed metric that has no relevance and that the committee only looks at BPI and KenPom.

He has a host of candidates that would be better than MA, including but not limited to, Tom Crean, Seth Greenberg, Larry Eustachy and Buzz Williams.

Until one of those guys is on the Hill, this team won't be good. Quit drinking the red Kool-Aid, Hog fans, and switch to the piss-colored lemonade.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:22:46 am
Lol some of you people are full idiot and may have something wrong with you.  Hope you get it checked.  Good day sir ;D
31st out of 351 is average?

That's how so incredibly stupid you are.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 10, 2018, 11:29:38 am
hogwildjoshua was on the selection committee for 20 years after being a college coach for 30 years before that, eventually retiring to post on Jump Ball. He knows that RPI is a flawed metric that has no relevance and that the committee only looks at BPI and KenPom.

He has a host of candidates that would be better than MA, including but not limited to, Tom Crean, Seth Greenberg, Larry Eustachy and Buzz Williams.

Until one of those guys is on the Hill, this team won't be good. Quit drinking the red Kool-Aid, Hog fans, and switch to the piss-colored lemonade.
I almost asked the moron a minute ago to show me where the selection committee uses kenpom and BPI over RPI. He's too stupid to even understand that so I passed on it.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 11:31:48 am
I almost asked the moron a minute ago to show me where the selection committee uses kenpom and BPI over RPI. He's too stupid to even understand that so I passed on it.

Love how our fanbase turns on each other.  Makes me ashamed to be a Hog fan  :puke:

Can't ever have a different opinion anymore in this country without people getting offended about me calling my own team average.  If you think this team is going to make it out of the first round of the NCAAT with their current play, you are drinking the kool-aid

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:35:11 am
Love how our fanbase turns on each other.  Makes me ashamed to be a Hog fan  :puke:

Can't ever have a different opinion anymore in this country without people getting offended about me calling my own team average.  If you think this team is going to make it out of the first round of the NCAAT with their current play, you are drinking the kool-aid

An average team makes the Sweet 16 every year.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 10, 2018, 10:43:32 am

We should have beat LSU in both games, Houston, and Miss St.

Member #3568

MikePiazza

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 11:45:26 am

In terms of coming into the game, we were favored and should have won, or had the games won and blew them? We were never in the LSU home game or the Houston game. They blew the MSU game and they could've come back and won at LSU but couldn't get consecutive stops.

hogwildjoshua

Would have, should have, could have.  We can't change that and that is why we are in the position we are in.  It's unfortunate but I think our talented seniors can overcome the coaching and get some wins.

Razorback_Mack

You didn't offend me. I don't even know who you are. You made some very ignorant comments and are still making them.

Average teams rarely even get at large bids imo.  About 30 P5 teams make the tournament every year. There are about 64 P5 teams total. How can we be in the top half of the best teams from the best conferences and be average? Not that P5 in college basketball means anything but a two year old can see my point.

GlassofSwine

I think your expectations for this team are too high. Best case scenario this team should be 18-6(7-4). Look at all the close wins we have(5 wins by 4 points or less)  and then realize we could also easily be 11-13(1-10).

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 11:49:43 am
Would have, should have, could have.  We can't change that and that is why we are in the position we are in.  It's unfortunate but I think our talented seniors can overcome the coaching and get some wins.
We were blown out in most of those games. We're in the position that we're in cause we won almost every close game that we've had.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 10, 2018, 11:49:24 am
In terms of coming into the game, we were favored and should have won, or had the games won and blew them? We were never in the LSU home game or the Houston game. They blew the MSU game and they could've come back and won at LSU but couldn't get consecutive stops.

We are the more talented team.  I honestly don't know if it is coaching or if the players lack will sometimes.  Those four games are all games that we should have won though.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I will say that even I know the difference in the games and that is movement away from the ball.  Sometimes the entire team sits around and watches whoever has the ball, other games the entire team is moving and rotating around.  When the team is moving, they win and usually win easily.

Member #3568

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 12:09:47 pm
We are the more talented team.  I honestly don't know if it is coaching or if the players lack will sometimes.  Those four games are all games that we should have won though.
It doesn't always go according to talent, especially on the road. If it did, Kentucky would be undefeated and cutting down the nets every year. Duke and UNC would always be 1 seeds and make the final four every year. Every team drops games they should've won and picks up games that they shouldn't have. SURELY you understand that.

Dominicanhog

where is all this talent? a couple of guards and a raw freshman center does not make us the most talented.. MSU has more talent than us, imo, and not sure we are any better than LSU...

GlassofSwine

We have no one to defend a point guard like Tremont Waters, I think LSU would beat us 7 out of 10 times this year. We match up terrible with them.

rljjr

That's not true. You went WAY over the line calling people morons and stupid. You may have points for your argument but you're out of line with how you treat people. That alone nullifies your argument because you stir people up with incendiary language and attitude and they focus on that. It's counterproductive to your argument.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 10, 2018, 12:22:38 pm
We have no one to defend a point guard like Tremont Waters, I think LSU would beat us 7 out of 10 times this year. We match up terrible with them.

I disagree, we have someone that matches up well on him but he is young and did not play.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 10, 2018, 12:22:02 pm
where is all this talent? a couple of guards and a raw freshman center does not make us the most talented.. MSU has more talent than us, imo, and not sure we are any better than LSU...

MSU isn't close to as talented as the hogs but we decided to play lets stand around and watch whoever has the ball instead of moving while on offence against them.

Member #3568

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 12:30:19 pm
MSU isn't close to as talented as the hogs but we decided to play lets stand around and watch whoever has the ball instead of moving while on offence against them.

again, who are all these talented players besides the 2 Guards? 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 12:28:22 pm
I disagree, we have someone that matches up well on him but he is young and did not play.

Who, Hall or someone else? If it's Hall, he played in both LSU games, avg of 19 minutes a game. He is a good defender but a liability on offense and our defense switches on most screens. The way we play it would be easy for LSU to get him into a mismatch.

hogsanity

I love the " OM is no very good at all " yet the Hogs had to survive them in BWA, and gave up 93 to them, but they are supposed to go win at Oxford? They might, but as the Hogs have shown it does not matter if the opponent is very good or not. They lost to LSU TWICE.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 10, 2018, 10:32:57 am
not the players fault they have a mediocre coach at the helm

I think the players should know by now that with said coach, it's on them to rise above the coaching.

Hoggish1

I don't see more than two wins and the Olems game could go either way.  Beating UK, TAMU, AL and Mizzou will be very difficult.  I hope I'm wrong!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 10, 2018, 04:46:27 pm
I don't see more than two wins and the Olems game could go either way.  Beating UK, TAMU, AL and Mizzou will be very difficult.  I hope I'm wrong!
Don't worry, you are.

Atlhogfan1

Hogs in with 4 more wins.  Should get 1 tonight.  And OM is on a real slide. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2018, 04:50:14 pm
Hogs in with 4 more wins.  Should get 1 tonight.  And OM is on a real slide. 

LSu had lost 5 of 6 before they beat the Hogs last week.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorbackchamps94

They will lose to Ole Miss,Bama, and Mizzou

hogsanity

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on February 10, 2018, 07:04:44 pm
They will lose to Ole Miss,Bama, and Mizzou

Losing to Bama and Mizzu would not be horrible, losing to OM would be. Losing all 3 isnt the end if they hold serve at home.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 10, 2018, 12:30:19 pm

Q. Weatherspoon   4 Star
N. Weatherspoon   4 Star (it seems like one of the recruiting services had him ranked as a 5 Star)
Wright   4 Star
Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star

We are basically just Barford, Macon, and Gafford.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 10, 2018, 09:55:36 pm
Q. Weatherspoon   4 Star
N. Weatherspoon   4 Star (it seems like one of the recruiting services had him ranked as a 5 Star)
Wright   4 Star
Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star

Those pesky facts...

sadhogfan

6 games left...if we go 3-3, we will be in.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 10, 2018, 09:55:36 pm
Q. Weatherspoon   4 Star
Wright   4 Star
Peters   4 Star
Carter   4 Star
Holman   4 Star
Ado   4 Star

Gafford 4 star
Barford 4 star
Macon 4 star
Cook 4 star
Beard 4 star

If you watched the game or any basketball at all, you know we are the more talented team.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Anyway, we have won 2 of the games that we need to win. Have to find a way to win at least 2 more to close out the season.

Member #3568