Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Red

Started by twistitup, January 31, 2018, 06:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

We are the Razorbacks and Big Red is a Pepsi Product....I mean, C'mon

Let's get some Big Red in the house next year. I know - white T Shirts are shaking with fear - but it just has to be done.

I loved Big Red as a kid and now that Pepsi has taken control of our carbonated beverage selection....it's the least they can
do.

What liquor does Big Red mix good with?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bphi11ips

Your best idea yet.

Does Chambord come in airplane bottles?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IronMountainHog

January 31, 2018, 07:34:01 am #2 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:53:27 am by IronMountainHog
Stupid idea. Nebraska is the Big Red, OU also is. Mountain Dew Code Red baby.

HogbillyinFL

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 31, 2018, 07:34:01 am
Stupid idea. Nebraska is the Big Red, OU also is. Mountain Dee Code Red baby.

Reggie? Is that you?

sowmonella

Quote from: twistitup on January 31, 2018, 06:11:37 am

Let's get some Big Red in the house next year. I know - white T Shirts are shaking with fear - but it just has to be done.

I loved Big Red as a kid and now that Pepsi has taken control of our carbonated beverage selection....it's the least they can
do.

I prefer rum but vodka works.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

twistitup

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 31, 2018, 07:34:01 am
Stupid idea. Nebraska is the Big Red, OU also is. Mountain Dew Code Red baby.

Piss on 'em...We Are Arkansas

Sec Sec Sec

010HogFan

Big Red >>> Mountain Dew Code Red

RME

Do you get a complimentary stick of Big Red gum with each Big Red soda?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

I Am Smart

do.

Hennessy
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Busta_Nutt

Thanks for clearing this up @DeltaBoy.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

do.

Fireball
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

IronMountainHog

Hey Jabroni's. We are Cardinal, not red. The only red we sport is when you buy a cheap shirt at Walmart. Code Red is going to Neyland Stadium and banging on their locker room door asking you to come out on the field for an azz kicking.

26.2Hog

Back in the early sixties, our first string was named "Big Red", second team was called "Wild Hogs", and third team was called "Thunderin' Third". 

So yeah, there is some Big Red in the hogs history. 

RME

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 31, 2018, 10:21:20 am
Hey Jabroni's. We are Cardinal, not red. The only red we sport is when you buy a cheap shirt at Walmart. Code Red is going to Neyland Stadium and banging on their locker room door asking you to come out on the field for an azz kicking.

Isn't our mascot literally named "Big Red?"

I Am Smart

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 10:32:11 am

Now that you mention it, that sounds right!!!!!

steveaustin69

#notmymascot

Boss Hog is my mascot

26.2Hog

I think they call the current one Tusk, but I sure remember when he was called Big Red.

Helluva lot better than Big Cardinal.

Piggfoot

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 10:35:17 am
Now that you mention it, that sounds right!!!!!
How about TUSK!
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RME

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 31, 2018, 10:37:31 am
I think they call the current one Tusk, but I sure remember when he was called Big Red.

Helluva lot better than Big Cardinal.

Oh yeah, the live one is Tusk absolutely. I meant the dude in the costume that runs around during games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Red_(University_of_Arkansas)

I Am Smart

I Am Smart

Cinco de Hogo

Big Red, only if we are Razorbacks, pigs can't do Big Red.  That's like a white boy trying to dance! 

RME

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 31, 2018, 11:21:06 am
Big Red, only if we are Razorbacks, pigs can't do Big Red.  That's like a white boy trying to dance!

Not this again.

twistitup

The Big Red Hooter...sounds good to me!

http://www.1001cocktails.com/recipes/mixed-drinks/100810/cocktail-big-red-hooter.html

1 oz tequila
- 1/4 oz amaretto
- 1/4 oz apple juice
- 1 oz grenadine syrup

I Am Smart

A razorback is a pig though....

Busta_Nutt

Michael Jackson was white and he was, arguably, the best dancer of all time.

jethro

I remember when it was real.  From a small boy to this bottle, I had some whenever I could talk dad into buying it.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

redeye

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 31, 2018, 10:21:20 am

Cardinal is a shade of red, so it still works.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 10:38:51 am
Oh yeah, the live one is Tusk absolutely. I meant the dude in the costume that runs around during games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Red_(University_of_Arkansas)

Not all are dudes. PC has even taken over mascots.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on January 31, 2018, 11:33:29 am
The Big Red Hooter...sounds good to me!

http://www.1001cocktails.com/recipes/mixed-drinks/100810/cocktail-big-red-hooter.html

1 oz tequila
- 1/4 oz amaretto
- 1/4 oz apple juice
- 1 oz grenadine syrup

That's not enough Tequila.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pigture perfect

Quote from: redeye on January 31, 2018, 12:07:28 pm
Cardinal is a shade of red, so it still works.
correct! That's why we have a spring Red and White game.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Busta_Nutt

redeye

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 31, 2018, 12:13:02 pm
correct! That's why we have a spring Red and White game.

And why the team in your avatar is referred to as the Redbirds...  ;D

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:10:07 pm
Not all are dudes. PC has even taken over mascots.

Was he referring to a non-male mascot?

Thanks for sharing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:32:08 pm
Was he referring to a non-male mascot?

Thanks for sharing.

You realize we have more costumed mascots than Big Red. Heck I remember one year when the person in the Big Red costume was a female.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:44:36 pm
You realize we have more costumed mascots than Big Red. Heck I remember one year when the person in the Big Red costume was a female.

The conclusions you infer truly amaze me every day. Your brain has to be the wildest place in all of Arkansas.

Most people wearing the mascot costumes are female; have you not noticed how small Big Red is?

I Am Smart

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:49:11 pm
The conclusions you infer truly amaze me every day. Your brain has to be the wildest place in all of Arkansas.

Most people wearing the mascot costumes are female; have you not noticed how small Big Red is?

Pork chop is a little person

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:49:11 pm

It has a big head full of air...............Kind of like yours. Llighten up Francis. If you can't tell when someone is obviously kidding around then your brain is not wild, it's dead.

LZH

Ego enlightened us on Mountain Dew earlier, maybe we could mix up a batch of both?

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:52:31 pm
It has a big head full oaf air...............Kind of like yours. Llighten up Francis. If you can't tell when someone is obviously kidding around then your brain is not wild, it's dead.

That's Boss Hog......,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,...

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:52:31 pm
It has a big head full oaf air...............Kind of like yours. Llighten up Francis. If you can't tell when someone is obviously kidding around then your brain is not wild, it's dead.

Lady, you're scarin us

RME

Quote from: LZH on January 31, 2018, 12:52:49 pm
Ego enlightened us on Mountain Dew earlier, maybe we could mix up a batch of both?

I'd gladly be a taste-tester should that ever happen!

LZH

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 12:54:54 pm

Send me a sample, er, quart.....

I Am Smart

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 31, 2018, 12:54:54 pm

Sounds like Inhogs been drinking it

rljjr

do.

Tito's

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:54:05 pm
That's Boss Hog......,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,.........,...

Not the one I was posting about. How big do you think the person inside Big Reds costume is. I promise there is more air in it than the the persons head.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 12:58:24 pm
Sounds like Inhogs was Jim Jones' kool aid taste tester

I've been here a lot longer than you and probably will outlast you. I don't drink koolaid.

Inhogswetrust