Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Else Watch . . .

Started by TeufelHog, January 27, 2018, 10:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl?  Same old, same old out of Austin Allen.  Williams had some good hard runs though.

SkeeterHawg

Austin Allen voted top QB, David Williams voted top RB
Way to represent

kodiakisland

QuoteQuarterbacks struggled with multiple batted balls in each game. Of the 11 quarterbacks who played in Saturday's two games, the one who had perhaps the best day was Arkansas' Austin Allen.

The 6-1, 209-pound Allen showed some elusiveness in the pocket during the NFLPA Bowl and was accurate while going 6 of 9 for 75 yards. He made good decisions and completed several NFL throws.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-watch-east-west-shrine-nflpa-bowl-evaluations/1gg97hssfdy1j1h0bgcx5zdlr2
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

M L (bassplayer)

I saw the camera on coach Martz and Allen before the second half with Martz trying to talk some sense into him "Why would you do that", chewing his butt about some of his decisions in the first half. I was having flashbacks.

Kc-Razor

Quote from: M L (bassplayer) on January 28, 2018, 07:01:39 am
I saw the camera on coach Martz and Allen before the second half with Martz trying to talk some sense into him "Why would you do that", chewing his butt about some of his decisions in the first half. I was having flashbacks.

Yep, looks like he was having a terrible day. Those must have been some TERRIBLE flashbacks!

"Quarterbacks struggled with multiple batted balls in each game. Of the 11 quarterbacks who played in Saturday's two games, the one who had perhaps the best day was Arkansas' Austin Allen.
The 6-1, 209-pound Allen showed some elusiveness in the pocket during the NFLPA Bowl and was accurate while going 6 of 9 for 75 yards. He made good decisions and completed several NFL throws."

lakecityhog

Just a couple of dads with sore butts of Ba and AA kicking the crap out of their kids in high school. Time to get over it! This old crap of the Allen brothers being terrible QB's has gotten very old, especially when their after college careers proves otherwise!

Atlhogfan1

Wish we had Williams for his entire college career. He went to the wrong program.  Hope does well in the NFL. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 28, 2018, 01:35:54 pm
Wish we had Williams for his entire college career. He went to the wrong program.  Hope does well in the NFL.
I second this!
He will do well because he knows how to use his blockers.

Flrazrback

Good for Austin and David. They got some good work in, maybe got a few looks from pro scouts and won the ball game.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 27, 2018, 10:32:15 pm
. . . the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl?  Same old, same old out of Austin Allen.  Williams had some good hard runs though.

This sounded like you meant this negatively, but this thread says otherwise. Good for AA.

As for D Williams, maybe one reason he tended to look better than our other backs—his veteran experience. He had seen more than all our other backs combined. So he was able to make the most out of our up-and-down line and often dysfunctional offense. I definitely think he can play in the League.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TeufelHog

I did mean it negatively.  If you watched him play yesterday it was the same problems he had here all year long.  I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, but you could see he was still "gun-shy" in this game from all the punishment he took over the course of this past year.  Still held the ball too long when passing.  Watch the game and you will see it.

Athog

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 27, 2018, 10:32:15 pm

Certainly nobody else shares your view!

factchecker

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 28, 2018, 10:01:12 pm
I did mean it negatively.  If you watched him play yesterday it was the same problems he had here all year long.  I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, but you could see he was still "gun-shy" in this game from all the punishment he took over the course of this past year.  Still held the ball too long when passing.  Watch the game and you will see it.

I guess the NFL combine feels differently than you:

https://twitter.com/MastrolePassing/status/958057964488798211

QuoteFired up for Arkansas QB @austinallen8 #NFL combine invite. Well deserved.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TeufelHog

I'll say it again . . . watch the game.  Make your own judgement.  You will find yourself reliving the frustration of every game of last season.  He played in the first half only and he didn't have much competition at QB from either team.  So in comparison to them,  maybe he did seem like a rock star.  OBTW, how many points did he lead his team to?  That would be zero.

TeufelHog

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/why-id-take-allen-nfl-draft-2018/

"Unfortunately for Allen, he didn't get off to the best start in terms of quieting those concerns. In the 2018 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, he completed 6-of-9 passes for 75 yards, but he took 4 sacks in limited reps. In practice throughout the week, the opposing defensive coordinator yelled, "that's a sack!" whenever Allen held onto the ball too long. That simply has to improve if Allen wants to make an NFL roster."

Hogindasticks