Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Message from Hunter Yurachek

Started by sowmonella, January 25, 2018, 03:07:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 10:04:57 am
+1. Made me chuckle.

Ya know, the classic Little Rock Swedish gang families...the Johansson gang...the Larsson gang...the Nilsson gang...

Pretty brutal organizations. Trucks beware.
Thank God we ran the Ericsson's out.  That Sony money finally ran out.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hogginbama

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 25, 2018, 03:53:16 pm
I like that he confirmed that he stadium renovation is on schedule and budget. I'm ready to see this team and see what this coaching staff can do.

By confirming the renovation is on schedule and on budget he also revealed that many on hogville were wrong about Jeff Long. How many on here said he was lying about the budget of the renovation and it was grossly over the budget? Many even pointed to this as a reason he was let go and credited "secret sources" for their info. Looks like many who claim to be "in the know" have no idea what they are talking about and simply like to spread lies and such to discredit the reputations of others.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

ricepig

Quote from: J-Five on January 26, 2018, 10:06:43 am

How many showed up for last year's spring game (In Fayetteville)?  I'd be willing to wager that it was less than 55K...

Would you now??? Since it was cancelled due to the storms, I doubt 500 was there......

Cotton

Quote from: J-Five on January 26, 2018, 10:06:43 am

How many showed up for last year's spring game (In Fayetteville)?  I'd be willing to wager that it was less than 55K...
I'll bet you less than 55K show up this year.  ;)

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

J-Five

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 26, 2018, 08:57:06 am
At least game's at midday before it gets dark and can get out of there before my truck gets vandaled like last time there

Yep, because Little Rock, AR is the ONLY place in the United States where vandalism occurs...LOL.  Sorry about your truck...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

J-Five

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2018, 10:08:33 am
Would you now??? Since it was cancelled due to the storms, I doubt 500 was there......

WINNER WINNER!!!  You caught my pun...atta boy.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Cinco de Hogo

I like it, but the GSD is still on until LR puts some money into their talk(in the stadium).  If I were the AD I wouldn't give an inch in that.

little pigee

Quote from: thebignasty on January 25, 2018, 06:44:04 pm
Time for LR to put up or shut up.  Need to fill WMS for the spring game this year.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

GuvHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 26, 2018, 10:15:10 am
I like it, but the GSD is still on until LR puts some money into their talk(in the stadium).  If I were the AD I wouldn’t give an inch in that.

The AD doesn't have a say in that nor does the city of Little Rock. The stadium is owned by the state.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin

Quote from: hogginbama on January 26, 2018, 10:08:14 am
By confirming the renovation is on schedule and on budget he also revealed that many on hogville were wrong about Jeff Long. How many on here said he was lying about the budget of the renovation and it was grossly over the budget? Many even pointed to this as a reason he was let go and credited "secret sources" for their info. Looks like many who claim to be "in the know" have no idea what they are talking about and simply like to spread lies and such to discredit the reputations of others.

do you think he would tell the public if it was not going on schedule & budget
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Grizzlyfan

We played the entire home season around the construction.  Sometimes with crowds of 70,000.  This decision didn't have anything to do with construction.  Yurachek has decided that his emphasis is going to be sucking up to little rock.  Or as Bo put it yesterday, "giving a hug to the rest of the state".

My question, does any other major college program have to "hug" the rest of the state outside of their campus city?  does anyone else have to buy the attention of their state with a crappy game?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: GuvHog on January 26, 2018, 10:26:28 am
The AD doesn't have a say in that nor does the city of Little Rock. The stadium is owned by the state.

Sure they do, i'm Pretty sure Hunter will have a opinion and will let it be known and LR probably has just about 100% influence over anything done or not done to the stadium...I know I(the rest of the state)don't.

GuvHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 26, 2018, 10:48:20 am
Sure they do, i’m Pretty sure Hunter will have a opinion and will let it be known and LR probably has just about 100% influence over anything done or not done to the stadium...I know I(the rest of the state)don’t.

Well, the U of A did donate $500,000 to WMS for the new press box so the school does have an investment in it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 10:28:07 am
do you think he would tell the public if it was not going on schedule & budget

It's a report to the board, so you think he would lie to them?

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2018, 11:19:05 am
It's a report to the board, so you think he would lie to them?

I don't trust anyone, when it is that kind of money, being spend by an organization. like our gov't
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Cotton

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 11:29:29 am
I don't trust anyone, when it is that kind of money, being spend by an organization. like our gov't
Keep that Tinfoil hat on Kev, they're coming for ya

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 11:29:29 am

Well, don't leave your basement.....

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 09:13:45 am
Can you clarify this for me? Or at least translate this Wikipedia page so I know what it means for a truck to get vandaled?

https://br.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandaled

Spell check gets me.  Anyway....

I'll be at game. Can't wait for football.

Mjs84

Transparency at the highest level?  I don't believe my eyes.

Kevin

Quote from: Cotton on January 26, 2018, 12:01:18 pm
Keep that Tinfoil hat on Kev, they're coming for ya

Just keep trusting everything they tell you

cityhog

So the whole narrative that Long had mismanaged the stadium upgrade and it was over budget and behind schedule was what? Fake news? Congrats hog fans. We did it! It's 1997 al over again and the PTB are firmly back in charge.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: cityhog on January 26, 2018, 01:15:29 pm
So the whole narrative that Long had mismanaged the stadium upgrade and it was over budget and behind schedule was what? Fake news? Congrats hog fans. We did it! It's 1997 al over again and the PTB are firmly back in charge.

LOL, I ain't gonna argue with you nor am I gonna to wear that tinfoil hat!  After 40+ years of this saga the proof is in the doing!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: cityhog on January 26, 2018, 01:15:29 pm

And I am very thankful that they are. Your so called PTBs care more about this program than all you FAKE Hogfans put together. Hopefully your AD for life gets another job and you can follow him.

cityhog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 26, 2018, 01:32:27 pm
And I am very thankful that they are. Your so called PTBs care more about this program than all you FAKE Hogfans put together. Hopefully your AD for life gets another job and you can follow him.

Problem with the PTBs are that they care more about their ACCESS to the program than the actual program. They don't like having their toys taken from them because that means the program might progress beyond the 1960s.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 26, 2018, 01:05:01 pm
Transparency at the highest level?  I don't believe my eyes.

Open them up..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 26, 2018, 10:42:35 am
We played the entire home season around the construction.  Sometimes with crowds of 70,000.  This decision didn't have anything to do with construction.  Yurachek has decided that his emphasis is going to be sucking up to little rock.  Or as Bo put it yesterday, "giving a hug to the rest of the state".

My question, does any other major college program have to "hug" the rest of the state outside of their campus city?  does anyone else have to buy the attention of their state with a crappy game?
Good grief!! ::) It's a SPRING GAME, not an entire season or even a regular season one. So why get in up in arms because of one practice ??? I have to ask: is this a prime example of your typical overreaction to inconsequential events ??? I'd really hate to see what you'd do/how you'd react if it was something really important.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 26, 2018, 01:43:53 pm
Good grief!! ::) It's a SPRING GAME, not an entire season or even a regular season one. So why get in up in arms because of one practice ??? I have to ask: is this a prime example of your typical overreaction to inconsequential events ??? I'd really hate to see what you'd do/how you'd react if it was something really important.
Yeah, pretty typical.  don't cross me!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 26, 2018, 01:43:53 pm
But seriously though, I really don't care where the game is played.  I haven't attended a spring game in years.

But my questions remain.

Michael D Huff AIA

I felt exactly the same way.  It's just another way to dogpile on top of Long whether it's accurate or not.  The presentation that floated around this board in the past couple of days, and the memo from the AD should serve as the final word on the finances concerning the expansion.

I've been around dozens of construction projects in my 20 years in architecture, and I can say with a great deal of confidence that a project of this magnitude would not get built without a Guaranteed Maximum (GMax) as part of the construction contract.  It's too large and too costly a project to not get that guaranteed up front.  It takes away the variations in the price of materials given that they can change several times during the time the construction project takes place, and puts a lid on 'overruns'.  There aren't any and can't be any unless the owner changes the design during construction or an unforseen condition is discovered, usually in an underground condition.  Our project was a demolition and rebuild; the conditions were known.  Should UA decide that they want it completed earlier, the contractor has the right to charge more to run a third shift of workers which would add cost.  That isn't happening with this project either because the end date (opening weekend next season) was the end date all along.  It was bid into the GMax.

That's enough on that. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 26, 2018, 03:39:24 pm
I felt exactly the same way.  It's just another way to dogpile on top of Long whether it's accurate or not.  The presentation that floated around this board in the past couple of days, and the memo from the AD should serve as the final word on the finances concerning the expansion.

I've been around dozens of construction projects in my 20 years in architecture, and I can say with a great deal of confidence that a project of this magnitude would not get built without a Guaranteed Maximum (GMax) as part of the construction contract.  It's too large and too costly a project to not get that guaranteed up front.  It takes away the variations in the price of materials given that they can change several times during the time the construction project takes place, and puts a lid on 'overruns'.  There aren't any and can't be any unless the owner changes the design during construction or an unforseen condition is discovered, usually in an underground condition.  Our project was a demolition and rebuild; the conditions were known.  Should UA decide that they want it completed earlier, the contractor has the right to charge more to run a third shift of workers which would add cost.  That isn't happening with this project either because the end date (opening weekend next season) was the end date all along.  It was bid into the GMax.

That's enough on that.

There were different camps, a few, very few talked about cost overruns but I think most focused on sales.  Since The ones in that camp got what they wanted I doubt you ever hear anything else about it.

Mike Irwin

No question there were some longtime boosters pushing this notion. Several talked to me about it. I did pass along what they were saying while pointing out that associate AD Kevin Trainor was denying it. Some of what was being said was at a time before Bielema was fired or after he was fired but before Morris was hired. They appeared to have a legitimate concern with the way attendance fell off for the last three home games.

With Morris getting hired and especially with the energy he and his staff have shown in recruiting there's no question they're going to get an attendance boost in year one as opposed to the disaster that could have developed if Bielema had been retained.

However there are still a few boosters out there who continue to say that the NEZ project could end up being a problem. Mostly they're asking the question, what if this hire doesn't work out?

To me it's one of those issues that won't be resolved until a few years down the road when we'll be able to see if there's a problem with the debt service. However I will agree with those who point out that this has happened in the past and the alarmists turned out to be wrong.

There was a guy in university administration who tried to block the construction of Bud Walton Arena because he said Nolan's program might go downhill in a few years and the university might be stuck with a giant arena that it couldn't pay for. Of course Frank was in charge in those days and Frank promptly got the guy fired.  ;D

Cotton

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 01:05:43 pm
Just keep trusting everything they tell you
Who is they?? Are THEY coming for me too??  ::)

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BroyledNutts

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 10:04:57 am
+1. Made me chuckle.

Ya know, the classic Little Rock Swedish gang families...the Johansson gang...the Larsson gang...the Nilsson gang...

Pretty brutal organizations. Trucks beware.

Don't make me slap you guys with a Herring ...

Casey, how the hell did you come up with that from what the AD said.  Wake the hell up.

HogPharmer

Quote from: thebignasty on January 25, 2018, 09:37:32 pm

Depends on my work schedule.  If I find myself able to get down to LR and enjoy the spring game and an afternoon in LR, I certainly will.  Would've been the same answer if it was in Fayetteville, too.   

If having the spring game in the rock is what it takes to heal the fan base, I'm glad for it.

Yet divisive comments like this one:

Quote from: thebignasty on January 25, 2018, 06:44:04 pm
Time for LR to put up or shut up.  Need to fill WMS for the spring game this year.

are what keeps the fan base divided.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Cargill A. BullHog

I just don't understand.  Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about games in LR, now we're practicing in LR?  I also thought WMS was unsafe and to be condemned?  Think they could play in that fancy new stadium at NLR Ole Main? 
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

By trying to listen concerning the add on to the stadium.  I think the price went up early on due to several factors, mostly due to changes from the original design.  I don't know this but that usually happens on large projects.  I assure you I worried about Long being in charge of anything after watching him handle a few hires.  Often, if you can't manage some of the more important chores you are in control of, you can't manage other things.  I never said he didn't but did offer that was a concern of mine.  I still suspect the final 160 million is up considerable from the original price offered starting out.  However, if the folks paying the bills is happy than so am I. 

Inhogswetrust

January 26, 2018, 06:08:41 pm #87 Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:20:21 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 03:45:56 pm
No question there were some longtime boosters pushing this notion. Several talked to me about it. I did pass along what they were saying while pointing out that associate AD Kevin Trainor was denying it. Some of what was being said was at a time before Bielema was fired or after he was fired but before Morris was hired. They appeared to have a legitimate concern with the way attendance fell off for the last three home games.

With Morris getting hired and especially with the energy he and his staff have shown in recruiting there's no question they're going to get an attendance boost in year one as opposed to the disaster that could have developed if Bielema had been retained.

However there are still a few boosters out there who continue to say that the NEZ project could end up being a problem. Mostly they're asking the question, what if this hire doesn't work out?

To me it's one of those issues that won't be resolved until a few years down the road when we'll be able to see if there's a problem with the debt service. However I will agree with those who point out that this has happened in the past and the alarmists turned out to be wrong.

There was a guy in university administration who tried to block the construction of Bud Walton Arena because he said Nolan's program might go downhill in a few years and the university might be stuck with a giant arena that it couldn't pay for. Of course Frank was in charge in those days and Frank promptly got the guy fired.  ;D

No doubt IF Bret had been retained then attendance and season ticket sales would have dropped. That simply is common sense with the record he had. I know my wife was already starting to wonder why we kept getting season tickets before last year and she loves going to the games. I was going to have a hard time convincing her to buy again for this coming season. I might have had to go by myself. The interesting thing is boosters obviously have made good money or they couldn't afford to be a booster so they should know that in ANY industry hiring is not always a 100% proven science.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Its my opinion that we are starting to see some of the Southern Hospitality many on here crave.  An AD that is trying to calm us down and wants us to at least THINK he is a good ole boy.  And I bet Rice is correct in that Fayetteville gets a scrimmage this Spring.  This staff understands Southern Hospitality.  There is absolutely no problem with that Northern way of handling things and as much as I didn't want Bret as HC, I never saw anything he did wrong from a Hospitality point of view.  I have spent much time UP NORTH and those folks are really fine, down to Earth good people who just don't handle many things like we do.  I would bet we seem just as screwed up to them as they often do to us.

I immediately fell better hearing from the AD even though I understand nothing has changed and the offerings may or may not actually be the entire facts.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 12247 on January 26, 2018, 06:11:49 pm
Its my opinion that we are starting to see some of the Southern Hospitality many on here crave.  An AD that is trying to calm us down and wants us to at least THINK he is a good ole boy.  And I bet Rice is correct in that Fayetteville gets a scrimmage this Spring.  This staff understands Southern Hospitality.  There is absolutely no problem with that Northern way of handling things and as much as I didn't want Bret as HC, I never saw anything he did wrong from a Hospitality point of view.  I have spent much time UP NORTH and those folks are really fine, down to Earth good people who just don't handle many things like we do.  I would bet we seem just as screwed up to them as they often do to us.

I immediately fell better hearing from the AD even though I understand nothing has changed and the offerings may or may not actually be the entire facts.

My thought is IF you are hearing a lot and as much from the AD as we did with Long then that is a red flag some things aren't right.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 05:54:42 pm
I just don't understand.  Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about games in LR, now we're practicing in LR?  I also thought WMS was unsafe and to be condemned?  Think they could play in that fancy new stadium at NLR Ole Main?
Several years ago they improved the locker rooms and addressed some structural issues. This was before the new press box was built. I've heard nothing to indicate that WMS is unsafe.

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 06:23:48 pm
Several years ago they improved the locker rooms and addressed some structural issues. This was before the new press box was built. I've heard nothing to indicate that WMS is unsafe.

thank you Mr. Irwin.  Another name I recognize and trust.  So is playing this practice game in LR a tryout to move games back?  I was kind of hoping we had gotten past that and play all our games in our big stadium.  thank you again sir

For years, the Hog Fans were known as some of the best in the Nation.  We followed the Hogs, went to the Bowl games in droves, Usually got a Bowl invite above what one should expect based on record and strength of team.  The entire State was totally behind the Hogs.  We might fight among ourselves but no one outside of the State need say anything negative about the Hogs unless he was ready to take on the entire State.  Those games in Little Rock assisted in that loyalty.  It was a way to show respect to the far away places in state.  I would hope the State sees fit to upgrade WMS and the University sees fit to keep pitching a few bones their way.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 06:26:22 pm
thank you Mr. Irwin.  Another name I recognize and trust.  So is playing this practice game in LR a tryout to move games back?  I was kind of hoping we had gotten past that and play all our games in our big stadium.  thank you again sir
When I was first told that Jeff Long was going to be fired I also heard that the WMS game would continue past the current contract. Supposedly at least every other year it would be an SEC game. This was before Morris was hired and the thinking by some was that Jerryworld game needed to go away.

Attendance had dropped for that game and the two schools (especially A&M) could make more money by playing at home. So if Arkansas no longer played that game in Arlington every other year there would be an extra home game which could go to LR. It wouldn't be A&M. Probably Ole Miss one year, Mississippi State the next.

However there is the possibility with Morris' ties to Stephen and Jerry Jones that he will want to continue playing the Aggies in Arlington. No word on how that would affect SEC games at WMS.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 06:57:57 pm
When I was first told that Jeff Long was going to be fired I also heard that the WMS game would continue past the current contract. Supposedly at least every other year it would be an SEC game. This was before Morris was hired and the thinking by some was that Jerryworld game needed to go away.

Attendance had dropped for that game and the two schools (especially A&M) could make more money by playing at home. So if Arkansas no longer played that game in Arlington every other year there would be an extra home game which could go to LR. It wouldn't be A&M. Probably Ole Miss one year, Mississippi State the next.

However there is the possibility with Morris' ties to Stephen and Jerry Jones that he will want to continue playing the Aggies in Arlington. No word on how that would affect SEC games at WMS.

Arkansas makes about $3.5m at Jerry's World, they would have to do double that at home, not sure if they do. I think the contract will be played out through 2024 as structured, after that, possibly.

Cargill A. BullHog

As much as I love Mr. Jones and his Cowboys, Im just always concerned when college athletes play on pro fields.  Just way too many temptations in places like the locker room.  I can just imagine our Hogs in a North Dallas Forty type of situation down there.  We don't need any negative press, its hard enough to get over the hump because of how small we are.  But theres really not anything I can do about it if theres a contract.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2018, 07:21:55 pm
Arkansas makes about $3.5m at Jerry's World, they would have to do double that at home, not sure if they do. I think the contract will be played out through 2024 as structured, after that, possibly.
The original contract called for 5 million for each school. But yes it's actually around 3 and a half so if you consider that with a home and home arrangement every other year you'd get nothing it would take 7 million to break even. However with the new suites and boxes there is a real need to give those people as much bang for their buck as possible. Maybe that was part of their thinking.

What I heard was not written in stone. It was just some high dollar boosters explaining to me how and why the WMS contract would be extended. They could be full of it but these are two of the same people who told me Long was out two weeks before it happened.

Atlhogfan1

When are the renovations starting at WMS?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 08:07:43 pm
The original contract called for 5 million for each school. But yes it's actually around 3 and a half so if you consider that with a home and home arrangement every other year you'd get nothing it would take 7 million to break even. However with the new suites and boxes there is a real need to give those people as much bang for their buck as possible. Maybe that was part of their thinking.

What I heard was not written in stone. It was just some high dollar boosters explaining to me how and why the WMS contract would be extended. They could be full of it but these are two of the same people who told me Long was out two weeks before it happened.

Oh, I agree that it's going to take 7 games at RRS to make the suites/loge boxes/club seating "palatable" at these prices. I also agree with the thinking that 8 games may be 1 to many for the average fan in season ticket costs/expenses. I'm not sure if Arlington or LR will prevail, or both.

LZH

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 26, 2018, 08:57:06 am
At least game's at midday before it gets dark and can get out of there before my truck gets vandaled like last time there

Sorry, that was me. I had no choice, it was a gang initiation....right after that I got beat in.