Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs will go 8-4 to finish the season.

Started by BigNasty, January 20, 2018, 10:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty

January 20, 2018, 10:31:13 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:37:47 am by BigNasty
I think we finish 8-4 over the next 12 games.

@Georgia- L.   RESULT: W
OSU- W.  RESULT: W
@A&M- L.  RESULT: L
@LSU- W. RESULT: L
USC-E- W. RESULT: W
Vandy- W. RESULT: W
@Ole miss- W.  RESULT: W
A&M- W.  RESULT: W
UK- L. RESULT: L
@Bama- L. RESULT: W
Auburn - W. RESULT: W
@Mizzou- W. RESULT: L

I think we will be a 5 seed in the SEC, and go 2-1 in the SEC tourney to finish 23-11.

With our strength of schedule and this record, I think we'll be in that 7-9 seed range....hopefully a 7.  What do you think?

ParkerSchnabel

For some reason I think we might pull out the Georgia game. I know its one of those no way road games we usually can't manage. Just a feeling. OSU ? Umm probably not. Here's how I see it.

Georgia W
OSU      L
Aggies   W
LSU       L
USC      W
Vandy   W
Ole M    L
Aggie   W
UK       W
Bama   L
Auburn L
Mizz     W

So about 7-5 down the stretch. I can see 2-1 in the SEC tourney. Not sure where that puts us overall. Just my best guess.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 11:02:13 pm
For some reason I think we might pull out the Georgia game. I know its one of those no way road games we usually can't manage. Just a feeling. OSU ? Umm probably not. Here's how I see it.

Georgia W
OSU      L
Aggies   W
LSU       L
USC      W
Vandy   W
Ole M    L
Aggie   W
UK       W
Bama   L
Auburn L
Mizz     W

So about 7-5 down the stretch. I can see 2-1 in the SEC tourney. Not sure where that puts us overall. Just my best guess.
OSU is at home
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsanity

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 11:02:13 pm

Georgia W
OSU      L
Aggies   W
LSU       L
USC      W
Vandy   W
Ole M    L
Aggie   W
UK       W
Bama   L
Auburn L
Mizz     W

that would probably put them in as a 8 or 9 seed.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ParkerSchnabel

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2018, 11:20:07 pm
that would probably put them in as a 8 or 9 seed.

That sucks. I really thought we would be better than that earlier in the year. Conference play has gotten really strong though. I can only hope that it will make us really tough in the NCAA's. I remember when Auburn was a gimmee. No more. USC used to be a gimmee no more. The best thing about all this though. Kentucky will have to start earning conference championships.

hogsanity

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 11:29:06 pm
That sucks. I really thought we would be better than that earlier in the year. Conference play has gotten really strong though. I can only hope that it will make us really tough in the NCAA's. I remember when Auburn was a gimmee. No more. USC used to be a gimmee no more. The best thing about all this though. Kentucky will have to start earning conference championships.

I predicted 23-8 reg season, so I obviously thought they'd be better too. They are truly lucky they are not 0-7 in sec play. 3 home wins by a total of 8 pts.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2018, 11:33:38 pm
I predicted 23-8 reg season, so I obviously thought they'd be better too. They are truly lucky they are not 0-7 in sec play. 3 home wins by a total of 8 pts.

Yeah but thats sports. Games can always go either way. That part doesnt bother me. It seems to me like when Macon is on this team wins. When he's off we don't. And honestly I really think Mike wants his guys to get a feel for when to trap and kind of gives them a little freedom to do so. And that he's fine tuning it as the season goes on. But I'm just guessing.

I'm with you though on if he doesn't make the tournament then he should go. We need a run on tournament appearances.

Razorback_Mack

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ParkerSchnabel

Seton Hall again huh ? Cool. Wait misread that. Different bracket.

Razorback_Mack

Adam Stokes

Losing to Oklahoma State at home would be a huge disappointment. Don't be fooled by them squeaking out their first Top 40 win of the season today at home against Oklahoma, they aren't that great. They are favored in only one game the rest of the year. Heck, we even have a better margin of defeat against them on the road. If we lose to Georgia on Tuesday and lose that game on Saturday we should fire Mike before he leaves the arena.

Davidr295

Quote from: BigNasty on January 20, 2018, 10:31:13 pm

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- W
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- W
A&M- W
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou- W

I think we will be a 5 seed in the SEC, and go 2-1 in the SEC tourney to finish 23-11.

With our strength of schedule and this record, I think we'll be in that 7-9 seed range....hopefully a 7.  What do you think?

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- L
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- L
A&M- L
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - L
@Mizzou- L

Dropkick

I was at the game yesterday. I don't think we will do any better than .500 the rest of the way. I'm skeptical of making the dance. We are talented but do not play smart basketball.

hobhog

hogwood

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- W
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- W
A&M- W
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou- W

If we do that I think we are easily a 6 seed. I also think we beat KY in the Bud.

golfinpig

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- W
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- W
A&M- W
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou- W

I think your nuts. More like 4-8.

PonderinHog

HotlantaHog

Hope so, but Hogs will need a defense to win that many games.

Breems

We can beat UK in Bud Walton. They're nothing special this year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BigNasty

Quote from: golfinpig on January 21, 2018, 01:25:25 pm
I think your nuts. More like 4-8.

We'll see.  Really hope you are the one who is nuts with that 4-8 call.

bphi11ips

Unless something changes, I don't expect any road wins.  Hogs will win a few more, but this isn't a very good team.  16-17 wins and NIT is most likely. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

3of5-2

Quote from: Breems on January 21, 2018, 06:09:39 pm
I would agree with this.

ifghog

GoHogs1091

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- W
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- W
A&M- W
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou- W

Nope.

When you give up 93 points at home to an average Ole Miss team, that is all you need to know about the Hogs' chances to win several games the rest of the season.

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on January 21, 2018, 06:09:39 pm

I would agree with that. Problem is, the Hogs are nothing special either.

Kevin

6-6 the rest of the way, I think, 7-7 counting the sec tournament. not sure that gets them in the ncaa
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2018, 07:00:43 am
6-6 the rest of the way, I think, 7-7 counting the sec tournament. not sure that gets them in the ncaa

8-10 seed

BigNasty

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 21, 2018, 09:51:02 am

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- L
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- L
A&M- L
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - L
@Mizzou- L

So happy it hasn't gone this way. 

HawgsPolo

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 21, 2018, 07:16:45 pm
Unless something changes, I don't expect any road wins.  Hogs will win a few more, but this isn't a very good team.  16-17 wins and NIT is most likely.

18-8 currently
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

texas tush hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 21, 2018, 07:16:45 pm

Boy are you wrong! WPS Mike and the boys!

BigNasty

Quote from: ifghog on January 21, 2018, 08:51:44 pm
Yeah we will be lucky to finish 6/6

6-2 in this stretch now, so in your opinion, we at the very worst our lucky.  Winning any of these last four will just be gravy, according to your prediction.

PonderinHog

UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - W
@Mizzou- W

I still think it's a trap!   >:(

BigNasty

Willyboy

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 21, 2018, 09:51:02 am

@Georgia- L
OSU- W
@A&M- L
@LSU- L
USC-E- W
Vandy- W
@Ole miss- L
A&M- L
UK- L
@Bama- L
Auburn - L
@Mizzou- L

Lol what a hater.  That was your "this get's MA fired" prediction. 

PonderinHog

BigNasty

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 27, 2018, 10:26:03 pm
Hats off to you, BigNasty!

Not yet- hope I was wrong and they win the next one to make it a 9-3 clip!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: BigNasty on February 27, 2018, 10:37:16 pm
Not yet- hope I was wrong and they win the next one to make it a 9-3 clip!
+1  nothing to win by being right, but a couple more wins could help our tournament set up.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BigNasty

@Mizzou- W. RESULT: W

Wish I would've went ahead and predicted a Final Four run when I posted this.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: BigNasty on March 10, 2018, 04:53:21 pm
Wish I would've went ahead and predicted a Final Four run when I posted this.

Still, not bad brother.

Willyboy

@Mizzou- W. RESULT: W

You are a freaking Nostradamus!