Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Calvin Swine on December 10, 2017, 09:14:58 pm
Good points and I agree. 

Non traditional "bling unis" attract the kids like a racoon to a shiny object.  The traditional powers (Texas, Michigan, and so on) have their iconic uniforms but they don't have to get that extra attention because of who they are and where they are.  Oklahoma State has done a great job of understanding who they are.  They'll always be the #2 program in their state, so they ratchet up their look and their offense to get noticed by recruits.  It creates a little separation from OU and it's smart.  As much as I enjoy seeing tradition (as an old guy) I think it'd be smart to try and separate ourselves more from our western rivals.  Be a little more daring to catch the eye of recruits and use our offense to reel them in.

This is it. Kids like it. That's all. We don't have 10 National Championships to hang our hats on. So, they simply make us noticed. ESPN talks about uniform changes. Twitter talks about uniform changes. Its simply exposure.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JONAS

JONAS

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 09:25:05 pm
This is it. Kids like it. That's all. We don't have 10 National Championships to hang our hats on. So, they simply make us noticed. ESPN talks about uniform changes. Twitter talks about uniform changes. Its simply exposure.

I agree.  Just don't change the hog on the helmets. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 09:35:58 pm
I agree.  Just don't change the hog on the helmets.

Depends on the kind of change. I liked the American flag hog, and I actually like the oversized ones on the grey and chrome helmets. Not sure if there was any other changes...lol. So, I'm not opposed as long as its sharp.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JONAS

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 09:39:52 pm
Depends on the kind of change. I liked the American flag hog, and I actually like the oversized ones on the grey and chrome helmets. Not sure if there was any other changes...lol. So, I'm not opposed as long as its sharp.

I don't mind for a game or two.

JONAS

Which of these alternates do you like best?  I loved the throwback 1964 helmet the best.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 09:58:19 pm
Which of these alternates do you like best?  I loved the throwback 1964 helmet the best.

Honestly, I like them all. I like the red hog on the grey helmet the least, and the white helmet with the red hog the best.

JONAS

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 10:09:45 pm
Honestly, I like them all. I like the red hog on the grey helmet the least, and the white helmet with the red hog the best.

I love the whites also.  Wish we still wore them on the road.

AtticusHawg

Honestly, I could do without the anthracite uniforms. At least as they have been done so far. I would rather see a flat black helmet with a bright red hog, and flat black uniforms. The chrome thing doesn't do it for me.

I would love to see a modern twist on the 07 uniforms.

Ham Sandwich

I know we had the same style as Bama and OU, but I hope we never go back to that again. I don't want to look like those teams, regardless if it's what we wore 40 years ago.

Arkansas needs to appeal to kids anyway it can.

I hope we don't go back to a bland out dated look. I don't want us to go crazy, but I do hope we have different uniforms than what we've seen in the Bielema era. I was not a fan at all.

The 2 stripes down the leg with ARKANSAS in front looks way too much like OU and I know we had the look a long time ago, but we haven't made that look famous, OU has.

I hope we find our own look going forward. Please do away with the tusk crap. Please!

LZH

I didn't care for the 1964 throwback helmets at all. The hog looks cartoonish to me. But once I saw us on the field with the uniforms on, I thought they actually looked great. Need to wear it once a year for a big game.

JONAS

Quote from: LZH on December 11, 2017, 06:26:06 am
I didn't care for the 1964 throwback helmets at all. The hog looks cartoonish to me. But once I saw us on the field with the uniforms on, I thought they actually looked great. Need to wear it once a year for a big game.

Yes.

bob slydell

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 10, 2017, 07:31:02 pm
It really hurts Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, OSU, Auburn, UGA, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Southern Cal, UCLA, Stanford and Texas Huh..? Build your brand and stick with it...

You do realize that with the exception of Bama and Penn St., all of those schools that you listed have worn or do wear alternate uniforms.  I can post some pictures if you like.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgtime on December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am
I hope he allows us to sport some terrific unis some this year.... I like the way they look (as long as we wear traditional too)  and I think the kids really, really love them.

ha ha

I hope CM says we will wear cardinal jersies at home and white on the road, always with white pants and always with a cardinal helmet with a white running hog on each side.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on December 11, 2017, 04:04:07 am
I know we had the same style as Bama and OU, but I hope we never go back to that again. I don't want to look like those teams, regardless if it's what we wore 40 years ago.

Arkansas needs to appeal to kids anyway it can.

I hope we don't go back to a bland out dated look. I don't want us to go crazy, but I do hope we have different uniforms than what we've seen in the Bielema era. I was not a fan at all.

The 2 stripes down the leg with ARKANSAS in front looks way too much like OU and I know we had the look a long time ago, but we haven't made that look famous, OU has.

I hope we find our own look going forward. Please do away with the tusk crap. Please!

Hey A-hole... That was 8 years ago...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Piggfoot

I love the change to non-traditional uniforms. Since doing so our recruiting of 4 and 5 star players has shot through the roof. Our win record has gotten better each year. I also think we should change our fight song to Kum ba Yah.
We could also replace our running Hog logo with a Poland China Hog to go along with the anthracite uniforms. Really I personally don't understand the resentment over the Wolf Howl modification of the Woo Pig Sooie yell. Why are some people so resistant to modern changes if the kids like them?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hobhog

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 11, 2017, 11:50:07 am
I love the change to non-traditional uniforms. Since doing so our recruiting of 4 and 5 star players has shot through the roof. Our win record has gotten better each year. I also think we should change our fight song to Kum ba Yah.
We could also replace our running Hog logo with a Poland China Hog to go along with the anthracite uniforms.

+1

hobhog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 11, 2017, 08:22:45 am
I hope CM says we will wear cardinal jersies at home and white on the road, always with white pants and always with a cardinal helmet with a white running hog on each side.

hawgtime

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 09:25:05 pm

I agree. if the kids are talking about us, then more will want to be a part of us.  Go Hogs!

who has the more edgier versions of our UNIs?

hawgtime

Quote from: JONAS on December 10, 2017, 09:58:19 pm

where is the shiney helmet from the bowl game a few years back?

Busta_Nutt

Not a huge fan of the tusks, but the all whites were great.

HF#1

They should redesign the Jerry World uni's, replace the silver with Red/White and make those permanent. Those were fantastic.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

JONAS

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on December 11, 2017, 03:42:07 pm
Not a huge fan of the tusks, but the all whites were great.

I love the all white.

ricehog43

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:16:04 pm
TWO red stripes on the pants. That's traditional. Bring that back for starters. Freaking A. Just do the DMAC years 2007 and call it a day.
Yup, the uniforms during the DMAC years were sharp. With ARKANSAS in big letters across the chest. I love those jerseys
U of A Alum 2011.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:20:06 pm
I don't have a problem.  I just think it looks too big on the jersey.  Also looks too much like Oklahoma.  I prefer this size.
Now those were nice.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

JONAS

To be honest, nothing is wrong with our current uniforms. 

Razorbackrowe77

If going with an alternate...these 2 looked pretty nice!

JONAS

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on December 11, 2017, 05:11:24 pm

I liked the 1964 throwbacks. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bob Slydell on December 11, 2017, 08:17:36 am
You do realize that with the exception of Bama and Penn St., all of those schools that you listed have worn or do wear alternate uniforms.  I can post some pictures if you like.

Yes, but they don't have a totally new look every 2 to 3 years... The whole "uniform attracts players" thing is proven false. Name one kid that said he chose Arkansas because of uniforms..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbackrowe77

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 05:21:44 pm
Yes, but they don't have a totally new look every 2 to 3 years... The whole "uniform attracts players" thing is proven false. Name one kid that said he chose Arkansas because of uniforms..?

None...b/c with the exception of 2-3, they've all sucked. 

Tusker4life

LOL...

Can't we make cool uniforms out of cardinal and white? Black and Anthracite are just not Arkansas. 100+ years of red and white shouldn't be defiled. WPS

Quote from: Birminghog on December 10, 2017, 09:15:35 pm
Sarcasm, right? Please, no.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

JONAS

Quote from: hawgtime on December 11, 2017, 12:21:05 pm
where is the shiney helmet from the bowl game a few years back?

This one?

hawgtime

JONAS

Quote from: hawgtime on December 11, 2017, 08:26:43 pm

yeah!  that is cool!

I actually liked the silver facemask.

JONAS

JONAS

JONAS

HogCommander

Quote from: JONAS on December 11, 2017, 08:03:45 pm
This one?
Best helmet ever.  Make the razorback white on both sides, make the face mask white, and I am all for it.  I love the shine on that helmet. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Don't think anyone is arguing this point. New uniforms simply give the Hogs positive attention with media/recruits.

PigDaddyKane

I'm just glad to see everything is back to normal. Hogville wrapped up in a uniform thread.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Tusker4life

I forgot how cool the uniforms were with Matt Jones. And Stoerner too. Single stripe was cool.

Quote from: JONAS on December 11, 2017, 08:56:03 pm

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 09, 2017, 07:57:47 pm
Cardinal and White.  Two stripes on the legs.  Old School is the way to go.

Why do you want us to look like OU and Bama?

We don't need to go back to a bland and boring look like that.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 08:27:57 am
Hey A-hole... That was 8 years ago...

And we looked way too much like OU. I don't want to look like OU. I want us to have our own look.

3 stripes down the leg with the Cowboy type uniforms we wore with white instead of grey would look awesome.

NuttinItUp

bob slydell

I can't name any because that wasn't my point at all.  I was just pointing out that there really is no such thing as "pure uniforms" with most college programs.  Whether or not it's beneficial is a question I can't answer.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hoghearted

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Jerry Jones tribute uniforms. Looked too much like Ohio State.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jkstock04

Quote from: hoghearted on December 12, 2017, 07:35:26 am
I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Jerry Jones tribute uniforms. Looked too much like Ohio State.
I actually liked them in pictures beforehand, until I saw them in person...then I didn't like them so much. Crazy how much they looked like Ohio State.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 11, 2017, 09:47:18 pm
I forgot how cool the uniforms were with Matt Jones. And Stoerner too. Single stripe was cool.

The single stripe wasn't bad at all.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on December 12, 2017, 02:34:04 am
And we looked way too much like OU. I don't want to look like OU. I want us to have our own look.

3 stripes down the leg with the Cowboy type uniforms we wore with white instead of grey would look awesome.
The center stripe or third stripe was white so if you had white pants it would only look like 2 stripes.  I like the two stripes but they look like bama, ou, wisk, and nebraska.  But everyone switches it up so I dont know if there is a right answer.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Razorbackrowe77 on December 11, 2017, 05:11:24 pm

I detest the JerryWorld from this fall.

They look too much like Ohio State. If I were going to emulate someone it wouldn't their arses. And yes, I know they were for some special occasion that slips my mind. Whatever, it still looks like Ohio State.

EDIT:
The Cowboys   :puke:  Now I remember. The translation didn't work.  :puke:
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci