Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suddenly Tennessee......

Started by tennesseehogwild, April 21, 2019, 04:14:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseehogwild

is going to be rolling into Fayettenam winners of 5 of 6 SEC games (I think) and a very high RPI. Things could get spicy with Vitello and Co. coming into town.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogFansReunited

I expected Vitello to get things turned around there but I honestly didn't expect it this quickly. Congratulations to him and his team but hope the hogs put a dent in their record.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

TNhawgfan

Their pitching has been surprisingly good. In SEC games, they had one clunker against vandy where they gave up 10 runs (we all know how good vandy is), but the rest have been 6 runs or less
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

southarkhog06

We are gonna have to bring our A game for sure, cant get too proud of ourselves after this weekend. Show up focused and grind.

ricepig

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 21, 2019, 05:59:12 pm
We are gonna have to bring our A game for sure, cant get too proud of ourselves after this weekend. Show up focused and grind.

Just like every weekend in the SEC.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 21, 2019, 05:59:12 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2019, 06:11:05 pm
Just like every weekend in the SEC.

Such is life in the SEC.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SquidBilly

I am glad we are playing some of the best teams this late in the year.  It helps to sharpen the guys focus and to get them into the post season mindset.  Facing good arms is what this offense needs to tune it up for tournament play.

Bogghawg

Also glad to have MissST, LSU and Tennessee at home and Kentucky & Aggies on the road.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

razCzar

Tennessee vs Arkansas
- SEC: 9-9 vs 12-6
- Win streak: 4 vs 5
- 8-2 in last 10
- RPI: 8 vs 5
- Remaining: TN: @AR, MO, @FL, OM  //  AR: TN, @KY, LSU, @AM

razCzar

Does anybody know if the Vowels have a baseball forum?  I couldn't find one.

navyhog24

Quote from: razCzar on April 23, 2019, 04:50:20 pm
Does anybody know if the Vowels have a baseball forum?  I couldn't find one.

They have a semi active one on Volnaton

https://www.volnation.com/forum/forums/tennessee-vols-baseball.26/

razCzar

Cmheinley

Quote from: SquidBiily on April 21, 2019, 10:16:52 pm
I am glad we are playing some of the best teams this late in the year.  It helps to sharpen the guys focus and to get them into the post season mindset.  Facing good arms is what this offense needs to tune it up for tournament play.

Agreed. Our offense has improved dramatically over the past couple of weeks. Steel sharpens steel and I think we're seeing the benefits of that. WPS!!

rljjr

razCzar

These excerpts appeared in today's Atlanta AJC newspaper article:

-Pitching has given the Volunteers an excellent opportunity to end the Southeastern Conference's longest NCAA tournament drought.
-The only Power Five programs with longer NCAA tournament absences are Northwestern (1957), Pittsburgh (1995) and Penn State (2000).

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2019-04-22/college-baseball-pitching-carrying-tennessee-toward-first-ncaa

-The Vols have allowed two runs or less in eight of their last nine games.

shotgun7

Quote from: razCzar on April 25, 2019, 02:00:02 pm
These excerpts appeared in today's Atlanta AJC newspaper article:

-Pitching has given the Volunteers an excellent opportunity to end the Southeastern Conference's longest NCAA tournament drought.
-The only Power Five programs with longer NCAA tournament absences are Northwestern (1957), Pittsburgh (1995) and Penn State (2000).

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2019-04-22/college-baseball-pitching-carrying-tennessee-toward-first-ncaa

wow, that is some seriously good pitching.

gmarv

Well their due and not in a good way for them.WPS

daBoar

Quote from: gmarv on April 26, 2019, 07:41:09 am

Well their due and not in a good way for them.WPS
Huge weekend........but like each one in the SEC.......for both our Hogs and Tenn.  Let's focus....wps.

razCzar

Nice article on Vitello's return:

Tennessee baseball coach Tony Vitello has mixed emotions about returning to Arkansas
Knoxville News Sentinel
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/other-sports/2019/04/25/tennessee-vols-baseball-tony-vitello-arkansas/3537548002/

twistitup

I know DVH will be here a long time....but when he's gone Vitello needs to come back home.

He sounds a little homesick
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....