Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FSU QB Jameis Winston

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, December 04, 2013, 08:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dacskc

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 04:48:30 pm
It's a tough thing to prove without physical evidence, and even with it, often times it still becomes a "he said, she said" situation, which is why the vast majority of women never even come forward when it happens.  They don't feel that the humiliation is worth the chance of the criminal actually being punished. 

Someone earlier suggested that kids need to be educated about their decisions.  ABSOLUTELY.  In theory, a woman should be allowed to wear the scantiest of clothing, flirt and tease relentlessly, and still reserve the right to say no at any point in time.  The reality is, there are rapists out there, and if you make yourself a target, it's just like leaving the keys in your car, or leaving your house unlocked.  The likelihood goes up that you will become a victim.  It DOES NOT make it right, it's just reality.   

Agreed again. If you have time, read the RS article. Very sad.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 06, 2013, 04:49:06 pm
And an alarming number aren't reported.

I think those studies are based on anonymous questionnaires...not reported cases.  So it's probably still off, but closer to reality than the number reported.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: malibu327 on December 06, 2013, 12:51:50 pm
It was either consensual or it was rape. Since it didnt go to court that obviously means it was consensual. With that said, she needs to be locked up.
It's bull$hit these hoes get away with this.

You're wrong.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

dacskc

Quote from: malibu327 on December 06, 2013, 12:51:50 pm
It was either consensual or it was rape. Since it didnt go to court that obviously means it was consensual. With that said, she needs to be locked up.
It's bull$hit these hoes get away with this.

I hope you never have any daughters.

Hogs-n-Roses

The law won't allow the answer. Sodium Pentathol. If everyone involved takes the shot. The truth will be known. But that isn't necessarily whats most important here.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: dacskc on December 06, 2013, 04:50:16 pm
Agreed again. If you have time, read the RS article. Very sad.

I just finished it, and it is horribly sad, and sadly...more common than most realize. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ghostzapper

Nothing savory about this situation.  But, the absence of evidence to support she was drunk, text messages at the critical time periods that suggest she was neither drunk nor traumatized, and a weird story she told her friends thatmade them call the police but was not true, make her side of events unbelievable.  Prosecuter's report will likely add to that unbelievability.  Sad situation but JW shouldn't be convictedin either law or public opinion. 

the_kosher_pig

Malibu has a point.  If he's not guilty then she lied.  What's so hard to figure out?

Or is this one of those football moment where the commentator says "that's a good no call"?
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

dacskc

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 06, 2013, 05:44:01 pm
Malibu has a point.  If he's not guilty then she lied.  What's so hard to figure out?

Or is this one of those football moment where the commentator says "that's a good no call"?

One thing does not follow from the other. If he's not charged, it doesn't necessarily follow that she lied. Of course, it's possible she did, nobody's trying to say he's guilty, it's just that nobody can say it can be proven by the fact that no charges were brought.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: twistitup on December 06, 2013, 04:40:30 pm
two young people? Last count I thought there were three dna profiles found, plus the girl - that makes four lives changed forever.
Yeah, don't want to leave out their boyfriend/girlfriend and families. They are truly affected as well.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

twistitup

Quote from: dacskc on December 06, 2013, 04:43:36 pm
Where is the third DNA profile info coming from? All I've heard is Winston and a boyfriend.

It's coming from the [CENSORED] of another random male.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

dacskc

Quote from: twistitup on December 06, 2013, 07:08:52 pm
It's coming from the [CENSORED] of another random male.

Lol. Well, I figured that much. I haven't seen that said anywhere other than Hogville. ( that there was DNA from a third man.)

twistitup

Quote from: dacskc on December 06, 2013, 07:30:03 pm
Lol. Well, I figured that much. I haven't seen that said anywhere other than Hogville. ( that there was DNA from a third man.)

We may never know about the third shooter...it's very similar the the JFK situation in Dallas - multiple shooters, investigators just can't find 'em all.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bubba's Bruisers

When was it determined that he's not guilty?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

dacskc

Here's a link to the actual police report: http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/documents/assets/news/tpd-documents.pdf

The samples contained DNA from 2 males, identified as Jameis Winston and Jamal Roberts (perhaps the boyfriend? The report did not make that clear.) Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that DNA was found in three separate areas: semen from the underwear (inclusive of anal, vaginal and cervical swabs), blood on the shorts, and an amylase mixture-saliva?-from her face (she was said to have been sharing drinks with several people).

The stories of what happened "sort of" match (riding in a cab, going to the bedroom, getting walked in on, being driven on the scooter). The reasons and intent do not. It's a "She said/he said/he said/he said" situation. Unfortunately for her, all the witnesses were friends of Winston, the friend she called never showed up. This is good if she's lying and bad if she's not. The police report doesn't really cast any of the participants in a great light.

Chief_Osceola

The SA's investigator's report has also been released. On my phone so I don't have a link. It really lays out her lack of credibility. Her friends couldn't even corroborate her version of events.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2013, 07:54:15 pm
When was it determined that he's not guilty?

Not guilty would suggest he was charged and the case went to court. He was never even charged, so I guess you'd just say he was cleared, or exonerated.

alohawg

I read the police report and do not believe a rape occurred. I do however believe this was not her first encounter of this kind, leave it at that.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TheJoeyBucketz

I ran across a message board where some fsu chick started a "boobs for Jameis" thread. Bunch of fsu chicks posting topless pics to show their support for Winston.

Can't lie. I looked at em:)
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

dacskc

Quote from: alohawg on December 06, 2013, 10:24:54 pm
I read the police report and do not believe a rape occurred. I do however believe this was not her first encounter of this kind, leave it at that.

Or his first encounter of this kind.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

dacskc

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on December 06, 2013, 10:09:46 pm
The SA's investigator's report has also been released. On my phone so I don't have a link. It really lays out her lack of credibility. Her friends couldn't even corroborate her version of events.

I'd like to read it. I don't know if a rape occurred or not, but some of the reasoning behind being put out there is off the mark entirely.

dacskc

Quote from: alohawg on December 06, 2013, 11:01:53 pm
Or even his last @ FSU.

It said in the report that one of his friends entered the bedroom in the hopes of joining in and later had tried to film the incident. He stated this wasn't the first time they had done this. Rape or not, this is plain stupidity.

urkillnmesmalls

There isn't a face palm big enough for this post.   :( 

I suppose you think OJ didn't stab anyone too right?  Convicted vs innocent.  Not the same.   

alohawg

Quote from: dacskc on December 06, 2013, 11:08:54 pm
It said in the report that one of his friends entered the bedroom in the hopes of joining in and later had tried to film the incident. He stated this wasn't the first time they had done this. Rape or not, this is plain stupidity.

Agree 100%
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

dacskc

Here's the entire report referenced earlier by Chief http://www.tallahassee.com/interactive/article/20131206/NEWS/131206008/View-Jameis-Winston-investigation-documents it's 248 pages, but most of it can be skipped through because there are pages of blacked out text and other stuff that isn't necessary to read ( texts about quizzes and buying lottery tickets and other randomness).

Other than her telling her friend she was hit on the head, but not telling that to the police, there aren't major inconsistencies. There are some odd things she said and did, but there were also odd things about the actions of the witnesses, the most troubling being that the phone containing the partial video was thrown away. It's a shame they couldn't locate the cab driver.

The truth of what happened is probably somewhere in the middle of the two versions.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 06, 2013, 11:12:21 pm
There isn't a face palm big enough for this post.   :( 

I suppose you think OJ didn't stab anyone too right?  Convicted vs innocent.  Not the same.
It didn't even go to court.  No court = not enough to go on.  This chick had semen inside and outside and it didn't even go to court?  Sounds like she lied to me.  Just crying rape is enough to get guys locked up. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 07, 2013, 08:08:36 am
It didn't even go to court.  No court = not enough to go on.  This chick had semen inside and outside and it didn't even go to court?  Sounds like she lied to me.  Just crying rape is enough to get guys locked up.

I said it before, and I'll say it again just for you.  What happens with the judicial system has nothing to do with what actually happened in many instances.  People get away with murder at a fairly high rate when they cannot locate the body of the deceased.  It DOES NOT make the murderer innocent.  It just makes it unsolved. 

You feel comfortable that he was proven innocent.  I feel comfortable that law enforcement made every effort to hush the girl and cover it up, and in my mind that usually doesn't lead to the most vigorous of investigations. 

We'll never know what happened, but what we do know is that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute based on what was available.  That's all we know, even though you seem to think you know more than that.

I can speculate...just like everyone else.  It sounds to me like a sex affair behind his girlfriend's back where the mistress got embarrassed about it being pretty well known, realized it was going nowhere with him, and tried to hurt him publicly.  However, the fact that some other evidence came forward that clouded her case, doesn't mean she didn't attempt to stop the act, and that's something that you, I, and no one other than those two people will ever know. 

That's why I think it's pointless for people to post things as if they KNOW what happened.  Two people know that....       

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·8 hrs
Check out bench-clearing fight between Florida Gators, #JameisWinston's Florida State Seminoles. http://tinyurl.com/knmzjuo

Winston is a relief pitcher for the Seminoles
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·2 hrs
New York Times questions thoroughness in Jameis Winston sexual assault investigation http://ow.ly/vRdIp

Would know
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL ·5h
Maybe Jameis Winston is innocent. But the Tallahassee police didn't really even try to find out...

Quote from: jbcarol on April 16, 2014, 12:38:44 pm
AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·2 hrs
New York Times questions thoroughness in Jameis Winston sexual assault investigation http://ow.ly/vRdIp

Would know

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·8h
#FSU 'vigorously objects' to @nytimes questioning Florida State's handling of @Jaboowins case. http://tinyurl.com/pt4ww53

jbcarol

FSU Baseball ‏@FSU_Baseball  14m
Winston picks up the win - his first of the season. Game 3 on Sunday will start at 1 pm. Good night from Gene Hooks Field

And with that win, coach Martin collects career win No. 1800! Congrats Coach Martin!!!!

Coach Martin becomes the third D1 coach in NCAA history to reach the historic milestone!

jbcarol

ClayNation: this is what fandom has become in an Internet era. Fans rally around their own media "truthers" who continue to spread off the record hokum from coaches and administrators.

Quotethis is what fandom has become in an Internet era. Fans rally around their own media "truthers" who continue to spread off the record hokum from coaches and administrators. Jameis is a "good kid." This girl is a "lying cleat chaser," (insert ridiculous and unsubstantiated claptrap here). In an entirely backwards fashion, self-interested fan bases convince themselves that contrary to all logical thought, it's the people with no rooting interest in Florida State athletics at all who are "biased," while they are the objective ones.

It's amazing how often this happens.

It's why I always say, flip the script and pretend everything happens at your most hated rival. If Jameis played at Florida and every other detail in this case was the exact same, what do you think Florida State fans would think about the way Gainesville police handled this investigation? They'd be screaming to high heaven that there was a cover-up, right?

Of course they would.

Do I think it's more likely than not that Jameis Winston raped this girl?

Yes, I do.

Do I think a Tallahassee jury could find beyond a resonable doubt that Jameis raped this girl?

No. 

Do I think the Tallahassee police purposely boggled the investigation to help protect the football team and its star player so no criminal charges would ever be brought?

Yes, I do.

I think most reasonable people -- i.e. not Florida State fans -- believe the same thing.

jbcarol

Bo Jackson knows

"More power to Jameis Winston," the 1985 Heisman Trophy winner said Saturday. "He is a good kid."

Jackson knows all about the tiring marathon of practices and splitting time between sports during his days at Auburn. He participated in only one A-Day scrimmage during his college career, when baseball took priority in the spring months.

"I was smart enough to know back then practice was a whole lot harder than it is these days," Jackson joked. "Doing the baseball thing was good for me."

Jackson believes splitting time between pro baseball and football, especially for a pitcher, could prove more difficult for Winston because of the strain on his arm. Jackson played outfield in college and in the pros.

"If he thinks he can do it, then so be it -- on the college level," Jackson said. "But trying to take it to the next level, it's going to be a little difficult because the talent pool on both sides. Plus he's going to make his living with his arm and I think if I was Jameis I would follow my heart because I did the same thing."

Both Jackson and Winston were born in Bessemer, providing an incomparable hometown connection for the already rare two-sport stars.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/bo_jacksons_advice_to_two-spor.html

TrueBlue

If I ever get Manziel disease, I want all of you to smack me in the head with your microphones

-Jameis Winston, August 2013

cosmodrum

Christ, that kid is a rare kind of dumb.
Go away, batin'

thefisher

Quotea Burger King reported Winston was stealing soda in a ketchup cup.

Wow.   Unbelievable.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

LZH

It is disturbing to me that I actually considered that I'm too old to understand whatever code or new age lingo that this was written in.  What are 'crab legs' slang for, and what kind of website is 'Publix', and is 'shoplifting' kinda like 'catfishing'?

I mean, it has to be like that, right?  This kid just skated right around a serious charge not six months ago, so surely he's not stupid enough to pull a dumbass stunt like this.  Right?

Wildhog

We have got to start holding athletes to normal admission standards.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: Solomwi on April 30, 2014, 10:35:55 am
Looks like this story has legs...

The grocery store played better defense against Jameis than Auburn did.

ricepig

Did he get the crabs from a previous experience?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2014, 10:46:01 am
Did he get the crabs from a previous experience?

He seems more like a carrier.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ncrebel

Qoute "A source inside Florida State's program says that Winston will be fined $30, required to do community service, and will be suspended from the baseball team"

$30 fine and a citation.  Man, in other places you go to jail.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 30, 2014, 10:16:13 am
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/4/30/5668004/jameis-winston-arrested-shoplifting-crab-legs-publix

Good stuff right there.
Could we have yet another DGB in training? He keeps this up he'll "out thug" even Green-Beckham and that's saying something!

ricepig

ldfergu

You take the boy out of the hood but you can't take....well you get it.

"Stealing soda with a ketchup container at a Burger King."  What are you, 12?? What a complete idiot. Got a good laugh from this.

Grow the hell up, son

EastexHawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 30, 2014, 10:27:35 am
Christ, that kid is a rare kind of dumb.

Yes, but he can run and throw a football...so let's all once again look the other way. 

If he's going to keep playing despite a rape accusation, what's a little shoplifting?