Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Update: Ramar Smith

Started by Salvaboar Dali, March 27, 2006, 12:35:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Salvaboar Dali

Otis is reporting (via Marty Houston) he will sign with Hogs.

RAZORBART

Table Rocker

Salvaboar Dali

The_Bionic_Pig

Looks like Ronnie Brewer will determine our persuit of Patrick Beverley. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RAZORBART

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2006, 12:40:40 pm
Looks like Ronnie Brewer will determine our persuit of Patrick Beverley. 

I would bet that has already been determined, at least privately but I am guessing Stan knows.

Salvaboar Dali

Just FYI,

It was last reported to be between Arkansas and Miami. He originally committed to UCONN.

The_Bionic_Pig

Here is a free rivals article on him Click Me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Tomcat on March 27, 2006, 12:51:02 pm
Doesn't he have an official visit to TENN April 8th?  Why announce he's signing before his visit?  I hope it's true, but it doesn't make sense to me...

Tennessee kinda pissed him off asking him to pay his own way for a visit during the Arknasas -vs- Tennessee matchup.   He may not even take the visit.....but if he does he will only get to see the Vols Spring football practice. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogDizzel

Ramar will sign with the hogs on signing day(will commit officially soon).  If Brewer will go ahead and annouce he is leaving early, then Beverly will commit.  That, my friends, is a top 5 class.

freedomcounty

In Ramar's last interview he said it was down to Arkansas or Tennessee, and that Arkansas was leading. He also said he would take the Tennessee visit. And Otis (through Marty) didn't go so far as to say he's committed, he just said it is looking like a strong possibility.

Patch

So can anyone compare Ramar's style of play to any other guards in college basketball. Please don't compare him to anyone on Arkansas' current team, as that would depress me.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: Patch on March 27, 2006, 03:14:16 pm
So can anyone compare Ramar's style of play to any other guards in college basketball. Please don't compare him to anyone on Arkansas' current team, as that would depress me.

Brewer.

The_Bionic_Pig

Chauncey Billups (Build, height, handles but not quite the accuracy on on three point line.)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Patch

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 27, 2006, 03:15:19 pm

Brewer.

Okay, Brewer doesn't depress me. I just don't want anyone to come on here and say Ramar is just like "Ferguson" etc. I'm hoping for more of an Allan Ray or Rajan Rondo.

dotnet

Quote from: HogDizzel on March 27, 2006, 02:52:14 pm
Ramar will sign with the hogs on signing day(will commit officially soon).  If Brewer will go ahead and annouce he is leaving early, then Beverly will commit.  That, my friends, is a top 5 class.

I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure.  I read that Beverly really liked his trip to Michigan.  I think its really good that we have the last visit, but they got to make a first impression.  I think getting Beverly could be tougher than we think.

Patch

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2006, 03:18:05 pm

Chauncey Billups (Build, height, handles but not quite the accuracy on on three point line.)

Nice. Chauncey is a player that could walk onto any NBA team and help out. Hope to see Ramar in BWA next year. 

hogfankb

Quote from: Patch on March 27, 2006, 03:18:58 pm

Brewer.

Okay, Brewer doesn't depress me. I just don't want anyone to come on here and say Ramar is just like "Ferguson" etc. I'm hoping for more of an Allan Ray or Rajan Rondo.

Ray would be great but I hope he isn't rondo. Rondo couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a jump shot. The perimeter defense would be nice though.

The_Bionic_Pig

Brewer.

Patrick Beverley is the gunner from the outside....very very quick release Patch.   Ramar can shoot the 3 though, he is a threat.  But he has a husky upper body like Chauncey.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Josef

Ramar is a good mix between Kareem Reid and Denisio Gomez

Salvaboar Dali

How about William Mills without the coke habit?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Josef on March 27, 2006, 03:24:20 pm
Ramar is a good mix between Kareem Reid and Denisio Gomez

Ramar is not a flashy passer Patrick is on the other hand.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jkcrunch

He played last year in the Real Deal on the Hill,  showed to be a better guard than the kid from Memphis Pump n Run that had us on his list for awhile.   Very quick and athletic but not a pure shooter, which I think we need, solid ball handler.  Probably can spell the PG at times.  Should be a defensive stopper which we will not have at the guard spot next year.   He did not take very many long range shot in the tournament, but did a a alot of damage attacking the basket.

Patch

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2006, 03:23:42 pm

Brewer.

Patrick Beverley is the gunner from the outside....very very quick release Patch.   Ramar can shoot the 3 though, he is a threat.  But he has a husky upper body like Chauncey.

Any idea about his demeanor Stewie? The team needs a guy who will step up and be a vocal leader. I know it's nearly impossible for a freshman to do this, but it's something that's been lacking for a number of years.

hogfankb

Smith from the articles I have read about him seems like he might be cocky or hard nosed enough to come in and not back down from anyone. Exactly what this team needs.

RAZORBART

kinda of a mix tween Ferguson and jefferson but heavier on the jefferson side.......don't jump......................just kidding .

Patch

Quote from: RAZORBART on March 27, 2006, 03:42:40 pm

kinda of a mix tween Ferguson and jefferson but heavier on the jefferson side.......don't jump......................just kidding .

I was hoping for more of a Jason Jennings/ Jason Gilbert clone.  ;D

hogfankb

Is anyone else getting the feeling that if brewer leaves beverly will be here, if brewer stays he will go else where?

The_Bionic_Pig

March 27, 2006, 03:53:05 pm #29 Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:57:34 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Patch on March 27, 2006, 03:34:27 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2006, 03:23:42 pm

Brewer.

Patrick Beverley is the gunner from the outside....very very quick release Patch.   Ramar can shoot the 3 though, he is a threat.  But he has a husky upper body like Chauncey.

Any idea about his demeanor Stewie? The team needs a guy who will step up and be a vocal leader. I know it's nearly impossible for a freshman to do this, but it's something that's been lacking for a number of years.

Weems & Smith are both extentions of their coach on the court. Not sure on Welsh but he from the Eastern seaboard.  Beverley is "Iverson cocky" especially when he tears a ligament in someone's ankles trying to keep up with him.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

codeHog

Otis did not say Smith commited to Arkansas

zwhogfan

I sure hope we get both Smith and Beverly, though Beverly would, IMO, be the nicest catch b/c we need someone that can shoot the 3 badly.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: codeHog on March 27, 2006, 04:42:20 pm

According to Marty Houston, you are wrong.

RazorRunner

Why should Brewer affect Beverly's decision?  Ronnie will be here at most only through his freshman year.

codeHog

afhogfan1980

anyone but kareem ried that guy and jefferson could be twins both played like stuff
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

Foshodo

Quote from: afhogfan1980 on March 27, 2006, 10:20:06 pm
anyone but kareem ried that guy and jefferson could be twins both played like stuff

youre friggin bonafied insane man...

Bubba_Hog

ramar is good and can be complimented even better  by that Beverly guy from chi-town. averages 34 points 5 rebounds. shooting guard but can play point as well.
Hey buddy, why don't you go grab daddy a cold one outta the fridge!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2006, 12:54:21 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on March 27, 2006, 12:51:02 pm
Doesn't he have an official visit to TENN April 8th?  Why announce he's signing before his visit?  I hope it's true, but it doesn't make sense to me...

Tennessee kinda pissed him off asking him to pay his own way for a visit during the Arknasas -vs- Tennessee matchup.   He may not even take the visit.....but if he does he will only get to see the Vols Spring football practice. 

I had no idea that TENN asked him to pay his own way.  What a way to try and recruit a player.  I know we've shown him the red carpet and left a good impression.  Sounds like he is headed this way...

zwhogfan

if Tennessee asked him to pay his own way, then that has to hurt their standing in his eyes. Hopefully he decides to come to Arkansas, as well as Beverly.

pork and mindy

Marty didn't say he had committed. Marty said Otis passed him a note that Ramar is looking strongly like he will commit to Arkansas. He didn't go so far as say Smith has committed.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 27, 2006, 11:12:25 pm
Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on March 27, 2006, 09:13:04 pm
Quote from: codeHog on March 27, 2006, 04:42:20 pm

According to Marty Houston, you are wrong.

Marty is a super nice guy but I could care less what Marty's says.  He's gotten stuff mixed up so many times.  Poor guy is doing a lot more work than he should be thats for sure.

I agree. However, I am only reporting what he said.

The_Bionic_Pig

The Vols had previously wanted him to pay his own way to visit in order to make it a un-official and visit again for a official at a later date - all this following his official visit when Arkansas played Florida.   He would most defiantly would be on scholarship once he would have committed.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*