Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Te'o responds

Started by popcornhog, January 16, 2013, 08:08:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

January 16, 2013, 08:08:49 pm Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:13:19 pm by jbcarol
"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Until Te'o provides specific details of how he was taken by this hoax, and how he believed he had a girlfriend who never existed and then mourned her death with his teammates and Notre Dame fans supporting him, the circumstances will remain a bit confusing. The relationship apparently began on Twitter, according to Deadspin. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a classmate of the woman whose Facebook photos were passed off as Kekua, knew Te'o, and was said in the story to have "created" Kekua. The Deadspin story doesn't explain, for example, how Te'o believed he was talking to Kekua every night until they fell asleep on the phone , as was told in an ESPN.com story .

Yahoo Link
WPS

tiber

Pathetic on so many fronts...

You're a star LB for Notre Dame, and your girlfriend is a cyber. 

jonesark™

hogcard1964

He has lied about everything and it's backfiring even worse on him.  He should have came clean immediately.

This isn't going away.

Calling All Hogs

Te'o explained his relationship with women well in this video.  :)

levans

In the interview with his dad he said she would come to Hawaii and they would visit how does he explain this.

Blue35

He appears to be a fraud.

Melorock089

Umm, cover story. Dude's gay.

idochog

They don't want it out that he's gay before he makes it to nfl
I love Jesus!

twistitup

The man, the myth, the missing girlfriend

F that fake piece of shite.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogsmo Kramer

This is bad on so many fronts.

It's epic fail on a whole new scale.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Melorock089 on January 16, 2013, 08:36:49 pm
Umm, cover story. Dude's gay.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."  :D
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

LZH

Quote from: levans on January 16, 2013, 08:24:23 pm
In the interview with his dad he said she would come to Hawaii and they would visit how does he explain this.

In the other thread I was asking about this.  When did he start saying this?  Recently?  If not, then he can't explain it away as covering up for being duped.

Melorock089

How will the football world react to a gay player? Will he be striped of his awards because of the lies? Heh, forget about the NFL.

ANd of all places, frickenin ND! The self claimed moral institute of college football, oh and who happens to hate gays.

twistitup

Quote from: LedZepHog on January 16, 2013, 08:48:06 pm
In the other thread I was asking about this.  When did he start saying this?  Recently?  If not, then he can't explain it away as covering up for being duped.

He also said they met and exchanged numbers in Palo
Alto after the Stanford game....he's f'ed
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on January 16, 2013, 08:59:51 pm
He also said they met and exchanged numbers in Palo
Alto after the Stanford game....he's f'ed

Yeah.  I need to go back an re-read it but I'm glued to this BB game right now.  I wasn't clear on when he was tweeting about these meetings.  If he was mentioning them back when they were supposedly happening, then that means he was in on it and not just covering up.

BrokenArrowHogs

It is sad, and pathetic, and bizarre, and will be sliced and diced on prime time until we all become numb to it.  Just too strange for words. 

kingofdequeen

he's just REALLY morman.

i mean, c'mon guys.  this is the most morman thing ever. 

popcornhog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 16, 2013, 09:29:11 pm
he's just REALLY morman.

Monti Te'o was a Mormon, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
WPS

Wright43

Does anyone have a link to a video or article where he directly talks about hanging out with her/seeing her/anything like that?

I haven't seen that yet, though I think I remember seeing something like that in the past. If thats the case, he clearly lied. But I can't figure out how/why? Definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of...

RAZ FAN

Wait till nfl combine/interviews. He had better get it all corrected now or he will lose a lot of money. 

IronMountainHog

Too bad Jessica Dorrell wasn't Bobby's fake girlfriend...

He would get his 20k back.
He would have kept his job.
One less interview to sit in on.
Wouldn't have to explain her to Becky.
Etc., etc.

GioB26

Give the young man a break. So he got duped. Hopefully he will learn from this experience and wise up. In the meantime, all you Razorneck haters can stick your head in the mud.  ;D

Eli Cash Ph.D

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 16, 2013, 09:29:11 pm
he's just REALLY morman.

Is that like a mer-man?

GioB26

Quote from: popcornhog on January 16, 2013, 08:08:49 pm
"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Until Te'o provides specific details of how he was taken by this hoax, and how he believed he had a girlfriend who never existed and then mourned her death with his teammates and Notre Dame fans supporting him, the circumstances will remain a bit confusing. The relationship apparently began on Twitter, according to Deadspin. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a classmate of the woman whose Facebook photos were passed off as Kekua, knew Te'o, and was said in the story to have "created" Kekua. The Deadspin story doesn't explain, for example, how Te'o believed he was talking to Kekua every night until they fell asleep on the phone , as was told in an ESPN.com story .

Yahoo Link
Find something better to do, moron.

colbs

Quote from: GioB26 on January 16, 2013, 10:26:25 pm
Give the young man a break. So he got duped. Hopefully he will learn from this experience and wise up. In the meantime, all you Razorneck haters can stick your head in the mud.  ;D
He didn't get duped he made it all up.

redeye

I'm surprised there's not more anger directed at the media pushing all these stories. That's what I find most concerning.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Fawn Liebowitz is dead?"

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

popcornhog

Quote from: GioB26 on January 16, 2013, 10:26:25 pm

Did he get duped or was he in on it?

I don't know the answer to that question.
WPS

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Eli Cash Ph.D on January 16, 2013, 10:27:39 pm
Is that like a mer-man?
nice Zoolander quote. Maybe Te'o can enroll in the Derek Zoolander School for Football Players Who Can't Lie Well.

arkjay19

Duped....for THREE years?  How gullible can you be?  What is this, Madame Butterfly?

He lied about the situation and now he's lying to cover it up.  I don't know how any sane person can think that more lying in this situation will help anything, because it is only going to get worse.

This ish is insane.  There's no way you get taken by a hoax for THREE years.

ldfergu

Quote from: popcornhog on January 16, 2013, 10:54:45 pm
Did he get duped or was he in on it?

I don't know the answer to that question.
So bizarre..  As for the getting duped: Ur the star linebacker at ND.  It cannot be that difficult to pull high quality tail on the reg.  Much less resort to internet dating??? Really?  Doesn't make sense.

IMO he seems to be in on it.  However, this is so weird i'm not sure I fully understand it.  Hmmmm maybe he gay ::)

LZH

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 16, 2013, 11:04:59 pm
nice Zoolander quote. Maybe Te'o can enroll in the Derek Zoolander School for Football Players Who Can't Lie Well.

Or Jimi Hendrix....."in 1983 a merman I should be".                    :)

arkjay19

Quote from: ldfergu on January 16, 2013, 11:30:41 pm
A LOT of folks at ND.

I'd wager far more people inside Notre Dame than outside care if he is gay.

popcornhog

Quote from: ldfergu on January 16, 2013, 11:30:41 pm
A LOT of folks at ND.

The student body at ND isn't that backward. The administration may or may not be another question.

Nobody under 30 cares if he's gay. That's the most positive thing about my generation, we are much more understanding/accepting/don't really care about people's sexual orientation as compared to our parents.

If the whole thing was a cover up of him being gay that's a pretty negative statement about the people that he surrounded himself with.
WPS

Fatmanhog

Quote from: GioB26 on January 16, 2013, 10:32:08 pm
Find something better to do, moron.
hey bama just scored again.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

DOGALUM

I don't buy his story either.   

Guy is messed in the head. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DukeOfPork

The guy is gay.  I have no problem with him being gay, but virtually everyone in his family, his religion, his university, and on his current and future teams DO have a problem with it.

So he created this elaborate ruse.

It's pathetic.  Just be gay.

My thoughts on the matter:

pigzwillrise

Quote from: popcornhog on January 16, 2013, 11:49:39 pm
The student body at ND isn't that backward. The administration may or may not be another question.

Nobody under 30 cares if he's gay. That's the most positive thing about my generation, we are much more understanding/accepting/don't really care about people's sexual orientation as compared to our parents.

If the whole thing was a cover up of him being gay that's a pretty negative statement about the people that he surrounded himself with.
I'm under 30.  I think homosexuality is absolutely wrong.  I'm disappointed that my generation is accepting of homosexuality.  I'm not saying we should hate homosexuals.  I'm just saying that I believe it is a sin and we should hate the sin.  If you think I'm a terrible and close-minded person for believing that then that's your opinion.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 17, 2013, 12:20:26 am
I'm under 30.  I think homosexuality is absolutely wrong.  I'm disappointed that my generation is accepting of homosexuality.  I'm not saying we should hate homosexuals.  I'm just saying that I believe it is a sin and we should hate the sin.  If you think I'm a terrible and close-minded person for believing that then that's your opinion.

Yep.  You're close minded. 

Just let gay people be gay instead of making them feel pressured to create elaborate fictional stories just to allow you to feel comfortable in the false knowledge that everyone around you is straight.

LZH

Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 17, 2013, 12:20:26 am

I'm with ya on that.  But I'm a card carrying sinner, not gonna cast that first stone.  That's their burden to bear imo.  Acceptance and tolerance are two different things in my mind.

pigzwillrise

Interesting how my comment was interpreted as a complaint.  It was also interpreted as me saying, "I feel comfortable in the false knowledge that everyone around me is straight"

I'm not complaining.  And I realize there are many homosexuals in this world.  I'm simply stating that I'm disappointed that our generation is accepting and open to homosexuality.  I'm simply stating that I believe being gay is wrong.  I don't hate homosexuals.

You're pretty much telling me that because of my beliefs, I'm close-minded and I should keep my beliefs to myself.  Is that not hypocritical?

pigzwillrise

Quote from: LedZepHog on January 17, 2013, 12:45:25 am
I'm with ya on that.  But I'm a card carrying sinner, not gonna cast that first stone.  That's their burden to bear imo.  Acceptance and tolerance are two different things in my mind.
Agreed.  I'm not casting stones.  I'm far from perfect.  All I'm saying is that I personally believe homosexuality is a sin.  That's what I'm saying.  This really isn't a Hogville discussion anyways so I'll let this be the end of it for me.

porknbeans

"We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her."

Hog fans are well acquainted with the tale that can be told by phone records :)
Te'o's phone records will tell the truth. If he doesn't want to release them, I'm thinking there's something (or more accurately, nothing) to hide...
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

LZH

Watching the Oct. 1 interview of him and Gene Wojo right now.  As he talks about her, he never looks up and to the right, which is a sign of accessing his creative-side brain (making shart up).  He does look down (lying) and to the left (memory).  So if this old lie detector trick holds true, I guess he's 'remembering' his lie.    :)

Bebop

Quote from: LedZepHog on January 17, 2013, 12:45:25 am

Exactly.

I don't like the witch hunt that some have for gays when there is sin in people's lives that never get addressed and are commonly accepted in society and in churches. At the sametime, however, I don't think homosexaulity should be considered something that is okay or normal.

porknbeans

Quote from: Head Hawg on January 17, 2013, 01:07:01 am
He won't release a photo of them so we must go to the phone records.. Oh, how comical this truly is becoming.

If his phone is provided by Notre Dame, can you spell F-O-I?
Or maybe not, since Notre Dame is a private university and probably isn't subject to FOI.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

big john

wow i feel sorry for the guy
john goodwin

LZH

Quote from: Chris D on January 17, 2013, 01:12:34 am
Exactly.

I don't like the witch hunt that some have for gays when there is sin in people's lives that never get addressed and are commonly accepted in society and in churches. At the sametime, however, I don't think homosexaulity should be considered something that is okay or normal.

As a weekend musician back in the '80's in places like LR, Memphis, Dallas, you'd meet all kinds of folks.  Many of the guys I've met over the years would flat tell you that their feelings were not something they chose to have.  It's just the way they were/are.  A sin is a sin, and that includes me being hateful to someone because they are wired that way...otherwise harmless, likeable folks.  That's just me though, so I don't really care if Te'o is or not.....just tripping over this whole bizarre story.

LZH