Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS Sports: Road to the Final Four (Pregame Kentucky/LSU Game) Arkansas mention!

Started by Razor6, February 25, 2006, 03:00:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

and the seed will be....

9 (7.4%)
34 (28.1%)
33 (27.3%)
35 (28.9%)
10 or lower
10 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Razor6

(Notable Arkansas mention on CBS at 2:40 pm CST today, February 25, 2006)

Here is a partial transcript of what was said about Arkansas as they were recapping each game of today before cutting to the Kentucky and LSU game. (I am typing this the best I can for you guys who missed it. They also played two Arkansas highlights. Ferg's 3 and Townes lay up from Brewer's feed.  They also showed the last 3 point air ball by Tenn)

Greg Gumble & Seth Davis of CBS

Seth: Upset of the day. And guess what folks? The Arkansas Razorbacks are headed to the NCAA tournament.  And congratulations to Stan Heath's ball club.  They have weathered tremendous adversity all season long.  So many close losses in the SEC on the road.  But guess what? You beat Florida.  You beat Alabama.  You win AT Tennessee. The Arkansas Razorbacks just punched their ticket to the big dance.

Greg: Guess who else has gone to Tennessee and beaten the Volunteers there this year? (pause) Nobody.

Seth: Nobody. That's right.

Greg: First home loss of the year. 73 to 69. Razorbacks win it.

End of transcript. As I could best type/decipher it.

WPS

-R6

Our 2 minutes in the spot light on CBS today thus far.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

hawgsooie

nice. i only caught the tail end of that conversation. good job wps!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrilbilly

tulsahog36

All of a sudden Arkansas is not a team you want to draw the first weekend.   What has happened to Stan and the Hogs?  It has come as a complete shock, but I like it!!!
WPS!!!!!!!!

hawgsooie

i'm so glad to see the talent of this team reflected in wins. and to be rewarded with a tourney bid.

tulsahog36

If arkansas wins out I say they are a 6 seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!! I cant believe I just said that!!!!!!!

hogwild84

I know its still early, but with the remaining schedule, where do you think we will be seeded in the tourney? I see us winning both of our remaining games, winning a couple in the tourney, and being a 6 or 7 seed.

Craig O Squeal

I've seen everything from a 9 to an 11 (before today)...if we keep "Mo" on our side and run the tables the rest of the season and put up AT LEAST one win in the SECT, how high do you think we could go? Could we get to a 5? Or is 6 more reasonable? Thoughts?

Craig O Squeal

That's wild...we both posted the same question at the same time...great minds, huh?

hogwild84

if we win the sec tourney we would be even higher than that!

Craig O Squeal

Well, we WILL be wearing the throwback unis for the tourney, so who knows?!!

Tomhog™

February 25, 2006, 03:16:14 pm #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:18:45 pm by Tomcat
If we take care 'o biness, we'll likely be a 7 seed...

Some already had us a 10 seed BEFORE beating the VOLS!

D-macs cuz

Check out the rankings here, might not stay the same but recognize someone in this group in Dallas?
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5350894

Razorback0918

What about us winning the SEC championship? Ive harldy seen anyone talk about us winning it

Craig O Squeal

D-macs cuz

it will change from what foxsports currently has but this is how it is today.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5350894

hawgsooie

It's good to see Arkansas listed. WPS

Razorback0918

Im kind of more of a football fan and i've never really kept track of the NCAA tournament? Can someone expalin how many teams and seeds to me?

Tomhog™

February 25, 2006, 03:25:24 pm #20 Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:27:06 pm by Tomcat
Another bracket predicition.  Interesting it has odds on getting further.  Says UA 17% chance to be a Sweet 16 team and a 0.37% chance to win it all. Also gives breakdowns on us against each team...

http://teamrankings.com/ncbt/index.php

D-macs cuz

so if i put $10 on arkansas to go to the elite 8, that would be a pretty big payout.

Razorback88

We need to avoid the 8 or 9 because that would have us playing a #1 in the 2nd round.  It would be better to be a 10 or 11(if we can't get a 6 or 7).

WichitaStateRazorback

Im gonna have to say we get a 10 seed.

Razor6

LSU/Kentucky halftime is coming up momentarily... Keep an eye on the halftime report to see if they cover the Hogs again! =)

WPS

-R6

Hogsfan1984

New to the boards but I gotta say based on their recent play a 6 or 7 seed is about right

Razor6

Some how 2 threads just merged together.  The original CBS transcript thread and the "What seed will Arkansas be" voting thread.  Anyone else notice this abnormality?

-R6

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Razor6 on February 25, 2006, 03:34:16 pm
LSU/Kentucky halftime is coming up momentarily... Keep an eye on the halftime report to see if they cover the Hogs again! =)

WPS

-R6

It is on now, said it was a terrific win to Heath and they just played their way into the tournament.

Razor6

They repeated closely to what the had said before.  I think the same film clips...

-R6

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Razor6 on February 25, 2006, 03:38:42 pm
Some how 2 threads just merged together.  The original CBS transcript thread and the "What seed will Arkansas be" voting thread.  Anyone else notice this abnormality?

-R6

Yea its cause i merged them together.  Simple idea actually.  Have two threads discussing the same thing, put them together to make room for other posts.  Sorry but (not pointing figners or anything) some people think they need their own topic to reply to another thread, so we merge em to make room. 

Nothing big, just doing it to make sure there are not 10 threads all sitting on the front page talking about the same thing.

Rainmaker203

If we managed to win the SEC tournament, we would be looking at a 4 seed.  I kid you not.  Just in the last 2 years I can find teams that were on the bubble till the end of the year, caught fire, and were rewarded with much higher than expected seeds (Maryland in 2004, Ga Tech and Florida last year).  If we managed to win the SEC tournament our RPI would be in the mid 20s at worst.  Going into the tournament that red hot, we would be nicely rewarded.

Realistically, I'd say we're looking at a 7 seed.

HouTxRzbck

"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on February 25, 2006, 04:09:50 pm
We finaly getting some love

We've been getting some love throughout the entire bubble process.

The good news now is that we're no longer on the bubble.

"At large bid".

Those 3 words are music to my ears!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

TennesseeRaz

I'm stoked that the Hogs are now pulling out the close ones, but there are still too many variables to project our seed with any degree of accuracy.  We'll probably win against MSU in Fayetteville, but we've still got to win on the road at GA and then the SEC tournament.   If we win MSU, GA, and the SEC tournament, perhaps a 5 seed.  If we lose to GA and the first round of the SEC tournament, then I'd predict a 10 seed.   Hey, at least we're in, and I'll another reason to take a day off of work for March Maddness!

King-Tusk

Gotta love the fact that we can now say we are on an SEC winning streak!!

WPS
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hog caller

i'll bet tht there is no teaqm #10 or lower wants to play the hogs on Sat. quote Paul Eells 

great game to win on the road and great going guys. keep up the good work and take then one at a time.
WPS

Whataboar™

Looking forward to Selection Sunday again.
Boy! It's been a while.
Don't really care about the seed right now ... just glad we're back in the Big Dance.
WPS!  :razorback:
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

Tomhog™

Quote from: tulsahog36 on February 25, 2006, 03:07:22 pm
All of a sudden Arkansas is not a team you want to draw the first weekend.   What has happened to Stan and the Hogs?  It has come as a complete shock, but I like it!!!
WPS!!!!!!!!

What has happened is they finally realized that there is an inside game.  the guys on the inside have been banging away and beating better teams now than we were losing to just a couple of weeks ago...

HogInaStrangeLand

Razor6

We are indeed getting national attention now.

As other threads have posted,  ESPN on their College GameDay sports show with Dick Vitale and Co. gave Arkansas huge props and indeed forsee us in the tournament.  (This is the pregame show in Austin, TX, for the Texas/Kansas game which is on now)

I don't have a transcript to give you all.  But heads are indeed turning our way!

-R6