Started by Franchise_Hog, February 25, 2006, 11:33:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SpasticColon

both playing good ball when it counts.  RTR and SP

lumphog

We`re a LOCK......Baby!!!

hogfan@heart

Quote from: hogwild84 on February 26, 2006, 05:16:41 pm
Still think we need to get the MState win on Wed....Im confident we will, but we look a lot better with 20 wins

I agree. BTW did anyone notice that FL is 5-6 in their last 11. they picked a bad time to stink!

wincrimson

HogCards88

Tideboy

Quote from: hookem_Hell on February 26, 2006, 04:57:07 pm
Quote from: franksbluepills on February 26, 2006, 03:42:17 pm
Has there ever been a school that complained about the officiating as much as Tide fans this season?  I'm sure there has, but I'm just sitting here blown away at the amount of wine these bama fans are producing.   Maybe it's the red coat that Godfrey's sporting.  Who knows? 

Bummer fan's wine about EVERYTHING!!!  and losing is NEVER their FAULT it's the refs or the weather or they had the FLU.  Bummer fans can go frick themselves

I think you mean "whine."  ;)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

hogwild84

All of these teams i think are locks now. 6 for the SEC this year

wincrimson

Quote from: hookem_Hell on February 26, 2006, 05:01:18 pm
Quote from: Josef on February 26, 2006, 04:58:29 pm
WHO DO WE NEED TO WIN THIS GAME?!?!?!

Alabama has the tie breaker w/ us so it doesn't help us if they lose in the standings...BUT I think it's best if FLA wins and stays a top 10 team and we can get in as the SEC's 5th team and Bummer can worry about being the 6th

Doesn't look like that's going to happen... Both of us beat both UT & Florida but we also took down Kentucky at Rupp Arena and have a higher Strength of schedule/RPI. The bottom line is that both Bama and Arkansas are going to the tourney and it doesn't matter who is the SEC's "5th or 6th team."

RTR & WPS

hogwild84

Quote from: wincrimson on February 26, 2006, 05:23:45 pm

Alabama has the tie breaker w/ us so it doesn't help us if they lose in the standings...BUT I think it's best if FLA wins and stays a top 10 team and we can get in as the SEC's 5th team and Bummer can worry about being the 6th

Doesn't look like that's going to happen... Both of us beat both UT & Florida but we also took down Kentucky at Rupp Arena and have a higher Strength of schedule/RPI. The bottom line is that both Bama and Arkansas are going to the tourney and it doesn't matter who is the SEC's "5th or 6th team."

RTR & WPS

What is key for us is that we beat TN- a top 5 RPI team- on their court. Yall beat them in tuscaloosa.  Just having that win so late in the season is a big booster. I dont worry about it bc i believe firmly that we are both in...

wincrimson

Quote from: hogwild84 on February 26, 2006, 05:27:12 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on February 26, 2006, 05:23:45 pm

RTR & WPS

What is key for us is that we beat TN- a top 5 RPI team- on their court. Yall beat them in tuscaloosa.  Just having that win so late in the season is a big booster. I dont worry about it bc i believe firmly that we are both in...

True...

jrw11475

Bama certainly helped their cause today.

jrw11475

hogaddict

The only team that is on the bubble is Kentucky.  That could change if we lose one of our last two and if Kentucky wins.  They need to win at least one more to get in for sure as do we.

HogCards88

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 26, 2006, 05:49:19 pm
Quote from: HogCards88 on February 26, 2006, 05:22:47 pm
Is Florida a bubble team now?

Thats funny.  Florida is in.
Umm...they've lost three straight, and have played horrible since that good start. Typical Florida team, they won't sniff the sweet 16. Bank on it.

hogwildinhouston

February 26, 2006, 06:16:20 pm #165 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 06:20:03 pm by hogwildinhouston

hogwildinhouston

February 26, 2006, 06:16:52 pm #166 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 06:19:23 pm by hogwildinhouston
Quote from: HogCards88 on February 26, 2006, 06:08:03 pm

Umm...they've lost three straight, and have played horrible since that good start. Typical Florida team, they won't sniff the sweet 16. Bank on it.

This is an interesting point.   Florida is at 8-6 now in the SEC, the same as Arkansas.  The 22-6 overall record isn't all that great when you look at their non-conference slate.   The FSU/Miami/Wake wins certainly look less impressive now that all 3 of those teams are obviously average at best.

Florida is a lock, but the question is, why?  Objective question.....why are they more impressive on paper than a 19-8 (8-6) Arkansas team?

RazorWire

Quote from: hogwild84 on February 26, 2006, 05:23:35 pm
All of these teams i think are locks now. 6 for the SEC this year

5   I think Kentucky sits NIT this year.

ReverendRazorback

Here are the 6 SEC teams that I believe are going in this order - still not sure about Kentucky though:
LSU
Tenn
Alabama
Florida
Arkansas
Kentucky
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

silvertip

AND, Hawgs with 11 games vs top 50 have played more games vs top 50 than any other SEC team except LSU (12).

AND Hawgs have more wins vs top 50---at 5---than any SEC team except LSU (6).  WPS!!!

94 Hawg

how bout that SEC West division this weekend!

Arkansas wins @ TN
LSU beats Kentucky
'Bama beats Florida

our top 3 beat theirs 3-zip ;D

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers