• 391,950 Topics
• 22,133 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down

Author Topic: Look back/ahead to the Top 100 College Basketball recruits in the SEC  (Read 93525 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Look back/ahead to the Top 100 College Basketball recruits in the SEC
« Reply #1450 on: February 11, 2018, 08:27:21 am »

2018 Top (4- and 5-star) Basketball Recruits
Last Updated 2/7/18

10. S. Shittu  Vandy
13. Kel Johnson  UK
14. D. Garland    VU
15. I. Quickley    UK
18. Naz Reid       LS
20. Reg Perry      MS
24. Emmitt Wms LS
26. A. Nembhard UF
30. J. Smart        LS
32. T. Herro        UK
53. R. Woodward MS
54. D. Days         LS
64. A. Nesmith    VU
69. Noah Locke   UF
80. Key Johnson  UF
89. J. Butler    Bama
93. Ant. Jones   A&M
99. E. Henderson Ark
101. T. Watson   MU
103. A. Ngumezi UG
105. DJ Stewart  MS
120. K. Embery  Ark

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1452 on: February 17, 2018, 05:52:46 pm »

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Kentucky basketball: Could Jarred Vanderbilt be Kentucky’s Dennis Rodman? John Calipari thinks so

“I’m probably No. 1 in the country in missed layups within 5 feet or something like that,” Vanderbilt said. “But I try to just keep playing hard, rebounding and do everything else my team needs me to do.”

That’s where the Rodman comparison makes sense. Rodman played 14 seasons in the NBA, has five championship rings, two All-Star appearances, two Defensive Player of the Year awards and was named to eight all-defense teams.

Rodman only averaged 7.3 points per game in his career, but he averaged 13.1 rebounds. He led the NBA in rebounding seven seasons.

“That’s who he is,” Calipari said of Vanderbilt. “Be Dennis Rodman. He did all right. He can guard every position, he can rebound offensively and defensively. He can pass. He’s skilled.”

Vanderbilt, the 12th-ranked prospect in the 2017 class, is averaging 18.3 rebounds, 13 points and 1.9 blocks per 40 minutes. He has 69 rebounds in 151 minutes.

Avery Johnson wasn’t surprised by Vanderbilt.

“He was a guy we had a couple of stars by his name in the scouting report,” Johnson said. “Everybody talks about Knox and Alexander, but in games like this, you need a utility guy.”

Or as Vanderbilt put it, the “energy guy.”

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1453 on: February 18, 2018, 11:15:03 am »

Why won’t John Calipari bench Hamidou Diallo?

‘That’s what you’d want me to do with your son?’

Kyle Tucker: So why is Kentucky coach John Calipari sticking with the former 5-star recruit as a starting guard for the struggling Wildcats?

“Let’s think about it,” Calipari said Saturday. “It’s your son and he’s struggling. It’s your son now, not somebody else’s son. Your son. Would you want me to just bench him and say, ‘We’ll worry about it next year?’ That’s what you’d want me to do with your son?

“I would say you’d say, ‘Hey, Coach, he’s responsible for himself, but please keep coaching him and let him know you love him and keep being there for him — but hold him accountable. If he’s not going to listen to you, you should not play him.”

So Calipari keeps starting Diallo, but he also continues to shrink his minutes... Diallo did not play the final 5:12 against Alabama on Saturday, during which time Kentucky turned a 2-point lead into a 10-point win in part because it committed zero turnovers and took no bad shots.

Diallo, who flirted with the NBA draft after enrolling at UK last January and practicing with the Cats but not playing, was considered a potential lottery pick heading into this season. He is now widely considered a fringe first-round prospect — and that’s based largely on his world-class athleticism, which includes a 44 ½-inch vertical leap.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #1455 on: February 21, 2018, 07:24:17 pm »

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports
6h6 hours ago

Collin Sexton is one of the top point guards in the country. The same can be said about Jared Harper.

This will be the key matchup when Alabama plays Auburn: Sexton vs. Harper.
 https://trib.al/HWaDbpw

Before he was the "Young Bull" or a top-ranked recruit, Collin Sexton was a Pebblebrook High School newcomer who was humbled often by Jared Harper.

The team did a one-on-one session after practices. The winner of each game stayed on the court and played another teammate. The loser had to go off to the side and wait for another opportunity.

Sometimes, Sexton and Harper played until late at night. And, at least early on, Sexton usually lost.

"We'd go until 11 or 12 o'clock waiting on Collin to get a win," said George Washington, who coached Sexton and Harper at Pebblebrook. "And if he did win, Jared would be like, 'It's a fluke.' And they'd end up playing again and going back and forth, and I'd just end up leaving the gym and leaving them in the gym and going home because we'd be in there all night waiting on those two to finish playing."

They still play whenever they're both home in Georgia. Sessions that typically start with drills and shooting around will transition to these two playing one-on-one and going back and forth like they probably will Wednesday night.

Sexton is one of the top point guards in the country. The same can be said about Harper. And this will be the key matchup when Alabama plays Auburn, Sexton vs. Harper.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas