Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the FLA message board

Started by A-Town Hog Fan, January 31, 2006, 08:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

due to their #1 recruiting class.  In assumption of this superiority they believe that any team that they will easily be in the hunt for a National Championship for the next 50yrs.  This is the same arrogance that acompanies most teams after all the publicity given to their class..... take a look at this post on the Ole Miss board (Link-> http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&mid=68081915&sid=&tid=68081915&style=1 ) "They are already talking national championship."

Florida  has to play 7 straight weeks before they get a break in their scheduling - first 2 games are against Conference USA school's ...then they go into Knoxville (LOSS) then they get Alabama & Kentucky at home before facing LSU for homecoming (LOSS) Then at Auburn (LOSS)  (break before cocktail party) then home -vs- Georgia then at Vandy then Spurrier visits Gainsville (LOSS) another patsy in the Western Carolina Catamounts .....then its off to at FLORIDA ST (LOSS)  revenge game.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoophogs on February 01, 2006, 04:29:14 pm
I understand.  I don't blame them for blasting our fans for spewing venom.... hell, I blast our fans for it when I see it.  

I take exception to some of the comments about the kids. 

And yes, we do have to hope that Malzahn can adjust to the collegiate game, I think he will.   Remember, it's not like Malzahn is completely being thrown to the wolves on his own.  Alex Wood will be there to help and Nutt.... like him or not, is a resource too.

Hoop, I was agreeing 110% with you on all points, until you brought NUTT into the picture.......Good post otherwise........hehehehe

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 01, 2006, 04:43:12 pm
due to their #1 recruiting class.  In assumption of this superiority they believe that any team that they will easily be in the hunt for a National Championship for the next 50yrs.  This is the same arrogance that acompanies most teams after all the publicity given to their class..... take a look at this post on the Ole Miss board (Link-> http://olemiss.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=943&mid=68081915&sid=&tid=68081915&style=1 ) "They are already talking national championship."

Florida  has to play 7 straight weeks before they get a break in their scheduling - first 2 games are against Conference USA school's ...then they go into Knoxville (LOSS) then they get Alabama & Kentucky at home before facing LSU for homecoming (LOSS) Then at Auburn (LOSS)  (break before cocktail party) then home -vs- Georgia then at Vandy then Spurrier visits Gainsville (LOSS) another patsy in the Western Carolina Catamounts .....then its off to at FLORIDA ST (LOSS)  revenge game.

WOOPIG, if you keep reading on this board there are some arrogant ones out there proclaiming WE will be in the hunt for a national championship... !!!!!  it goes both ways, my brutha!!!!!   and Ole Miss, this is like their first time in the top 20 so you can see where that's coming from...... There would be some on this board talking the same ol crap....oh, but we're around #30........

HoopS

I assure you, I started to leave that out. 

I thought about petitioning a name change from nutt huggers or supporters to jock straps.  Lol.  Think that would fly?

Btw, I am undeclared at this point.  Signing day for me is next bowl season.

turbo2000

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on February 01, 2006, 11:02:07 am
If Gus can alialate high school opponents with high school players, why can't he do the same thing to college teams with college players?

I agree. A great coach is a great coach, regardless if he is at the high school level or the college level. Which brings me to ask. Which would be more difficult to do, coach players in college, who can play at a high level or high school players who may have never played a down of football before? College players may have some bad habits the coach will need to fix, but are talented players. They were, and may still be, considered star players.
High school players are raw, needing someone to mold them into quality players. They may be star players, they may be future star players, or they may never be stars. Whatever the level they all need quailty coaching.
I'm sure there are numerous differences between high school and college coaching, someone like me will never know. But, it would be interesting to hear some more.