Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State game thread

Started by hogfan13, January 07, 2006, 05:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall baumgartne

I thought we got some bs calls against us tonight,like when brewer was driving and got pushed hard,but no freaking call,but steven hill can just look at somebody and get the blow i guess its his size

HogHeathen

Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 09:44:45 pm
no problems guys, I will move along now..
Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 09:37:30 pm
well applauded HogHeaten...

Why be here the WHOLE game msu?

why not? Lanny (hSv) don't seem to have a problem with me being here and he owns the board. Sorry if some of you are apparently offended by me being here but I am calling it like I see it, if Hogs would have won I sure the hell would have congratulated you on the win. But sure I can go hang out at my own message board, makes me no difference really.

I think it makes a difference for you...

mountainhog

well, hog fan,  im 44 yrs old and i gurantee that i could go outside and hit 7 of 10 freethrows without warming up, and i havent picked a ball up in years.  if they shoot 60 stinking percent we would have won

msudawgs64

Quote from: HogHeathen on January 07, 2006, 09:47:26 pm
Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 09:44:45 pm
no problems guys, I will move along now..
Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 09:37:30 pm
well applauded HogHeaten...

Why be here the WHOLE game msu?

why not? Lanny (hSv) don't seem to have a problem with me being here and he owns the board. Sorry if some of you are apparently offended by me being here but I am calling it like I see it, if Hogs would have won I sure the hell would have congratulated you on the win. But sure I can go hang out at my own message board, makes me no difference really.

I think it makes a difference for you...

well you think wrong then...
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hogfankb

Quote from: Randall baumgartne on January 07, 2006, 09:45:45 pm
I thought we got some bs calls against us tonight,like when brewer was driving and got pushed hard,but no freaking call,but steven hill can just look at somebody and get the blow i guess its his size

refs were bad both ways. that foul wouldn't have mattered the way we were shooting free throws tonight. it was just one game though. it will be very interesting to see how we preform on a short week against what is looking like a very quickly improving LSU team

hogfankb

Quote from: mountainhog on January 07, 2006, 09:47:41 pm
well, hog fan, im 44 yrs old and i gurantee that i could go outside and hit 7 of 10 freethrows without warming up, and i havent picked a ball up in years. if they shoot 60 stinking percent we would have won

I absolutely agree. But would have to be coached how to shoot them before you go out and shoot them? I just don't see how you expect a college coach to have to teach his players to shoot free throws.

mountainhog

I dont ,, like i said , he recruited them

hogfankb

Quote from: mountainhog on January 07, 2006, 09:55:10 pm
I dont ,, like i said , he recruited them

should we have passed on these top rated players and gone for guys like cranford/munsey because they can shoot free throws? we had an off night. going into the game we were a 68% ft shooting team. not great obviously but if we shoot anywhere near that we win this game easily.

Boarcephus

FT shooting simply boils down to this....if you want it bad enough and you're mentally tough, you are a good FT shooter. Period. Good FT shooting isn't based on being 7 foot tall or having a 40" verticle.  It's  based on playing a one on one game at a line, 15 feet from the goal with your only opponent  being the one inside your head. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogfankb

we were 4th in the SEC in FT% going into this game. Are you telling me that heath stopped coaching them before this game so now they can't make them? Or was it that free throws are harder against tougher competition? We had an off night.

Boarcephus

Stiffer competition should make little difference at the line.  I'm sure Heath coaches FT's as well as any other collegiate coach but this team is just not a very good shooting team.   I can see one player having an off night but a whole team?   This team is just not a very good shooting team.  Our 3 point shooting bears this out.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

mountainhog

Well maybe im old school , i shot 84% on our high school team and was 3rd best.  i guess i just have a hard time seeing talent like we do have , that cant make the shots when it counts.  Im just frustrated right now. lol

hogfankb

shooting is obviously a problem with this team. that is why we need our big men like townes/thomas scoring. i have no idea what was wrong with townes tonight. i just don't think one game in another teams gym should be what we base our whole season on.

and yes mountainhog that is old school but I am right with you. i still shoot free throws regularly and would be disgusted with myself if i shot below 80%. but that isn't the way basketball is anymore. just look at the NBA. these guys are at the top level of basketball and many cannot shoot better than 60%.

hogfan13

Thanks to all the Members that kept this Thread going you don't get a reward but