Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did we secretly fire Heath today?

Started by Jim Harris, February 22, 2007, 06:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

I will shed no tears if Heath is fired. He may be a great guy, but the truth is that only counts in your favor if you're winning. Same with graduation rates. I don't think Heath has the program where it should be, and in five years I don't feel any attachment to him whatsoever.

Having said that, if we buy him out or send him on his way before the end of our last game this season, only one word will describe it.

Chickensh*t.

JHGiunta

Quote from: pigface on February 22, 2007, 07:19:22 pm
Sean McCurdy is taking us to the big dance.   He will own the SEC tournament.

Stan the Man made the right job-security decision.  Sean is the future!!

You should seriously consider putting down the spoon and lighter.

Silver Hog

Stan is basically alone...

nutt had Herring, his brother and Gus to save his career.

Sonofahog

Quote from: HoopSlap on February 22, 2007, 07:45:32 pm
Stan was handed a program that was doomed from the get-go.  He has improved every season.  However, he has now taken a step back.  Barring a great run, he will be fired.   I'm ok with, even though I like Stan.  I'm proud to be represented by him and really wish he hadn't lost his team.  Again, I believe he has probably lost his job now.  I hope they handle his departure with class because to me, he has been nothing but classy. 

Thats the thing I hate about it all.  I like Stan.  But I like to win also.  Stan is a class act,  and if I am not mistaken,  didn't HE set the expectation of NCAA or bust this year?   If so,  I don't think it will take a firing,  he might just step aside.  That is how much class I think he has.  I am probably wrong about it,  but that is the perception I get.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:10:53 pm
NUTT: Wins big games on the road.

Stan: Bwahahahah!

This season we beat Auburn on the road, big win, I agree.

You said games.  What are the others? 
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

yocdaddy

Unfortunately, Stan needs his walking papers.  I say unfortunately, because he seems to be a genuinely good person.  He just couldn't get the job done.  He could go back to a mid-major level conference and probably do well.  He is not good enough for a major conference.  At least he is an honest man, with integrity. 

Nutt needs his walking papers for completely different reasons. Let's face it, he has had a couple of seasons that were surprises.  Overall, he is not that good.  He is a used car salesman.  He will stretch the truth, hide the truth, and flat out lie to sell us next season.  He is a man of little integrity.  He should have stood behind Mustain, instead of leading the revolt.  He should have stood up for his assistant coach, even if there is a philosophical difference. 

I say bring in Gillespie or Self!  I say promote Herring to head coach, Rocker to DC, move Campbell to secondary coach where he belongs, and send the other jabroni's packing.  Anybody with a pulse and a little backbone would beat those other guys.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 22, 2007, 08:08:21 pm
Unfortunately, Stan needs his walking papers.  I say unfortunately, because he seems to be a genuinely good person.  He just couldn't get the job done.  He could go back to a mid-major level conference and probably do well.  He is not good enough for a major conference.  At least he is an honest man, with integrity. 

Nutt needs his walking papers for completely different reasons. Let's face it, he has had a couple of seasons that were surprises.  Overall, he is not that good.  He is a used car salesman.  He will stretch the truth, hide the truth, and flat out lie to sell us next season.  He is a man of little integrity.  He should have stood behind Mustain, instead of leading the revolt.  He should have stood up for his assistant coach, even if there is a philosophical difference. 

I say bring in Gillespie or Self!  I say promote Herring to head coach, Rocker to DC, move Campbell to secondary coach where he belongs, and send the other jabroni's packing.  Anybody with a pulse and a little backbone would beat those other guys.

Who runs the offense in your scenario, Lee? Wood? Or do we beg Gus to come home?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 22, 2007, 08:06:53 pm

Texas for starters...

LR Hog

When was the last time Stan Heath had a plane from another big program waiting for him to get on and fly off into the sunset?
Like a boss.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 22, 2007, 07:42:11 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:28:38 pm
Quote from: riccoar on February 22, 2007, 07:25:53 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:19:39 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 07:18:09 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:15:11 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 07:13:32 pm
It's not just the leadership either.  Even the U of A controlled media has a double standard.  They won't ever say anything negative about Nutt, but Heath...they take off the gloves.

Are you sure they don't treat Stan with kid gloves?  Where was the outcry when the #1 Bball player went out of state?  I must have missed the weeks worth of coverage that got.

Stan has been lousy on the road for a long time...only now are the papers starting to become almost sarcastic about his road performance. 

I was mainly talking about Chuck and Rick.  It just seems to me that they can say nothing about Houston, but they are critical of the basketball program and Heath all the time. 

I'm trying to look at this with a neutral point of view.  Am I missing something?

Who knows, but regardless about how people feel about Nutt, that doesn't change the fact that STAN deserves to be ripped and fired.  That's neutral.  Stan's record speaks for itself, and if he's sent packing, he's earned it.

Apparently you've never heard John Walker in a courtroom.  He would try and argue that manufacturers of pens are racist because they don't make white ones.  Did you really ever think when we were hiring Nolan's replacement that we would hire a white guy?  They were at least that smart in their hiring process.

So, you think they were smart in their hiring process because they hired a black coach (who, by the way is incompetent)?  Wow.  Just...wow.

Well, it is pretty well accepted that JFB wanted Bill Self, and Self was interested. Problem was, we couldn't pay Self more money than Nolan was getting. Hence, Plan B.

The other problem was that Self is caucasian.

hOUSTon NUTT

February 22, 2007, 08:35:18 pm #60 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:37:10 pm by hOUSTon NUTT
At #24 So. Car. on Oct. 14, 2000
At #13 Miss. St. on Nov. 18, 2000
2001 (We didn't play a ranked team on the road)
At #24 Auburn on Oct. 12, 2002
At #5 Texas on Sept. 13, 2003
(2004/2005 we were ofer in big games on the road)
At #2 Auburn on Oct. 7, 2006

Gotta hate the facts.  Hell, that's as many wins on the road in 7 years against RANKED teams than Stan has in basketball altogether!!!

ShellHog

Geeeze, beating Miss St, Ole Miss, Vandy on the road in Football is BIG.
BBall team can't beat Auby, Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina in front of aroung 500 or 600 hundred people on the road.
In SEC football...ALL road wins are HUGE....Not so in basketball!!!

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: ShellHog on February 22, 2007, 08:35:52 pm

BBall team can't beat Auby, Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina in front of aroung 500 or 600 hundred people on the road.

Look above your post...

The Pig Lebowski

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:09:39 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 07:00:08 pm
The double standard is unbelievable.  I've got a question for you Huggers.  Why is there a double standard with Heath and Nutt? 

Nutt 3 championship appearances...7 out of 9 seasons, post-season.

Stan:  Bwahahahahah!

All you have to do to appear in a post season game in football is finish barely over .500.......not the same with basketball......bad comparison

not to mention, we got embarrassed in a lot of those post season appearances by "lesser" programs
"Avoid irritation"

ShellHog

February 22, 2007, 08:47:42 pm #64 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:49:42 pm by ShellHog
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 08:37:41 pm
Quote from: ShellHog on February 22, 2007, 08:35:52 pm

BBall team can't beat Auby, Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina in front of around 500 or 600 hundred people on the road.

Look above your post...

Yep...I was typing.

I just hate that HOGS stink at BBALL.....I mean, no other administration/fans in the SEC West even care if they have halfway decent Basketball team...yet Hogs can't win consistently?

Thank God we have Houston and HOG Football!!!!  Just kidding (kind-of).  Shoot, maybe I'm not kidding...I really like winning SEC West in Football.

pigfeet

Quote from: KinkosHog on February 22, 2007, 06:54:03 pm
Quote from: drakehog on February 22, 2007, 06:53:22 pm
Clay sure sounds like it on Sportsrappers. And he sounded more excited than I've heard him in a while talking about Billy Gillespie and how he'd always be second fiddle to Texas when he's at A&M, which is why Arkansas should appeal to him.

If they fire Heath then they should've fire Nutt last year, just don't get it.

I was thinking the same thing.

He said that Arkansas won't get to the NCAAT, or in all likelihood won't, and that would lead to Heath's dismissal.
Quote from: drakehog on February 22, 2007, 06:53:22 pm
Clay sure sounds like it on Sportsrappers. And he sounded more excited than I've heard him in a while talking about Billy Gillespie and how he'd always be second fiddle to Texas when he's at A&M, which is why Arkansas should appeal to him.

The double standard is unbelievable.  I've got a question for you Huggers.  Why is there a double standard with Heath and Nutt? 
If you say race you are a fool.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2007, 08:51:36 pm

Did I say race?  I was discussing the double standard between football and basketball.  Why is there one?  You tell me.

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 22, 2007, 07:20:35 pm
Quote from: merccedes on February 22, 2007, 07:12:49 pm
I think they entered into thier respective seasons pretty much on equal ground Nutt goes 10-4 and makes a big bowl Heath has 11 loses and will not make the big dance. therefore one gets canned and one dont.

No reason to compare the two sports but since we're at it, why did Nutt enter on even ground?  He went 4-7 after going 5-6 and lost to Vandy.  That's far worse than anything Heath has pulled.  You just cherrypicked your comparison point.  Let's not even factor the saga into the mix.
Far worse than 9-19? Far worse than 12 wins his second year? Far worse than 6-32?

Quote from: riccoar on February 22, 2007, 07:25:53 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:19:39 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 07:18:09 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:15:11 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 07:13:32 pm
It's not just the leadership either.  Even the U of A controlled media has a double standard.  They won't ever say anything negative about Nutt, but Heath...they take off the gloves.

Are you sure they don't treat Stan with kid gloves?  Where was the outcry when the #1 Bball player went out of state?  I must have missed the weeks worth of coverage that got.

Stan has been lousy on the road for a long time...only now are the papers starting to become almost sarcastic about his road performance. 

I was mainly talking about Chuck and Rick.  It just seems to me that they can say nothing about Houston, but they are critical of the basketball program and Heath all the time. 

I'm trying to look at this with a neutral point of view.  Am I missing something?

Who knows, but regardless about how people feel about Nutt, that doesn't change the fact that STAN deserves to be ripped and fired.  That's neutral.  Stan's record speaks for itself, and if he's sent packing, he's earned it.

Apparently you've never heard John Walker in a courtroom.  He would try and argue that manufacturers of pens are racist because they don't make white ones.  Did you really ever think when we were hiring Nolan's replacement that we would hire a white guy?  They were at least that smart in their hiring process.
John Walker LOST the Nolan trial and appeal.

stronguard

STANLEY is a piss poor coach.   HDN and Gardener are awful too, but not nearly as poor as STANLEY. 

STANLEY must go. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Quote from: Uncle Jed on February 22, 2007, 07:45:11 pm
Guys, we should not fall for this.   Official word must have come down to RS, CB, and their mafia that Stan is done.   Like Bacon said, it is their intent (scheme) to fire Stan to divert attention and heat away from Nutt.   And watch for a very long and drawn out search for the head BB coach - enough to get us complaining about it.   They want us thinking basketball - not football.    

Relentless heat and pressure will crack the nutt.     Keep focus.
The fact that you want to think football and not basketball in late February is prove of just how far our basketball program has fallen. We are not even good enough for most of us to care anymore.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2007, 08:59:49 pm
The fact that you want to think football and not basketball in late February is prove of just how far our basketball program has fallen. We are not even good enough for most of us to care anymore.

Ain't it amazing.  I remember when basketball mattered.

razorhead94

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 22, 2007, 07:20:35 pmNo reason to compare the two sports but since we're at it, why did Nutt enter on even ground?  He went 4-7 after going 5-6 and lost to Vandy.  That's far worse than anything Heath has pulled.  You just cherrypicked your comparison point.  Let's not even factor the saga into the mix.
Quote from: merccedes on February 22, 2007, 07:12:49 pm
I think they entered into thier respective seasons pretty much on equal ground Nutt goes 10-4 and makes a big bowl Heath has 11 loses and will not make the big dance. therefore one gets canned and one dont.

Here is the difference between the two.  Heath has TALENT.  Every starter was rated a 4 star coming out of high school.  whenver nutt went through his two losing seasons, he even said that those would be down years.  I dont think heath said this did he??  "Hey guys we could have a down year"...no he said we will back in the tourney and hopefully go farther.  Its obvious that we have more talent than auburn, south carolina, georgia, ole miss.  We are getting outhustled and outcoached.  It is pitiful to watch because you know this team is better talent wise than their competition.  You cant say that about the football team when they play for example florida.  Please dont tell me that we have better talent than florida and lsu.  Granted we should have won those games but we are sometimes over matched against those types of teams.  It is easy to see that stan cannot get the job done.  Heath is below .500 in sec play while nutt is above .500 in sec play.  To me its an easy decision to fine Heath. 

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

ShellHog

Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 08:53:29 pm

Did I say race?  I was discussing the double standard between football and basketball.  Why is there one?  You tell me.

What Double Standard?
Football-Won a very strong SEC West
Basketball-5th in a VERY WEAK SEC West

There seems to be a high Variance between Nutt & Heath's success this season..........RIGHT?

RhodeHog

Quote from: ShellHog on February 22, 2007, 09:00:54 pm

What Double Standard?

There seems to be a high Variance between Nutt & Heath's success this season..........RIGHT?

This season, yes.  I was looking at their total U of A careers.  Nutt's 9 seasons, and Heath's 5 seasons.

ShellHog

Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 09:02:05 pm

What Double Standard?

This season, yes.  I was looking at their total U of A careers.  Nutt's 9 seasons, and Heath's 5 seasons.

I would love to see comparison's of Heath and Nutt's last 5 season's....I'm ALL about facts.

What exactly are the Facts?  You said double standard.

How do they stack up? 

RhodeHog

I'm not talking about the last 5 seasons.  I'm talking about Nutt's 9 compared to Heath's 5.  Heath has steadily improved each year until this year.  Nutt had back to back losing seasons the two years prior to this one, two year pass or not.  Look at the TOTAL body of work.  Nutt has had 9 years to do NOTHING with the football program, while Heath will most likely be fired after 5. 

I don't like Heath.  His basketball is boring to me, and I haven't had the desire to go to any of his games.  However, I don't like double standards.  If Nutt gets a pass for dividing the fan base and having only 1 great year, then Heath deserves a pass also.

The media is the main point of my statement.  The U of A controlled media criticizes Heath constantly but will NEVER criticize Nutt, even after the back to back losing seasons.  That my friend is a double standard.

wirebender25

When Auburn's tallest player is 6-7 and out rebounds us.........what else is there.

mbgrulz

i hate to break it to some of you, but as much as a lot of you love football, we are a basketball school.

kentucky doesnt hold their FB coach to the same standard as they do tubby smith do they?

UNC considers football as a second class sport (until they got BD)

how 'bout Syracuse? Uconn?

the list goes on, but bottom line is that in the SEC west, we are the perennial power in BB. there are several schools (bama, auburn, LSU) that think of themselves as football schools, but we are the basketball powerhouse and we need to act like it. 6-33 on the road is not arkansas basketball, i dont care what kind of guy you are, or what color you are.

its time for a new general.

please let it be billy G!

silvertip

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 22, 2007, 07:41:17 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:34:37 pm
6-33

That's all I need to get rid of Heath.  I don't need Clay, Chuck, Wally, Mike, Rick, Randy, anybody. 

6-33

Stan gets the job done 15% of the time.  Bottomline.
road schmoad. hell, we can't even win at home half of the time now.

See, it's this kind of post that makes people say "at least get your facts right."

Oh, so "we can't win at home half the time now."

Facts:home record

'06-07.........ALL 12-2...SEC 4-2
'05-'06.........ALL 15-1...SEC 7-1
LAST 2 YRS..ALL 27-3...SEC 11-3

Geez, have some pride people.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: RhodeHog on February 22, 2007, 09:18:22 pm
I'm not talking about the last 5 seasons.  I'm talking about Nutt's 9 compared to Heath's 5.  Heath has steadily improved each year until this year.  Nutt had back to back losing seasons the two years prior to this one, two year pass or not.  Look at the TOTAL body of work.  Nutt has had 9 years to do NOTHING with the football program, while Heath will most likely be fired after 5. 

I don't like Heath.  His basketball is boring to me, and I haven't had the desire to go to any of his games.  However, I don't like double standards.  If Nutt gets a pass for dividing the fan base and having only 1 great year, then Heath deserves a pass also.

The media is the main point of my statement.  The U of A controlled media criticizes Heath constantly but will NEVER criticize Nutt, even after the back to back losing seasons.  That my friend is a double standard.

You're just wrong, here.  6-33 and Stan has had an easy road as coach.

1.  He didn't get bashed for losing the #1 recruit in state to OSU, but Nutt did for losing our #1 to Auburn.

2.  He didn't get bashed for his horrible efforts on the road, but Nutt's getting creamed after a 10-4 year.

To say that there's a double standard based upon what you heard today on the radio is unfair.  I haven't read anything from Wally about Stan remotely close to what's been said about the "more successful" Nutt just up Razorback road.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: silvertip on February 22, 2007, 09:34:11 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on February 22, 2007, 07:41:17 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 07:34:37 pm
6-33

That's all I need to get rid of Heath.  I don't need Clay, Chuck, Wally, Mike, Rick, Randy, anybody. 

6-33

Stan gets the job done 15% of the time.  Bottomline.
road schmoad. hell, we can't even win at home half of the time now.

See, it's this kind of post that makes people say "at least get your facts right."

Oh, so "we can't win at home half the time now."

Facts:home record

'06-07.........ALL 12-2...SEC 4-2
'05-'06.........ALL 15-1...SEC 7-1
LAST 2 YRS..ALL 27-3...SEC 11-3

Geez, have some pride people.

Stan's had big wins at home...can't deny it.  But it's the schlimp team on the road that's just amazing...

HoopS

I know what the PTB are thinking.   They think that this, firing Heath, will shut the non-Nutthuggers up.   They think that we will somehow forget Nutt's past problems and focus on getting that *Big Named* hoops coach. And by the time that is over with, why it would simply be too late to worry with Brotha Dale and let's just move forward with our Heisman hopeful and hey, we have Billy Gillespie!  What more do you fans want?

If you are reading this, whoever you are, we will not stop.  You know the one thing that could unite us all.  Do the right thing.  That doesn't mean that I don't want the *Big Named* coach, I do.  Gillespie, Petino, Self, Few, ...the list goes on.  We deserve a great coach in basketball and football.  Our current football coach is polarizing, he even said it himself.  You can't have that.  Do the right thing, or just go ahead and completely destroy a once proud program.

And HDN, if you are reading this, if you truly love this program, you should be able to see what's going on.   Take the buyout.  Bow out gracefully and let someone else help us begin to heal.  We're split, brotha.  At some point, you have to back away and assess the situation.  Upon doing so, you should be able to see the answer.  I've never seen Arkansas fans so unhappy.   Unhappy on the heals of 10 wins.  They say you are at your best with your back against the wall.  Well, consider it against the wall from now on because a portion of the fans will never off easy.   Not anymore.  Too many lives ruined and bridges burned.    Do what's right.

ShellHog

February 22, 2007, 09:50:56 pm #84 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:55:11 pm by ShellHog
Quote from: HoopSlap on February 22, 2007, 09:40:24 pm
I know what the PTB are thinking.   They think that this, firing Heath, will shut the non-Nutthuggers up.   They think that we will somehow forget Nutt's past problems and focus on getting that *Big Named* hoops coach. And by the time that is over with, why it would simply be too late to worry with Brotha Dale and let's just move forward with our Heisman hopeful and hey, we have Billy Gillespie!  What more do you fans want?

If you are reading this, whoever you are, we will not stop.  You know the one thing that could unite us all.  Do the right thing.  That doesn't mean that I don't want the *Big Named* coach, I do.  Gillespie, Petino, Self, Few, ...the list goes on.  We deserve a great coach in basketball and football.  Our current football coach is polarizing, he even said it himself.  You can't have that.  Do the right thing, or just go ahead and completely destroy a once proud program.

And HDN, if you are reading this, if you truly love this program, you should be able to see what's going on.   Take the buyout.  Bow out gracefully and let someone else help us begin to heal.  We're split, brotha.  At some point, you have to back away and assess the situation.  Upon doing so, you should be able to see the answer.  I've never seen Arkansas fans so unhappy.   Unhappy on the heals of 10 wins.  They say you are at your best with your back against the wall.  Well, consider it against the wall from now on because a portion of the fans will never off easy.   Not anymore.  Too many lives ruined and bridges burned.    Do what's right.

Its much simpler than the that.....
Football Coach....Win, Keep your job. Lose, your gone!
Basketball Coach...Win, Keep your job. Lose, See ya!

If the football coach wins the SEC West and/or plays in New Years Day Bowl, they should probably keep their Job.
If the BBall coach can make the NCAA Tournament, their job status should probably be safe considering half the SEC teams usually make NCAAT.

Its actually pretty simple........     

RedSatinHog

Be honest with yourself.  While 7 out of 9 seasons in bowls may be the truth on the surface, 3 of those post-season appearances were the equivalent of going to the NIT (Music City, Las Vegas, Weedeater).  No one takes any of those bowls seriously.

Nutt's first team had several players who went on to play in the NFL within 2 seasons of his arrival.  Heath didn't even start out with ONE who went to the NBA.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

silvertip

What Double Standard?

NOT RIGHT. The results are not in. If you evaluated the Hawg FB team with 3 games to go, they would have been in the BCSCG game.

(1) First off, you don't know where the BB team is going to finish this season in the SEC West this year.

(2) The SEC West is NOT a "VERY WEAK SEC West."

First off the SEC is a stronger overall conference than last year---FIRST overal conference in RPI this year, compared to 4th last year.

Second, the SEC West is stronger this year than last year. Average RPI of 63 this year compared to 68 last year. The lowest RPI team this year is 112. Last year, the THREE bottom West teams were 115, 116, 156.

If you want to compare this year's FB team to this year's BB team, FIRST wait until the BB season is over. In the meantime, get a realistic assessment of the SEC West BB strength.

ShellHog

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on February 22, 2007, 09:52:04 pm

Be honest with yourself.  While 7 out of 9 seasons in bowls may be the truth on the surface, 3 of those post-season appearances were the equivalent of going to the NIT (Music City, Las Vegas, Weedeater).  No one takes any of those bowls seriously.

Nutt's first team had several players who went on to play in the NFL within 2 seasons of his arrival.  Heath didn't even start out with ONE who went to the NBA.

No double Standard.
Football last 9 seasons under Nutt....Average.
Basketball last 5 seasons under Heath.....Well below Average.

If anybody needs to go, its Heath.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on February 22, 2007, 09:52:04 pm

Okay, so counting the NIT, how many times has Heath been to the post season?

hogman64

I really really want Nutt fired  and I wouldnt mind Stan being fired because I dont think he is ever going to be a good head coach........but basketball has me so beat down I dont even get upset anymore when we lose..........However I think if Stan gets fired, we  on the darkside , get a whole new group to join us shouting for Nutt to be fired too........So Fire Stan and turn the heat up higher than ever on Nutt...........Pretty much anything that helps get Nutt fired,I am for..........

humphrey

If Stan is gone it will NOT take the heat off of Houston. In fact it will increase the call for Nutt to go because he is the only one left that needs to go.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 08:27:37 pm

Texas for starters...

Yeah, and what happened shortly after that?  Facts, they're a bitch.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ShellHog

Quote from: silvertip on February 22, 2007, 09:57:02 pm

What Double Standard?

NOT RIGHT. The results are not in. If you evaluated the Hawg FB team with 3 games to go, they would have been in the BCSCG game.

(1) First off, you don't know where the BB team is going to finish this season in the SEC West this year.

First off the SEC is a stronger overall conference than last year---FIRST overal conference in RPI this year, compared to 4th last year.

Second, the SEC West is stronger this year than last year. Average RPI of 63 this year compared to 68 last year. The lowest RPI team this year is 112. Last year, the THREE bottom West teams were 115, 116, 156.

If you want to compare this year's FB team to this year's BB team, FIRST wait until the BB season is over. In the meantime, get a realistic assessment of the SEC West BB strength.

Alright, We will wait until the end of the season to see how SEC West teams end up compared to last season....I'll give you that.
06'  LSU, Alabama, Arkansas in NCAA...LSU Final Four - Alabama sweet 16 (I think).
07' ?????

07' may end up better...but I just don't see it.

HoopS

I'm not saying keep Stan...

Shell, you mentioned bowls and the ncaat as kind of measuring sticks.   Sure HDN has gotten us to bowl games 7 out of 9 times.   We had to beg to go to the Vegas bowl, just to get pistol-whipped by a loust UNLV team.   Technically, you merely have to be .500 to make a bowl game.  On average, the S.E.C puts 8 teams into bowl games per season.   In hoops, .500 won't cut it.   The S.E.C averages 6 teams in the NCAAT per year.   If this were football, Stanley could be telling his boys, "were goin bowlin".  In fact, the year he was forced to turn down the NIT, he would have been *Bowl Eligible*   

Not saying to keep him, but I don't think the comparison is exactly balanced.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 22, 2007, 10:04:34 pm
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on February 22, 2007, 08:27:37 pm

Texas for starters...

Yeah, and what happened shortly after that?  Facts, they're a bitch.

Stay on point, champ, the point was that Nutt can win big road games against ranked opponents.  Stan can't beat bottom-feeders on the road.

ShellHog

Quote from: silvertip on February 22, 2007, 09:57:02 pm

What Double Standard?

Dude, seriously....I don't think an SEC West All Star Team would get out of the first round of the NCAAT.  SEC West is BAD!!!!

The Hogs have argueably the 2 biggest non-conferance wins in SEC West....& we both know the Hogs are BAD! 

ShellHog

February 22, 2007, 10:21:11 pm #96 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:25:11 pm by ShellHog
Quote from: HoopSlap on February 22, 2007, 10:06:17 pm
I'm not saying keep Stan...

Shell, you mentioned bowls and the ncaat as kind of measuring sticks.   Sure HDN has gotten us to bowl games 7 out of 9 times.   We had to beg to go to the Vegas bowl, just to get pistol-whipped by a loust UNLV team.   Technically, you merely have to be .500 to make a bowl game.  On average, the S.E.C puts 8 teams into bowl games per season.   In hoops, .500 won't cut it.   The S.E.C averages 6 teams in the NCAAT per year.   If this were football, Stanley could be telling his boys, "were goin bowlin".  In fact, the year he was forced to turn down the NIT, he would have been *Bowl Eligible*  

Not saying to keep him, but I don't think the comparison is exactly balanced.

Alright...as I said.
Arkansas Football - Average over last 9 years coming off SECW Championship season with high expectations in 07' (best player in America coming back).

Arkansas Basketball - Well below Average last 5 seasons & looking bad with an experienced team in 07'. I Like to think Hawgs will be good next season until I look at all SEC West team rosters...Hogs are more experianced than ANY Western teams! Not Good.   

Pigzwillfly

Has anyone ever seen Heath work the refs.....Honestly?

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: AstroHawg on February 22, 2007, 07:03:58 pm

They (huggers) will talk about how much better Nutt's record is than Heath's.  The thing you will NEVER hear them say is that Nutt had alot more to start with, Heath inherited crap. 
Nutt at U of A: .604 (67-44)
Heath at U of A: .525 (75-68)

There's not a lot of difference, and Stan may pick up 3 or 4 more wins to finish out this season.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on February 22, 2007, 10:54:56 pm
Quote from: Sweet_P on February 22, 2007, 10:46:36 pm
Has anyone ever seen Heath work the refs.....Honestly?

About once a year.  Coincidentally, it same number of butt chewings Townes receives in a year.
LOL--That's my only beef with Heath. Well, that and not winning SEC road games.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer