Doc Sadler
16 (5.1%)
Pipe Dream Pitino
42 (13.4%)
Someone Else
53 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 287

SuperHog

If you choose someone else, tell us who and why.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

darth sooie

I chose to sh-- can HDN. I suspect only one, Nutt or Stan, will be removed this year at best, so nutt wins that contest. If it is stan, than i think Anthony Grant from Virginia Commonwealth University should be the next coach. I doubt very much the really top names will come, Kansas or Tex A$m,  you can try but grant is a bit more realistic.

UAfan

Quote from: darth sooie on February 22, 2007, 08:42:28 am
I chose to sh-- can HDN. I suspect only one, Nutt or Stan, will be removed this year at best, so nutt wins that contest. If it is stan, than i think Anthony Grant from Virginia Commonwealth University should be the next coach. I doubt very much the really top names will come, Kansas or Tex A$m,  you can try but grant is a bit more realistic.
Your crazy.  The big names would love to come here, and that is what makes me sick about our fanbase.  Arkansas is a much better school than the mediocrity that it is showing, and comments like that are whats showing me that fans are accustomed to it.  We have all the premier facilities, money, and we're in the SEC.  Who wouldn't want to play in front of 19,000+ in BWA?  And I promise you if we get someone like Gillespie or Pitino than you can count on that many there for almost every game.

outlawhogeywells

if you want a big name coach just do what Alabama did to get Saban....just throw so much money at him that they can't say no.....Say you are our next coach now how many zero's go on this check,,,,,,,,,

jhudson84

Tom Creane from Marquette would be a good choice he has proven himself, always recruits great players, ( D-Wade, Novak, Dominic James, Diener)

jhudson84

And they cant outbid us but the price wouldnt be ridiculous

Winner

The list begins and ends with Billy for me.  He will come here if we're willing to pay him.  Please no more unproven mid major coaches.

Bomis Hawg

Didn't Creane turn down Ohio State a couple of years ago before Thad Motta took it?

I'll take Gillespie, then Jay Wright, then Doc Sadler.  Pitino and Anderson might be deep reaches.  Bill Self, I think, might be a reach also.

HogasaurusRex

Anderson: At least with him, when we lose, it would be fun.

Plus, FRANK HATES ANYTHING TIED W/NOLAN.

So that makes me want Anderson!

Ish O

Plain and simple. Bring back Nolan. Frank is retiring and Nolan still lives in Fayetteville. It's not unheard of in professional sports for the same man to coach two different times for the same franchise. Let do it in college.

jhudson84

If we could have got Bob Huggins last year recruiting would have went through the roof

zebra

StatMaster

i think mike anderson would be great... bringing back the 40 minutes of he!!

Craig O Squeal

Don't be surprised if Bill Self jumps at the chance...he wanted to come last time, but couldn't for OBVIOUS reasons...and he ain't that happy at following Roy Williams at KU.

Corkscrew Johnson

1.  would anderson come back here?

2.  is gillespie that good of a coach?  his a&m turnaround has been impressive, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily proven.  and before this year, a&m was an absolute bore to watch (during the gillespie years). 

jhudson84

Has anyone seen what Bill has at Kansas, Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Sharron Collins, Sasha Kaun, Russell Robinson, Roderick Stewart, Darrell Arthur, their whole team is a list of 5 star prospects

pigmania

Throw the big bucks at Bill Self. I think his wife has family in Arkansas, so maybe that and a huge check would get him here.

Topcat

Self or Huggins would be my 1st choices but Creane wouldn't be bad either. We just need a solid recuiter and floor coach because the fan base and facilities are already there.

jhudson84

Jay Wright would be ok hes young and energetic, but I think he likes Nova, and doesnt really have a clue about the physical play of the SEC

hogmary

Self was JFB's choice but not that of the search committee insisted on by John White.

TennesseeRaz

Bill Self, then Mike Anderson

razorpimp

The choice i would want: Bill Self

Most realistic: Chris Lowery, the head coach at Southern Illinois.  His teams play hard and consistent, and you wouldn't have the obvious race issue.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 22, 2007, 09:05:21 am
Has anyone seen what Bill has at Kansas, Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Sharron Collins, Sasha Kaun, Russell Robinson, Roderick Stewart, Darrell Arthur, their whole team is a list of 5 star prospects
Sometimes it's not about being "loaded." It's about being happy. Believe that he's not happy living in Roy Williams' shadow. Believe that he wants to come back "home." He wanted to come last time (but he wouldn't interview on campus), but when the decision makers got together they came to the conclusion that a white coach absolutely could not be hired directly following the Nolan thing. It would have validated Nolan's claims even more. Now, it's a different scenario, one that's more pleasing for all involved. My money is on Self...

cosmodrum

Mike Anderson! Run and Gun! Forty Minutes of Hell! Back! He's a GOOD coach! Could you imagine the Run and Gun offense with the kids we'd have next year? Holy underwear, Batman!
Go away, batin'

oldfart

no way should we get someone with Huggin's character to coach here.  Yes he wins but he has no character.  He recruits thugs and has an abysmal graduation rate.  Lets get someone at least we can be proud of. 
Quote from: jhudson84 on February 22, 2007, 09:00:31 am
If we could have got Bob Huggins last year recruiting would have went through the roof

jhudson84

If Self wanted to come so bad last time than he wouldve interviewed on campus, I am sure he would have love to be the head coach, but if he was too stubborn to come and interview than it obviously is not this great dream hes chasing that some of us think

idochog

I think we should pull a BAMA and just open the checkbook for Pitino
I love Jesus!

jhudson84

We need a coach for several years, someone who is going to love the razorbacks.  We dont need an up and comer who is just awed by the chance to coach at a big time school, we dont need a been there who will just leave in 4 years and we dont need anyone looking anywhere towards the NBA. 

Hog lite

Hogsfoot

Chris Lowery from S I or John Beilien at W V

code3hawg

arkansas basketball makes you miss suits and boots..
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

HOG_INSURANCE

I just want a coach that will once again show some enthusiasm, and quit blamming everything on the kids.  He has got them so brainwashed that everything is their fault.  Well kids, its not, its that you have a REALLY poor coach.  It's not your fault, and we support you kids.  GO HOGS.
Thank goodness my N.O. Saints are winning!

jhudson84

Doc Sadler from Nebraska lMAO,
Kansas 92 Nebraska 39

WrigleyvilleHog

Quote from: Hog lite on February 22, 2007, 09:27:29 am
Johnny Dawkins

I like it
Seriously...anybody off Krzyzewski's bench.  Bring one of them.

darth sooie

So the plan is to buy off HDN for god  knows how much 3M,5M,7M,9M????Than buy off stan, and still pay nolan for a year, all of this without an AD? So i'll go back to my original take, at best only 1 from heath or nutt will get canned this spring. Further, if nutt doesn't get canned, ko'ing heath seems unfair but heath isn't helping his case. So if heath does get canned, there is no AD and its a zoo on the hill with nutt and company or even more of a short term circus without nutt if he is bought for millions by a booster, so i don't think you can expect somebody like bill self to leave kansas? As for billy gillespie, A$M can match any offer and he turned down IU last year.  Tom Creane from Marquette is good friend of heath's and gets payed about 2m, doubt he would be interested. I'd call all the big dogs and offer some money but i just don't think its realistic to expect any to jump. Than again, I do kinda like the idea of Bobby Knight for a four year run, make him AD too, love to see HDN walk into his office.

HawgWyld

There is absolutely no way Billy Gillespie would come to the UA. Hey, he'd be great here, but forget about it.

stl590

Gillespie IS NOT COMING!!!  I don't know how many times people have to say it.  Let's start talking about legit candidates who we actually have a shot at.  As I see it, this is part of the problem with people who want Heath and Nutt fired.  They have these "pie in the sky" dreams of who we could bring in as replacements?  Do we really want to open that pandora's box?

Winner

Quote from: WrigleyvilleHog on February 22, 2007, 09:35:24 am
Johnny Dawkins

I like it

No thanks.  Has anybody off Krzyzewski's bench ever succeeded as a head coach?  Tommy Amaker and Quin Snyder certainly haven't.

HeathWimp

Quote from: HawgWyld on February 22, 2007, 09:38:37 am
There is absolutely no way Billy Gillespie would come to the UA. Hey, he'd be great here, but forget about it.

True that.  A&M has boatloads of cash, and apparently are willing to pay whatever it takes to keep him.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

WrigleyvilleHog

Quote from: Winner on February 22, 2007, 09:42:43 am
Quote from: WrigleyvilleHog on February 22, 2007, 09:35:24 am
Johnny Dawkins

I like it

No thanks.  Has anybody off Krzyzewski's bench ever succeeded as a head coach?  Tommy Amaker and Quin Snyder certainly haven't.

well, chances are we will not spend the $$$ to get a big name.  the last thing i want is another assistant off a bench i.e. Heath.  but if your going to go that route, which it's very likely gonna happen if JFB is doing the hiring...the best assistant out there is Dawkins.

HawgWyld

February 22, 2007, 09:59:43 am #40 Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:01:47 am by HawgWyld
Quote from: HeathWimp on February 22, 2007, 09:51:27 am
Quote from: HawgWyld on February 22, 2007, 09:38:37 am

True that.  A&M has boatloads of cash, and apparently are willing to pay whatever it takes to keep him.
There is that, and the idea that Gillespie would step away from A&M and take over the mess that has become Razorbacks basketball is just ridiculous. I'd love to see a strong candidate who has some experience, rather than some up-and-comer (that hasn't worked out with either Heath or Nutt). Mike Anderson hasn't been a head coach for long, but he does know Nolan's system and has a lot of ties here. He'd make a good one, and the irony of hiring him would be fantastic.

Pissed Pig

John Pelphery - tied to Pitino, doing well at crap school

Tom Crean - consistent

Reggie Theus - NMSU - need I say more

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 22, 2007, 09:24:26 am
If Self wanted to come so bad last time than he wouldve interviewed on campus, I am sure he would have love to be the head coach, but if he was too stubborn to come and interview than it obviously is not this great dream hes chasing that some of us think
Think of other big-time coaches who refuse to interview on campus...it's the way it's done.

jhudson84

They refuse to interview, Im aware, but if he honestly wanted the job he would have done whatever it took. 

razorpimp

Chris Lowery is the logical choice and would raise the level of Razorback basketball to a higher level.  He gets fired up and his kids respond to him.  He could take this team, run off the weak minded people like Townes, etc, and make the others play better.

That guy is the answer......especially in our current controversy.

jhudson84

Dave Rose, BYU, 47 years old, native of Houston, 2 year combined record 41-15, ranked 23rd in AP poll, has the school ranked for first time ever.  Took over a team that was 9-21.

seqco

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 22, 2007, 10:08:30 am
They refuse to interview, Im aware, but if he honestly wanted the job he would have done whatever it took. 
He wasn't ALLOWED...they wouldn't let a white guy follow Nolan, especially given the comments of racism that were being spewed...wanting and being allowed to have are two different things.

BirminghamBill