Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ENTIRE NOLAN INTERVIEW

Started by barry150, February 17, 2007, 09:11:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

boarhog12

??? Is it possible, just possible, that Nutt didn't have the nutts to stand up to Broyles as did Nolan? Call it respect or fear or just knowing where you breads buttered, but I think we will never know how deep Broyles' meddle was. Who knows what Nutt could have did without Broyles.   Hail, Hail The King is gone

rickm1976

Nolan was dead wrong for some of the things he said and did (back during his troubles with the program), but it looks like a lot of things he said were going on are being proven to be true.  We have all said and done things in anger that we wish we could take back.  I personally don't have a whole lot against Heath, but I would love to see Nolan back.

WoooPigSooie

WOW.  Vendication is a sweet sweet thing.  I doubt this is the last time we hear from Nolan.

From Nolan:  "Houston Nutt told me one time, "I want to diversify the offense, and Frank, what has he done?  All he ever did was invent the pooch kick.""
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

superjw

Quote from: hview on February 17, 2007, 03:14:50 pm
Could he ever return as basketball coach at Arkansas?
maybe...but that one would rank up there with the parting of the Red Sea
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

Temprees

Quote from: CSNuts on February 18, 2007, 09:25:50 am
Quote from: N HOG on February 17, 2007, 09:51:32 pm
Quote from: CSNuts on February 17, 2007, 03:19:00 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on February 17, 2007, 12:03:25 pm
To me the most interesting part was when he talked about the QB's being pulled, "cold turkey."
He's used that phrase before in explaining how some players get pulled and dissappear.
Years ago a reporter (maybe Bob Holt) asked Nolan about his starting lineup. Nolan said the starting lineup didn't mean squat to him. He explained that he moved players on and off the floor all the time. A spot on the bench was always temporary. He said, I don't cold turkey my players.

Yeah, but then he took it to Robert Johnson.  He said RoJo could have handed the ball off just as well as the other guys.  I have a great deal of respect for Nolan, but that one felt like he was trying to play the race card, in my opinion. 

He's still pretty bitter and I for one, have never really blamed him for feeling that way...

You misunderstood what he was saying about ROJO.

He said The Dale "cold turkeyed" ROJO just like he did Mitch -- and his point was any QB would have been just as good as another when the main purpose was to hand it off.

Thanks for letting me know what you think he meantHe never mentioned Mitch by name, at least not in the interview I listened to, but again, thanks for lining me out on that.  Boy, do I feel stupid now...

You should.  Nolan didn't mention Mitch by name, but he referred to the QB that went 8-0 as a starter, then was "cold turkeyed".  Who was that, other than Mitch?

stonecold

I watched the interview online. I had a feeling that Nolan wasn't given a fair shake towards the last years at UA. He told the truth about Frank "Castro" Broyles, and the Arkansas Program.

I can say that Nolan can sleep a hell of a lot better at night........knowing that he told this truth.

THROWITDEEP