Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Score Prediction: Arkansas (15-10, 4-7) vs. Ole Miss (17-8, 6-5)

Started by Hogtropolis™, February 16, 2007, 10:17:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

diamondp

Can't predict outcome .....Small crowd though, after the team quitting in our last outing.
JUST WIN!!!!

Bomis Hawg

I don't know why, but I am up for this game.  Interested to see how Arkansas handles them in BWA.

The Kentucky game got me amped.  Something like coming off or a major rush at a concert or something, feel dead legged since then (especially after the major omlet laid at The Hump).  I am pulling for Arkansas to drill Ole Miss like a drum.  Or just win.  A loss would cause major havoc on Sir Stanley of Ypsilanti. 

bigyellowdog

Newport Hog

Ole Miss is gonna beat us like we stole something LOL, I know getting swept by Ole Miss.

Hogtropolis™

pigmania

With Hill having an injured hamstring and Ole Miss physically whipping us in the middle like they did in Oxford, the Hogs are going to have a tough time winning today.

stevenglennn

I prediict that the hogs will turn the ball over 22 times, and loose.    I also predict that Vandy will not have the same success against Florida if they play in the SEC tournament.
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: stevenglennn on February 17, 2007, 02:09:10 pm
I prediict that the hogs will turn the ball over 22 times, and loose.    I also predict that Vandy will not have the same success against Florida if they play in the SEC tournament.
22 times?  I bet it will be more in the 15-18 range.  And I don't think the Hogs will lose.

94 Hawg

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 17, 2007, 09:10:13 am
Quote from: 94 Hawg on February 17, 2007, 12:31:40 am
i think the wheels fall off saturday. ole miss is hot, we are not, programs gone to pot. too much other stuff going on.
is that optimistic enough?

OM 78
hogs 70

Do you REALLY think Beverley is sitting in his dorm room fretting about Frank Broyles?

Hogs win in a rout.
no, but he wasn't doing that prior to our 24 point loss in starkville either
I hope we win, I just dont think we will
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 17, 2007, 12:39:33 pm
I don't know why, but I am up for this game.  Interested to see how Arkansas handles them in BWA.

The Kentucky game got me amped.  Something like coming off or a major rush at a concert or something, feel dead legged since then (especially after the major omlet laid at The Hump).  I am pulling for Arkansas to drill Ole Miss like a drum.  Or just win.  A loss would cause major havoc on Sir Stanley of Ypsilanti. 
I'm with you Bomis, I am pretty excited about this game as well.

woghild

Quote from: Weather69 on February 16, 2007, 12:43:16 pm
Guys, I'm afraid they have packed it in for the year

If they have, who could blame them?  Who could be motivated by a loser?  Besides,
it would only help cement and expedite Stan's imminent departure.

ceegar

Hogs will not lose 3 in a row or 2 in a row at home.  They will win one for the Franker.  Hogs 69 Rebs 61
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Gov. Hawg

anyone know if there is a link on the web to watch the game today??

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 16, 2007, 11:14:17 am
Arkansas wins this one by a larger margin than expected, surprising a lot of people:

ARK 82
OM 64

The road win next wed @ Auburn isn't a shock, but goes unnoticed as 'apathy' + more hill drama surface.

We beat TN the next saturday by 15 (TN's freshmen mistakes + poor FT shooting does it in the second half)

Suddenly we play MSU on a quiet Wed night at the Bud, sitting at 18-10, 7-7.  A win doesn't necessarily SEAL a bid, but a loss certainly might kick us out.  Facing a 'lose and struggle to .500' approach, Hogs win big in revenge game, though we start out slow.  Hogs beat MSU by 15+, head to vandy at 19-10, 8-7.

Bama has lost 2 more, and OM has also lost a pair, leaving three teams at 8-7 for first in the west.  (MSU fades).

If Arkansas wins @ vandy, we win the west @ 9-7, 20-10, seal a bid.  If we lose @ vandy, senior-laden OM wins it, or bama could sneak in with 9 SEC wins.

SECT arrives.  By virtue of winning the west, we face anyonebutflorida for two games (if possible), with fla in a champ game.  If we come in SECOND (likely if we lose @ vandy), we face fla in the semis, meaning the SECT is likely 1-1.   

Enter SECT at 20-10, 9-7 (winning out?), likely go 2-1, lose to FL in the champ.. 22-11, earn a #5-#7 seed (our 30s rpi would dictate that).  Lose @ vandy and come in second? likely go 1-1, lose to FL in the semis... 20-12.  likely end up in the #8-10 range ('seeds of death, having to play the 1 the second game, matchup with a tough 1st round opponent)

Vandy game is key down the stretch, but obvioulsy, it starts with an ENERGETIC OLE MISS BEATDOWN TOMORROW

HOGS 82
MISS 64
Good call allyoucaneat...Let's hope the rest of your predictions are right!  GO HOGS! :razorback:

allyoucaneatbuffet's prediction:

Arkansas: 82
Ole Miss: 64

Final Score:

Arkansas: 83
Ole Miss: 66

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

jschulte

yes, that is very impressive.  I hope you are correct about the other games.  I think auburn will be real tough though.  We will see...

jschulte

Quote from: Topcat on February 16, 2007, 02:26:30 pm
Arkansas wins this one by a larger margin than expected, surprising a lot of people:

ARK 82
OM 64

The road win next wed @ Auburn isn't a shock, but goes unnoticed as 'apathy' + more hill drama surface.

We beat TN the next saturday by 15 (TN's freshmen mistakes + poor FT shooting does it in the second half)

Suddenly we play MSU on a quiet Wed night at the Bud, sitting at 18-10, 7-7.  A win doesn't necessarily SEAL a bid, but a loss certainly might kick us out.  Facing a 'lose and struggle to .500' approach, Hogs win big in revenge game, though we start out slow.  Hogs beat MSU by 15+, head to vandy at 19-10, 8-7.

Bama has lost 2 more, and OM has also lost a pair, leaving three teams at 8-7 for first in the west.  (MSU fades).

If Arkansas wins @ vandy, we win the west @ 9-7, 20-10, seal a bid.  If we lose @ vandy, senior-laden OM wins it, or bama could sneak in with 9 SEC wins.

SECT arrives.  By virtue of winning the west, we face anyonebutflorida for two games (if possible), with fla in a champ game.  If we come in SECOND (likely if we lose @ vandy), we face fla in the semis, meaning the SECT is likely 1-1.   

Enter SECT at 20-10, 9-7 (winning out?), likely go 2-1, lose to FL in the champ.. 22-11, earn a #5-#7 seed (our 30s rpi would dictate that).  Lose @ vandy and come in second? likely go 1-1, lose to FL in the semis... 20-12.  likely end up in the #8-10 range ('seeds of death, having to play the 1 the second game, matchup with a tough 1st round opponent)

Vandy game is key down the stretch, but obvioulsy, it starts with an ENERGETIC OLE MISS BEATDOWN TOMORROW

HOGS 82
MISS 64
Who's gonna turn this team around for a run like that, Stan Heath?? HAHAHAHA!!!

I would say Stan put something into those fellas at half... Impossible to know about the next game.... but I give full credit to him for the meeting this past week.. and what he said to them at half.

Ouachihog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 17, 2007, 06:44:17 pm

ARK 82
OM 64

HOGS 82
MISS 64
Good call allyoucaneat...Let's hope the rest of your predictions are right!  GO HOGS! :razorback:

Final Score:

good job allyoucaneat.....It will get somewhat exciting around here if you're as dead-on about the rest of the games as you were today. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Ouachihog on February 17, 2007, 08:13:39 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 17, 2007, 06:44:17 pm

ARK 82
OM 64

HOGS 82
MISS 64

Final Score:

good job allyoucaneat.....It will get somewhat exciting around here if you're as dead-on about the rest of the games as you were today. 

too bad i didnt predict 120 to 50, now nailing that would have been amazing ;)

allyoucaneatbuffet

Bomis Hawg

Nice call.  3-way tie for first, Hog one game out with a game against MSU left.  Swept Bama and split with Ole Miss.