Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Score Prediction: Arkansas (15-10, 4-7) vs. Ole Miss (17-8, 6-5)

Started by Hogtropolis™, February 16, 2007, 10:17:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

I know it's been a crazy week, but for those of you who are still interested following the basketball team this year, here is my prediction for Saturday's game.  Somehow (don't ask me how) we are still in the top 50 of the RPI (#48) and ranked ahead of Ole Miss (#57).  Kennedy has his team playing real well right now and they are first in the SEC West riding a 4 game winning streak (while winning 5 of their last 6).  I don't think this will be an easy game, but I do think that we will pick up a win mainly because the game is at BWA.  We played them very close at their place and got cheated out of a win.  If our guys haven't thrown in the towel yet, we will avenge the road loss at the Tad Pad on Saturday.  Heath is now coaching for his job and should have the team ready to play.  While our chances are slim of getting into the NCAA tournament, we are not mathematically eliminated yet.  If we can manage to win 4 of our 5 remaining games and pick up 2 wins in the SEC tournament (would put us finishing 21-12 , 8-8), then we would have a very real chance of making it.  Don't give up on the Hoop Hogs yet guys.  GO HOGS! BEAT REBS! :razorback: WPS! :razorback:

Final Score-
   Arkansas: 74
   Ole Miss: 66

Hollywood_HOGan

we'll win but it'll be another ho hum win like the AUburn game was

I just cant get excited for baseketball after the game the other night

was going but now? not so sure

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 16, 2007, 10:19:27 am

I have some family coming in this weekend and I think we might all try to go to the game.  Hopefully they don't disappoint.

seqco

Ole Miss wins a close one, they are playing good. I am done with Hog basketball for this season. Get your NIT tickets.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Arkansas wins this one by a larger margin than expected, surprising a lot of people:

ARK 82
OM 64

The road win next wed @ Auburn isn't a shock, but goes unnoticed as 'apathy' + more hill drama surface.

We beat TN the next saturday by 15 (TN's freshmen mistakes + poor FT shooting does it in the second half)

Suddenly we play MSU on a quiet Wed night at the Bud, sitting at 18-10, 7-7.  A win doesn't necessarily SEAL a bid, but a loss certainly might kick us out.  Facing a 'lose and struggle to .500' approach, Hogs win big in revenge game, though we start out slow.  Hogs beat MSU by 15+, head to vandy at 19-10, 8-7.

Bama has lost 2 more, and OM has also lost a pair, leaving three teams at 8-7 for first in the west.  (MSU fades).

If Arkansas wins @ vandy, we win the west @ 9-7, 20-10, seal a bid.  If we lose @ vandy, senior-laden OM wins it, or bama could sneak in with 9 SEC wins.

SECT arrives.  By virtue of winning the west, we face anyonebutflorida for two games (if possible), with fla in a champ game.  If we come in SECOND (likely if we lose @ vandy), we face fla in the semis, meaning the SECT is likely 1-1.   

Enter SECT at 20-10, 9-7 (winning out?), likely go 2-1, lose to FL in the champ.. 22-11, earn a #5-#7 seed (our 30s rpi would dictate that).  Lose @ vandy and come in second? likely go 1-1, lose to FL in the semis... 20-12.  likely end up in the #8-10 range ('seeds of death, having to play the 1 the second game, matchup with a tough 1st round opponent)

Vandy game is key down the stretch, but obvioulsy, it starts with an ENERGETIC OLE MISS BEATDOWN TOMORROW

HOGS 82
MISS 64

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: seqco on February 16, 2007, 10:53:14 am
Ole Miss wins a close one, they are playing good. I am done with Hog basketball for this season. Get your NIT tickets.

Ole Miss wins on the road?  OM won at Auburn, and lost everywhere else... wow...  lose at home to OleMiss?

Seriously?

Ouachihog

Ark 72
Miss 67

We will know in this game if the team has given up or is going to fight.  This could be big come selection sunday if both teams finish 8-8 in the division.  8-8 is still very much an outside chance for Ark at this point though. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Bigmac

I use to enjoy making these official predictions. I just hope they don't embarress themselves and don't lay down. Will the crowd be into it? If they are we should walk away if not it will be tough.

Break & Run

I'm not a Nutt-hugger, but I DO know the answer to this question...
"If Houston 'loves the helmet', why did HE transfer AWAY from Arkansas after his freshman year?"
He left beacuse he was pretty much told that he really didn't have a chance at starting at Arkansas as a QB
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on February 16, 2007, 11:43:09 am
"If Houston 'loves the helmet', why did HE transfer AWAY from Arkansas after his freshman year?"
He left beacuse he was pretty much told that he really didn't have a chance at starting at Arkansas as a QB

Unlike Mustain, who was clearly able to compete for the QB spot fair and sqaure?

Gimme a break!

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 16, 2007, 10:17:59 am
Heath is now coaching for his job and should have the team ready to play. 

I agree on the first point, but why weren't they ready @ MSU?  Or LSU?  seems like they shoulda been realizing the hot seat as a team the whole last week....

HeathWimp

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 16, 2007, 11:14:17 am
Arkansas wins this one by a larger margin than expected, surprising a lot of people:

ARK 82
OM 64

The road win next wed @ Auburn isn't a shock, but goes unnoticed as 'apathy' + more hill drama surface.

We beat TN the next saturday by 15 (TN's freshmen mistakes + poor FT shooting does it in the second half)

Suddenly we play MSU on a quiet Wed night at the Bud, sitting at 18-10, 7-7.  A win doesn't necessarily SEAL a bid, but a loss certainly might kick us out.  Facing a 'lose and struggle to .500' approach, Hogs win big in revenge game, though we start out slow.  Hogs beat MSU by 15+, head to vandy at 19-10, 8-7.

Bama has lost 2 more, and OM has also lost a pair, leaving three teams at 8-7 for first in the west.  (MSU fades).

If Arkansas wins @ vandy, we win the west @ 9-7, 20-10, seal a bid.  If we lose @ vandy, senior-laden OM wins it, or bama could sneak in with 9 SEC wins.

SECT arrives.  By virtue of winning the west, we face anyonebutflorida for two games (if possible), with fla in a champ game.  If we come in SECOND (likely if we lose @ vandy), we face fla in the semis, meaning the SECT is likely 1-1.  

Enter SECT at 20-10, 9-7 (winning out?), likely go 2-1, lose to FL in the champ.. 22-11, earn a #5-#7 seed (our 30s rpi would dictate that).  Lose @ vandy and come in second? likely go 1-1, lose to FL in the semis... 20-12.  likely end up in the #8-10 range ('seeds of death, having to play the 1 the second game, matchup with a tough 1st round opponent)

Vandy game is key down the stretch, but obvioulsy, it starts with an ENERGETIC OLE MISS BEATDOWN TOMORROW

HOGS 82
MISS 64

Whatever you're on, I want some of it.

Ole Miss 67
Arkansas 58
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Hogtropolis™

??? - I'm not even going to ask

Weather69

"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied."  Otto von Bismark

"The last official act of any government is to loot the nation."  Michael Rivero

coach, my back hurts

If the team quits on Heath and there is somehow he comes back next yr, I would run the whole damn team off.  Except for all the Fr and Hill.  Maybe  not McCurdy because he WANTS to do good, just doesnt that much. 

This team is a direct reflection of their coach.  They have no fire and no grit.  But as an athlete to be on that level you have to have had it to make it anyways.  A "Good" ballplayer wouldnt lay down no matter if they lost 15 in a row. 

Some of these guys, probably all, would like to play in the NBA.  They wont get that chance if they lay down.  Or.....this is sorry ass bunch and they all need to be ran out of town like mentioned above. 

If Weems keeps going through the motions he needs to go UCA.  He shows no emotion what so ever.  He is a freakin zombie out there and he plays like one also.  Maybe he is too doped up from all his late night encounters.  Whatever the reason he better pick it up and give us what we all expected from him or Welsh/Washington needs to take his minutes.IMO.

I say ARK wins a fairly close one.  Ends the reg season w/about 18wins and will have win the SECT to get in.  NIT bound!!!!!

razordoc

This team is done.  Even our best teams lose @ Nashville.  Why anyone thinks we will win any particular road game is beyond me. BOT should go for the trifecta.

Hollywood_HOGan

ARK 82
OM 64

HOGS 82
MISS 64

I really want to believe you

I really do

But i cant after last week. Theres just not any testicles on this team. Not guts whatsoever.

I saw alot of give up in the team on wednesday.

If i knew we would pound Ole Miss Id be there but I dont want to waste a weekend on this team after what they pulled on Wed in the hump. They just do not play hard.

It kills me to see My Razorbacks give up like they have.
Have gotten my hopes up for Heath's teams before but i won't again after the last week of piss poor basketball.

Seriously, the last time we played a good game was probably the FLorida or LSU game.

Topcat

ARK 82
OM 64

HOGS 82
MISS 64
Who's gonna turn this team around for a run like that, Stan Heath?? HAHAHAHA!!!

rasorback4life

Mediocrity Rules!!!

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Bomis Hawg

This is a game you must win.  If not, this team might have packed up for a while.

Hogs 72, Ole Miss 70.  I am torn on a high scoring game or not.   Ole Miss likes to run, but Arkansas' low-scoring efforts have came on lately.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 16, 2007, 10:19:27 am

There's a baseball game so I don't think I'm going.  Not sure that I would go regardless.

yraciv

before the season I predicted 4-1 on this stretch, and I will stick with that.  We easily have more talent then the teams left, but will we decide to play.
This one I'm going w/
Arkansas 74
Ole Miss 62

Arkansas_no bowl

Arkansas No Bowl was for HDN, can't wait to see how the new staff fixes it.

tbob

Ole Miss 73
Arkansas 72

Ervin dribbles the ball off his foot with 12 seconds to go, Abernathy hits a 15 footer over Sonny Weems who is distracted and forgets to guard him.

CAN STAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: tbob on February 16, 2007, 02:56:30 pm
Ole Miss 73
Arkansas 72

Ervin dribbles the ball off his foot with 12 seconds to go, Abernathy hits a 15 footer over Sonny Weems who is distracted and forgets to guard him.

CAN STAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

We win, no question.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 16, 2007, 01:00:35 pm

ARK 82
OM 64

HOGS 82
MISS 64

I really want to believe you

I really do

But i cant after last week. Theres just not any testicles on this team. Not guts whatsoever.

I saw alot of give up in the team on wednesday.

If i knew we would pound Ole Miss Id be there but I dont want to waste a weekend on this team after what they pulled on Wed in the hump. They just do not play hard.

It kills me to see My Razorbacks give up like they have.
Have gotten my hopes up for Heath's teams before but i won't again after the last week of piss poor basketball.

Seriously, the last time we played a good game was probably the FLorida or LSU game.

Im with Hogan. after wed game they dont deserve my attention. even when suck I would watch and go to games because arkansas players usually play hard. after last game this team has some work to do for this fan. to come out and play like that they are telling me my being a fan is not appreciated enough for them to simply hustle and show pride for their jersey. Ill watch tomm but It will be more of a show me game for me.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HogHillbilly

Can't predict a score here................But, I bet we lose by 10
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Tone

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 16, 2007, 10:17:59 am
I know it's been a crazy week, but for those of you who are still interested following the basketball team this year, here is my prediction for Saturday's game.  Somehow (don't ask me how) we are still in the top 50 of the RPI (#48) and ranked ahead of Ole Miss (#57).  Kennedy has his team playing real well right now and they are first in the SEC West riding a 4 game winning streak (while winning 5 of their last 6).  I don't think this will be an easy game, but I do think that we will pick up a win mainly because the game is at BWA.  We played them very close at their place and got cheated out of a win.  If our guys haven't thrown in the towel yet, we will avenge the road loss at the Tad Pad on Saturday.  Heath is now coaching for his job and should have the team ready to play.  While our chances are slim of getting into the NCAA tournament, we are not mathematically eliminated yet.  If we can manage to win 4 of our 5 remaining games and pick up 2 wins in the SEC tournament (would put us finishing 21-12 , 8-8), then we would have a very real chance of making it.  Don't give up on the Hoop Hogs yet guys.  GO HOGS! BEAT REBS! :razorback: WPS! :razorback:

Final Score-
   Arkansas: 74
   Ole Miss: 66

Hogtropolis, If you remember I felt that this would be the only game we win the rest of the way.  I think Arkansas wins but struggles. 

UA 64
Ole Miss 61

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Tone-Loc on February 16, 2007, 04:21:14 pm
Hogtropolis, If you remember I felt that this would be the only game we win the rest of the way.  I think Arkansas wins but struggles. 

UA 64
Ole Miss 61
I do recall you saying this.  Let's hope that you are right about this one and wrong about the rest.

huntsducks

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Dwight_K_Shrute

On paper this game should be extremely close.  Ole Miss is 6-1 in their last 7.  Only two of those have been on the road. 

A 5 pt loss at Vandy, this game was neck and neck throughout and Ole Miss could have won.  Shows that they have the mental toughness to play on the road.  Vandy is one of the most difficult road venues in the SEC. 

They beat Aubie by 23 on the road.  A much better margin than we beat Auburn by here. 

Ole Miss has big Mo on their side.  While we have Slo Mo(tion) offense.

Ole Miss plays us as well as they play anybody.

The best thing we have going for us at this point is that LSU took Ole Miss to the wire.

I'm going to say Hogs by .5.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 16, 2007, 11:00:57 pm
On paper this game should be extremely close.  Ole Miss is 6-1 in their last 7.  Only two of those have been on the road. 
Just wanted to correct you a little bit.  They are 5-2 in their last 7 games.  Looking at the last seven games:

@Florida - L
Tenn. - W
@Vandy - L
MSU - W
@Auburn - W
Bama - W
LSU - W

Though I do agree that this will be a very close game.

TomasPistola

I'm Sorry. I want to believe we win, but I know better. We cannot defend the Perimeter. And they can shoot the lights out with Abernathy. We get owned by 10 at least. Sigh...what happened to at least HOPING we were gonna win.....

I need therapy.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Hog

Arkansas by 5.  We get the breaks.  LR Mills star has a good game.
Automatic RUN!

94 Hawg

i think the wheels fall off saturday. ole miss is hot, we are not, programs gone to pot. too much other stuff going on.
is that optimistic enough?

OM 78
hogs 70
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: 94 Hawg on February 17, 2007, 12:31:40 am
i think the wheels fall off saturday. ole miss is hot, we are not, programs gone to pot. too much other stuff going on.

OM 78
hogs 70

Do you REALLY think Beverley is sitting in his dorm room fretting about Frank Broyles?

Hogs win in a rout.

PigWig

Heath had fear in his eyes when he was on the 10:00 news last night. I think he's lost confidence in himself. If we win today, like most of the games this year, it will be because our players got themselves up for the game and came ready to play.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 16, 2007, 12:08:58 pm

Unlike Mustain, who was clearly able to compete for the QB spot fair and sqaure?

Gimme a break!

waht does all this have to do with this thread?
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Bomis Hawg

If Arkansas wins big, I would be shocked.  Ole Miss would have to completely not show up.  It will be a little like the Auburn game, nip-and-tuck.

It might be a low scoring game (low/mid 60s) or a little high (mid/upper 70s)

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: FarrelHog on February 17, 2007, 09:14:59 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 16, 2007, 12:08:58 pm

Gimme a break!

waht does all this have to do with this thread?
don't ask me

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 17, 2007, 09:10:13 am

OM 78
hogs 70

Do you REALLY think Beverley is sitting in his dorm room fretting about Frank Broyles?

Hogs win in a rout.
I agree buffet, the bball players shouldn't even care about what is going on right now, they should just be focused on the Ole Miss game.

pigmania

I think the Rebs will win a close one, but it wouldn't suprise me if the Hogs win big. This team is so unpredictable it makes me dizzy.

Johnny Rebel - 71

Stan's Clan - 69

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 16, 2007, 11:18:32 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 16, 2007, 11:00:57 pm
Just wanted to correct you a little bit.  They are 5-2 in their last 7 games.  Looking at the last seven games:

@Florida - L
Tenn. - W
@Vandy - L
MSU - W
@Auburn - W
Bama - W
LSU - W

Though I do agree that this will be a very close game.

Yep I guess I just counted the W's wrong.  Was going back to the TN game.  Wish the ADG had fact checkers as good as Hogville.  And they pay theirs.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogtropolis™

OM 78
hogs 70
Ole Miss is not good enough to continue this winning streak forever.  I say we are the ones that end it.