Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas v. LSU official game thread

Started by whatsshakinbacon, February 10, 2007, 02:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Hogs will more than likely be 4-7 after trip to Starkville.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Italian Stallion

Stan Heath = WHAT A GAME

razorbackfan4life

Reason we lost......Sonny Weems and Darian Townes......plain and simple.....

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

cityhog

reason we lost

TURNOVERS.....again.....

HOGBLOODED

February 10, 2007, 04:12:48 pm #606 Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:15:13 pm by HOGBLOODED
The refs did suck though. Every time Big Baby Back B***h gets touched they call a foul.

<<<not on the gus bus

revolution

OK, I'm sick of it!  Are we to continue to believe that a lack of passion by our coach and players doesn't make one hell of a difference?  Guess who showed they wanted it more.

I didn't root for the HOGS all these years just to end up like a Cubs fan!  I will not support LOSERS - which is what the HOGS are with their present coach.

FIRE NUTT!  FIRE STAN!  FIRE FRANK!  AND FIRE SUSIE GARDNER!

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 10, 2007, 04:12:10 pm
Can't wait for the first week of April. Hopefully we will have announced Bill Self as the next coach of Arkansas.

This would be incredible....I barely have enough energy to type....this team has absolutely drained me.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: HOGBLOODED on February 10, 2007, 04:12:48 pm
The refs did suck though. Every time Big Baby Back B***h gets touched they call a foul.

C'mon Gus Bus boy - it was a fairly called game.  We're just not a very good team.

Bacon out...

stan the man

What a bunch of losers, losers,losers.  Can't rebound when we have to.  Let Davis get repeated rebounds with four guys on him.  I am sick and tired of getting all worked up and risking a heart attack on a bunch of losers.  That whole football and basketball program can go to you know where for all I care.   Did I mention what a bunch of losers we have for a basketball team. 

bigyellowdog

Can't wait for the first week of April. Hopefully we will have announced Bill Self as the next coach of Arkansas.

I will welcome anyone that can get us excited about Hog basketball again.

Bomis Hawg

2pt: Arkansas (20/41 48%); LSU (23/45 51%)
3pt: Arkansas (4/14 29%); LSU (4/13 31%)
FT: Arkansas (15/18 83%); LSU (13/18 72%)
Rebounds: Arkansas 30; LSU 39
Offensive: Arkansas 8; LSU 15
Turnovers: Arkansas 11; LSU 10
Pts off Turnovers: Arkansas 14; LSU 15
Second Chance Pts: Arkansas 14; LSU 17
Assists: Arkansas 9; LSU 11

Individual:
Patrick Beverley: 17 pts; 1/6 on 3pt; 2 boards; 3 asts; 2 stls
Gary Ervin: 16 pts; 5 boards; 3 asts; 3 TO
Charles Thomas: 11 pts; 6 boards; 4 fouls
Sonny Weems: 9 pts; 4 boards; 3 TO (21 TO last 4 games)
Michael Washington: 8 pts (Career High); 2 fouls
Darian Townes: 2 pts; 6 boards; 2 blocks
Sean McCurdy: 2 pts in 8 minutes played
Steven Hill: 2 pts; 2 boards; 4 blocks
Welsh & Hunter with 0 pts.

Glen Davis: 19 pts; 18 boards; 3 TO
Tasmin Mitchell: 16 pts; 3 blocks
Terry Martin: 13 pts; 2 boards
Chris Johnson: 9 pts; 5 boards
Darnell Lazare: 7 pts; 5 boards; 2 asts
Garrett Temple: 5 pts; 6 boards; 4 asts; 1 TO; 4 fouls
Ben Voogd: 2 pts in 15 minutes; 3 asts; 2 TO
Alex Farrer: 0 pts

BassinHawg

Stan Heath has the most secure job anywhere.

As long as HDN is still at Arkansas Stan has nothing to worry about.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

weresoclose

It's not a swan song.  It's not a bang.  It's just a slow fade into the annals of apathy.  That's the distinguishing feature of Heath's last year as a Razorback.

3kgthog

That wouldn't be much of an improvement. Check Self's number of consecutive NCAAT first round exits.

Bomis Hawg

My thoughts...

Arkansas played very well in spurts, very bad in spurts.
They blocked out on Davis well, then forgot to cover outside and vice versa.
Bad officiating all around.  I'd say a little more than half of the bad calls were against Arkansas.
Bad shooting at times was bad.

Arkansas' lack of picking the right shot and using their players hurt.  Weems made the critical fumble, but I don't put a lot of blame on him.  Just happened a very bad time. 

When you barely play, you can't expect great games.  McCurdy and Washington played well for their time on the court.  But, you don't replace Hill and Thomas with Washington, nor Ervin with McCurdy, and expect similar results.  That blame goes to both player and coaches.  You have to be ready and not have cold feet.

Arkansas will have to go 6-0 or 5-1 in the regular season to keep from playing at BWA in March.  Either that or win the SECT or make the finals.

hogsailor

After listening to those a**hole announcers drooling over big butts knob it just makes me hate
him that much more.
Can't wait till he goes pro and someone pulls his tongue through his a** so he can find a good use for it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

razorbrass

So much talent - so little basketball IQ.  These guys should be tearing it up.  I guess they just don't have enough talent to overcome their coaching.  The real reason is heart - they got none.  What I wouldn't give to see one guy show the kind of emotion big baby did down the stretch.  I hate that guy but he is a competitor.  When you go on the road you have to take it away from them not expect for them to give it to you.  I used to look forward to selection Sunday now I just look forward to the season being over.  Put me out of my misery.  Time to go to the DVR and watch the final world series game (go cards!).  Better yet I'll pull out my 1994 video and watch how basketball is supposed to be played.   
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Razorod

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 10, 2007, 04:19:57 pm

Arkansas will have to go 6-0 or 5-1 in the regular season to keep from playing at BWA in March.  Either that or win the SECT or make the finals.

Problem with this happening: we have three games left on the road and Lofton is playing again for the Vols.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Bomis Hawg