Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread: Kentucky (16-5, 5-2 SEC) at Arkansas (14-7, 3-4)

Started by Bomis Hawg, February 03, 2007, 11:32:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

THROWITDEEP

I'm getting to the point where I do not care anymore! 

HawgG

Quote from: Josef on February 03, 2007, 02:04:29 pm
I do think that stan heathe gets players with enough potential to win a NC. But everything else....just isnt close
Come on now I know this lost hurt but don't lose your mind.If you want to see talent for a NC run then there is Florida or UNC to watch.

JustoHogFan

I do think that stan heathe gets players with enough potential to win a NC. But everything else....just isnt close

I agree his recruiting has been pretty good and I have been waiting around now to see if his coacj=hing would develop but it has obviously not.

Josef

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 03, 2007, 02:03:53 pm
Still doesnt change the fact that we shoulda won....Just makes it feel better that at least you never gave the Heath Hogs a chance in the first place

I picked Arkansas.  It was a brutal loss after blowing a lead.  Can't win if you miss shots and allow them to shoot over 50% on treys.  I think they put too much focus on the lost post game.

Josef

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 03, 2007, 02:07:04 pm

I agree his recruiting has been pretty good and I have been waiting around now to see if his coacj=hing would develop but it has obviously not.

Yeh - half time adjustments are pretty much non-existent and the lineup choices rarely make any sense....that plays a big part.

OKC

On the bright side...saw some good things from hill and welsh.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 03, 2007, 02:07:53 pm
Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 03, 2007, 02:03:53 pm
Still doesnt change the fact that we shoulda won....Just makes it feel better that at least you never gave the Heath Hogs a chance in the first place

I picked Arkansas.  It was a brutal loss after blowing a lead.  Can't win if you miss shots and allow them to shoot over 50% on treys.  I think they put too much focus on the lost post game.

I picked Arkansas too and at the start of the 2nd half it looked pretty good Heath even made a decent halftime adjustment for the first time... ever
but he could not make adjustments to offset Tubby's and did not change the offensive plays at the end of the half when we went cold.
He was outcoached

HawgG

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 03, 2007, 02:06:32 pm
Beverley with 25; Weems with 14; Hill with 13; Welsh with a career-high 13; Townes with 9.  Ervin & Hunter with 0 apiece. 

Townes not being aggressive.  Hill taking way too many shots when double-teamed.  Arkansas having a cold streak that was brutal in their downfall two years ago.  Ouch.  Ervin having 0 points is crucial also.

Bradley with 24; Meeks with 15; Crawford 13; Perry with 6; Thomas with 5; Jasper with 3; Stevenson with 2

....Arkansas shot 58% on 2pt (18/31).  Kentucky shot 51% (20/39).  Arkansas hit 10/21 on treys; Kentucky hit 9/16.  Anytime you hit 56% on three's.  That is going to hurt your opponent, much like it did against Arkansas.
Kentucky's 3s were all daggers in the 2nd half just like they did to Tenn in their last game.

This team also likes depth.Welsh was good in the first half for Ark.However Kentucky's depth was key for them in parts of this game.Need to get Thomas healthy ASAP.Hunter and Townes just is not what they need to be.

Bomis Hawg

Hard to expect Welsh to come in and be as sharp when he didn't come in for a little ways into the Second Half. 

HawgG

Quote from: OKC on February 03, 2007, 02:08:02 pm
On the bright side...saw some good things from hill and welsh.
Hill was a non factor the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half because he was totally gassed.He will not be able to continue this.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: HawgG on February 03, 2007, 02:11:43 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 03, 2007, 02:06:32 pm
Beverley with 25; Weems with 14; Hill with 13; Welsh with a career-high 13; Townes with 9.  Ervin & Hunter with 0 apiece. 

Townes not being aggressive.  Hill taking way too many shots when double-teamed.  Arkansas having a cold streak that was brutal in their downfall two years ago.  Ouch.  Ervin having 0 points is crucial also.

Bradley with 24; Meeks with 15; Crawford 13; Perry with 6; Thomas with 5; Jasper with 3; Stevenson with 2

....Arkansas shot 58% on 2pt (18/31).  Kentucky shot 51% (20/39).  Arkansas hit 10/21 on treys; Kentucky hit 9/16.  Anytime you hit 56% on three's.  That is going to hurt your opponent, much like it did against Arkansas.
Kentucky's 3s were all daggers in the 2nd half just like they did to Tenn in their last game.

This team also likes depth.Welsh was good in the first half for Ark.However Kentucky's depth was key for them in parts of this game.Need to get Thomas healthy ASAP.Hunter and Townes just is not what they need to be.

I agree Hunter and Townes just dont have the intensity most of the time they have size and Townes has talent but they cant get the job done

JustoHogFan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on February 03, 2007, 02:13:02 pm
Hard to expect Welsh to come in and be as sharp when he didn't come in for a little ways into the Second Half. 

Very true and I wondered why he didnt start the second half since he was hot and let Ervin come off the bench..... I am not a Mcurdy fan but he didnt even get a chance to play I thought that was intresting

joeyself

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 03, 2007, 02:15:31 pm

Very true and I wondered why he didnt start the second half since he was hot and let Ervin come off the bench..... I am not a Mcurdy fan but he didnt even get a chance to play I thought that was intresting

McCurdy is in the McGowan zone these days.  Wonder if both will ride off in the McBus when the season is over.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

HUNGLOWHOG

WE SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 03, 2007, 02:04:07 pm
Quote from: BartIV on February 03, 2007, 02:03:06 pm
Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on February 03, 2007, 01:55:50 pm
Just get rid of Stan and Nutt on the same day.Same press conference.

Make history..Let it be done..Amen.
Can't forget Frank.
To quote Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad.  And I'll settle for any combination at this point.

You'll never drill for oil on city streets.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

I picked the Wildcats to win by double digits. Just missed it...dayum!

Some of y'all sound a little upset over this game. I don't understand that. KY has won 7 in a row over Arkansas now. Why'd you expect KY to lose to the Hogs when GA beat this Hog team in BWA.

You don't get upset when you have stopped caring. It's entertaining to watch this team...you never know if they'll blow it or dominate or what. I don't care if they win or lose anymore...haven't since about '97 or '98 season. Just fun to watch them occasionally.

I watched this game to half and didn't see any more of it. Heard that the Hogs were up by 14 at one point in the 2nd half and was naturally surprised to hear they blew that and lost by 8. God love 'em!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.