Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's your All-Arkansas NBA team?

Started by Arkiejared, February 02, 2007, 01:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkiejared

I was wondering with the whole Joe Johnson situation who people from AR would pick for an All-Arkansas starting 5 in the NBA.  The player doesn't have to be one who played college ball for the Hogs, but he must have AR roots (i.e. Scottie Pippin).

It's a tough one. I don't have any idea who should be playing pt....maybe Walker?  I think Joe would be at the 2, but do you put Scottie at the 3 or Moncrief?  Corliss at pf probably, but who at center?  Joe Kliene?  Andrew Lang?...

Pt. guard-  ???
Shooting guard-  ???
Small forward-  ???
Power forward-  ???
Center-  ???

football17

Arkiejared

Quote from: football17 on February 02, 2007, 01:47:17 pm
PG - Derek Fisher
Yes!  Good choice...for some strange reason, I forgot about him.

Bomis Hawg

PG: Derek Fisher -- Lee Mayberry (Fat Lever: born in Arkansas; moved to Arizona)
SG: Joe Johnson -- Alvin Robertson (Maybe Ronnie Brewer one day)
SF: Sidney Moncrief -- Scott Pippen
PF: Corliss Williamson -- Michael Cage
C: Joe Kleine -- Oliver Miller (or Joe Barry Carroll or Andrew Lang)

My two deep.

BumpieJohnson

PG : Derrick Fisher  =  Lee Mayberry
SG : Joe Johnson   =   Todd Day
SF:  Scottie Pippin = Sidney Moncreff
PF:   Corliss Williamson = Micheal Cage
C:    Joe Kline   = Olvier Miller

Ahenso

PG: Scottie Pippen
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Sidney Moncrief
PF: Corliss Williamson
C: Joe Kleine

WooieSooie

PG - Derek Fisher
G - Alvin Robertson
F - Sydney Moncrief
F - Corliss Williamson
C - Joe Klein
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg selling drugs trying to make money to buy RAZORBACK tickets!

chillinhoggie

February 02, 2007, 03:32:01 pm #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:44:30 pm by chillinhoggie
pg-Corey Beck
sg Joe Johnson
sf Sir Syd
pf Big Nasty
C Joe Klien

hamdrag

Scottie Pippen should be the first on EVERYBODYS BALLOT.......Him and Sidney are BY FAR the 2 best ever NBA players out of Arkansas....PERIOD

Dendonks

dignan

Quote from: hamdrag on February 02, 2007, 03:35:57 pm
Scottie Pippen should be the first on EVERYBODYS BALLOT.......Him and Sidney are BY FAR the 2 best ever NBA players out of Arkansas....PERIOD
word

jamie72921

PG- Ron Brewer
SG-Joe Johnson/Sidney Moncrief
SF- Scottie Pippen/Sidney Moncrief
PF- Corliss Williamson/Scott Hastings
C- Oliver Miller/Andrew Lang
Bless your heart

Conway Cool Daddy

My no respect team:

pg Keith Wilson / Arlyn Bowers
Sg Pat Bradley
SF Darryl Hawkins
PF Lenzie Howell/ Isiah Butch Morris
C Andrew Lang

softballguy8

February 02, 2007, 03:52:33 pm #14 Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:01:09 pm by softballguy8

I agree ... but I'm seeing people on here putting him as a PG? Am I wrong, I thought he was the small forward for the Bulls? He was often referred to as a "point forward", because he could handle the ball .... but he wasn't the point on those teams.

Because I think that, I'll post the following:

PG - Fisher
SG - Moncrief / Robertson (Johnson may end up there, but not quite yet)
F - Pippen
PF - Cage / Corliss
C - Kline / Lang
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

ConcreteHog

What about Keith Lee...Played on same high school team as Michael Cage...went to Memphis St...Played in the NBA but I don't remember what team or for how long???

Arkiejared

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on February 02, 2007, 03:51:46 pm
My no respect team:

Sg Pat Bradley
SF Darryl Hawkins
C Andrew Lang

not all of these guys even made it to the league, though...

PintailKiller

Andrew Lang over Keith Lee for C?
Scottie is a top 50 o fall time
Sidney Moncrief
Corliss
Alvin Robertson
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Arkiejared on February 02, 2007, 03:53:44 pm
My no respect team:

Sg Pat Bradley
SF Darryl Hawkins
C Andrew Lang

not all of these guys even made it to the league, though...
Good point, it's been a long week.

Nobody has mentioned Darryl Walker. He had a great NBA career.

Corey Beck didn't ever really do anything in the NBA did he? I think he might have signed
a couple of 20 day contracts.

softballguy8

Quote from: ConcreteHog on February 02, 2007, 03:52:45 pm
What about Keith Lee...Played on same high school team as Michael Cage...went to Memphis St...Played in the NBA but I don't remember what team or for how long???

Lee never panned out in the NBA. Hurt his knees. But he was payed well at Memphis State. Last I heard, he and Dana Kirk were living it up somewhere in the tropics.

ConcreteHog

Lee and Cage (West Memphis Class of 79??)were about 3 years ahead of me in school and I still hear people say they had possibly the best ever team in Arkansas ....

jamie72921

Quote from: softballguy8 on February 02, 2007, 03:52:33 pm

I agree ... but I'm seeing people on here putting him as a PG? Am I wrong, I thought he was the small forward for the Bulls? He was often referred to as a "point forward", because he could handle the ball .... but he wasn't the point on those teams.

PG - Fisher
F - Pippen
PF - Cage / Corliss
C - Kline / Lang

How do you guys keep picking Fisher over Ron Brewer?
Bless your heart

razorback93

I am guessing that this is based on who had the best NBA career.  In that case, here is mine:

PG-Avin Robertson: 3 time All-Star.  Defensive Player of the year I believe.
SG-Sydney Moncrief
SF- Scottie Pippen
PF- Corliss Wiliamson
C-  Joe Kliene

If Joe keeps this up, he will definetely eclipse Super Syd as  the BEST Arkansan to ever play in the NBA

middleman

Here's my  lineup...

PG:  Scottie Pippen--Lee Mayberry
SG:  Joe Johnson--Todd Day--Ronnie Brewer
SF:   Sidney Moncrief--Scottie Pippen--William Mills
PF:   Corliss Williamson--Michael Cage
C:     Oliver Miller---Keith Lee

Now that will bring me a couple of rings......

BumpieJohnson

You have to  have to put Fisher in there because he got the rings. so dose Pippen and Corliss.
Funny Corliss is the only player from Arkansas with a ring in High School, College and the NBA.

jamie72921

Quote from: BumpieJohnson on February 02, 2007, 04:38:49 pm
You have to  have to put Fisher in there because he got the rings. so dose Pippen and Corliss.
Funny Corliss is the only player from Arkansas with a ring in High School, College and the NBA.

That is just goofy. Darrell Walker has a ring too. So does Kleine.

That is just an indicator of the team you played on. It's not like Fisher was Kobe or Shaq on that team for crying out loud.

Is Fisher better than Moncrief? He never had a ring.

Let me answer that one for you. Hell no!
Bless your heart

DEVICEHIGH

My no respect team:

Sg Pat Bradley
SF Darryl Hawkins
C Andrew Lang

Why no love for Darryl Hawkins?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

middleman

Fisher didn't earn the ring, he was just there to reap the benefits.  Those teams were shaq and Kobe all the way and in no way does that make him one of the best in Arkansas.  He wasn't even the "Man" on his team at UALR, he played second or third fiddle.  He is and average, but very consistant point guard.  He doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but talent wise he can't stack up.
I'd put him as maybe by third of fourth PG.

softballguy8

Quote from: jamie72921 on February 02, 2007, 04:14:50 pm

PG - Fisher
F - Pippen
PF - Cage / Corliss
C - Kline / Lang

I'm thinking that Ron Brewer was 2 Guard, not PG. The quesion to list by position. I don't know another PG better than Fisher? But I may be wrong. I'm not as old as some of you farts on this board. :)

Bomis Hawg

Darryl Hawkins didn't play in the NBA.  Ditto for Bradley, Howell, and Bowers.
Beck played 88 NBA games in 3 seasons. 
IBM was drafted in the 2nd round by the Pistons; played 25 games.
Keith Lee played 3 decent years.  182 games.  Averaged 6 points and nearly 5 boards.
Derek Hood played 2 games for the Mavs; averaged 1 board.

Arkiejared

Quote from: middleman on February 02, 2007, 04:48:50 pm

Fisher didn't earn the ring, he was just there to reap the benefits.  Those teams were shaq and Kobe all the way and in no way does that make him one of the best in Arkansas.  He wasn't even the "Man" on his team at UALR, he played second or third fiddle.  He is and average, but very consistant point guard.  He doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but talent wise he can't stack up.
I'd put him as maybe by third of fourth PG.

Just because he didn't do most of the scoring doesn't mean he wasn't a vital part of those teams.  Fisher was great at playing under control, distributing the ball, and hitting open shots.  He was as much a part of those teams as Shaq and Kobe.  Just because you don't score alot doesn't mean you aren't important!

jamie72921

Quote from: softballguy8 on February 02, 2007, 04:49:31 pm

PG - Fisher
F - Pippen
PF - Cage / Corliss
C - Kline / Lang

I'm thinking that Ron Brewer was 2 Guard, not PG. The quesion to list by position. I don't know another PG better than Fisher? But I may be wrong. I'm not as old as some of you farts on this board. :)

Brewer was a combo guard. He played a lot of point guard at San Antonio while Gervin was there. He was much better than Fisher too.

Fisher was only a part timer on those Lakers teams. Ron Harper played more point than Fisher.
Bless your heart

BA Hogwild

how bout the 94 national champions. True talent
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

pigfeet

PG: Kareem Reid
SG: Pat Bradley
G: Brandon Dean
F: Olu Famatimi
C: Oliver Miller

OH!!  You said NBA and not the ABA. Sorry

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: jamie72921 on February 02, 2007, 08:29:41 pm
Quote from: softballguy8 on February 02, 2007, 04:49:31 pm

PG - Fisher
F - Pippen
PF - Cage / Corliss
C - Kline / Lang

Brewer was a combo guard. He played a lot of point guard at San Antonio while Gervin was there. He was much better than Fisher too.

Fisher was only a part timer on those Lakers teams. Ron Harper played more point than Fisher.

That is not true.  Fisher played just as much or more than Harper.

bricklayer

Ken Biley
Mike Ratliff
Charles Brannon
Lee Wilson
Cannon Whitby

That's definitely the best five in the history of Arkansas!

jamie72921

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 02, 2007, 09:07:10 pm

That is not true.  Fisher played just as much or more than Harper.

Harper wasn't even a point guard for crying out loud. He played when the chips were down.
Bless your heart

Arkiejared

Quote from: bricklayer on February 02, 2007, 09:08:44 pm
Ken Biley
Mike Ratliff
Charles Brannon
Lee Wilson
Cannon Whitby

agreed!

jamie72921

Quote from: bricklayer on February 02, 2007, 09:08:44 pm
Ken Biley
Mike Ratliff
Charles Brannon
Lee Wilson
Cannon Whitby

You mean the Mike Ratliffe that lead U of A in scoring Nolan's first season wasn't a top flight player?

I thought Eddie left us stacked according to Silvertip.
Bless your heart

huntindoc

Without a doubt.

Many votes seem to be for best college player...the question was Arkansas all NBA. No way Corlis is in front of Scottie. Scottie was all star how many times?

My list :

Point guard....Derek

Shooting guard....Joe J

Forward....Scottie

Forward.....Sydney

Center....Big Joe K

hogsandroyals

pg fisher / mayberry
g  moncrief / brewer Sr.
f   johnson
pf williamson / delph
c  kline / miller

JHGiunta

Corliss never won a state title while at Russellville. Always lost to Little Rock Parkview and a dude named Paul Brown.

Razorhogs

Quote from: Ahenso on February 02, 2007, 02:34:17 pm
PG: Scottie Pippen
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Sidney Moncrief
PF: Corliss Williamson
C: Joe Kleine

I agree with this!!!!

yraciv

Now for the real deal, and Pippen wasn't a PG.
PG Darrell Walker
SG Sidney Moncrief
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Corliss Williamson
C  Joe Kleine

Alvin Robertson and Joe Johnson deserve honorable mention

rlamb

jrmemphishog

Jason Gilbert
Marlon Townes
Larry Satchell
Carpenter (the 7 footer from the 80's)
Jason Jennings

Going with the twin towers

Arkiejared

Jennings was actually drafted...I don't think any of the others were.

Bomis Hawg

The only player born in Arkansas drafted #1 -- Joe Barry Carroll.  Granted, he moved.  I'd still put him in my two-deep at big man.

Houston h

Quote from: razorback93 on February 02, 2007, 04:29:09 pm
I am guessing that this is based on who had the best NBA career.  In that case, here is mine:

PG-Avin Robertson: 3 time All-Star.  Defensive Player of the year I believe.
SG-Sydney Moncrief
SF- Scottie Pippen
PF- Corliss Wiliamson
C-  Joe Kliene

If Joe keeps this up, he will definetely eclipse Super Syd as  the BEST Arkansan to ever play in the NBA
Last time I checked Pippen had 6 rings!  I would say if we are talking best NBA career, that and the fact that he was voted one of the 50 best players ever in the NBA far overshadows anyone elses credentials!  JJ is a great player and has really come into his own, Corliss has had a great career and a ring to show for it.  Moncrief, Robertson and Brewer had good careers but were never great NBA players and the story has yet to be written on Ronnie Jr.