Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Score Prediction: Arkansas (14-7, 3-4) vs. (#24) Kentucky (16-5, 5-2)

Started by Hogtropolis™, February 01, 2007, 08:27:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOW MANY TECHNICAL FOULS WILL STAN RECEIVE IN THE KENTUCKY GAME?

0 - Duh... It's Stan. Plus, why give KY free points when a 'head in the hands' works as well
37 (71.2%)
1 - Did you see South Carolina?  He is using them as 'motivators'
7 (13.5%)
2 - He wil be thrown out of the game and the crowd will give him an ovation for "SHOWING PASSION"
6 (11.5%)
3 - He gets thrown out, and is suspended for an additional game because he says something on the way out.
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Hogtropolis™

HUGE GAME for Arkansas.  Since the game is at BWA, I think that we will come out fired up and ready to play.  If we can dominate the boards and have a decent assists/turnover ratio while shooting at least 45% from the field, we should win.  Look for Beverly to have a 20+ point game and for Hill to block 5+ shots.  Should be an exciting game to watch.  With a win the Hogs should be a virtual lock for the NCAA tourney barring a complete meltdown.  Hogs win BIG at home!  GO HOGS!  BEAT WILDCATS!  :razorback: WPS! :razorback:

My Score Prediction-

Kentucky: 66
Arkansas: 84

coach, my back hurts

What little bit i have seen of Kentucky is that they look "long".  Their guards have long arms that may inable us to pass the ball around affectively if they play a tight defense.  Crawford also seemed to be a good shooter.  We always seem to have the tendancy to leave other teams best shooters wide open. 

I think the crowd will be pumped, the players will be pumped, but they will also be playing a very prepared Kentucky team.  The Hogs dont need to get caught up in all that and use all their adgrenaline in the first 5mins. 

I cant predict the score in this game cause i fear what will ACTUALLY happen.  If i had to bet which team will be more prepared, it will be Kentucky.  But the Hogs are at home.  I could make cases for both of these teams to win.  Go Hogs, lets get the West back and make a strong case for the tourny.  It starts Saturday.

hog caller

if thomas was healthy i'd say definitely Hogs but with him out I don't know.Kentucky will come to play but they have some injuries also. we are at home and that wwill help . will it be enough i doubt it.

ceegar

AR 62  UK 61.  This game will hinge on Gary Ervin.  If he has a good game we win, if not well....
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: hog caller on February 01, 2007, 08:45:28 pm
if thomas was healthy i'd say definitely Hogs but with him out I don't know.Kentucky will come to play but they have some injuries also. we are at home and that wwill help . will it be enough i doubt it.
I think that he will play more that what people have been saying.  I think Stan is trying to pull a fast one on Tubby.  JMO, but I think he will still play quite a few minutes.

verticalhog

HOGCATCH

Winning is a way of life!

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

fourthcrusade

Arkansas 79
Kentucky 63

as usual, we have a chance to go to the next tens group, making it look more "impressive" ("81-63" vs "79-63") but instead welsh runs out the clock

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

StoernerJonesFan

Hollywood_HOGan

I think we win by around 5-8 points.

It will be a close game against UK. It always is but we'll be up to the challenge.

I dont think we'll play as well as some think we will but we'll play well enough to get the big W.

Bomis Hawg

Should be a good contest.  I think Kentucky has the team to have a close one, but Arkansas has played lights out at home against teams that some might pick against Arkansas.  A little torn.  But, the Hogs and the BWA crowd get the edge.

Hogs win .72-67.

cosmodrum

I have to make two predictions.

#1 For the real Hogs: 76-69 hogs

#2 For the bizarro stunt doubles: 74-72 cats

Just don't know which guys will be wearing the Razorback unis.
Go away, batin'

Rooka

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: fourthcrusade on February 02, 2007, 07:35:21 am
Arkansas 79
Kentucky 63

as usual, we have a chance to go to the next tens group, making it look more "impressive" ("81-63" vs "79-63") but instead welsh runs out the clock
I think that McCurdy will be the one who runs out the clock.  It always seems like he's the one that does that.  I think it's because it's the only thing Stan can trust him to do.

TennesseeRaz

With an injured Thomas, I think the talent on the rosters is comparable.  That leaves two variables:  venue & coaching.  BWA is not Barnhill and Heath is not Tubby.  KY wins by 8.  I hope I'm wrong.

uofabird

Hogs 79

Cats 72

WPS!!!

You people better show up and make that place loud!

NEAHawgfan

If the "Saturday" Hogs show up:

Hogs 77
Cats 64

If the "midweek" Hogs show up:

Cats 84
Hogs 49

razorback903

John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

hognutz

AR-76
UK-68

Hill will have a great game.
Ervin will have a few turnovers but will drain a couple of 3s when needed.
Beverly will have a solid game and will be clutch at FT line and beyond the arc.
Townes will have mediocre to not-so-good game and will be benched halfway through the 2nd half (surprise).

GO HOGS!!!!!

razorbackfan4life

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 02, 2007, 10:37:40 am
With an injured Thomas, I think the talent on the rosters is comparable.  That leaves two variables:  venue & coaching.  BWA is not Barnhill and Heath is not Tubby.  KY wins by 8.  I hope I'm wrong.

You ever been to a Kentucky game in BWA?

PAHog

Kentucky 63
Arkansas 70

Poor FT shooting by Hogs in 4th quarter make this game look closer than it was.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Winner

Looking at past history, when Arkansas comes to play at home they roll.  They will come to play.  Kentucky is decent, but not great.  Arkansas wins comfortably. 

Ark 80
UK 65

dish13-hog

Hogs 72
Wildkittens 61

The key will be Hill & Townes staying out of foul trouble.

When in doubt give the ball to Beverly and get the .... out of the way!!!
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

revolution

We'll hold Morris to about 12-15 points and win 78-65.  Kentucky can't run with the HAWGS!

little hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 02, 2007, 08:00:14 am
I think we win by around 5-8 points.

It will be a close game against UK. It always is but we'll be up to the challenge.

I dont think we'll play as well as some think we will but we'll play well enough to get the big W.

I think you may be right.  I've thought that Heath's crew would fall to several of the better teams, and they always seem to show up against the best competition.  I think they pull this one out, but it's close.

Mr. Porkleone

Bomis Hawg

FT% in Conference play:

Kentucky: 69%; Opponents: 59%
Arkansas: 71%; Opponent: 61%

Edge: Arkansas.

I like Arkansas' chances if it comes to FTs.  And, BWA will be killer on Saturday.  Packed house.

scrooge245

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 02, 2007, 11:27:30 am

You old enough to have been to the Barn?

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 02, 2007, 12:33:12 pm

Have heard plenty about the barn but

Its not like BWA is chopped liver especially when the big blue comes to town.

hogsailor

Quote from: Winner on February 02, 2007, 11:32:50 am
Looking at past history, when Arkansas comes to play at home they roll.  They will come to play.  Kentucky is decent, but not great.  Arkansas wins comfortably. 

Ark 80
UK 65

Except for georgia...

Hogs 74
cats 70

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogsmaster

Guys, we're playing Kentucky.  Although, it's not a great Kentucky team, it still is Kentucky.  We have no problem with playing a good team.  It's the Ole Miss and South Carolina that scares me.  We will win!!!

fourthcrusade

Tubby Smith has been known to work the refs with his screaming/evil eye... a 'T' here, a 'T' there... but what about Stan?  He usually seems so passive, but around the Texas game he started shouting more, and screaming at the refs.... the FLORIDA fans even complained he yelled during opponents' FTs.  and he actually got a Technical called on him at South Carolina.....

So how many technical fouls will stan receive during the game?

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: fourthcrusade on February 02, 2007, 02:20:16 pm
Tubby Smith has been known to work the refs with his screaming/evil eye... a 'T' here, a 'T' there... but what about Stan?  He usually seems so passive, but around the Texas game he started shouting more, and screaming at the refs.... the FLORIDA fans even complained he yelled during opponents' FTs.  and he actually got a Technical called on him at South Carolina.....

The T he got in the Carolina game was 100% BS. He was called for stepping out of the box to question a call.

Coaches do that all the freaking time and he got no warning whatsoever.

He needs to freakin go bobby knight on those SEC weasels when they start screwing us like that.

Bomis Hawg

If Arkansas was up 10 or so, I'd love to see him get one and get the crowd beyond crazy.

Otherwise, I hope he doesn't get one.

PigWig

razorpimp

Quote from: fourthcrusade on February 02, 2007, 02:20:16 pm

Why?  Does he hate his team too?

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 02, 2007, 12:36:09 pm

No, would love to, but now I live out of state.  I have been to several games (6-8) at BWA over the years, usually at Christmas time against creampuffs admittedly and have never seen noise sustained for more than 3-4 minutes.  As a matter of fact, the times I've been to the SEC tournament with less than 50% of the fans being Hog fans, it's seemed signficantly louder than BWA.  Regardless, HH, give 'em an earful on Saturday for me.

harmonyhog

Hogs come out too tight. Get behind in the first half. Never catch up. Erwin with 6 turn overs. A miserable afternoon for hog fans. Heath will receive a terrible bashing for this one.

Cats 78 hogs 63

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 02, 2007, 03:27:53 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 02, 2007, 12:36:09 pm

No, would love to, but now I live out of state.  I have been to several games (6-8) at BWA over the years, usually at Christmas time against creampuffs admittedly and have never seen noise sustained for more than 3-4 minutes.  As a matter of fact, the times I've been to the SEC tournament with less than 50% of the fans being Hog fans, it's seemed signficantly louder than BWA.  Regardless, HH, give 'em an earful on Saturday for me.

Will most definitly do.

Its gonna be crazy.

phoggy

My prediction?...

We beat the shizznit out of a gaycat....WP frickin'sooeey
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.