Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone noticed that Nolan Richardson...

Started by hogsmaster, January 31, 2007, 11:02:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsmaster

has been keeping up with the basketball Hogs?  He has been quoted in the paper or on TV 2-3 times in the last two weeks that indicates he has been watching them.  He stated that Hill is the closest thing to a 1st round pick on this year team and Health has done a good job and may be getting the Hogs ready to make a run.

I guess he has started the healing process.  I suspect when FB is not the AD anymore, Nolan will start attending basketball games and be more involved with the program.  I hope all the fans would welcome him back and realize how much he has done for the school and the entire state.

HogFaninGA

I think as time goes on more and more people are realizing that Nolan was pretty much right about the situation on the Hill after all.  The more things "change" the more things stay the same. :)

AstroHawg

I doubt he ever quit watching the games.  Nolan is probably the only one who has benefited with the whole JFB debacle lately.  It's been revealed that Nolan was right about alot.  BUT, I don't understand why Nolan quit recruiting.

KinkosHog

It's time to rehabilitate Nolan Richardson.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 31, 2007, 11:07:15 pm

Why?  The people who need rehabilitation is JFB, the BOT, and others.

KinkosHog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 31, 2007, 11:08:37 pm

I think you have misunderstood what I'm saying.

Pignominious

Good for Nolan.  I would welcome him back.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 31, 2007, 11:09:49 pm

Sorry

the donger

Quote from: hogsmaster on January 31, 2007, 11:02:35 pm
has been keeping up with the basketball Hogs?  He has been quoted in the paper or on TV 2-3 times in the last two weeks that indicates he has been watching them.  He stated that Hill is the closest thing to a 1st round pick on this year team and Health has done a good job and may be getting the Hogs ready to make a run.

I guess he has started the healing process.  I suspect when FB is not the AD anymore, Nolan will start attending basketball games and be more involved with the program.  I hope all the fans would welcome him back and realize how much he has done for the school and the entire state.
Your last sentence is absolute puke!

toshortrock

i would welcome nolan back,i think i've seen the light
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

barsquirrel

I'm just wondering if the same people who all of a sudden support Nolan, who were against him previously, remember some of the BS racial stuff he did bring into the program.  Yes, he might have been right about Frank, of which I completely agree.  At the same time there is stuff that he needed to sort through privately that he didn't need to pass on to his players to defend or fight for.  He was a great coach, there is no denying that, but his true battles in life were not meant to be fought in public with a college basketball program as his podium.   

hawgtahm

So now it's Broyle's fault that Nolan LOST HIS MIND?!? Give me a break. Nolan's beef was ALWAYS with the media. Broyles had no beef with Nolan until he reached the breaking point and ASKED to be fired. He stuck with him even as he decided to recruit athletes (rather than players) in an effort to prove that it was HIS coaching that was the reason we won (a point that only needed to be made to the ever egocentric Arkansas sportswriters, and the [my heart hopes few] native fans stuck in the era of segregation). Nolan had no beef with the administration until he WAS fired.

Pigskin_Porker

Sometimes when the gray hairs come and people get older, so I hear, their perspective on many different things changes.  Maybe that's part of what's going on with NR . . .
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

hair of the hog

Hum.......funny how time lets ppl forget the losing seasons , the racist remarks he made , how he treated white players on his team and how he treated the fans...........He was a  and still is a

Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

jkelly107

I dont like him and all his poor me BS blame all your problems on what race you are. He never understood the only color of a Razorback is red.

hawgtahm

Quote from: hair of the hog on January 31, 2007, 11:59:28 pm
Hum.......funny how time lets ppl forget the losing seasons , the racist remarks he made , how he treated white players on his team and how he treated the fans...........He was a  and still is a

Not to say that Nolan didn't ride the race card into the ground, he did. It was out of hand, but as far as the players, didn't Glendon Alexander leave for OSU because he couldn't play on a team where a white guy (read Pat Bradley) was the "go to" guy?

hogsmaster

Quote from: the donger on January 31, 2007, 11:27:59 pm
Quote from: hogsmaster on January 31, 2007, 11:02:35 pm

Your last sentence is absolute puke!

Who else has brought us a national championship besides the ones we own in track.  In the early to mid 90's, no basketball program was bigger than us, including Duke and Kentucky.

jamie72921

Quote from: hawgtahm on January 31, 2007, 11:52:19 pm
So now it's Broyle's fault that Nolan LOST HIS MIND?!? Give me a break. Nolan's beef was ALWAYS with the media. Broyles had no beef with Nolan until he reached the breaking point and ASKED to be fired. He stuck with him even as he decided to recruit athletes (rather than players) in an effort to prove that it was HIS coaching that was the reason we won (a point that only needed to be made to the ever egocentric Arkansas sportswriters, and the [my heart hopes few] native fans stuck in the era of segregation). Nolan had no beef with the administration until he WAS fired.

Are you on crack?

The BIGGEST issue Nolan had was when Frank tried to reneg on Nolan's contract during 98-99. Where were you?
Bless your heart

hair of the hog

Pat Bradley wasnt a white guy he was like the rest of Nolans team you couldnt undertand a word he said.......LOL

Quote from: hawgtahm on February 01, 2007, 12:10:16 am

Not to say that Nolan didn't ride the race card into the ground, he did. It was out of hand, but as far as the players, didn't Glendon Alexander leave for OSU because he couldn't play on a team where a white guy (read Pat Bradley) was the "go to" guy?
Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

DeltaBoy

Bring him home to the Hill.  Time has past and has justified Nolan and condemned Frank!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BartIV

I don't think Nolan quit recruiting. Imagine if Joe Johnson would have stayed on at Arkansas. We would have had a sweet 16 or a Final 4 team. Who knows, maybe a championship.

kside

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 31, 2007, 11:05:16 pm
I think as time goes on more and more people are realizing that Nolan was pretty much right about the situation on the Hill after all.  The more things "change" the more things stay the same. :)

co-signed

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hair of the hog on February 01, 2007, 03:14:29 am
Pat Bradley wasnt a white guy he was like the rest of Nolans team you couldnt undertand a word he said.......LOL

Quote from: hawgtahm on February 01, 2007, 12:10:16 am

Wow...that was a little out of line.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Bomis Hawg

It's time to fix bridges that were messed up during the post-Nolan era.  He's one of the reasons why have BWA and expect the success we do now.

I hope he realizes the errors of some of his mistakes and wants to make things better.  I, for one, would love to see him after much undoings on the court at Bud Walton Arena honoring the 1994 and 1995 Final Four teams.  That needs to happen.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 31, 2007, 11:09:49 pm

Ha, maybe you mean "Reinstate".
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

budcampbellfan

Until he apologizes publicly like his outbursts name calling were public, he is not ready to be accepted back.  I will accept his apology gladly.  But I will not kid myself on his racist attitudes until then.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

razrken

Nolan did not quit recruiting.  He warned Frank about Ted Harrod...and he also had a top 5 recruiting class coming in the year he was fired with Igoudala and company.  We should build monuments to Nolan.  He just refused to recruit AAU players because their coaches get rich off of them in some cases.  He also was mad with the move from Nike to Adidas.  He wanted to stay with Nike in order to get better players...or be able to negotiate his own contract.  He was very upset in 1995 with the whole APEX debacle...remember those ugly football jerseys...he was equally as mad at the basketball attire.

razrken

Losing seasons?  He had one losing season...that was his last...he earned the right to have the season he had.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 01, 2007, 08:38:13 am

Bring him home to the Hill.  Time has past and has justified Nolan and condemned Frank!
It's time to bury the hatchet. I would like Nolan to say publicly that he was sorry to the fans.
Even if he thinks he was misquoted or whatever bythe press. He needs to come clean with the people of Arkansas and put this behind him.

He should be a credit to our program not a liability.

razrken

Maybe HDN can get him first to apologize to the team, then apologize to him, and then apologize to the fans...oh wait he did that with Mitch and that worked. Right?

budcampbellfan

February 01, 2007, 11:24:10 am #30 Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:40:09 am by budcampbellfan
OK You're comparing MM to NR?!  Wow.  Man, if so we have got to get rid of Nutt and FB.  Ha! 

Come to think of it Frank should apologize to the entire state of Arkansas for what he has done to the fb program since Holtz.  but that's another topic.

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

spudhog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 31, 2007, 11:05:16 pm

yeah, nothing like having a grand wizard running your program. nolan was and is a great man that got tired of his dumb boss. he does know basketball and i hope he is honored publicly before it is too late.

budcampbellfan

Yeah, he cusses us publicly (not just Broyles) and we are to honor him publicly.  Not until he apologizes publilcly. 

SpenceHogg

Let's retire Broyles and fire Heath and bring back Nolan + 40 minutes of Hell!

Nolan would probably have the motivation to give it one more full-fledged run, and give it another good 5 years before he got to retire on his terms..

ejected

Isn't his buyout about over?  I think he will take a coaching job somewhere once he has gotten all his money.  He is raising his public profile to position himself for a new job.  Then he can come back and some hog butt like Mike did.
We like Mike!  Go Hogs!

razrken

nolan could coach the rimrockers or UALR next year

KAHog

I love what Nolan did for UA, but now that he's gone we don't have to worry about erecting statues or the National Guard swooping down on The Hill....That would be scary.

spudhog

Quote from: ejected on February 01, 2007, 11:53:30 am
Isn't his buyout about over?  I think he will take a coaching job somewhere once he has gotten all his money.  He is raising his public profile to position himself for a new job.  Then he can come back and some hog butt like Mike did.

i do wish he got back in it in some capacity. like to see if he still has it.

cityhog

Quote from: jamie72921 on February 01, 2007, 12:40:09 am
Quote from: hawgtahm on January 31, 2007, 11:52:19 pm

Are you on crack?

The BIGGEST issue Nolan had was when Frank tried to reneg on Nolan's contract during 98-99. Where were you?

Exactly.  It came out in the trial that Frank had in his files that he wanted NR gone MUCH earlier than 98-99.  He wanted him gone after the first few years.  If he had lost to ASU that 2nd year in the NIT he would have been gone.

barsquirrel

I'm pretty sure I remember a comment Nolan made about building a statue of himself sometime after he won the national title.  I can't quote it exactly but he said something to the effect that if he were white, like Eddie Sutton, they (the fans) would build a statue of him next to the Christ of the Ozarks.  Classy guy, huh?  Time and age will not temper the hatred that boils inside of him. 

barsquirrel

If I remember correctly, Nolan himself talked about a statue of himself.  He said something to the following effect sometime after he won the national championship that if he were white like eddie sutton they (the fans) would build a statue of him next to the Christ of the Ozarks.  I think this was in a Wally Hall article a long time ago.  The hatred that is in him is so deep that time and age will not temper it. 

razorback3072

Quote from: BartIV on February 01, 2007, 09:36:51 am
I don't think Nolan quit recruiting. Imagine if Joe Johnson would have stayed on at Arkansas. We would have had a sweet 16 or a Final 4 team. Who knows, maybe a championship.

He did quit recruiting as hard as he had been.  Once he had his NC he thought he didn't have to recruit.  If you don't believe it, explain the Ronnie Brewer mess.  He didn't even try to recruit him and he was about 4 blocks from BWA.  Why did Stan have to scramble to find some guards??  Other than Joe Johnson, name me someone he recruited after the 95 season that has amounted to anything??
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

ally_mcsqueal

Nolan deserves to be honored for his achievements as coach.  It would be great to see him get recognition ala a statue and/or the court being named after him.

But, he doesn't need to be on staff again.  The whole reason it came to a head was that he seemed to be burned out.  The team was fading his last few years as coach.  His recruiting had gone way downhill. 

He's never going to be AD because he had no tact.  You can't run around insulting the people you need money from.  He doesn't deserve to be AD any more than Nutt does.

razrken

All the guards transferred...JJ sullinger, Brandon Dean left because of graduation...they left because Nolan was fired.

HogNuttz

I would love to see Nolan and the Hogs go toe to toe with Mike Anderson and the Tigers.  Last man standing may literally determine the winner.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

spudhog

razrken

Excuse my graduation refernce...he ran out of eligibility

Coondog Hog

I miss Nolan, I always respected the fact that he stuck to his guns on how he felt.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

hogsmaster

Quote from: ally_mcsqueal on February 01, 2007, 12:50:53 pm
Nolan deserves to be honored for his achievements as coach.  It would be great to see him get recognition ala a statue and/or the court being named after him.

But, he doesn't need to be on staff again.  The whole reason it came to a head was that he seemed to be burned out.  The team was fading his last few years as coach.  His recruiting had gone way downhill. 

He's never going to be AD because he had no tact.  You can't run around insulting the people you need money from.  He doesn't deserve to be AD any more than Nutt does.

I agree, maybe not a statue, but honor him in some way.  That's what I mean.  I think the days Nolan coaching the Hogs or any college team are over.  It was great then but got ugly toward the end; however, he should be recognized for his accomplishments.

BartIV

Think of what the years would have been like without Nolan Richardson. Our football team sucked. Nolan at least brought Arkansas a national championship and almost another. What have Broyles and Nutt brought us or those other stooges he hired. I give Broyles credit on one thing, he did hire Nolan Richardson.