Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We just had the 6th BIGGEST ROAD WIN in Hog History! Congrats Hogs!

Started by fourthcrusade, January 27, 2007, 04:05:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthcrusade

NO NEGATIVITY!  WE WON!  AT BAMA!  RPI BOOST!  TOURNEY BOOST!  COULD BE TIED FOR FIRST IN THE WEST!

BAMA'S RUN WAS EXPECTED - they are a top 15 team at home!!!   Seriously, i thought bama was going to make that run right AFTER half... so they made it towards the end, so what? we WON! :):):)

NO disappointment!  Bama is #12 for a REASON!

AND WE JUST DID IT!  WOO PIG SOOOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edit to get 6th best instead of 5th... i forgot arizona 92-93, i thought that one was at ar)

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:05:25 pm
NO NEGATIVITY!  WE WON!  AT BAMA!  RPI BOOST!  TOURNEY BOOST!  COULD BE TIED FOR FIRST IN THE WEST!

Seriously, i thought bama was going to make that run right AFTER half... so they made it towards the end, so what? we WON! :):):)

Biggest road win in hog history? WTH?? I like heath and all and am glad we won but gah lee. We've won at Lexington against the great Uk teams and have beaten some MUCH better Bama and LSU teams on the road.

good win but....we should have won by about 50

NuttinItUp

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 27, 2007, 04:06:57 pm

Seriously, i thought bama was going to make that run right AFTER half... so they made it towards the end, so what? we WON! :):):)

Biggest road win in hog history? WTH?? I like heath and all and am glad we won but gah lee. We've won at Lexington against the great Uk teams and have beaten some MUCH better Bama and LSU teams on the road.

5th biggest... must be the caps you missed it ;)

WilsonHog

BAMA'S RUN WAS EXPECTED!!!   Seriously, i thought bama was going to make that run right AFTER half... so they made it towards the end, so what? we WON! :):):)

What criteria did you use?

fourthcrusade

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:08:13 pm

BAMA'S RUN WAS EXPECTED!!!   Seriously, i thought bama was going to make that run right AFTER half... so they made it towards the end, so what? we WON! :):):)

\

BIGGEST RANKED ROAD WINS IN RAZORBACK HISTORY
  #4 Kentucky - '94 (National champ year)
  #8 Kentucky - '92 (1st year in the SEC)
#10 Tennessee - '06 (last year, came from 14 down with 8 minutes to go)
#11 Texas - '79 (Moncrief's last year)
#12 Alabama - '07 (TODAY!!!)

masonselby

i love it, even when we win people say we should have won by more...i do wonder what it would take to satisfy some people on here
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

BigoBoys

Yep

hogsmaster

who cares if it got close.  Arkansas finally won on the road.

Ouachihog

I think he used what the opposing team was ranked at the time we beat them. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

WilsonHog

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:08:35 pm

\

fourthcrusade

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:09:51 pm

\

um, i don't get it... it's called the ap poll.  stop being sarcastic.

HawgWyld

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:07:48 pm

sry just delerious from having to hold on.

There is no excuse for what happened near the end of the game.

The coaches lost their edge and the players lost their edge when we got up BIG.

No excuse whatsoever for having to hold on.

WilsonHog

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:10:52 pm

\

um, i don't get it... it's called the ap poll.

Oh, I see.

You made a statment that in the modern era of Razorback basketball (30+ years) we just saw the fifth-best road win based on ONE factor.

Not very comprehensive.

Judging from your first post, I expected to see the eight or nine separate elements on which you based your conclusion.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 27, 2007, 04:12:51 pm
Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:07:48 pm

sry just delerious from having to hold on.

There is no excuse for what happened near the end of the game.

The coaches lost their edge and the players lost their edge when we got up BIG.

No excuse whatsoever for having to hold on.
Get over it dude

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

SultanofSwine

We barely held on to win a road game and that is nice but to say it ranks as an all time great road win is not even close. Regardless of thier rank this bama team has lost by more than 20 points in all of thier conference losses except today. They are not a very good team right now, certainly not worthy of a #12 rank. But this was a very good win for us despite the lack of coaching or execution down the stretch.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:15:20 pm

\

Oh, I see.

You made a statment that in the modern era of Razorback basketball (30+ years) we just saw the fifth-best road win based on ONE factor.

Not very comprehensive.

Judging from your first post, I expected to see the eight or nine separate elements on which you based your conclusion.

how else do you rank them, einstien?  attendance in road wins?  popcorn sales at road wins?

Sheesh.  sometimes the hogville negativity drives me crazy.

P.S.... ap poll has been out longer than 30 years....

fourthcrusade

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 27, 2007, 04:18:56 pm
We barely held on to win a road game and that is nice but to say it ranks as an all time great road win is not even close. Regardless of thier rank this bama team has lost by more than 20 points in all of thier conference losses except today. They are not a very good team right now, certainly not worthy of a #12 rank. But this was a very good win for us despite the lack of coaching or execution down the stretch.

Tennessee was #10 when we beat them, i think they finished the season like 2-5 or 2-6... doesn't make it any worse of a win.

Ouachihog

\

Oh, I see.

Not very comprehensive.

He based it on rankings man.  Looks to me like he is right.  What other factors should you consider? 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

SultanofSwine

You just made our point. We have beaten teams on the road when they were not highly ranked or maybe even ranked at all that were much better teams and bigger wins than today because of how those teams finished the year. Based solely on ranking at the time of the game you are right but this game certainly was not in the top 5 best road wins.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 27, 2007, 04:22:40 pm
You just made our point. We have beaten teams on the road when they were not highly ranked or maybe even ranked at all that were much better teams and bigger wins than today because of how those teams finished the year. Based solely on ranking at the time of the game you are right but this game certainly was not in the top 5 best road wins.

AAAAA     ok, then what was our best, smarty?

Gardner Webb?
A mediocre Texas Tech team last year/
Winning at Georgia last march with our NCAAT bid already sewn up?

This is stupid.  READ MY SIGNATURE.  Heath, for all his AWFUL road experiences, has beaten 2 of the highest ranked ROAD opponents -- EVER -- out of his last 6 SEC road games.

We won.  Why is everyone p#%#ed?

WilsonHog

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:19:03 pm

\

Oh, I see.

Not very comprehensive.

how else do you rank them, einstien?  attendance in road wins?  popcorn sales at road wins?

I'm not negative.

I don't like people who make comprehensive, global claims without enough background information to make them valid.

Here's an idea. Go back and research every Hog road win since Eddie Sutton's first year. Look at our ranking and our opponent's ranking. Look at the respective RPIs. Look at margin of victory. Find a measure that would tell you how badly we needed the particular win. That's a start.

hogtusk

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:19:03 pm

\

Oh, I see.

Not very comprehensive.

+1 made me smile.:)
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Houston h

5th biggest road win in hog history!  Apparently you don't know anything about Razorback basketball, this one wouldn't even crack the top 50.  Good win nonetheless, now let's see if we can win the ones we are suppose to win!

Ouachihog

OK....how is this for everyone....

5th highest ranked team the hogs have beaten on the road. 

Is everybody happy now? 

fourthcrusade

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:25:12 pm

Here's an idea. Go back and research every Hog road win since Eddie Sutton's first year. Look at our ranking and our opponent's ranking. Look at the respective RPIs. Look at margin of victory. Find a measure that would tell you how badly we needed the particular win. That's a start.

I did.  Sutton won no better than @ #11.  NEVER any better with joe klein teams, with alvin robertson, with the triplets, never....   obviously back in the duddy waller-era teams, the hogs from the late 60s, the awful hogs from about 70-75, they did not win either.

TRUST ME.  THIS IS THE 5TH HIGHEST RANKED TEAM WE HAVE EVER BEATEN ON THE ROAD. 

?Margin of victory?  Who gives a #$%?  We lost to South Carolina by 6.  We lost to Florida by 7.   Does anyone on earth think South Carolina was a "BETTER LOSS" than Florida???

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Houston hater on January 27, 2007, 04:27:27 pm
5th biggest road win in hog history!  Apparently you don't know anything about Razorback basketball, this one wouldn't even crack the top 50.  Good win nonetheless, now let's see if we can win the ones we are suppose to win!

name me some more, smart guy.  read my sig, and look at the facts.  you think i just pulled "5th" out of thin air????

SultanofSwine

I don't have the time or energy to go back and look at all the history on this. Without looking I can't remember if we split with the Bama teams that Robert Horry and Sprewell as home wins or road wins but if we beat that team on the road it would have been a bigger win than this one hands down imo.

You do not have a sig line showing in your post so what exactly are we to read?

I'm not sure who you are referring to as being pissed that we won, I certainly am not. I was disappointed with how long Heath waited to use a TO during the onset of Bama's run. I was also disappointed in his lack of making a defensive adjustment to negate Hendrix since he was thier entire game plan in the second half. There were other issues but those were two big ones that directly led to how close this game got. Like I said in my previous post this was a very good win for us.

WilsonHog

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:29:16 pm

I UNDERSTAND THAT.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAYING "THIS IS THE FIFTH-HIGHEST TEAM WE HAVE EVER BEATEN ON THE ROAD" AND SAYING "THIS IS THE FIFTH-BEST ROAD WIN IN THE HISTORY OF OUR PROGRAM."

Aside from that, I'm picking at you because I think you're an assjockey.

longtimeHogfan

Somebody refresh my memory please...where was Alabama ranked the 1st time we beat them on 'The Hill?'
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 27, 2007, 04:42:23 pm
Somebody refresh my memory please...where was Alabama ranked the 1st time we beat them on 'The Hill?'

HawgWyld

Feh! Who cares where it ranks? The Hogs needed this one and it was great to see them go out and get it.

Besides, beating Alabama at anything is always, always fan-damn-tastic.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:32:47 pm

Ah yes.  because 'assjockey' = 'one who believes in the basketball team'

i thought you weren't supposed to personally insult other posters, eh?

oh and don't get worked up, i encounter a lot of the hoop haters here.. your anti-stan strain isn't unique or anything -- no worries though, today we won so both of us should be happy! 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:43:17 pm

Thanks.  Then wouldn't this have been the 6th best 'W' using the aforementioned criteria? 

Please disregard everything this dummy said. 8)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

WilsonHog

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 04:44:41 pm

Ah yes.  because 'assjockey' = 'one who believes in the basketball team'

i thought you weren't supposed to personally insult other posters, eh?

oh and don't get worked up, i encounter a lot of the hoop haters here.. your anti-stan strain isn't unique or anything -- no worries though, today we won so both of us should be happy! 

I don't hate basketball at all.

You seem to keep missing that.

I'm very pleased that we won. Watched every second of it.

Oh, I'm not worked up at all.

In fact, I've rather enjoyed gigging you. It has given me pleasure. Made me laugh.

Thank you.

MarylandHog

I UNDERSTAND THAT.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAYING "THIS IS THE FIFTH-HIGHEST TEAM WE HAVE EVER BEATEN ON THE ROAD" AND SAYING "THIS IS THE FIFTH-BEST ROAD WIN IN THE HISTORY OF OUR PROGRAM."

Isn't assjockey abusive and vulgar?

WilsonHog

Quote from: MarylandHog on January 27, 2007, 04:48:32 pm

I UNDERSTAND THAT.

Coarse, and unsophisticated.

A cousin to the ever-popular "assclown," a term first coined by Rick B., I believe.

MarylandHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2007, 04:50:12 pm
Quote from: MarylandHog on January 27, 2007, 04:48:32 pm

I UNDERSTAND THAT.

Coarse, and unsophisticated.

A cousin to the ever-popular "assclown," a term first coined by Rick B., I believe.

Just don't use butthead. HiM is more strict on that copyright and Shanklin is with HDN's picture.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 27, 2007, 04:46:28 pm

Thanks.  Then wouldn't this have been the 6th best 'W' using the aforementioned criteria? 
One of the criteria "road win."  We've beaten many highly ranked teams at home...

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Hawgvillain on January 27, 2007, 04:53:48 pm
Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 27, 2007, 04:46:28 pm

One of the criteria "road win."  We've beaten many highly ranked teams at home...

Ahhh....of course.  My bad.  Duh.  (note to self - think before posting)

98hogs

5th biggest?  Good grief, you must not have lived very long

fourthcrusade

Quote from: 98hogs on January 27, 2007, 05:15:29 pm

prove me wrong.

read my signature line

are there any more i am leaving out?

heinekenhary

Just wondering, what was Arizona ranked the year we went in there and beat them when Scotty Thurman was a freshman?
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: heinekenhary on January 27, 2007, 05:17:22 pm
Just wondering, what was Arizona ranked the year we went in there and beat them when Scotty Thurman was a freshman?

Zona was rated at #9.

That was huge because alot of people didnt think we would do much that year after losing May O day.

phoggy

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 05:17:11 pm

prove me wrong.

read my signature line

I'm not trying to prove you wrong but what was Duke ranked when we beat them?

Again, I'm with ya. Damn proud of those Hogs today.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 27, 2007, 05:19:27 pm

Zona was rated at #9.

That was huge because alot of people didnt think we would do much that year after losing May O day.

you're right, my mistake -- i thought that one was at home.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: phoggy on January 27, 2007, 05:22:41 pm
Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 05:17:11 pm

prove me wrong.

read my signature line

I'm not trying to prove you wrong but what was Duke ranked when we beat them?

Again, I'm with ya. Damn proud of those Hogs today.

not really a road win -- tickets were allotted equally to UA & Duke & zona & florida.;.... yes it was in NC, but still

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 27, 2007, 05:23:14 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 27, 2007, 05:19:27 pm

Zona was rated at #9.

you're right, my mistake -- i thought that one was at home.

going by the #s Alabama is one of the top road wins but you know Alabama is insanely overrated at #12. Some of those Missouri teams we used to wipe the floor with in Columbia would kill these guys.

They may fall out of the top 20 next time the poll comes out.

Its still a good win that we REALLY needed but I wouldnt put this W up there with the all time greats.