Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN calls Steven Hill "the best athlete you've never heard of."

Started by TRUHOG718, January 21, 2007, 04:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtheball

At 35 minutes per game, he'd be at 15 pts, 8 rbnds, and 5 blocks - all things being equal.  Those are good numbers for any SEC center.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Bomis Hawg

Kansas really wanted Steven Hill.  Don't let the fans spin that and say they don't. 

Hill has the physical abilities.  Yes, he could work on his low-post moves mainly because he doesn't do much of it in games.  But, he did display some against LSU.  Had two nice spins into the lane (one was missed). 

Hill, if he can cut down on his fouling (some are on his screening and blocking), will be a solid all-around player.  I doubt he leaves early.  No need to.  He'll probably be drafted if he has good camps and displays more of his game. 

I agree on Townes.  When he wants to, he can be a very good player.  He is a good passer for a big man, much like Hill is.  He can attack the hoop, run the court, grab boards, good shot blocker, and can shoot the mid shot.  Some will question his attitude and work ethic going to the next level, I'm sure.

As for Ervin... I recall one of his TOs against LSU as legit.  There was one late that I can't remember.  But, the third TO was not his fault.  His 2nd TO of the game was credited to him due to the fact that the ball came to him last during the shot clock violation.  But, what can you do when the buzzer goes off as soon as you get it?

pughog

If the game against LSU was a proper guage as to what stephen hill can do then Stan Heath needed to be fired following the game. If a guy has to play 2.5 yrs before he can display what he is truly capable of , i see a serious coaching problem. The announcers on cbs were making me sick the way they were talking like hill was a perennial force in arkansas' lineup, when the truth is that on "the usual game night" guards out rebound him. I do believe we got a glimpse of what he can do though when he comes out aggressive and ready for battle. I look forward to seeing more games like this from him, maybe then i will be convinced that his abilities will land him in the nba. Until then im skeptical.

go hogs

TRUHOG718

Quote from: pughog on January 22, 2007, 12:39:12 am
If the game against LSU was a proper guage as to what stephen hill can do then Stan Heath needed to be fired following the game. If a guy has to play 2.5 yrs before he can display what he is truly capable of , i see a serious coaching problem. The announcers on cbs were making me sick the way they were talking like hill was a perennial force in arkansas' lineup, when the truth is that on "the usual game night" guards out rebound him. I do believe we got a glimpse of what he can do though when he comes out aggressive and ready for battle. I look forward to seeing more games like this from him, maybe then i will be convinced that his abilities will land him in the nba. Until then im skeptical.

go hogs

If you think Heath needed to be fired following the game Saturday you must just hate the guy. Usually its the other way around. You usually want him fired after a horrible loss. Am I missing something?
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

ballhawgin

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 21, 2007, 04:08:21 pm
What does everyone think about the Comments made?

Hill was going pro long before his dunk extravaganza this past weekend.  It's not hard to see how he changes games defensively.  Not many people can guard true NBA centers.  He's one of the few.

lrhogfan24

Quote from: ballhawgin on January 22, 2007, 12:43:09 pm

Hill was going pro long before his dunk extravaganza this past weekend.  It's not hard to see how he changes games defensively.  Not many people can guard true NBA centers.  He's one of the few.

It remains to be seen if he can guard "true NBA centers".  We'll see when he tries to block one of Yao's shots or has Shaq backing him under the basket.

That being said he is really coming around this year.  If he continues to develop over the next year he will be a solid player in the NBA.

5 little pigs

Hill does have great athleticism and with his newfound confidence, he will continue to shine.  Go get 'em big guy!!!!  You're doing great!!!

ballhawgin

Quote from: lrhogfan24 on January 22, 2007, 01:04:55 pm
Quote from: ballhawgin on January 22, 2007, 12:43:09 pm

It remains to be seen if he can guard "true NBA centers".  We'll see when he tries to block one of Yao's shots or has Shaq backing him under the basket.

That being said he is really coming around this year.  If he continues to develop over the next year he will be a solid player in the NBA.

True.  He'll play in the NBA because of his defense even if he can't guard Yao or Shaq.  Who can?

boomo26

Steven went to my church on Sunday.  I did not realize how big he was.  He towered above everyone.  By the way his girlfriend was hot!!  Have we started to recruit his brother?  He looked like 15-16 and he was only like 3 inches shorter.

Boomo

GHG3

Quote from: resqnu911 on January 21, 2007, 04:11:41 pm
he is improving every game...i hope he keeps it going...

How can you say that. ALl his points are dunks. Who cant make dunks?(assuming they can jump high enough to). Hill is good, but let him make some more points the real way, not just lob passes. I do think SH tries the hardest out on the court tho. I have never seen a 7 footer on the ground so much husseliing after the ball.